• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sQr

Jun 28, 2019
One more shout-out to Slay the Spire! It's freaking amazing! Addictive gameplay loop, deep mechanics, lots of content.

[ I plan to purchase on the Switch too after that... ]

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
I have Alien Homind, Battleblock and Manuel Samuel downloaded, so I guess now is the time to play through them.

Also I'll add onto the praise for both Hue and Yoku. Well worth checking out each of them. And Episode 3 of Life is Strange 2 is the best one yet, imo. Excited for 4 next week

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I have Alien Homind, Battleblock and Manuel Samuel downloaded, so I guess now is the time to play through them.

Also I'll add onto the praise for both Hue and Yoku. Well worth checking out each of them. And Episode 3 of Life is Strange 2 is the best one yet, imo. Excited for 4 next week
Manuel Samuel is an interesting little game in tone and mechanics. I think anyone would appreciate an hour of it. Some might not make it much further, but it's a nice palette cleanser between bigger games.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
noooo not hue
the best game to get the id@xbox cheevo quests

Seriously though only sad for garou. But anyone sane already own a copy of it anyway. Right? RIGHT?

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One more shout-out to Slay the Spire! It's freaking amazing! Addictive gameplay loop, deep mechanics, lots of content.

[ I plan to purchase on the Switch too after that... ]

... why do people like this?

I played 1 hour and find it to be a really boring game that is obviously made in Ms Paint

Seriously what is good here? I dont enjoy card stuff but this seems bad even for the genre

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019

I beat this game and it's incredible. The funny narrator is the best part and the shtick is funny for about 1-2 hours before the gameplay becomes tedious. I fully agree with whoever said you might get tired of it. The tedium is very real

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Life is Strange Episode 3 seems available already for me (UK)

50bUSsv.png

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
could be worse pal.

could be Kentucky Route Zero
Well, it always could be worse, it could be Blues and Bullets, where remaining episodes are (probably) MIA.

I don't mind paying £7 an episode for 3 months heads up though. I've enjoyed the game and will be buying episode 4 this month.
Well as far as I know, you cannot do that, you can buy the first episode and then there is Season Pass and that's it. You cannot buy episodes on itself, just in bundle 2-5.

dorikyasu

Oct 27, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
I've been enjoying Timespinner on X1, but found an interesting issue.
It's the only game that asks for permission to access your Microsoft account upon start up. Initially I allowed it, but changed my mind a few days later and revoked access (via MS account security page) and have been declining access each time I start up the game.
Now I'm pretty close to the ending, but have not unlocked any further achievements other than a few I unlocked during the time it had access to my MS account. And from what I looked up from the achievement list, I definitely did qualify for ones that haven't been unlocked.
I guess it needed access to the account to grant achievements, but makes me wonder why this is the only game specifically asks for permission from the user.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I've been enjoying Timespinner on X1, but found an interesting issue.
It's the only game that asks for permission to access your Microsoft account upon start up. Initially I allowed it, but changed my mind a few days later and revoked access (via MS account security page) and have been declining access each time I start up the game.
Now I'm pretty close to the ending, but have not unlocked any further achievements other than a few I unlocked during the time it had access to my MS account. And from what I looked up from the achievement list, I definitely did qualify for ones that haven't been unlocked.
I guess it needed access to the account to grant achievements, but makes me wonder why this is the only game specifically asks for permission from the user.

I know you said X1 specifically, but every game on PC gamepass that I've loaded up has asked permission.

It might have been because it was on PC gamepass first?

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017

I played 1 hour and find it to be a really boring game that is obviously made in Ms Paint

Seriously what is good here? I dont enjoy card stuff but this seems bad even for the genre

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I'm not a huge card game guy (think the last one I played at all was Hearthstone when it first came out), but I definitely enjoy tackling the randomized "alright, what can you pull off with what you've got" sort of improvisation found in rogue-lites. So with Slay the Spire specifically, it comes down to the enjoyment of trying to strategize and build your deck out in certain ways based on what cards/relics you're getting during a run. Fun to stumble into weird card synergies you weren't expecting.

As for the art, I disagree, though I was reading around a little and it does seem to be a somewhat common complaint. Personally, I think the painterly aesthetic of the backgrounds/characters suits the game's vibe really well, but to each his own.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I'm relieved to learn that I'm not the only one who didn't really gel with Wolfenstein TNC after loving the first one.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so Yoku's is brilliant in my opinion. I am totally hooked now, highly recommend checking this one out!

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
It's so good, right? I think it was #6 or 7 on my GOTY list last year. Glad more people are getting to check it out.

The design is so amazing IMO, and the music is great too. These are the types of games that make me really love Xbox Game Pass, not just Gears 5 and such even though I am excited to play it too.

nofriendo

Jun 4, 2019

I think you might be answering your own question. I am loving it so far but can definitely see its not for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.