• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see Metal Gear Survive in my Ready to Install list in the Game Pass tab on my console yet, but I was able to add it to my download queue via the game's page on a browser, if anyone else is interested in checking it out for some dumb reason.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Made it through Shantae and the Pirate's Curse prior to it leaving Game Pass.

Enjoyed it, but it was frustrating at times with some fairly obtuse backtracking. Worth a playthrough if you enjoy that style of game - took me 10 hours to 100%.

RiME next for me I think.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Made it through Shantae and the Pirate's Curse prior to it leaving Game Pass.

Enjoyed it, but it was frustrating at times with some fairly obtuse backtracking. Worth a playthrough if you enjoy that style of game - took me 10 hours to 100%.
It was the first game I ever played on Game Pass. And I LOVED IT. But yes, lots of backtracking. BUT ALSO I LOVED IT. Very happy when Half Genie Hero got added too, but perhaps not quite as satisfying. Hope the game comes back.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I did it in GRIP. Finish the tutorial, finish one race and finish one Arena Match. During the Arena Match, drive through some destructible objects for the Demolition Man cheevo. Pretty fun game if you like combat racing.
Thanks, this was easy. I got first in the first race I did after the tutorial which popped an achievement (there wasn't even anyone else on the track, I guess it was a trial thingy?) so I just had to run into stuff in an Arena Match and didn't even finish it. Probably took less than 10 minutes.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I have live until July and Game Pass until like 2022. Tempted to combine them to extent my live haha.
Maximum of 3 years so don't combine them as you'll get no benefit
Oh good call! Thank you.
I know this is old, but wouldn't the deal be perfect for you if your live is about to expire in July? You would be extending Live for $1 until 2022.. right?

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
AFAIK Void Bastards doesn't have procedurally generated levels. I spoke to one of the devs recently when I demoed the game and they told me that they tried procedural generation but it made the stages worse. Like they sometimes didn't make sense and they decided that actual hand designed stages were the way to go.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering this right but I think it's a library of hand designed stages but the stages that come up in your run are random each time. The stages themselves are designed by the devs.

That is good to hear. I do kinda agree with the original poster. It does not mean I dismiss all games based with such a structure, but the base gameplay has to be very good and the algorhythms they used for randomly generating level layouts need to be varied enough. Rogue Legacy was addictive and fun, but not ever random generating level was fun or decent. However, the strong gameplay and the rogue elements made it fun.

Will try the new games people are hyped for at least. Look forward to playing Super Metal Furries in multiplayer.

Off the topic:

I have been rushing through We Happy Few and that game has such a terrible survival, stealth and gameplay mechanics (which is why I will never touch its original intended survival mode with random generated map). It is only the story scenes that make me push through but I question my sanity with that game. I had just finished Vampyr before, which was so much better in everything.

I really love Gamepass. It actually encourages me to play games more than before as I know I have a subscription, which is an incentive by itself. I also got it for games I know I wouldn't pay full price for but wanted to play. The selection is good but I mainly got it for Life is Strange and Walking Dead season 3. Been playing Vampyr, We Happy Few and Dandara (a lot of fun with amazing addictive traversal mechanics!) so far.

Last edited:

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So much good stuff on Game Pass I can't keep up with it. Looking forward to Void Bastards and Outer Wilds this upcoming week.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im starting to regret buying game pass until 2022 despite that I got it very cheap.

Reason is imply that so much of the games I already own on PC/Steam.The last 2-3 months the only games I didn't already own elsewhere was been JC4, Operencia and MG Survive unless I misremember.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Im starting to regret buying game pass until 2022 despite that I got it very cheap.

Reason is imply that so much of the games I already own on PC/Steam.The last 2-3 months the only games I didn't already own elsewhere was been JC4, Operencia and MG Survive unless I misremember.
Sounds like you just have a general problem with "buying too much too early" :p Perhaps if you spent less money on one side or the other, you'd be happier :D

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like you just have a general problem with "buying too much too early" :p Perhaps if you spent less money on one side or the other, you'd be happier :D

Well PC gives me the best performance, so I'd rather play a game like Ashen on PC. Operencia was special considering it has a Play Anywhere version.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
I did it in GRIP. Finish the tutorial, finish one race and finish one Arena Match. During the Arena Match, drive through some destructible objects for the Demolition Man cheevo. Pretty fun game if you like combat racing.

GRIP was the one, haha. I played like 90 minutes of Edith Finch before I realized that actually there weren't going to be easy achivements I would stumble across randomly. Got 5 achievements in under 20 minutes in GRIP, lol.

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
I'm in the same boat with lack of content on gamepass. Pretty much everything decent that gets added I've already played. However this newest batch has void bastards which I'm really looking forward to as well as outer wilds although that was a mixer freebie last year which is a bit deflating.

On a different topic I'm in the delta ring and thought I'd apply for the game pass ultimate offer but I can't see it in the insider hub? Is it only for specific accounts? Googling it seems to say that you need to at least be on delta which I am... any suggestions?

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in the same boat with lack of content on gamepass. Pretty much everything decent that gets added I've already played. However this newest batch has void bastards which I'm really looking forward to as well as outer wilds although that was a mixer freebie last year which is a bit deflating.

