Xbox Game Pass |OT| Game Pass and Chill

Oct 27, 2017
UK
pswii60 or someone else who follows Game Pass and knows stuff - did I see you say at one point that Kyub previously left Game Pass and then came back? If so, how long did it take to come back? Currently obsessed but I've got GP already set for the next month and might prefer to play something else via GP till Kyub returns. Thank you :)

Also pswii60 have you played Wuppo? I saw your love of Metroidvanias and that is an amazingly unique and fun game we've recently played in the genre. We absolutely loved it. Not on GP but it's been on sale for $5 on XB1 recently and we got a good 20 hours out of 99.5%'ing the game. I'll probably write a longer LTTP soon.
Hey Nabbit.

KYUB mysteriously reappeared a few weeks after it left last year along with a few other games. I've got to assume MS were going to extend their time on the service but were a little late signing on the dotted line. It's probably left for good this time to allow some more new games to join the service.

I've never played or even heard of Wuppo before! Thanks so much for the recommendation, I'm going to check it out now :)

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Nabbit.

KYUB mysteriously reappeared a few weeks after it left last year along with a few other games. I've got to assume MS were going to extend their time on the service but were a little late signing on the dotted line. It's probably left for good this time to allow some more new games to join the service.

I've never played or even heard of Wuppo before! Thanks so much for the recommendation, I'm going to check it out now :)
Hi pswii! The pleasure is all mine. Thanks for your reply. I've noticed we often have similar taste in games so I especially enjoy your posts ITT and elsewhere. So, I'll just buy Kyub then. I remember you said you played it, too. I am proud to say we are halfway through World 2 with most of the stars collected. It's fascinating to see the Achievement stats for this game. Only 0.25% of players completed all the World 1 levels. So, it certainly feels great to progress in the game, especially since wife and I both feel it is exceptionally difficult. I suppose we'll see if we're addicted enough to pay for it

Anyway, I hope you enjoy Wuppo. I would have happily paid full price for it given the enjoyment we got. You may want to wait for a sale to check it out at a lower price, though. I think if we did not go for 100% it would have taken a lot less time to beat. (HLTB shows 9.5 hours for the main story.)

I'll also mention it's more the Super Paper Mario style of game of exploring the world and puzzles and some adventure game logic, with structure between a Metroidvania format and SPM format. The bosses are in a twin stick shooter format in a way. Not a lot of combat besides the bosses, but plenty of compelling and hilarious plot, dialogue and exploration. The game trailer probably conveys this better than I can.

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I find it strange that Forza 7 isn't on GP when Horizon 4 is. It's still getting constant updates too.
Right?

I think it still sells. Like Horizon 3 hasn't dropped, even though 4 is in there. They gave us FH2 in either GWG or Game Pass about two months before the new one hit. So if they follow a similar schedule, Forza 6 would come this summer.

The two things that seem to trip up games being featured is cars and music, in terms of licenses, so I wonder if that might be connected. Otherwise it makes no sense that a core Forza game of some sort isn't on the service. It's why some games, like Alan Wake, disappeared from stores and can't be purchased any more. Racers with brand-name cars and games with licensed music are less likely to be backward compatible and/or featured in Game Pass because the contracts might not allow it. Also why some TV shows have different (and usually worse) music on streaming services (and DVD beforehand).

New shows and games are generally negotiated differently, I believe.

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I was going to say they always announce the next month's games shortly before the month starts but apparently that is not the case, as seen by the February games, which were announced on the 5th of February https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/02/05/xbox-game-pass-february-2019-update/

oh well :/
Yeah Game Pass is a weekly rather than monthly thing now with games added every Thursday (except day one releases). So they announce new games all the time throughout each month. The last batch of releases were announced on 20th February.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Game Pass is a weekly rather than monthly thing now with games added every Thursday (except day one releases). So they announce new games all the time throughout each month. The last batch of releases were announced on 20th February.
they always added more games then initially announced each month tho, they should still have the big "march banner" like they did every month so far?

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Downloading Alien Isolation now. Not a huge horror fan, but I've heard good things about it from lots of people.
Just don't go in expecting lots of action. It's immersive. Get the lights down low, crank your surround sound system up or wear headphones. And just embrace the atmospheric attention to detail.

It's wonderful.

