• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I played it on the X so I don't have anything to compare it to. Just the downgrade from graphics to frame rate is huge, you lose so much detail from the world and no matter what mode you are running in when in motion the game throws a slight motion blur on the screen before refocusing and sharpening once you stop. It's weird.

I value performance over graphics, so I was interested in the frame rate. I don't get too hung up on graphics.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Does the glitch still work when you re-up for multiple months at the discounted rate? Was able to stack up on a year for $60 using that method last time.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not that I think April needs more games, but I'm assuming no more announcements are coming for this month?

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Is anyone else playing Vampyr?

I like it a bit so far but I definitely regret playing normal mode, combat is pretty awful but I knew that going in, but yikes, it is messy. I just wanted a reason to become a stronger kickass vampire but it's gonna take a while I feel like.

Also, this game crashes constantly. I must be on my 6th or 7th crash at this point. I really like the game but if you do too much in one night, the game is guaranteed to crash. It's a shame it doesn't run better because the acting, writing, and atmosphere are all great.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017

I like it a bit so far but I definitely regret playing normal mode, combat is pretty awful but I knew that going in, but yikes, it is messy. I just wanted a reason to become a stronger kickass vampire but it's gonna take a while I feel like.

Also, this game crashes constantly. I must be on my 6th or 7th crash at this point. I really like the game but if you do too much in one night, the game is guaranteed to crash. It's a shame it doesn't run better because the acting, writing, and atmosphere are all great.

I feel like Vampyr makes you chronically under leveled until you start embracing folks. I have only done one so far and the combat has been really hard for me as a result.
There really isn't any combo system either. Kind of weird.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Fingers crossed Walking Dead Final Season gets added to game pass.

I snagged a copy of the Complete Collection at an EB for just $20. I already played the standalone digital versions a couple of years ago (those are on game pass) but I figure I'd like to play through them again and why not do it with the collection, since it has its own achievements.

RickPresk

May 15, 2018

I'm playing it too, I'm going through it on story mode as I just fancied blasting through it, it's only crashed once on me fortunately, I'm quite enjoying it, the atmosphere is decent but I do feel there is a fair bit that's not explained that well but overall its decent.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
I'm playing it too, I'm going through it on story mode as I just fancied blasting through it, it's only crashed once on me fortunately, I'm quite enjoying it, the atmosphere is decent but I do feel there is a fair bit that's not explained that well but overall its decent.
Are you playing on the One X? I'm playing on the One S.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I played Vampyr on an original Xbox One without any fancy letters and I had zero crashes. No real major issues at all apart from an occasional stutter and that it stops to load occasionally when running around town. Fantastic game but if you have not invested in the right skills then you will struggle against some late bosses. Doing a no-embrace run is not an easy task since it gives you few EXP to invest in those skills.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
Well monster hunter has me fully in it's grasp. I had owned it and it didn't really grab me then. Thanks to gamepass I have a new go to game. It really fills the "looter" online game I wanted anthem to me. I still can't believe how good gamepass has become.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Well monster hunter has me fully in it's grasp. I had owned it and it didn't really grab me then. Thanks to gamepass I have a new go to game. It really fills the "looter" online game I wanted anthem to me. I still can't believe how good gamepass has become.
MHW is a great game that, when it gets its claws in, is hard to shake. I only wish it had the amount of content it had at launch as it does now.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Been hooked on Game Pass games. I was initially skeptical but this is the future. Wish I bought more Game Pass codes when they were practically giving them away.

Nov 8, 2017
If you plan to do a no-kill run or close to it in Vampyr I recommend playing on Easy unless you're the kind of person who loves a serious challenge. Fights against bosses will have extremely minimal room to make mistakes later on if you're doing it that way, even if you scrounge every bit of XP you can manage from curing people and doing sidequests. Regular enemies will feel unreasonably tough, too.

dreamcast

Oct 27, 2017
MHW is a great game that, when it gets its claws in, is hard to shake. I only wish it had the amount of content it had at launch as it does now.
I've started it and it's interesting. Just got to the part where online can be accessed. Not exactly sure if it's for me. Reading through menus of stats constantly isn't that fun for me. Can be overwhelming even. I also have a hard time with any game that has crafting in it. But I can see why some people love this game at the same time.

ACellarDoor

Mar 4, 2019

I agree with the gamepass value proposition. For the first time in a long time, i have not bought any game during the Spring sale. I looked at the games already installed and just couldnt justify it.

I have started Prey after initially not really liking the demo and now really enjoying it. I haven't even started MHW and made a start on both Tomb Raider and Just Cause 4.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I played on Easy mode and finished it at about 30 hours. Combat was something just to get through quickly to get back to the plot. I enjoyed parts of the story and some of the characters, but overall it was kind of a slog. Maybe if they do a sequel, they can iron out the combat and cut down the backtracking. I basically paid $1 for it, so I can't complain.

