• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USF

Oct 28, 2017
So i have an issue. I bought an xbox one s, from amazon uk, and it came with a 3 month gamepass ultimate code, but for some reason when i try to use the code it tells me its the wrong region?

I bought codes from the uk before to have ultimate on pc and they all worked fine, so im not quite sure whats going on.
Try redeeming it on desktop
if that doesn't work, mobile
if that doesn't work, xbox app
if all fail, vpn

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know what time Night Call gets added?
Night Call is available now via the AU store, but I'm not sure how region-specific this is. Pesky time zones.
Is Night Call on the Xbox (beta) app for anyone yet? I'm trying to download it off the store but it just keeps saying pending and giving me an error message.
Using the AU Store link from work I could set it to download on my home PC (which was turned on) a few hours ago, and coming back home it was downloaded and playable.

The French page still say I need a code though.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Try Xbox online chat support, they're very helpful and should just give you a code for your region if you send them the one not compatible with your country.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Unavowed still hasn't showed up on PC Game Pass, nor is there any real explanation from MS as to why.

I don't care much about that game specifically - point-and-clicks aren't really my thing - but it's very weird and a bit concerning that a game can be announced for the service, with a specific date attached, and just not show up.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone figured out how to add the Messenger DLC? I've added it to my PC library, but there's no install button.

picnicvejpb.png

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
Unavowed still hasn't showed up on PC Game Pass, nor is there any real explanation from MS as to why.

I don't care much about that game specifically - point-and-clicks aren't really my thing - but it's very weird and a bit concerning that a game can be announced for the service, with a specific date attached, and just not show up.

There were some technical difficulties in getting the game up on their system that prevented it from being launched in time. The tech problems were on their end, and they told me they'd deal with "the fallout", but thus far they haven't done much of anything. Assuming all goes well, it will go up on the 25th.

From their forums.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Played about an hour of Night Call. Kinda hard to know what to make of it. Good atmosphere and dialogue, but also not really sure where it's going or if the formula will become repetitive after another hour or two.

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
I can't access the Night Call page on the app, anybody has this problem ?

Yeah, I get the same "Sorry, Partner!" error screen every time I try to access the game page. I can find the game in the Windows 10 store and download it through there, but I'll just wait for it to start working in the app.

Mth9

Jun 20, 2019
Has anyone figured out how to add the Messenger DLC? I've added it to my PC library, but there's no install button.

picnicvejpb.png
Same, the store says I own the product but it doesn't seem to be installed. Since I already finished the game, I should be ready to go but there's nothing in the shop except telling to wait for the extension.

If you check The Messenger in the settings/apps/advanced options, there is no additional content linked to the application. If I remember correctly when I had Forza Horizon 4 installed, both the Formula Drift Cars and the DLCs were listed. So obviously there's something wrong here.

Last but not least the PS4 version got new trophies but zero achievement for the pc gamepass version.

Someone should tweet Devolver Digital or Sabotage Studios to tell them that pc gamepass owner can't play the new dlc.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Night Call is finally available here, time to start it

It really bothers me that recently added games still launch with no achievements.. like WTF!
I get it.. it's in Beta but it should be mandatory at some point to include the Xbox ecosystem.

That's the reason I only installed ~5 games until now, it's frustrating.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I'd really like to play Wandersong on Xbox Ultimate Game Pass but I don't have a PC. I've got a MacBook Pro. Is there any free way to virtually run a PC mode and play this game? I remember a decade ago I was able to do something like that on mi iBook.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I signed up for GamePass (PC) a few days ago, but so far have only been interested in indies (Guac 2, Timespinner, Wargroove, Blazing Chrome, Crosscode, arguably Hellblade).

I already own The Messenger, Oxenfree, Hollow Knight, Ori, Undertale, Banner Saga, SteamWorld Dig, Fez, Momodora, Rime, Hotline Miami, and a bunch of others on Steam/Twitch/Epic.

Is there anything else I should be looking at in the Metroidvania/platformer/action arena?

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying Operencia quite a lot. The writing and voice acting remains poor, but the game and mechanics around them work very well, even making me take a short break from my Messenger playthrough. It's nice to know Bard's Tale IV is coming to Game Pass soon, because I'm in the mood for more :)

Last edited:

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
I signed up for GamePass (PC) a few days ago, but so far have only been interested in indies (Guac 2, Timespinner, Wargroove, Blazing Chrome, Crosscode, arguably Hellblade).

I already own The Messenger, Oxenfree, Hollow Knight, Ori, Undertale, Banner Saga, SteamWorld Dig, Fez, Momodora, Rime, Hotline Miami, and a bunch of others on Steam/Twitch/Epic.

Is there anything else I should be looking at in the Metroidvania/platformer/action arena?
I thought Snake Pass was fun (3d 'platformer').

And there's Stealth Inc 2 but I haven't played that, don't know if it's good.

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads up that The Messenger received a 1.2 GB update today for the DLC. You might have to search for the DLC in the app and add it to your account first before it installs. DLC is accessed through the orb in the shop (I think you need to have beaten the final boss first).

Mth9

Jun 20, 2019
Just a heads up that The Messenger received a 1.2 GB update today for the DLC. You might have to search for the DLC in the app and add it to your account first before it installs. DLC is accessed through the orb in the shop (I think you need to have beaten the final boss first).
Finally ! The new updated version 2.0.3.0 from 1.0.7.0 works fine with the new DLC and cherry on top it adds new achievements :)

Oct 25, 2017
Other GP Ultimate users: are you having any issues with downloading the Gears 5 Tech Test for this weekend on PC? I can get it fine on console, but not PC. It says I'm not a GPU member, just GP - but I checked my acct. The accts are the same. Just curious if its a big issue for others.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
emag I'll gladly second the recommendation for Snake Pass, it's a wonderful game if the controls end up clicking for you. Took me some hours to get the hang of it, it has a steep learning curve, but I absolutely loved it once it did click for me.