Oct 27, 2017
Downloading Alien Isolation now. Not a huge horror fan, but I've heard good things about it from lots of people.
I’m not a horror fan, either. But I am an Alien fan, so I pushed myself into playing this. I’m really glad I did - it’s probably the most immersive game I’ve ever played.

As someone not keen on the horror, I’d suggest sticking to one of the easiest difficulties - it takes some of the initial stress and long-term frustration out of it.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Quests would be a lot more fun if they weren't glitched. I ran into the Thomas Was Alone glitch, contacted support, and they were able to get me the reward points but they didn't fix the glitch. Now I noticed that Achievement Hunter is glitched and it's not even worth complaining about. I mean, I don't need the 600 reward points enough to send screenshots of the 21 achievements that qualify.

Hopefully they get it sorted soon, in theory it's a fun way to explore games you wouldn't usually give a chance. But if I can't check off the boxes it's just less satisfying.

Oct 26, 2017
I assume its when they announce the march games, and they will drop (or start dropping) on the 7th.

The 7th is a thursday which is when you guys said they do the weekly drops now right?

Oct 25, 2017
It's 5 days before Inside Xbox, so that's kinda strange if they're making a big announcement.. Even if it's just a game pass drop. Unless they're doing a big announcement and then feeding out some smaller stuff on the show
I see. I thought it was a hint to an upcoming game.

Nov 2, 2017
Now that Feb is in the rear-view mirror, what’s everyone’s opinions of it? Personally really enjoyed Crackdown’s campaign. Just started playing Tomb Raider. Head Lander was the surprise of the month. Really enjoying that weird game. Overall turned into a nice month. Give the month a solid 8.5. Nothing ground-breaking or spectacular but some nice games.

Oct 28, 2017
Now that Feb is in the rear-view mirror, what’s everyone’s opinions of it? Personally really enjoyed Crackdown’s campaign. Just started playing Tomb Raider. Head Lander was the surprise of the month. Really enjoying that weird game. Overall turned into a nice month. Give the month a solid 8.5. Nothing ground-breaking or spectacular but some nice games.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider was a huge addition IMO. That game alone makes the month a success. I'll probably play through Headlander at some point. I thought Crackdown 3 was yet another first party disappointment, and it got boring super fast. Good but not great month to me.

Nov 1, 2017
Shadow of the Tomb Raider was a huge addition IMO. That game alone makes the month a success. I'll probably play through Headlander at some point. I thought Crackdown 3 was yet another first party disappointment, and it got boring super fast. Good but not great month to me.
Yeah SotTR was a blast, enjoyed Crackdown enough to rinse both the single player and multiplayer for most of the achievements. If i hadn't already played Batman Arkham Asylum/City they would have been great to play, Headlander was a great quirky Metroidvania that didn't outstay it's welcome. Those were the games that stood out for me.

Oct 29, 2017
I think this month was nearly the best month ever. Crackdown 3, SotTR, Alien Isolation, Headlander, Arkham Collection, and TWD Season 2. That is a really solid month. Topped for me only by December (even though this month had the bigger names).

Oct 26, 2017
seems early for Reach if only because they have that Halo thing in April, seems it would make more sense then.

I'm sticking with my "its just the March highlights" even if you guys say they dont do the monthly announcements now (I mean, they did them every month including up until last month so its weird to me people are asuuming they dont do that anymore, unless it was specifically stated?)

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or does the difficulty in Headlander go from 1 to 100 too quickly? The sequence where you have to turn off like 5 power cells in one room, with respawning enemies comes out of nowhere, and made me give up. Not fun.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
As Microsoft starts pumping out its own original content on a regular basis, are we going to see fewer and fewer third party games as the years go by?

Eventually Microsoft is going to have over 100+ Microsoft published games ei first party games on GP and since Microsoft games will be permanent on the service, that means less room for third party games.

I mean, getting games like Rocket League, Tomb Raider, Doom, Alien Isolation, the Arkham duo, Life is Strange 2 are great to bolster game pass

But less garbage like Agents of Mayhem and We Happy Doo Doo

Oct 27, 2017
Played through both Arkham Asylum and City. I had never finished City before but loved Asylum and I ended up loving City so much more than my first attempt. It's a very impressive game, especially for its time. Still getting Riddler stuff.

There's something so satisfying about hearing Riddler get progressively angrier and angrier.