I wish I had put it on an external SSD on the XB1X for the load times.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished The Swapper. Really cool wee game with an interesting story.

If you've got a few hours to spare(took me 6) before it leaves Game Pass at the end of the month i'd reccomend it.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've started it and it's interesting. Just got to the part where online can be accessed. Not exactly sure if it's for me. Reading through menus of stats constantly isn't that fun for me. Can be overwhelming even. I also have a hard time with any game that has crafting in it. But I can see why some people love this game at the same time.
Once you know what you need, it becomes easier to filter out the junk and concentrate on what you need to be better. At the early stages, you craft what helps you with certain elemental issues you might have during fights, or just getting defence. Much later on, you start to craft for specific builds and things to augment your weapon skills.

The fact you can filter into the gear and find what you need and how much stuff you need to farm to get it, it super nice. Previous games had you searching websites for drop lists.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
to add to the Vampyr discussion, especailly since what I have to say goes with what a lot of you are saying, I played a few hours and enjoyed it but I felt I was gimping myself completely by trying to not kill anyone, to the point where I think the only way I can play that game is to just restart (actually I probably dont even need to restart its not like Im too far in) and just start killing people. In fact, it kinda goes against the whole theme of the game, youre a fucking vampire afterall lol. But yeah I think ill just kill ppl, get my xp and enjoy myself, and if the game is shorter because Ill miss sidequests, well, thats probably not even a bad thing because I have too much shit to play as it is, and tbh, Im actually leaning towards shorter games lately.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have downloaded life is strange 2ep2

Is there anyway to have )I know it's dtupid ) a normal LIS 2 icon ? Right now I have lis 2ep1 icon and inside ep2 as an add on

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Have to say after all the praise I heard about Prey I'm kind of disappointed. The combat just never clicked with me and still felt cumbersome even towards the end. The story had some nice touches, specifically when it comes to the choices you can make, but the way it all wrapped up was rather unsatisfying to me. Overall a very uneven experience

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have to say after all the praise I heard about Prey I'm kind of disappointed. The combat just never clicked with me and still felt cumbersome even towards the end. The story had some nice touches, specifically when it comes to the choices you can make, but the way it all wrapped up was rather unsatisfying to me. Overall a very uneven experience

I only played the beginning but the gameplay really is unimpressive, mechanically speaking. Good to know I'm not missing out on a lot by not continuing.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I'm just popping in to say that I've spent a fair bit of time playing doom 2016 this past week and holy fuck does this game deliver. The gameplay is twitchy, the mobs of enemies are overwhelming and each enemy type presents a unique challenge and best of all, every gun (except the pistol) feels awesome to shoot and they all fill different roles.

I'm so excited to see what doom eternal has in store for me later this year.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I assume you mean "why do you guys think Phantom Dust ISNT on gamepass" and you anwsered the question yourself, the game is free, there are no free games on gamepass, they... are free :D
Lol. Yeah I meant isn't.

If it were me I'd stop giving it away free and put it on gamepass. Tons of people with xboxes don't even know it's free. I don't think anyone could really complain after it being free all this time

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I didnt know it was free >_>

in fact I forgot it existed. Does it have a million MTX or something, whats the deal?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
it's that time of the month again where everything we knew about is out sooooo... announcements soon?

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm finding gems every now on GP every now and then but still a lot of stuff that I try and doesn't rally grab me all that much.

I tried out Sniper Elite IV on GP and absolutely loved it. I'd never played any games by the same dev but there are a few on GP (Zombie Army Trilogy and Strange Brigade which are both variations of the same coop game and a bit repetitive to play solo). Sniper was great and I played through the whole campaign last week. I read that there's a remaster of Sniper 2 so I hope that and Sniper 3 make it to gamepass in the not to distant future.

Is gears Judgement worth a play? It's the only gears games I've not played. It's by the same people who did bulletstorm and I replayed that a few weeks back and it still holds up well.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoyed Edith Finch, but it was a bit stranger than I was expecting and didn't blow me away. More of an 8/10 than 9/10 for me.

enemy2k

Oct 29, 2017
Played and completed Edith Finch last night, really enjoyed it. Gamepass is so good for introducing me to games I normally wouldn't play.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I feel like Vampyr makes you chronically under leveled until you start embracing folks. I have only done one so far and the combat has been really hard for me as a result.

That is part of the hook with the game, though. The fine balance between the player feeding and the world becoming full with monsters.
So one has to balance how strong they would like to become versus how clean and safe the world should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.