• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
20 minutes into Edith Finch and it runs kinda crappy?

Really? Wow, that's too bad. It ran fine on my launch PS4 when I played it. Really a shame if it didn't run the same on Xbox. It's a VERY good narrative game with more than enough gameplay elements to engage most people. For anyone with an X I highly recommend it.

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, Edith runs terribly on Xbox One X too.
No idea what the hell went wrong with it but really disappointing.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Re Edith Finch, this is the downside to the X vs PS4 Pro: Games that pre-date the X and never got X enhancements are sadly saddled with 900p and sometimes other issues, compared to their 1080p PS4 counterparts.

Valet Jay

Mar 20, 2018
John C. Reilly swings open the door to a dimly lit, smokey room. Through the haze he spots Tim Meadows entrapped by the effervescent glow of a television set. Tim, startled by the John C. Reilly's interruption, turns his gaze over to his friend.

"Get out of here, Dewey," Tim proclaims! To which John C. Reilly abruptly responds, "what are you doing?"

"I'm playing Xbox Game Pass and you want no part of this."

"You're playing Xbox Game Pass?" answers John C. Reilly.

Tim addresses him with reproach, "no, Dewey, you don't want this. Get out of here!" Tim is determined to turn his friend away.

"You know what, I don't want to play any shooters. I don't want motion sickness."

"It has every genre of video game available. RPGs, puzzle games, action and adventure."

"W-well, does it just have old games or something?" he inquires.

"Microsoft is releasing all of their first-party titles day-and-date on Game Pass."

"Oh, okay, well. I dunno, I really don't have an Xbox."

"In the future, Microsoft will be providing this service to PCs and all mobile devices, including the iPhone."

"It's not going charge me to play online on my PC, is it?"

"There is no additional online charge to play on these devices."

"Sounds kinda expensive."

"It's one of the cheapest entertainment services there is."

"Hmm," John C. Reilly mutters as he weighs out his options.

"You don't want it!" Tim's last attempt.

"I think I kinda want it," he delightfully announces.

Last edited:

dreamcast

Oct 27, 2017
Started Edith Finch and I'm really enjoying it (about 30 minutes in). Noticed a little pop in on my OG Xbox One and stutter. But those things don't typically bother me a ton. Unless it gets so bad that it become literally unplayable.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Juat finished Edit Finch, what an amazing story.

I had no problems with how the game runs (played it on an OG xbox one).

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Re Edith Finch, this is the downside to the X vs PS4 Pro: Games that pre-date the X and never got X enhancements are sadly saddled with 900p and sometimes other issues, compared to their 1080p PS4 counterparts.
This is the issue with most games on Gamepass tbh. I'm still getting my moneys worth with the big stuff alone mind you but still disappointing.

OG Xbox One hardware sucks too much (for my standards at least), and not enough gets enhanced. Hopefully nextgen the powerful console is out at the same time so we don't have this issue again.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Auugh I bought Vampyr during the Christmas sale and haven't even started playing it yet. Great pick for Game Pass.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Played through Edith Finch this morning and there were definitely technical issues (pop in and frame issues) on my X, but nothing that made it unplayable or really detracted from the experience.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
I finally got around to playing Headlander and Life is Strange. Both are great. I'm trying to finish bothe before Vampyr comes out but I don't think it will be possible.

I bought Edith Finch when it came out and don't remember any performance issues either.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished Edith Finch yesterday on my Xabd the game had a few stutters and pop in but nowhere the shitshow I was anticipating after seeing people's thoughts on the game in here.

Maybe I just don't pick up on this stuff, I'm not sure.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
ID@XBOX GamePass stream in four hours. reallyyyy hoping for a Tunic release date, and that it's coming soon 🤞🦊🤞
1*cjcpP1T2zmdPBA_Riy6lMg.gif

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to trying Operencia thanks to Game Pass.

Haven't played a dungeon crawler for a while so hopefully this will remind me of what I've been missing.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
TrueAchievements just picked up Gang Beasts achievements... Possible drop during the Stream?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A game like Xenon Racer releasing tomorrow should have been in Game Pass tbh. It's 55 Euros (50 with the launch discount). It's an indie racer. It's a good game, had the chance to check it out in the past. But it's releasing to no hype or visibility on a random week in March at nearly full price. It's got online modes, but how many people will be playing at that price? How alive is the online going to be, with no crossplay in sight?

Should have launched it on Game Pass, that would have guaranteed a decent multiplayer population for a bit, but I don't see how that's gonna happen now. It's legit a shame because it's a solid old school racer.

dreamcast

Oct 27, 2017
Edith Finch is AMAZING! I loved this way of telling a story. I want more of these. Are there similar games out there?

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK

Welcome to the first ID@Xbox Game Pass episode! Get a look at new ID@Xbox games coming to Xbox Game Pass, developer interviews, and more.

Games (All Day One Releases on Game Pass)
- Killer Queen Black (8 player Multiplayer)
- Outer Wild's (2019)
- Void Bastards
- Operencia
- Supermarket Shriek
- The Good Life
- Afterparty
- Blazing Chrome

Games at PAX East with Pin giveaways for each game

https://www.resetera.com/threads/id-xbox-game-pass-3-26-19.107746/

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like I'm trying all those games. Outer Wilds, Void Bastards, Operencia, Supermarket Shriek and The Good Life, in particular. Great picks, solid show.

Jan 13, 2018
Operencia: The Stolen Sun comes out on March 29th. Been dyin' for a sweet dungeon crawler on Xbox. This one looks like D&D Slayer meets Might & Magic. I'm down. 😎⚔

Dunno when that Killer Queen Black launches, but I hope it hits the casual chaos multiplayer spot. iDarb could've been so much more if not so reliant on couch co-op. Laser League devs just gave up. Been waitin' for something like this... assuming the MP is online, that is.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Operencia: The Stolen Sun comes out on March 29th. Been dyin' for a sweet dungeon crawler on Xbox. This one looks like D&D Slayer meets Might & Magic. I'm down. 😎⚔

Dunno when that Killer Queen Black launches, but I hope it hits the casual chaos multiplayer spot. iDarb could've been so much more if not so reliant on couch co-op. Laser League devs just gave up. Been waitin' for something like this... assuming the MP is online, that is.
It's a shame Lazer League didn't have more success. That game was a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.