• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Game Pass is such a ridiculous value.

I already own DMC5, but it'll be nice to have the digital version for a while. Disc swapping is a bit of a pain.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have Stellaris on PC yet have already put more time into it on console. I think it being 4X means I am normally playing Grand Strat on PC, not 4X, thus meaning on console it's more... my thing. I don't really get why my brain works this way, but it does.

I haven't played a 4X game in years (and years!).. I think maybe Galactic Civilization II on PC? So there was a bit of a learning curve.. but the tutorial mostly did a good job, and I set things to pretty peaceful I think, so I didn't get destroyed right away.

My biggest problem was all my scientists dying from old age lol. Took me a while to figure out the right way to expand and explore and all that.

That being said, even just screwing around in the game was enjoyable so far. Can't wait to get into a really big battle and stuff. Probably need to just restart a new game and do the right things from the beginning.

Game Pass is such a ridiculous value.

I already own DMC5, but it'll be nice to have the digital version for a while. Disc swapping is a bit of a pain.

I literally had $40 in Microsoft money that was expiring and I couldn't find a game I wanted to buy, because they're all included with Gamepass. I bought some Xbox Gear instead lol

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played a 4X game in years (and years!).. I think maybe Galactic Civilization II on PC? So there was a bit of a learning curve.. but the tutorial mostly did a good job, and I set things to pretty peaceful I think, so I didn't get destroyed right away.

My biggest problem was all my scientists dying from old age lol. Took me a while to figure out the right way to expand and explore and all that.

That being said, even just screwing around in the game was enjoyable so far. Can't wait to get into a really big battle and stuff. Probably need to just restart a new game and do the right things from the beginning.
If your scientists are synthetic they never have to die...

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if im being stupid, but I can't find Devil May Cry 5 on Gamepass?
Hmm, you're not looking for it on PC are you? I think it's only on Game Pass for Console.

If not, did you already have the game installed from a disc, perhaps? You won't have to download it and install it again and you should see it in the Game Pass tab under "installed."

Hurting Bomb

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, you're not looking for it on PC are you? I think it's only on Game Pass for Console.

If not, did you already have the game installed from a disc, perhaps? You won't have to download it and install it again and you should see it in the Game Pass tab under "installed."
Got it through the store instead.
Thanks for you help!

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
I don't normally bother with Boss Rush type modes, but I enjoyed Blazing Chrome so much that I did for once. Just beat it there - tough but fair.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man, you guys weren't kidding about Slay the Spire. That gameplay loop is addictive. It also moves at such a nice pace that it's very easy to do one more battle, then just one more, then might as well churn out one more, then you might as well beat the boss since you're so close anyway, then you gotta try out that new card you got.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Leaving Gamepass "soon" :

Next Up Hero
Shadow Complex
Zombie Army Trilogy
Ultimate MvC 3
Devil May Cry 4 SE
Dead Island

Nothing I am personally concerned about leaving, I've played everything I want to play.

I've just noticed out of these games that were supposed to be leaving in June, Dead Island Definitive Edition is still playable.
I was going through my hard drives to see what I should delete and this one still worked.
Xbox btw.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
So bandwidth caps suck; is there any way to transfer a game on the PC to a new PC instead of having to redownload it again? I'm building a new PC and would like to just move the games over somehow. Is it as easy as it is on Steam?

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I seem to be having bad luck with Gamepass games and game-breaking glitches. I hit the infamous Hellblade glitch that makes the game unable to be finished
Where you fall into the hole late in the game without a lit torch and can't light any of them
and now playing Yoku's Island Express
I can't get up Ivory Peaks because the bridge was repaired and then disappeared with the nearby person saying that he needs a toolbox to fix it again.

Oh well, at least there are plenty of other games!

Qrusher14242

Oct 29, 2017
So i had to create a new profile in W10 and am trying to figure out how to get my savegames to work. The app doesn't seem to act like Steam where it can detect if a game is installed. If i redownload, lets say Dead Rising 4, how do i get my savegame back?

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I seem to be having bad luck with Gamepass games and game-breaking glitches. I hit the infamous Hellblade glitch that makes the game unable to be finished
Where you fall into the hole late in the game without a lit torch and can't light any of them
and now playing Yoku's Island Express
I can't get up Ivory Peaks because the bridge was repaired and then disappeared with the nearby person saying that he needs a toolbox to fix it again.

Oh well, at least there are plenty of other games!

There seems to be a few areas you can get stuck in Yoku's Island Express - I managed it near where you pick up the slug hoover.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
I did the trick yesterday with Gold and Gamepass (120 bucks for 3 years worth of of ultimate, seems good). But how does it work exactly? For instance, if I download Gears 5 when it shows up on Gamepass is it gonna be always available to me or will it rotate out at one point? What about DLC etc.?

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I did the trick yesterday with Gold and Gamepass (120 bucks for 3 years worth of of ultimate, seems good). But how does it work exactly? For instance, if I download Gears 5 when it shows up on Gamepass is it gonna be always available to me or will it rotate out at one point? What about DLC etc.?

As a first party game, it is highly unlikely that Gears 5 will ever rotate out.
DLC will have to be purchased separately

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Games leave the service, yes. I don't think games from Microsoft Studios do though.

