• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At this point I've run out of ideas. I haven't been able to update my Windows no matter how many things I've tried. I even tried unplugging all my USB devices as apparently that was a documented error.

0xc1900101 is the error code that shows up, and that's all I have to go on. I'm on 1803, Windows 10 64 bit.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Did you play it today? My game hasn't worked in the last couple of days. Black screen after intro. I'm halfway through it, it was running fine until yesterday.
Yes, I never had a single issue with the PC GP, everything just works since day 1.

Your problem might be different from the sounds of it but I think a lot of the problems come from people changing regedit settings, using CCleaner and the likes or just having cracked Windows copies.

Feb 15, 2018
Do we know when the Game Pass Ultimate converison offer ends? I'm still not sure if i want to take it, as i never really use gold (don't play online etc), and my reward points will go further for a gamepass subscription extension than an ultimate subscription one. If i had not missed this months Portal offering i may be more tempted, but as it is i would happily sit on the fence until a game pops up that is actually more appealing than the massive selection on Game Pass.

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone got an easy way to filter the windows store for which games are included in the basic game pass? It used to be dead easy but with this new ultimate it's getting a wee bit confusing

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Finished Hellblade. I am normally fairly sceptical about storytelling in games, sometimes unfairly, but I thought as a conceptual and thematic package it was really good. Some of the gameplay was a little too repetitive and not especially exciting, but I know it had thematic reasons to explain, in part, that (e.g.spotting patterns repeatedly). Furthermore, whilst the combat was good but not amazing, what it did achieve was a great sense of embodying Senua's rage and fury at her situation and her struggle to overcome it, and I found myself cheering her on as i hacked down the Northmen. A really effective game, despite some rather basic gameplay at times, and one I am happy to say confounded my normal prejudices about story/gameplay balance.

Also, genuinely horrifying at times.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Anyone got an easy way to filter the windows store for which games are included in the basic game pass? It used to be dead easy but with this new ultimate it's getting a wee bit confusing
I did not think Game Pass changed with Ultimate, it's just got Gold Added to it, so you should have no different games unless you also access it on PC.

Oct 30, 2017
I did not think Game Pass changed with Ultimate, it's just got Gold Added to it, so you should have no different games unless you also access it on PC.

When I reference the Windows Store I mean the Windows Store on PC

Before when I cycled through the list on the PC icons that previously had the game pass logo I knew were included with my Game Pass Subscription that I had on Xbox.

However now when I cycle through it's hit or miss.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
When I reference the Windows Store I mean the Windows Store on PC

Before when I cycled through the list on the PC icons that previously had the game pass logo I knew were included with my Game Pass Subscription that I had on Xbox.

However now when I cycle through it's hit or miss.
Ahh I see. Apologies. My mistake.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Guacamelee 2, great game just like the first. I tried out Hollow Knight but for some reason can't get into it. I've started Metro and made a couple hours into it as well as the Surge. Seriously, there is way too many games to try.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not part of the Insiders program.

Is it correct to say that if I have 12 months of gold and 12 months of game pass, and I pay $1 to upgrade to game pass, Microsoft will bundle it together and give me 24 months of Game Pass Ultimate?

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Do we know when the Game Pass Ultimate converison offer ends? I'm still not sure if i want to take it, as i never really use gold (don't play online etc), and my reward points will go further for a gamepass subscription extension than an ultimate subscription one. If i had not missed this months Portal offering i may be more tempted, but as it is i would happily sit on the fence until a game pops up that is actually more appealing than the massive selection on Game Pass.

There's no time limit posted, but the fact that it's $1 to convert makes me think it will eventually end. I was hesitant to convert at first- I'm not sure how much I'll use the PC Game Pass part of Ultimate so points would go further for just Xbox GP. But the fact that they raised the reward points cost so shortly after announcing Ultimate seemed like a bad sign.

My guess is at some point they'll either phase out using reward points to pay for XB GP/Live/Ultimate GP, or make it cost so many points that you can't keep up. Converting got me to 2022 with Ultimate, so I decided to pull the trigger and have as much time banked as possible.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
I'm not part of the Insiders program.

Is it correct to say that if I have 12 months of gold and 12 months of game pass, and I pay $1 to upgrade to game pass, Microsoft will bundle it together and give me 24 months of Game Pass Ultimate?

