• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miyahon

Nov 8, 2017
Been playing some games on this service. Currently beat Observer which was an interesting game but had issues with performance on the Xbox One X and it crashed on me three times during my play through. Which meant I had to replay sections again as the game auto saves on its own and you can't do a manual save. I would recommend it if you're into a Cyberpunk psychological horror game but be aware it's frame rate varies from 60 FPS to below that. I would assume the base Xbox One would have even lower frame rates.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so im not sure how accurate the "most popular" tag is on on gamepass, but Minecraft is already up there with Forza and Rocket League so yeah it's probably doing gangbusters for them and it's a huge get for gamepass even tho it's tumbleweed for 99% of this thread (including me).

That being said and sicne they made it a big deal, I hope we can move on to some new announcements soon, we are well into April now.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Been giving Vampyr a pretty serious go the past while, and quite enjoying it.

I love the setting, and so far (12+ hours or so) and really liking how the NPC's are.

One of the things reviews said (at the time of the original game) was that the combat was pretty easy, so you never really felt like you had to make those "hard choices" to kill NPC's to level up faster. However at this stage in the games life, there is a hard difficulty setting so I tried that out.

I would say as a plus, I really did feel I need to kill some NPC's to get the level boosted up. It does seem to be possible to beat much higher level enemies with patience, but at some points I was level 10-11 fighting level 22-24 enemies, and they tended to kill me in one hit.

On the downside, the combat mechanics in the game don't feel strong enough to support a more unforgiving difficulty... the game tries to play basically like a Bloodborne, but it's like all of the Dark Souls 2 memes where enemies have crazy tracking, hit detection is spotty, and input is not always responsive. Skals who can fly across the screen to drain your blood, or those guys with the shotguns and stakes who skate across the ground to stab you seemingly no matter your dodge timing...

Still a fun game though ;)

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
huh, Operencia is interesting. don't think I have seen a first person game with DnD tile based movement before.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
huh, Operencia is interesting. don't think I have seen a first person game with DnD tile based movement before.
It's been a thing since like Swords and Serpents.

Which was for the NES.

It's definitely a throw back and no bad thing.

I've just got to the 2nd area of the main game and thoroughly enjoying it. Definitely one of those games that I couldn't justify buying but is perfect on Game Pass.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know the length of Operencia? I'm interested to try it but if the game takes something like over 40 hours to complete I'm out.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a thing since like Swords and Serpents.

Which was for the NES.

It's definitely a throw back and no bad thing.

I've just got to the 2nd area of the main game and thoroughly enjoying it. Definitely one of those games that I couldn't justify buying but is perfect on Game Pass.
yeah I am enjoying it, only played it for about 20 mins so far. I usually don't care for grid based movement but I am digging it so far. And I am always into turn based combat. just don't mix the combat with grid movement while in combat as well, never cared for that aspect, although I am fine with it in board games /shrug

edit: I guess I did play a lot of Myst and Riven back in the day, that is grid movement in fp.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
yeah I am enjoying it, only played it for about 20 mins so far. I usually don't care for grid based movement but I am digging it so far. And I am always into turn based combat. just don't mix the combat with grid movement while in combat as well, never cared for that aspect, although I am fine with it in board games /shrug

edit: I guess I did play a lot of Myst and Riven back in the day, that is grid movement in fp.
It's weird what we accept in some genres/game types but not others.

Operencia is definitely old hat in some ways, but looks great and feels nice to sink into. Maybe Game Pass will be a boon for genres such as this which has seen a diminished audience as of late.

Arcade racers next? Please?

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/x...ecraft_XGP_040419&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Scroll down and click "show more"

3 Months for $1: Promotional discounts not available in Quebec or Russia. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Limit 1 offer per account. Offer valid from 4/11/2019 9:00 PM PDT though 5/12/2019 11:59 PDT. After promotional period, subscription continues to be charged at the then-current regular quarterly price (subject to change), unless cancelled. Plus applicable taxes. Credit card required.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
why the fuck does Operencia have a 11 gig update?

edit: here we go

so that's wednesday, just in time to release something on thursday

Last edited:

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe how big my backlog is right now and it looks like it's only going to get bigger on Wednesday. Fuck.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor Martyr and/or Elex and/or Kingdom Come Deliverence and/or Ghost of a Tale pls

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
I can't believe how big my backlog is right now and it looks like it's only going to get bigger on Wednesday. Fuck.
I hear you. I got Gears 4, Shadow of the TR, Vampyr, Halo 5/MCC, Forza Horizon 4 and a couple more on my backlog thanks to GP.

But fuck, keep bringing the high quality games. I enjoy having the choice to just install and play anything. Hoping to see Ghost Recon Wildlands or AC Origins added soon. Lots of HDR stuff on there already but I could always use more.

also echoing Elex and Kingdom Come from my dude above

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
I get the sentiment, but I kinda feel like game pass has freed me from worrying about my backlog. I'm paying (or not paying, honestly, because of rewards points) for the games I play each month. Not for games I buy outright and then sit there taking up space. If I played a bunch of games each month then game pass was a good subscription choice. It's been that way every month, so if something eventually disappears it doesn't bother me at all.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think Cuphead's coming this month. They dont want the headlines about how much better it sold on Switch, so MS can just be like "X million people have played Cuphead on XBOX."

Also you're all getting Two Worlds 2'd.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm... Six more games being announced on Wednesday? I wonder if its mostly just release date reveals for the titles shown in the March 26th ID@GamePass video, or if these truly are new-to-GamePass reveals?

they announce games every month, release games every thursday, and we haven't had any announced games since Minecraft which released last week. It's going to be the normal announcements for this month (or at least for the coming weeks), which might include any of those ID@gamepass games I guess.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
they announce games every month, release games every thursday, and we haven't had any announced games since Minecraft which released last week. It's going to be the normal announcements for this month (or at least for the coming weeks), which might include any of those ID@gamepass games I guess.
Good to know. Thanks for the clarification!

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
Anyone played through Rime using GamePass? I'd never heard of the game but I'm really liking it so far. It has some perf issues near the beginning, even on the X, but it's giving me major Unfinished Swan or Journey type vibes.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone played through Rime using GamePass? I'd never heard of the game but I'm really liking it so far. It has some perf issues near the beginning, even on the X, but it's giving me major Unfinished Swan or Journey type vibes.

Do go on if you like it so far as the last third of the game is incredible. The puzzles get slightly easier but the emotional payoff is gonna be better and better. The performance isn't the best but it's the kind of game where it doesn't matter that much.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Thanks people! Just got more three months for 15 bucks (thats the brazilian sale).

Thats a total of 17 dollars for 5 months. It's really cool. I know this won't be this cheap in the future but I will enjoy all these sales as much as I can.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished Vampyr, that was a good game, the only real problems were the inconstant frame rate and the awful loading times. Other than that, story and writing were great, and I loved the setting. Combat wasn't something groundbreaking, but it was fine. Overall I enjoyed the game, 8/10.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Vampyr, that was a good game, the only real problems were the inconstant frame rate and the awful loading times. Other than that, story and writing were great, and I loved the setting. Combat wasn't something groundbreaking, but it was fine. Overall I enjoyed the game, 8/10.

How long it take you? Wondering if I can finish it and Operencia before Days Gone releases.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Cuphead is not coming to GamePass next month. There are no plans to bring Cuphead to any subscription plan for the foreseeable future.
Thank you!

Already beat it on PC and I'm not saying it's too good for Gamepass, but the game is so good that I would feel bad if I didn't buy it. Also means another chance for me to get something I want :p

Status
Not open for further replies.