• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
gamepass-lq8wjjc.png

Source: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't they say 100 games for GP PC by August? They beat that pretty quickly.

RTX ON

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
And every game on pc has an exclusive feature called.......

Sorry Partner..... Restart?

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
Really tough to gush and not sound like a shill but yeah, it's also tough not to call it the best value in gaming. For someone like me to doesn't buy more than 1 or 2 games annually immediately on release, it's been a lot of fun to check out games I never would have otherwise while the community is still there.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they say 100 games for GP PC by August? They beat that pretty quickly.
Some episodic games like Life is Strange and Hitman have a listing for each episode so there is a chance it's below 100 still. At least on Xbox.

My summer outdoors activities am cry thanks to Game Pass. The value is crazy with how much the quality has improved since launch. Always too much to play.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
MS definitely exceeded their targets for E3 2019. Seems like they came there to market Gamepass, and so far it seems to be working.
Definitely a whole lot more people now know about GP and GP Ultimate.

I still can't understand how this is a successful business model, though. Office 365 was easier to understand, lol.

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm bummed out to discover Game Pass on Console and Game Pass on PC are separate things.

About a month ago, as compensation for doing some Microsoft surveys, they gave me six months of Xbox Game Pass for console. I don't have an Xbox One. But that was fine, because Game Pass for Console has always kind of worked for PC, it's just there were maybe 15 games listed on PC versus the 100+ on console.

When they announced Game Pass for PC, everybody was talking about how it was a separate thing, and it confused me, because I knew I could access PC games like Forza Horizon 4 through my existing Game Pass. The other night I finally learned it was true, and there is a new, separate Game Pass exclusively for PC. The PC games that work through the console version of Game Pass are just cross-buy titles.

As of today, there are around 30 PC games that work if you have the console version of Game Pass. Which, like, I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, but I also feel like the hood was pulled over on me and I'm missing out on the real Game Pass PC experience now.

ElOdyssey

Oct 30, 2017
Microsoft went from meh to considering going with them as my main console really fast. Game Pass is truly an incredible service and the value is top notch.

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I'm bummed out to discover Game Pass on Console and Game Pass on PC are separate things.

About a month ago, as compensation for doing some Microsoft surveys, they gave me six months of Xbox Game Pass for console. I don't have an Xbox One. But that was fine, because Game Pass for Console has always kind of worked for PC, it's just there were maybe 15 games listed on PC versus the 100+ on console.

When they announced Game Pass for PC, everybody was talking about how it was a separate thing, and it confused me, because I knew I could access PC games like Forza Horizon 4 through my existing Game Pass. The other night I finally learned it was true, and there is a new, separate Game Pass exclusively for PC. The PC games that work through the console version of Game Pass are just cross-buy titles.

As of today, there are around 30 PC games that work if you have the console version of Game Pass. Which, like, I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, but I also feel like the hood was pulled over on me and I'm missing out on the real Game Pass PC experience now.
You can convert it here https://www.resetera.com/threads/xb...pass-conversion-to-game-pass-ultimate.121700/

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

You can convert your Xbox Game Pass to Ultimate.

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
Honestly, last week convinced me to buy an Xbox S (I've had PS2/3/4). There are just so many games on it that I've been wanting to try. For less than $200 total (I bought off Craigslist for $135) I now have a full year of games, including all the new ones coming out from MS. Amazing.

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
I currently use Launchbox Bigbox on my pc as a front loader. Will I be able to link the gamepass games to it or does it have to run through the app?

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not a direct conversion, though, is it? Like if I have six months of Game Pass, that would convert in to something like two months of Ultimate, wouldn't it? I seem to remember hearing that.
The first conversion is 1:1 for both Game Pass and Gold. So, if you activate 12 months of Gold prior to conversion, you'll get 12 months of Game Pass Ultimate when you convert. It's hilariously abuseable.