If Lucky's Tale is on PC, I enjoyed that a lot also as a more traditional kinda Crash mixed with Banjo 3D platformer, not super tough but sufficiently challenging to 100%. The DLC is great, too, and the second one in particular offers a lot of challenge (though it wasn't free, at least not on console Game Pass). The main game isn't really tough but it is a fun and an endearing and creative return to 3D mascot platformers.

Also, not sure if Hue is on PC Game Pass, but that is a seriously fun and creative 2D puzzle platformer with an emphasis on puzzles, kinda reminded me of BoxBoy!! if you've played that.

And, I don't think you mentioned Wandersong, I haven't played it but that's a 2d adventure-y game I've seen a lot of praise for around these parts and would really like to play sometime. It's on PC Game Pass but not Console Game Pass.

Last edited:

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing Vampyr for the last few weeks, refused to launch today. Reinstalled it, got an error code at the end of the download. Rebooted the PC, game now launched properly, except now the save file has been deleted. I wonder why I never fucking bothered dealing with this piece of shit store.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Not really feeling Night Call. Just finished the first case and it's very repetitive. There's no nuance to the mystery solving either, which is a shame.

strang

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing Vampyr for the last few weeks, refused to launch today. Reinstalled it, got an error code at the end of the download. Rebooted the PC, game now launched properly, except now the save file has been deleted. I wonder why I never fucking bothered dealing with this piece of shit store.

Had a very similar problem. When I hit "Play" nothing happened. I uninstalled and when I try to re-install I get an error at the start of the download. This is after giving up on Metro Exodus because I can't get past the intro movie without crashing. Truly a terrible product from Microsoft.

strang

Oct 27, 2017
Just sounds like one of the reasons I bailed on PC gaming. That and the cost.

PC gaming is fine for the most part (granted it's expensive). This is just many poor decisions on Microsoft's part. Literally every other PC storefront can at least install and launch games. That's not even getting into the fact that the Xbox app installs games into a protected folder that can't be edited without going through convoluted security settings that didn't even work for me...

On another note I now can't even install any games in the Xbox app.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, I just finished Quantum Break on console gamepass. Better late than never. I am missing just a bunch of secret achievements that I guess are all related to different decisions. The thing is, do they only change mostly the show episodes and some npc/conversations? Or do they mess with the ending/villain/final boss too?

I was thinking of just replaying the junctions and watching the new episodes versions but I don't know if that works or is coherent enough without playing anything.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I don't suppose anybody knows if it's possible to redeem a Game Pass trial code against an existing Game Pas Ultimate sub if you've previously purchased a trial on the WinStore directly?

Last edited:

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I am having a total blast playing Dead Rising 4 on my Xbox One X! I had never played the series before and had pretty much ignored this one based on tepid reviews, but man it is just flat out fun. Xbox Game Pass has really made me just enjoy gaming in general more I think by being able and willing to play games in different genres or ones that I had skipped for whatever reason. It really is awesome.

Tried Dead Rising 4 yesterday because of your post. I didn't play any of the older ones in the franchise, either.

It's really fun! Thanks for the suggestion

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Try Dead Rising 3, IMO the best game in the series. The only drawback is that the game runs in 720p and looks like utter shit on 4K TVs.

Rossonero

Nov 6, 2017
Hitman is leaving GP soon so I thought it was time to try it out and boy am I glad I did. Such a great game.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
MS needs to stop. I have too many damn games. How am I supposed to play all this stuff?

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Just focus on the most interesting stuff and don't give a fuck about achievements. Works for me.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
All this love for Dead Rising 4 by people who never played the previous entries (which is totally fine!) makes Capcom marketing the game as a return to form and made "for the hardcore fans" still hilarious years later.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Outer Wilds and what an experience. If it wasn't for the frustrating controls this would have been easily a GOTG contender. The sense of exploration is something I didn't experience in a game in a long time and the open world where every location is dependent on an another to answer its mystery is like a euphoria you get over and over again.

Seriously can't recommend the game enough. It may take you 15 hours on average to get everything in the game but it's completely worth it.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
^was thinking of trying it out based on all I've heard. How does it perform on an OG Xbox one though?

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
All this love for Dead Rising 4 by people who never played the previous entries (which is totally fine!) makes Capcom marketing the game as a return to form and made "for the hardcore fans" still hilarious years later.

It has also made people like me interested in any possible future games when I would not have cared before.

lilojigsaw

Chicken Chaser
Mar 1, 2018
I'd really like to play Wandersong on Xbox Ultimate Game Pass but I don't have a PC. I've got a MacBook Pro. Is there any free way to virtually run a PC mode and play this game? I remember a decade ago I was able to do something like that on mi iBook.

Download windows 10 from Microsoft for free (non activated). Use this to bootcamp your macbook and leave it not activated if you do not have the money to activate. Should work

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Enjoying Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Don't mind less combat as that was never the series strong point. But damn is the story stupid. Too bad the A team didn't close out the trilogy.

Zeeman

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I've still been unable to download Night Call, I've been getting an error even though I'm launching the app as an administrator. I restarted my computer as well. Are there other fixes for this issue, that all worked for me when I initially downloaded the app, but now I'm having trouble again.

Status
Not open for further replies.