• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Extremely satisfied with the service since the PC xbox beta was released after E3. The number of amazing metroidvanias on the catalog is outstanding. Also, if day one releases like today Blazing Chrome will be common, oh my....

Downloading Dead Rising 4.... Is it good?

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
I decided to finally boot up my PC to check out game pass on there since I have ultimate for several years anyway. I saw u had to get the xbox beta app to use it. So I went to download the app and it says my PC needs a windows update. Anytime I try to get that update, it takes about an hour to download, then when applying the update it fails and reverts my PC back to what it was at. Some update called 1903. Its also giving me an error that my current windows version is losing support soon. Tried several solutions ive found online, but nothing helps.

Download Windows 10

You need this update assistant. It will push the latest 1903 update to you. Be warned tho, that If you're not getting the update installed automatically there may be hardware issues that don't meet 1903 requirements. So it's possible something you have may not work right after upgrading.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017

Download Windows 10

You need this update assistant. It will push the latest 1903 update to you. Be warned tho, that If you're not getting the update installed automatically there may be hardware issues that don't meet 1903 requirements. So it's possible something you have may not work right after upgrading.

I tried everything I could find online including the assistant. I couldn't figure it out so I formatted my ssd, reinstalled windows and the update went through with no problems.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Quantum Break is huge. I left it on overnight to dl but only got half. Now it says installed but when I click it I have to go search the store. Then it says I have to buy it. I just want to dl the rest but can't figure out how.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Just beat Metro. Didn't love the last level but otherwise one heck of an experience. Visually stunning. Really glad this was in Game Pass otherwise would've missed one of the most immersive games this gen.

Metro got me in the mood for some stealth. Going to give Tomb Raider a shot as the next AAA I focus on next.

Played 1.5 levels of Blazing Chrome. Not a fan of jump and roll being on the same button but otherwise addictive little game.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge fan of Blazing Chrome so far. It nails the style nicely (although there's some effects which are "faked" and definitely not made with the limitations of the time in mind), but the gameplay is actually clunkier than games like Contra and Metal Slug, with a lot of uninspired enemy and level designs and wonky hit detection (my fiancé was watching me play on my first run, lost 3 lives to things that should not have hit me at all so much that she didn't realize I died from that at first). I'll probably try it again but it's not really on par with the games it's trying to emulate.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I'm loving Timespinner so far, only played for about an hour or so last night but so far I'm very impressed. Definitely worth a look.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Nothing changed. Xbox Game Pass on Console grants you access to the PC versions that are Play Anywhere. Time Spinner Xbox version is not part of Xbox Game Pass on Console, therefore you don't have access to the PC version through Play Anywhere, however the opposite is true. So if you have Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass on PC, then you have access to Time Spinners Xbox version through Play Anywhere.

The real news to me was that Time Spinner is a Play Anywhere title. Not sure this was communicated beforehand.

The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut is releasing on August 27, it'll be available on Game Pass for both PC and Xbox One.

YES! So soon as well. I wish the remake of the original games also made it to Xbox, but this would probably be too much to ask for. Happy the Wasteland 1 remaster is hitting Xbox though.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
So I already finished Sunset Overdrive long time ago, but didn't play the dlc. Is the dlc included in the PC version? and is it worth it?

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
So what's the deal with Timespinner? I heard it was available on the X with normal gamepass, but it only says I can buy it

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
Available on PC Game Pass but it's Play Anywhere I think? I've been playing it on console.
It's available on console (since it's a Play Anywhere title) for whoever have an active Xbox Game Pass/PC or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.
I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Damn, I really wanted to play that. I know it's only 1 dollar for the first month, but I live abroad and don't have a US credit card. Oh well, maybe I'll just buy it along with bloodstained

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hope everyone tries Iron Brigade before if gets removed. I played it to death on release and absolutely loved it. If you're looking for a co-op partner, hit me up.

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to see what is being removed from Game Pass? Do games pretty much leave whenever new ones are added?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blazing Chrome is not a very good game. The hitboxes are very inconsistent and it's full of cheap shots and enemy placement problems.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blazing Chrome is not a very good game. The hitboxes are very inconsistent and it's full of cheap shots and enemy placement problems.

Yep. I couldn't believe my eyes when NintendoLife gave it 9, it feels like they watched the intro and played 30 seconds only because as soon as you leave the first screen you're bound to notice how enemies and shots start appearing from blindspots and hitboxes are noticeably larger than the sprites.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I couldn't believe my eyes when NintendoLife gave it 9, it feels like they watched the intro and played 30 seconds only because as soon as you leave the first screen you're bound to notice how enemies and shots start appearing from blindspots and hitboxes are noticeably larger than the sprites.

Pretty much. The first level is somewhat passable despite an awful mech sequence, but the second level is a mess throughout and i think i'm done with it.

I'll give it that the visuals have some pretty cool details and they nailed the tone for me. But i just don't enjoy playing it.