DLCs are normally not included, unless they add some sort of "ultimate" edition with all of them included. Forza Horizon 4 is the base game "only" for example, but you can buy the DLCs and use them with the game pass title.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gamepass is delivering in spades, Slay the Spire, Stellaris, I may never need to buy another game again.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I've just noticed out of these games that were supposed to be leaving in June, Dead Island Definitive Edition is still playable.
I was going through my hard drives to see what I should delete and this one still worked.
Xbox btw.
Sometimes games get silently readded. Maybe this was restored.

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
I am getting addicted to Forza Horizon 4 via Gamepass. Really didn't expect this to happen. There is no way I can play the Lego expansion without buying the game though, is there?

Hubi

Nov 13, 2017
The Expansion is a seperate buy and works with the GamePass Base game. That's how I run it.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wish I could do shadow clone jutsu to play all these games lol

one at work, as I play, and others on my other systems lol

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Hi guys, I'm thinking about changing my account region to be able to access 360 games from gold free a games because you must have a credit card (which is dumb) to access those free games.

So my question is, what will happen to my ultimate subscription when I change region ? Will it end or what will happen ? I'm changing from US to Sweden where I live

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on a 1Gbps/100Gbps connection and the Xbox app on Windows is downloading at about 5mb/s

Is there anything to be done about this? I saw something about delivery optimization in Windows but it didn't say what you should actually do

Edit: Found the setting they were talking about (Delivery optimization - check the first 2 settings and raise the bar to 100) but it didn't do anything.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After being a huge fan of Xbox 360 and buying a launch Xbox one, Microsoft lost my support between forcing me to purchase a Kinect and then abandoning support, and the completely broken launch of master chief collection.

However, game pass has completely brought me back. I'm a huge fan of PS4, but if I only had to buy one next gen console it will be the new Xbox, solely due to game pass.

Without buying anything but the console, I know that day 1 I'll be able to play their flagship game, Halo Infinite, and probably a few other launch games. It makes it even better than by being a member of Microsoft rewards, I can constantly afford game pass ultimate without spending a cent.

I really appreciate what they're doing now and I say this as someone who felt completely burned by Microsoft at the start of the gen. Just in the past week I've been playing Ruiner and Shadow Tactics. Two amazing games that I probably would not have checked out without game pass.

And even excluding all the amazing indie games and other games, just having Gears 5 ultimate at launch covers the cost of game pass by saving me from buying Gears 5. And I wouldn't have even got early access if I bought the normal edition, but I do with game pass.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
After being a huge fan of Xbox 360 and buying a launch Xbox one, Microsoft lost my support between forcing me to purchase a Kinect and then abandoning support, and the completely broken launch of master chief collection.

However, game pass has completely brought me back. I'm a huge fan of PS4, but if I only had to buy one next gen console it will be the new Xbox, solely due to game pass.

Without buying anything but the console, I know that day 1 I'll be able to play their flagship game, Halo Infinite, and probably a few other launch games. It makes it even better than by being a member of Microsoft rewards, I can constantly afford game pass ultimate without spending a cent.

I really appreciate what they're doing now and I say this as someone who felt completely burned by Microsoft at the start of the gen. Just in the past week I've been playing Ruiner and Shadow Tactics. Two amazing games that I probably would not have checked out without game pass.

And even excluding all the amazing indie games and other games, just having Gears 5 ultimate at launch covers the cost of game pass by saving me from buying Gears 5. And I wouldn't have even got early access if I bought the normal edition, but I do with game pass.

+1 for sure! I really love my Xbox One X and expect that Project Scarlett will be an awesome console for next generation, but Game Pass is in many ways what has me most excited for what Xbox is doing going into next generation. They have literally broadened my gaming interests with this service, which is really cool.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
+1 for sure! I really love my Xbox One X and expect that Project Scarlett will be an awesome console for next generation, but Game Pass is in many ways what has me most excited for what Xbox is doing going into next generation. They have literally broadened my gaming interests with this service, which is really cool.
DMCV is probably my favorite game of the year and I'd never have played it w/o game pass

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
DMCV is probably my favorite game of the year and I'd never have played it w/o game pass

QuarrelsomeDependableFairyfly-max-1mb.gif

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Yeah, with 2 years of gamepass ultimate already paid for ahead of me I can see myself jumping in day one when Scarlett launches

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Same. Good till February 2022.

So many games, so little time though.

I was an idiot because I bought 3 years of live gold for cheap to convert, but forgot to uncheck the auto renewal option when entering the codes, which gave me a couple extra months for free. Because of those I couldn't redeem the third code since I would exceed the 36 months limit :(
Oh well, still got 26 months of gpu for like 70$

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was an idiot because I bought 3 years of live gold for cheap to convert, but forgot to uncheck the auto renewal option when entering the codes, which gave me a couple extra months for free. Because of those I couldn't redeem the third code since I would exceed the 36 months limit :(
Lucky! I'm like 7 months short of the 36 month limit. Gamepass is a blessing.

Nov 8, 2017
So the upgrade for $1 that converts 1:1 is still going??

I'm already booked through to 2022 but a friend might want to jump on if so.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow Kingdom come Deliverance got added? That was high up there on my 'want to plat' list.

Both Xbox and PC but it's not play anywhere so I assume progress / saves are not shared between platforms?

I guess I I'll find out when I get home, I love that I can download the game to the xbox from the mobile app.

Vlodril

Dec 18, 2017
Is there any timetable on when we are going to get the same games day and date on pc? I keep seeing this announcements and go to check for games but nothing in the pc version. Same goes for some older titles of course. When is parity happening (if it is happening)?

Biw

Oct 28, 2017
Dude.. I did the exact same thing lol. I was so pissed at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.