• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 39353

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Is game pass not working for anyone else? I can't download any games and when I go to the button that says "get game pass", it says I already own this.

GhoulOne

Mar 4, 2018
Did a quick playthrough of Metal Slug XX since I saw it was leaving game pass soon. Honestly the game isn't that good, especially after having just played Blazing Chrome which is a much better game.

D.Dragoon

Mar 2, 2018
Well I got through more than half of Observer before quitting because I hit another of it's stealth sections which I find dreadful. I also don't understand why it runs so poorly on the X. Actually don't understand why any of the "walking sims" run so poorly on it like Edith Finch (which I loved), they should be at least a smooth 30 fps.

Johnohno

Hero of Bowerstone
Nov 6, 2017
Well I got through more than half of Observer before quitting because I hit another of it's stealth sections which I find dreadful. I also don't understand why it runs so poorly on the X. Actually don't understand why any of the "walking sims" run so poorly on it like Edith Finch (which I loved), they should be at least a smooth 30 fps.

I ended up just using a walkthrough to get through the stealth sections so I knew specifically how to avoid things. Really enjoyed the atmosphere for the rest of it though.

The biggest annoyance with the game for me as an achievement person was that some of the patient cards glitch and don't track correctly, meaning you have to quit after getting each one to make sure it updates. Ended up with 68/69 cards even though I got them all so missed out on the last achievement :-(

Feb 15, 2018

I think i know the bit you are talking about, and it is a massive pain. Its a shame as it is an outlier and i really enjoyed the world and story when i played it about a month ago, but this section really dragged it down.

And yes, those two games could really do with some optimization. And i loved Edith Finch also (far more than i did Observer).

big_z

Nov 2, 2017

edith finch wasn't patched for X and uses unity. thankfully the game runs fine outside of the intro and well worth the play for anyone who hasn't.
observer is not good. stealth sections are bad as is the narrative. the blade runner art style is about all it has going for it.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just starting Metro Exodus. I enjoyed 2033 and Last Light well enough. I'm having a harder time getting into this one. I might give it a few more plays to see if it starts to stick.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

yeah, the stealth sections are godawful. Didn't care for all the pixel-hunting in the investigation segments, either.

I appreciate that Bloober Team tried something more ambitious than just a cyberpunk reskin of Layers of Fear, but I probably would have liked that game better, TBH. hopefully Blair Witch doesn't have the same failings as Observer and LoF2

edith finch wasn't patched for X and uses unity.

Edith Finch is UE4, actually.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
While the OP features info pertaining the expiration and introduction days for certain games, I wish each and every game would show the range of time for which they are on GP with intro and outro dates as part of a menu. It would make prioritizing much easier.

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
Gave Outer Wild a 2nd chance. nope still boring as shit. Interesting concept, just no fun to play.
I didn't like it at all
I appreciate it for what it is, but I couldn't get down with it at all either. Just not for me.
Yeah it is barely a game. Feels like an extended walking sim. There is little to no interaction with the environment and expect for the space flight (which is cool) it us mostly just exploring and pressing x some

Still the concept of a micro-solar system is cool
Glad I'm not the only one then, it's one of those games that I just cant get to grips with and cannot understand why it gets so much praise.

But meh, if people loved it then fair play.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Outer Wilds isn't a favourite of mine but saying it's barely a game is just silly. It's one giant puzzle. Controls are fine. Sometimes I wonder if I am playing the same games as people.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Glad I'm not the only one then, it's one of those games that I just cant get to grips with and cannot understand why it gets so much praise.

But meh, if people loved it then fair play.

Count me in. The same goes for Prey. I've read about people being totally immersed in the world and story, gave it a try thanks to Game Pass, only to scratch my head thinking "wtf is so compelling in this game?".

Last edited:

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
So weird thing happened in playing and beating Metro. I learned about that there was a good and bad ending and that the only way to a good ending was to stop obliterating everyone and knock them out instead. About halfway through the game I changed play style and beat the 2nd half of the game without killing a human. There was something satisfying about beating areas without firing a bullet. Now I'm suddenly a fan of stealth games. About to give Hitman another go. Last time I played Hitman it didn't click because I was murdering everyone. Maybe now it will.

Nov 8, 2017
So weird thing happened in playing and beating Metro. I learned about that there was a good and bad ending and that the only way to a good ending was to stop obliterating everyone and knock them out instead. About halfway through the game I changed play style and beat the 2nd half of the game without killing a human. There was something satisfying about beating areas without firing a bullet. Now I'm suddenly a fan of stealth games. About to give Hitman another go. Last time I played Hitman it didn't click because I was murdering everyone. Maybe now it will.