Good thing it's on gamepass.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much. The first level is somewhat passable despite an awful mech sequence, but the second level is a mess throughout and i think i'm done with it.

I'll give it that the visuals have some pretty cool details and they nailed the tone for me. But i just don't enjoy playing it.

Good thing it's on gamepass.

Yeah, Game Pass is a godsend for games like these. It showed immense potential, it didn't live up to it. I didn't lose nothing by trying it out myself instead of just trusting reviewers and buying based on their opinion. If I buy it I probably push through annoying parts because I spent money on it and I'd better make it worth. Like this I have dozens (if not hundreds) of games in my backlog that are much more worthy of my time.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like this I have dozens (if not hundreds) of games in my backlog that are much more worthy of my time.

Tell me about it :/

I'll give Blazing Chrome another one. It has a wicked plasma whip like weapon that reminded me of Castlevania in a good way. Apart from that the basic machinegun type weapon seems to be the best and straight up most effective which kinda goes against the point of having special weapon pickups in the first place.

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
do those all have 4K DLC that's optional on other platforms? I checked DR4 on Steam and that doesn't appear to be the case for that title, though I agree that download sizes have gotten too fucking big and there should be ways to opt out of the highest-res textures and FMVs.

Ah, not sure if they have 4K DLC, but I wish that all games would allow us to choose because these games are way too large and I'm not trying to get throttled lol

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
What has been the timeline for announcements of non-first party games coming onto Gamepass?

For instance, it got Outer Wilds on release date. How far in advance was this known? There are a few mid-range indie and AA games that have good preorder deals right now, but I'm leery of getting them as any of these games might be announced as being on Gamepass at release.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Finished Metro the other night. Really glad I got to play it in 4K. Love the atmosphere of the metro games.

I'm onto Dead Rising 4. Man this feels dated. Not that it's bad so far, but Capcom had to give this a small budget.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Unavowed supposed to be up today? Doesn't even have a store page yet. (On PC, at least.)

I beat it at release, but I'm excited for others that will get to play it for the first time. It's an absolute gem of an adventure game.

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
It's so freaking weird that the UWP version of Timespinner has no video options at all.. Can't even fullscreen the game

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
So according to TrueAchievements' list Vampyr pc has got achievement support at some point since release, can anyone confirm? The store page doesn't reflect this.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So according to TrueAchievements' list Vampyr pc has got achievement support at some point since release, can anyone confirm? The store page doesn't reflect this.

The store page is so spotty for information. Some games have download sizes, lists if it supports XBL and full recommended specs.

Others are lucky to say "its a video game"

They really need to get that sorted out. Its a bit annoying.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
It's so freaking weird that the UWP version of Timespinner has no video options at all.. Can't even fullscreen the game
Try Win+Shift+Enter.... what a pain in the ass if you want to play using Steam Big Picture mode with gamepad. I made a launcher for UWP apps that enters fullscreen automatically previously but it seems that after the latest W10 update it does not do that correctly anymore or it's just this game... not tried the others yet.

I really want to make a rant thread and bash everything related to Xbox software layer on PC or even Xbox One( yes Xbox One OS is still an absolute slow ass trash ) but i am holding out so far. How about starting to use caching for images/descriptions etc for both PC app and X1 OS?

Yes, this is a beta app but it is simply a rushed mess on many levels. Fucking chromium app without caching instead of native windows performance? Yes i know that even MS employees probably have a hard time dealing with UWP mess but still...

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
Try Win+Shift+Enter.... what a pain in the ass if you want to play using Steam Big Picture mode with gamepad. I made a launcher for UWP apps that enters fullscreen automatically previously but it seems that after the latest W10 update it does not do that correctly anymore or it's just this game... not tried the others yet.

I really want to make a rant thread and bash everything related to Xbox software layer on PC or even Xbox One( yes Xbox One OS is still an absolute slow ass trash ) but i am holding out so far. How about starting to use caching for images/descriptions etc for both PC app and X1 OS?

Yes, this is a beta app but it is simply a rushed mess on many levels. Fucking chromium app without caching instead of native windows performance? Yes i know that even MS employees probably have a hard time dealing with UWP mess but still...
Thank you!! That shortcut works like a charm.
Thankfully I got a wireless keyboard hooked up for cases like that (...and for being a lazy bum on Sundays and not getting up off my couch all day except for food and bodily functions)

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
I'll give Blazing Chrome another one. It has a wicked plasma whip like weapon that reminded me of Castlevania in a good way. Apart from that the basic machinegun type weapon seems to be the best and straight up most effective which kinda goes against the point of having special weapon pickups in the first place.
Yeah my first thought when I played the game was how much the other weapons kinda suck.
It's like a reverse take on every run & gun I've ever played.

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
Ya, Metro Exodus was remarkably disappointing. I didn't last more than 5+ hours.

I loved the prior two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.