On a different topic I'm in the delta ring and thought I'd apply for the game pass ultimate offer but I can't see it in the insider hub? Is it only for specific accounts? Googling it seems to say that you need to at least be on delta which I am... any suggestions?
Unfortunately the deal is no longer available. The 21st was the last day I believe.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Finished RiME last night.

Really nice wee game with a very touching story. A couple of frustrating puzzles, but aside from that pretty straightforward.

One of very very few games to make me openly cry at the ending

Just waiting on Void Bastards/Outer Wilds now.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Can't relate to this problem. Gamepass almost has too many games. ( I stopped buying games alltogether, solved a lot of problems)

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Can't relate to this problem. Gamepass almost has too many games. ( I stopped buying games alltogether, solved a lot of problems)
lol yep, that's been my solution. Game Pass twitter has been uncharacteristically quiet lately, even for their random posts. Wonder if everything is dying down for a bit to come back strong.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had no idea KOTOR was leaving by the end of this month, I'm just 20 hrs in so there's no way in the world I'll be able to finish it in time, I'm gonna have to buy it now.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Finished downloading void bastard. Game isn't x enhanced ?
Do you feel like it needs it? I'm hearing that it gets a locked 60 on X, which is an improvement. But I feel like the very stylized comic book style might make the need for specific "enhancements" less necessary? Does it look unsharp now that you've looked at it?

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
Do you feel like it needs it? I'm hearing that it gets a locked 60 on X, which is an improvement. But I feel like the very stylized comic book style might make the need for specific "enhancements" less necessary? Does it look unsharp now that you've looked at it?
There's a lot of screen tearing going on

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017

It's the opposite for me. I came into this gen really late, so pretty much everything that gets added I've not played. I'll never have to time to play everything that I want to.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
It's the opposite for me. I came into this gen really late, so pretty much everything that gets added I've not played. I'll never have to time to play everything that I want to.
That's exactly what it's great, I bought my dad and little sis a one s plus I gameshare do they get my games like sekiro and red dead 2 and everything on gamepass. My pops loves sekiro but he mainly just plays MCC. Every time I see him he's asking me what's new and what's coming to gamepass, he thinks this shit is fucking revolutionary tbh lol. Also I buy the games I reaaaaally want day 1, like resident evil 2 and so on, the big ones, but a like a lot of games so a lot of them fall through the cracks. I loooove monster hunter, I got the Wii speak for my birthday for monster hunter tri, so next gen monster hunter on Xbox sounded amazing, so guess what's my new addiction at the moment (monster hunter world) lol.

Honestly I got this for the tomb raider trilogy at first, I have an X so sometimes I just download random shit that's In 4K. I like games like need for speed and MARIO kart so I never bought a forza but dear lord, that game melts my eyeballs every time I boot it up. When I have people over it's the first game that I'm like hold up you gotta check this out just to blow friends minds lol. Moral of the story, only the (extremely) hardcore buy every game. Most people, even myself with my every 10 minute daily checking reset era and other gaming forums self misses a few games here and there, and games I'd thought I wouldn't like that I skipped.

I really can't fathom how people don't see the appeal of this, like I'm not that interested in rage 2 (just an educated guess) but I garuntee that'll end up on gamepass down the line and I'll sure as hell play it and most likely love it.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Just about to hit the final battle in Metal Gear Survive.
Admittedly, this is probably the first Survival game I've ever played, but it's really enjoyable.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm seeing no screen tearing on Void Bastards and the game even has V-Sync in the graphic options

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
I envy that. Huge backlog and my inability to not purchase everything interesting at launch has ruined gamepass for me in some ways.

I get more out of the indie side though especially the day and date stuff. Really looking forwards to void bastards today.

Great avatar and username btw...

Megaten

Oct 30, 2017
Just about to hit the final battle in Metal Gear Survive.
Admittedly, this is probably the first Survival game I've ever played, but it's really enjoyable.

I've gotta recommend you check out both of the State of Decay games then! SoD2 was actually my first survival style game and I fell in love with it. That got me to try out the first SoD (also good, but SoD2 has a number of smart, smaller QoL improvements) and Metal Gear Survive as well. And see, I thought MGS was just kinda "okay", certainly not the dumpster fire the internet had led me to believe it was, but yea I'd say I thought it was neither good or bad. So if you're enjoying MGS, maybe you'll also find SoD2 to be something really nice. And hell, that thing was a buggy mess when I played it at launch, so it's bound to be even better by now, assuming they fixed a lot of the weird issues it had.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm not feeling Void Bastards, the game feels like a walking simulator and I don't get the humour.

I've only played around 1 hour. But i'll try some more later.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not feeling Void Bastards, the game feels like a walking simulator and I don't get the humour.

I've only played around 1 hour. But i'll try some more later.

I was afraid of that. My Internet is down so I can't currently download it, but the early reveal made me think it would play like the Prey reboot or something. Later previews made me thing that wasn't the case, but maybe my initial impression was right.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't really played anything off Gamepass for a couple of months due to already having played what I think looks like the best things on there, so I'm quite happy to see Void Bastards and Outer Wilds coming out this week as I think they both look decent.

I keep re-subbing my membership so I can keep on playing Sea of Thieves, I should probably just buy the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.