• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
I have not gamed on Xbox since the original. I went to pc during the 360 era and have gamed on PS4 and Switch for the past generation. Then I got the urge to pick up the Black Friday Xbox One S bundle with the new Star Wars game, and signed up for Game Pass Ultimate for $1. And I can honestly see myself paying the subscription if they keep adding games I can play on both pc and Xbox.

I'm blown away that I can play the latest Gears game, the outer worlds, and Reach right now for $1.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Capcom pass will be better. Xbox better watch out !

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
The corporate lackey's in this thread already, lol.

Game Pass is great, I think it gives Microsoft a great running start for next gen. It's what they supremely lacked this console generation, and what Sony lacked the generation before it.

Lucas voice: It's like poetry, it rhymes.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I agree that GamePass is amazing, but I can't believe how many people forget that PS Plus was amazing as well at the start of the gen. It tapered off, but it was Sony's field to lose. Once they had the extreme lead and mind share, they didn't need to push it as hard. Sad to say, but Gamepass will likely taper off as well if XBox becomes more popular this next gen.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Phil Spencer just announced that the new Phantasy Star is exclusive to the Ngage.
Weird flex but who is going to tell him no

Oct 25, 2017
Someone should make a google doc and everyone can assign days for when they want to make a GP thread.

That way we can always have a steady stream and we don't accidently double up.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Your title says Sony better watch out yet there is nothing about it in the OP, what and why is Sony supposed to watch out from?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It is truly a great service, but these threads will always remind me of this:
mormon_missionaries_dj9j54.jpg

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I can assure you Sony will fine lol

Why would you want Sony to be taken down anyways? Both MS and Sony have their individual strengths and weaknesses and can coexist perfectly fine. In fact, when both are at their best we all win

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Game Pass is an awesome deal, but I don't know why people act like this will be an infinite thing (I know that you can sort of do a trick to upgrade your live membership for cheap or something)

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Contrarian opinion time

im not really interested in a subscription service where i dont own the games...they can be free for all i care, i dont really care about it. its why ive never bothered in PS+ offerings every month.

yeah its a great deal for those who just want to play a lot of games, but im more concerned about being able to keep the games im really invested in for life than sheer quantity of available titles

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Well if you have all the consoles, Sony doesn't care.

OP
OP
lasthope106

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
Why didn't you get Game Pass on the PC sooner?

I honestly didn't know how it worked. I also thought I had a shitty gaming laptop, then I discovered today in fact it can run Gears 5 on ultra at 1080p

Contrarian opinion time

im not really interested in a subscription service where i dont own the games...they can be free for all i care, i dont really care about it. its why ive never bothered in PS+ offerings every month.

yeah its a great deal for those who just want to play a lot of games, but im more concerned about being able to keep the games im really invested in for life than sheer quantity of available titles

I hear you but in the long term there is going to be way too much content for people to buy. Think of it as movies and tv. Gaming is going in that direction where you will have subscriptions to access that library of conten.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm looking forward forward to the day when companies like Activision, Ubisoft etc all make their own subscription service, meaning you have to have multiple subscriptions to play different games.

I'm then looking forward to the threads in years to come about how we let this happen. Gamepass is great value, but equally it's the Trojan Horse for all the above to happen.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
I can assure you Sony will fine lol

Why would you want Sony to be taken down anyways? Both MS and Sony have their individual strengths and weaknesses and can coexist perfectly fine. In fact, when both are at their best we all win
Eeeeh.....not sure Sony and MS can coexist "perfectly fine", when MS had to change their strategy from single game releases to a subscription model to get traction this gen (as seen by Black Friday with the SAD model being no.1 in sales). They also have only sold around 40m units in 6 years time and the gen is almost over. 360 sold what? 80m?

Gamepass is great though, i'm subscribed for three years and the reason I got an Xbox One. But I wouldn't say MS can coexist "perfectly fine" when they are beaten so badly by Sony with an installed base of over 100m and Nintendo poised to overtake them with the Switch in just 2.5 years.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
With games like God Of war, Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn selling 10+million, an The Last of Us 2, doing to sell more than that, I dont think Sony has anything to worry about.

There will so many subscription services, it going to get over crowded.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have GamePass, I love my Xbox, so please know I'm not coming from a thread whining or a console waring place when I say this: GamePass does not need to be framed against Sony's offering to be praised. If you want to praise the best value in gaming today then awesome, go right ahead. There is just no need to create a level of "us vs them" to do so. Console waring feels like such a relic of a different time that it deserves the "ok boomer" of gaming when it happens. I don't think OP views his post as such but just let these corporations do what they can to fight for our dollar.

Side note: the fact that I will have Halo Infinite at launch for "free" (the cost of GamePass, which I have for over a year) is wild to me going in to the next gen.

Merex

May 31, 2019
Gamepass is good, but it's always frustrating to go back to a game you're halfway through to see that it's been taken off the service. Good to try things out if you're not so sure of a AAA game, other than that I'd rather buy games outright.

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
I think I'd sub for a max of like $8 but even that is pushing it with all this other shit i sub to monthly.

At my age I want to choose what I play not be told what to play. The good thing is MS puts their games up day 1, the bad thing is MS doesn't make the best games. I'm not in the business of paying full price for new games but at least for now I'm happy we have deals during E3 that allow us to get new releases cheap. So that is the current model I prefer, I don't have time to play 1/10th of what I want. The games I do play, I choose them and they are typically the biggest releases of the year.

I have 9000 free PS+ games I will never get to. GP has better offerings but even then so much falls by the wayside. I think if I were younger this would fit me more.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have GamePass, I love my Xbox, so please know I'm not coming from a thread whining or a console waring place when I say this: GamePass does not need to be framed against Sony's offering to be praised. If you want to praise the best value in gaming today then awesome, go right ahead. There is just no need to create a level of "us vs them" to do so. Console waring feels like such a relic of a different time that it deserves the "ok boomer" of gaming when it happens. I don't think OP views his post as such but just let these corporations do what they can to fight for our dollar.

Side note: the fact that I will have Halo Infinite at launch for "free" (the cost of GamePass, which I have for over a year) is wild to me going in to the next gen.
But that's the world we live in, US vs THEM. We can't be happy for each other, we have to kill each other.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Recently I turned off my PS+ for the first time in 5 years. Even though I like my PS4, the value PS+ brings feels like basically nothing, and I rarely play multiplayer games on it anymore, and the fact that gamepass exists and offers so much value put this into stark relief.

If Xbox brings good enough exclusives they may tempt me to main them next gen. GamePass is just too good and Sony as yet has no answer to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.