• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naru

May 11, 2019
So people say Crackdown 3 is bad but I never played a Crackdown game and started playing 3 and it's actually pretty fun so far.

If this is how it's going to be, 4 games for Xbox, two for PC, (ok Torment is PC only) they better leave the PC price at $5.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
So people say Crackdown 3 is bad but I never played a Crackdown game and started playing 3 and it's actually pretty fun so far.

It's the same with Crackdown 2 that also has a reputation for being bad, but is actually good. Just be warned if you try it because you want more Crackdown after 3, that the difficulty is quite high compared to most modern AAA games.

It's a great series and I wish Microsoft would do one more. Probably not likely after the reception of three :(

Leaving Gamepass "soon" :

Next Up Hero
Shadow Complex
Zombie Army Trilogy
Ultimate MvC 3
Devil May Cry 4 SE
Dead Island

Nothing I am personally concerned about leaving, I've played everything I want to play.

Had just started Guacamelee! 2 and was enjoying it, but I'm gonna take a break to see if I can complete Shadow Complex before it leaves. Is "soon" the beginning of next month?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kameo got a 4k patch? O_o

I tried it recently (360 version on gamepass) because I loved it back in the day and it was ROUGH, im very curious to see it enhanced tho.

and Perfect Dark also you say? Are you sure?
Several Rare games from Rare Replay got X Enhanced :
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts
- Banjo-Tooie
- Kameo Elements of Power
- Perfect Dark
- Perfect Dark Zero
- Viva Piñata
- Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
Are the Banjo games in Rare replay different from the already available Banjo games on gamepass? Other than the 4k enhancement.

Salty Hippo

Oct 25, 2017
So I fixed the issue with games suddenly not working for me by reinstalling them. But now my saves are gone. I was 2/3 into the Sunset Overdrive campaign. Is there anything I can do to recover it?

The idea that uninstalling a game wipes your save without warning is asinine. How did they not think about this?

Edit: This is on PC.

Dec 5, 2017
Been enjoying some of the games I've been able to play. Waiting on a fix for the admin problem with a lot of the games. So far we'll worth £1

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Combat Is color based, it's kinda funky at first but i find It really simple and just deep enough

Some of the later combat dungeons have you juggling a lot of things at once, it's really satisfying to build combo to then detonate an enemy in a group, and then flip around and slam a new target with a bot-swap and then going again. Some camera issues aside it's ace imo.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally tried Void Bastards last night and I'm into it, despite it feeling really clunky. I think it's gonna have to be a PC game instead a comfy couch game as controls feel really off.

The art style is cool, though the chunky animations for enemies is ugly. But mannn the robot dude narrating is really well done.

Gamepass is so lovely to have.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I have changed my mind and decided to play Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition before it leaves the service at the end of the month. DmC reboot by Ninja Theory left last month so I played both of these games a little closer to each other than I probably wanted, but it's still an enjoyable time with the 4th entry of the saga. The chars all control pretty differently and it's fun overall. Enjoyed the fast-paced and ridiculous moves from Bayonetta more in comparison though. As for Devil May Cry 4, I'm not that much into the backtracking and devs reusing boss fights, but this mission design at least makes you experience the gameplay differences between characters on the same enemies. Devil May Cry 5 will have to wait for a bit longer though. Really clever from Capcom to include Devil May Cry 4 and DmC before the launch of Devil May Cry 5, btw. It's an easy way to lure people into the franchise before the new game arrived. Now the games have served their purpose and get removed, I guess.

EDIT: The same bosses THREE times, Capcom? Seriously...

Last edited:

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
I'm in the middle of The Turing Test, not sure how this game went under my radar. It's a puzzler and very much Portal--esque. I recommend giving it a shot, especially since it's easy gamerscore if that's your jam.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's time to power through Shadow Complex Remastered this week. I played the 360 version a long time ago. It's a shame they didn't really upgrade the graphics that much.

I'm in the middle of The Turing Test, not sure how this game went under my radar. It's a puzzler and very much Portal--esque. I recommend giving it a shot, especially since it's easy gamerscore if that's your jam.

I'm about halfway through this. Very easy to pick up and play and the mechanics are simple but effective. There's also a MS Rewards quest for getting 10 achievements for 1000 points in a bunch of games including this one.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's the lowest version of Windows 10 that is required to use Gamepass?

Because no matter what I try, I can't get my machine to update to 1903. I keep getting the same message that suggests that a USB device is halting the update, but I've tried unplugging every single device except for my mouse, and still can't update.

If there's a way to manually install a lower version number that will allow Gamepass, I'll settle on that for now (I'm on 1803).

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
What's the lowest version of Windows 10 that is required to use Gamepass?

Because no matter what I try, I can't get my machine to update to 1903. I keep getting the same message that suggests that a USB device is halting the update, but I've tried unplugging every single device except for my mouse, and still can't update.

If there's a way to manually install a lower version number that will allow Gamepass, I'll settle on that for now (I'm on 1803).

Lowest version is 1903..

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Yeah I loved it. Also highly recommend The Talos Principle and QUBE 2 if you're enjoying Turing Test.

They're not on Game Pass but totally deserve your money if you enjoy atmospheric test chamber environmental first person puzzle games like Portal. It's my favourite genre :)

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
Yeah I loved it. Also highly recommend The Talos Principle and QUBE 2 if you're enjoying Turing Test.

They're not on Game Pass but totally deserve your money if you enjoy atmospheric test chamber environmental first person puzzle games like Portal. It's my favourite genre :)
Appreciate the recommendations. I'll definitely check them out, probably my favorite format for puzzle games as well.

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
It's great that Arkham Knight is on GamePass and Dying Light may be on there soon but without enhancement patches the games look horrendous.

Arkham Knight would be absolutely spectacular if it had the enhanced patch.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any non-os sata drives plugged in showing up as removable devices? If so, try unplugging them.

Here's everything showing up in my devices list:

devices1gokj4.jpg

devices24yj9v.jpg

devices3vekew.jpg

Not sure if there's anything specific there that might be causing a conflict.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thimbleweed Park and a walkthrough or that Rush: Disneyland Adventure game if it's still up.

Thimbleweed Park is phenomenally good. I honestly have no idea how you would complete it without a guide though. As someone who grew up on the games it is celebrating, some of the puzzles were too obscure even for me. Loved it though.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
It's great that Arkham Knight is on GamePass and Dying Light may be on there soon but without enhancement patches the games look horrendous.

Arkham Knight would be absolutely spectacular if it had the enhanced patch.
Yes it is sad how the shitty XB1S drags down Gamepass and the Xbox ecosystem as a whole. I didn't buy a 1X and an OLED to play 900p games.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017

If this is how it's going to be, 4 games for Xbox, two for PC, (ok Torment is PC only) they better leave the PC price at $5.

Crackdowns problem was the shallow hype it had built up behind it.

Expectations going in were too high. And to be honest I think MS went into this all wrong from the get go.
If they wanted it to become a pillar franchise like they advertised they needed a MUCH better studio, internal and more design goals ie narrative, gameplay mechanics etc its a damn shame how the game ended up. But for what it actually is, its a decent action game.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Wandersong is a very unique game, definitely worth trying if you're in the mood for some indie goodness.

k4mon

Oct 28, 2017
Wrocław / Poland
Anyone had/has issues with certain games and how the Microsoft Store works?

I installed Void Bastards, played it once, then it stopped working. Now I can't start it, can't uninstall it, can't reinstall it.
Same with Wolfenstein II.

Status
Not open for further replies.