• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I have absolutely zero interest in Shadow of the Tomb Raider so this is a bit of a buzzkill for me. =[ Oh well. Hopefully a good indie comes along as well.

Nov 1, 2017
''moving forward.''

Will this mean Forza Horizon 4 could leave one day? Think that's still in the cards.

I mean, even if they were to be removed from Game Pass due to licensing expiring they would just put it on GwG and problem solved. Both Forza Horizon 1, 2 and Forza Motorsport 5 were given for free on GwG right around the time they were about to be de-listed. Fully expecting Forza 6 to be next and Horizon 3 after that when they are old enough.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I have absolutely zero interest in Shadow of the Tomb Raider so this is a bit of a buzzkill for me. =[ Oh well. Hopefully a good indie comes along as well.
It's a weird game. I loved the first two Tomb Raiders this gen, but couldn't really get into Shadow. It's actually a huge departure from the action in the previous game. This feels much slower and puzzle focused, which I'm not always in the mood for.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be cool with Prey or Tomb Raider. Haven't played either game and am interested in both.

Love Game Pass. New games always get me excited and get installed played sooner than other games in my backlog, I feel.

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's a weird game. I loved the first two Tomb Raiders this gen, but couldn't really get into Shadow. It's actually a huge departure from the action in the previous game. This feels much slower and puzzle focused, which I'm not always in the mood for.

Sounds like a nice change of pace after the last two gave us Rambo Croft

images

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Yup the game looked very "off" to me in trailers etc. Absolutely loved the first 2 and didn't bother purchasing this because of that. Also had a feeling it'd hit game pass.

Don't have very high hopes but I'm excited to play it for sure. Don't think it's gonna be as good as the first 2 were for me but I'm hoping I can enjoy it or surprises me and becomes my favourite

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
That is super awesome, did not expect shadow of the tomb raider. I loved the other one, checking this out day 1 for sure.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Ah, you literally see where the money went into and then there was nothing left for the month.

But I'm pretty exited for the newest Arkham game, never played it so far.
Edit: Urgh, it's just the collection? Ok, the pot for the month really was empty, lol.

Exited for Tomb Raider, at least.

Last edited:

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
I will play everything they announced for game pass except for walking dead. Very excited for the 7th.

RNGesus

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
I still haven't finished Rise yet. I knew Shadow was going to come to GP eventually after the holidays so I paid no attention to do it at release. Glad I waited. Will check out eventually.

Glad I only spent $5 on the Arkham collection. Still solid games for whoever wants to go play them again, or if for some reason you never did to begin with go check them out.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Downloading in uk. Shows already as free with game pass

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
How is We Happy Few after 6 months? Is it less buggy now?

Might give it a try soon but after that bad launch I'm curious how things are looking there. Also, they are still going to release DLC for it right?

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Wow so Shadow of tomb raider and Crackdown 3.. that's pretty awesome, guess I'm re-subbing for another month.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
How is We Happy Few after 6 months? Is it less buggy now?

Might give it a try soon but after that bad launch I'm curious how things are looking there. Also, they are still going to release DLC for it right?

There are some quirks, but I haven't experienced anything game breaking by any means. I have loved it to be honest from a story and world building perspective in particular, and I like scouring the world for things and crafting anyway.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
It kind of bugs me that the dedicated gamepass app always seems to be behind the ms store. Why can I get shadow of the tomb raider now on the xbox app, but not kn the xbox gamepass app... seems like that needs to be more in sync.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit gamepads is amazing. I do t have time to play all these games. I just got kingdom hearts 3 and resident evil. Anyone know when hellblade is supposed to leave. I still want to play it.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Interesting thread from a developer on how they actually would get paid for putting their games on a subscription-based service like GP. I wonder if this is the model for the biggest publishers as well.

It's several posts long so be sure to read the whole thing.

Nov 14, 2017
Interesting thread from a developer on how they actually would get paid for putting their games on a subscription-based service like GP. I wonder if this is the model for the biggest publishers as well.

It's several posts long so be sure to read the whole thing.

Oh that actually makes sense, never thought they would be payed that way... He's right that it might be a bit shit for indies though.

Status
Not open for further replies.