Yes, that's correct. It's not just for insiders now, the offer is extended to anyone who already has game pass and gold.

Feb 15, 2018
There's no time limit posted, but the fact that it's $1 to convert makes me think it will eventually end. I was hesitant to convert at first- I'm not sure how much I'll use the PC Game Pass part of Ultimate so points would go further for just Xbox GP. But the fact that they raised the reward points cost so shortly after announcing Ultimate seemed like a bad sign.

My guess is at some point they'll either phase out using reward points to pay for XB GP/Live/Ultimate GP, or make it cost so many points that you can't keep up. Converting got me to 2022 with Ultimate, so I decided to pull the trigger and have as much time banked as possible.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I expect you are right. I don't think they have put the point cost up here in the UK yet, but we typically track with a small delay.

Feb 15, 2018
Good lord, it never stops. Rare Replay is one i'm really keen to play, it looks like such a nicely presented package, and i have a lot of nostalgia for the older Ultimate games.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Adding Rare Replay should have been done ages ago but it's great having those 4k updates finally.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rare Replay adds shittons of value since it's tons of retro games in one executable and many in different "packages" altogether.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
So I got this girl coming over to Netfl- gamepass and chill lol. Like I shit you not, we were face timing last night and I was playing metro and she asks me what game that is, I say it's like fallout pretty much. She goes I loooooooove fallout games you should let me play it, obviously I've been crushing on this chick ever since we met on campus so I say of course. Moral of the story is gamepass is getting me laid, Xbox is officially the best box, who needs exclusives when you can get exclusive 🐱 with games 😂. I'm kind of curious if anyone else has gamepassed and chilled with a significant someone? Or am I the only one taking this thread literally lmao. If so what was the game that sealed the deal??

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I got this girl coming over to Netfl- gamepass and chill lol. Like I shit you not, we were face timing last night and I was playing metro and she asks me what game that is, I say it's like fallout pretty much. She goes I loooooooove fallout games you should let me play it, obviously I've been crushing on this chick ever since we met on campus so I say of course. Moral of the story is gamepass is getting me laid, Xbox is officially the best box, who needs exclusives when you can get exclusive 🐱 with games 😂. I'm kind of curious if anyone else has gamepassed and chilled with a significant someone? Or am I the only one taking this thread literally lmao. If so what was the game that sealed the deal??

Lol, congrats. I've been playing a couple Game Pass games with my fiancé, Sea Of Thieves in particular but most recently also Supermarket Shriek. It's a really great service.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017

Congrats on writing Microsoft's next advertising campaign

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
A different kind of "service & chill"

I play gamepass titles with my children. Like Disney rush, Disney adventure, the Lego games, Abzu.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
disappointed dying light isnt there, thought it would be in the next announcement after it got put up accidentally the other day. Maybe closer to dying light 2 coming out then

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
Congrats on writing Microsoft's next advertising campaign
Yo honestly I'm surprised they haven't had a joke esq commercial about that. If he needs an actor for said commercial he needs to send me a message lol. Also an update is in order, we in fact did not end up playing metro 😎. Lmao gaming is lit, funny story is I got her number by beating her in Mario kart on the switch when I brought it to campus. I think Phil was onto something when he said gaming is a unifying force.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Ends June 30

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So I have GM ultimate, but only have a Xbox.

Would it be possible to start my game on xbox gamepass, then go to the same game on my gamepass pc, and continue my progress there? Thinking of getting a hefty laptop, if what im suggesting works, it would be a great value to take games with me

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Leaving Gamepass "soon" :

Next Up Hero
Shadow Complex
Zombie Army Trilogy
Ultimate MvC 3
Devil May Cry 4 SE
Dead Island

Nothing I am personally concerned about leaving, I've played everything I want to play.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone having trouble with The Messenger on pc? Every other game I've tried works fine, but Messenger just hangs on the splash screen. I have the game through twitch prime and never had a problem there, so I know the game itself works on my pc.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Rare Replay at least is a very good addition. I will give Perfect Dark and Kameo another whirl since they just got 4K patches.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Rare Replay at least is a very good addition. I will give Perfect Dark and Kameo another whirl since they just got 4K patches.

Kameo got a 4k patch? O_o

I tried it recently (360 version on gamepass) because I loved it back in the day and it was ROUGH, im very curious to see it enhanced tho.

and Perfect Dark also you say? Are you sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.