It's the codes that you activate after conversion that are nerfed.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
̶H̶̶̶̶̶a̶̶̶̶̶v̶̶̶̶̶e̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶t̶̶̶̶̶o̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶k̶̶̶̶̶e̶̶̶̶̶e̶̶̶̶̶p̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶i̶̶̶̶̶n̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶m̶̶̶̶̶i̶̶̶̶̶n̶̶̶̶̶d̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶t̶̶̶̶̶h̶̶̶̶̶e̶̶̶̶̶r̶̶̶̶̶e̶̶̶̶̶'̶̶̶̶̶s̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶a̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶t̶̶̶̶̶o̶̶̶̶̶n̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶o̶̶̶̶̶f̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶r̶̶̶̶̶e̶̶̶̶̶p̶̶̶̶̶e̶̶̶̶̶a̶̶̶̶̶t̶̶̶̶̶s̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶f̶̶̶̶̶o̶̶̶̶̶r̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶D̶̶̶̶̶L̶̶̶̶̶C̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶a̶̶̶̶̶t̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶a̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶l̶̶̶̶̶o̶̶̶̶̶w̶̶̶̶̶e̶̶̶̶̶r̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶p̶̶̶̶̶r̶̶̶̶̶i̶̶̶̶̶c̶̶̶̶̶e̶̶̶̶̶,̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶e̶̶̶̶̶t̶̶̶̶̶c̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶(̶̶̶̶̶p̶̶̶̶̶r̶̶̶̶̶o̶̶̶̶̶b̶̶̶̶̶a̶̶̶̶̶b̶̶̶̶̶l̶̶̶̶̶y̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶~̶̶̶̶̶7̶̶̶̶̶0̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶o̶̶̶̶̶r̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶s̶̶̶̶̶o̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶o̶̶̶̶̶u̶̶̶̶̶t̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶o̶̶̶̶̶f̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶t̶̶̶̶̶h̶̶̶̶̶a̶̶̶̶̶t̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶n̶̶̶̶̶u̶̶̶̶̶m̶̶̶̶̶b̶̶̶̶̶e̶̶̶̶̶r̶̶̶̶̶)̶̶̶̶̶.̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶S̶̶̶̶̶t̶̶̶̶̶i̶̶̶̶̶l̶̶̶̶̶l̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶a̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶g̶̶̶̶̶r̶̶̶̶̶e̶̶̶̶̶a̶̶̶̶̶t̶̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶a̶̶̶̶̶m̶̶̶̶̶o̶̶̶̶̶u̶̶̶̶̶n̶̶̶̶̶t̶̶̶̶̶.̶̶̶̶̶ ̶

EDIT: NVM, this list has already pruned them I think. They have made sure to list everything multiple times whenever possible though... Batman Arkham is three entries (Batman Return to Arkham, Batman Return to Arkham: Arkham Asylum and Batman Return to Arkham: Arkham City).

Last edited:

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gamepass seriously made me consider getting an xbox one. But if the scarlett is BC to everything i'll just wait for it I guess and play the PC gamepass games in the meantime.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Gamepass is indeed the best value for gaming...it only lacks JRPGs. Other than that, it's money well spent.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These subscriptions have almost put me to the point where I wont have to buy any games outside of first party Nintendo and Sony. Most of the third party games and indie games are coming soon to a subscription near you.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Episodic games and games available on both platforms need to be deducted for a correct number but regardless great list of games.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I already converted my gold and GP months into ultimate, but I will buy an xbox one x with 1 month of both, can I convert them into ultimate too?

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
definitely a good service for people starting out. Personally not for me, since i own a large amount of these games on steam.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's 260+ as far as unique games. Also screw the op with that 17000+ pixel image

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
I'm loving Game Pass on PC, I just wish there was a bit more parity between the PC and Console listings. Though there's a very damn good chance I get an Xbox One S this Black Friday to go with my PC, PS4, and Switch.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I must say.... performance really sucks with the Xbox Beta app. (At points uses 40% of my CPU - i5 7600 - Stock).

I played Gears 4 a lot, and since they updated to this app my game keeps stuttering and missing key inputs for brief times. (Sucks to miss a reload input because of this).

Hope to see some improvements pretty fast.

AND GOOD LORD, METRO WITH RAYTRACING LOOKS ASTONISHING. (gtx 1070 user testing at utterly terrible performance 19-46 fps)

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah..... I'm not spending any more money on games this year now that I'm subbed to this thing for 3 years.

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017
The first conversion is 1:1 for both Game Pass and Gold. So, if you activate 12 months of Gold prior to conversion, you'll get 12 months of Game Pass Ultimate when you convert. It's hilariously abuseable.

It's the codes that you activate after conversion that are nerfed.
No, it's 1:1 for now.

Huh. Well, I paid $1 to get in to the PC Game Pass beta, and then I paid the $1 to get in to Game Pass Ultimate. I'm paid through January 2nd 2020 now. Neat!