Metro was pretty reasonable with Stealth gameplay tbh. Fairly forgiving. I got the good ending but had no idea there was such a thing as good/bad ending lol. I was just playing it how it felt right, and when they included mechanics for surrendering enemies and made it relatively easy to knock out a lot of them instead of killing them (or avoid totally) I decided to play that way.

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so I have PC Game Pass, and I just started playing the original Gears of War. I'm on Act 3, and I don't know, it's just kind of.....boring? The setting, characters, and gameplay are failing to grip me. After hearing so much praise for the series, I expected something more. Is it worth skipping to Gears 4 if I dislike the first one, or is it more of the same?

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Ok so I have PC Game Pass, and I just started playing the original Gears of War. I'm on Act 3, and I don't know, it's just kind of.....boring? The setting, characters, and gameplay are failing to grip me. After hearing so much praise for the series, I expected something more. Is it worth skipping to Gears 4 if I dislike the first one, or is it more of the same?

I liked 2 and 3 better than 4. For whatever reason, Gears didn't click with me back on the 360. Beyond the graphics, didn't hook me. For some reason that changed playing Gears 2 this gen on back compat. The key for me was turning up the difficulty. Normal difficulty is a bore. Too easy of a shooting gallery. Once it's challenging, much like Halo campaign, it's more fun.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Count me in. The same goes for Prey. I've read about people being totally immersed in the world and story, gave it a try thanks to Game Pass, only to scratch my head thinking "wtf is so compelling in this game?".
It was cool for a little bit but then the mechanics and gameplay just become uninteresting to me

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019

Hitman played as a shooter/action game is missing 99% of the game.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019

Welp, it's a game from 2006, but in my opinion has aged really well. Some time ago I went through Gears Ultimate and still had a ton of fun. The core gameplay is really satisfying, despite some elements feeling more or less outdated.

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Blazing Chrome freezes on my PC for like a second every couple of minutes. Anyone experiencing the same ? Bugs aside, game feels just alright IMO.

Munroe

May 17, 2019
Trying to run Metro Exodus on Gamepass PC and it keeps crashing after the intro videos :( Run it again and it'll ask to run in safe mode which does reach the menu fine but then the next time I run it, it'll crash again. Don't suppose anyone has any fix? Seems the issue existed in Steam but that was patched out, but seemingly that fix hasn't reached gamepass

Mth9

Jun 20, 2019
Trying to run Metro Exodus on Gamepass PC and it keeps crashing after the intro videos :( Run it again and it'll ask to run in safe mode which does reach the menu fine but then the next time I run it, it'll crash again. Don't suppose anyone has any fix? Seems the issue existed in Steam but that was patched out, but seemingly that fix hasn't reached gamepass
A fix that works for me is to disable Ansel via its dedicated exe : "NvCameraConfiguration.exe". No more crashings after the intros.

Anyone has any information about The Messenger new DLC "Picnic Panic" hitting the pc gamepass version ? It seems it's the only version (with Twitch) without it :(

Munroe

May 17, 2019
A fix that works for me is to disable Ansel via its dedicated exe : "NvCameraConfiguration.exe". No more crashings after the intros.

Anyone has any information about The Messenger new DLC "Picnic Panic" hitting the pc gamepass version ? It seems it's the only version (with Twitch) without it :(

Thanks, I'll give that a try

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018

Go and play Deus Ex and Dishonored now. :p

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
I got screwed by cdkeys , bought a 3 months code for game pass ultimate but it turned out it only works with first time subscribers. The thing is they didn't mention anything about this on the code page .
Anyway here's the code ( new subscribers only , won't work for current ones )
. JFXV9-C6MKC-HD9RH-6PFPY-D64FZ

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I got screwed by cdkeys , bought a 3 months code for game pass ultimate but it turned out it only works with first time subscribers. The thing is they didn't mention anything about this on the code page .

I thought MS themselves changed those codes to work on all accounts?

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Just make a new account, you can play gamepass games with your mainaccount.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania

July 17- Night Call (PC)

July 18- MGSV (XB1), Banner Saga 3 (XB1/PC)

July 25- For the King (PC), Killer Instinct Definitive Edition (XB1), RE4 (XB1)

Last edited:

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
First world problem

I don't like the console/pc/console+pc cover colors on the announcements. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.