• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Yeah, but.

I checked the File Info and it said "X1XE:False." And the patch is listed as "in development," but the product listing has it at 4K, so I don't know.

If the file says "False" then it isn't enhanced yet. Too bad.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really happy Bloodstained is also on PC, but goddamn it, why no achievements? They really have to stop this crap.

Scottish Sin

Chicken Chaser
Nov 12, 2017
Scotland
The 10000 gamerscore for 10000 reward points quest is live. Eligible games are:

Ashes Cricket
Devil May Cry 5
Stellaris: Console edition
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Yoku's Island Express
Blair Witch
Bard's Tale IV
Worms WMD
Dead Rising 4
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Minecraft
Forza Horizon 4
Dead by Daylight
Lego City Undercover
Mortal Kombat X
Just Cause 4
Sea of Theives
PES 2019
Metro Exodus
Halo: Master Chief Collection

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to see update history or if a game has been updated from the store or Xbox app or really anywhere on PC?

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
Wow. That games list is a far cry from all games in game pass, which I could have sworn Microsoft themselves said would be the case.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodstained is pretty good but I hate close to everything about its presentation. It's just not attractive both on a technical level as well as with its art direction.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I beat The Turing Test and during the ending scene
where your character is trying to turn off the AI
the game glitched and crashed to the home screen. I took that as the real ending and deleted the game.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I was hoping the Director's Cut had fixed many issues for BTIV? I've read pretty positive reviews. I played Operencia at home with Play Anywhere, it was nice but I think I would like to dip into one of gaming's more defining franchises. If you say Operencia is worth it even more, I might just have to play both at some point ;)

I dunno if Oprencia is better than The Bard's Tale 4 DR, since I didn't actually play much of BT. Operencia is pretty decent, as long as you don't play for writing or voice acting, which is very poor. BT seemed like a somewhat charming world, even if it was quite static, due to the singing, but again, I played practically nothing of it, since it kept crashing on PC. Maybe the Xbox version is better?

Well, I think the patch actually fixed xbox live integration since achievements weren't unlocking before so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just hope wiping saves with updates doesn't become a Gamepass trend.

I doubt it. Developers know how important that is. It was probably just an unfortunate bug.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jump Force is very rough. Frequently drops below 15fps even on the X, the animations are choppy as hell and there's not a lot of them (all characters have the same face all the time basically, their mouth moves and that's about it), the realistic scenarios kinda clash with the look they went for with the characters, the gameplay is just not particularly good considering that half the time you're spamming these long-ass auto-animated attacks and the rest of the brawling is heavily hampered by the framerate, and the whole thing just feels... cheap? Invisible walls, empty areas, the hub seems put together in half an hour (although the individual areas based on Dragon Ball, Naruto and One Piece are actually cool), a lack of polish on the most basic things like moving around in a vehicle. Even the menus are a bit clunky, with the emote wheel in particular not always taking your input.

I appreciate what the game is going for and I will play it a bit more surely but I understand why the game didn't get much praise when it launched. It's just surprisingly unpolished and weak in many areas, which is a shame because otherwise the game has tons of well-intentioned fan service. Being able to use both sides of the Fusion technique from Dragon Ball Z, or do a mish-mash of attacks from various Jump mangas for your OC, or have Naruto fight alongside Goku against Frieza's goons is a cool experience, but this game definitely needed more time in the oven.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017

Ashes Cricket
Devil May Cry 5
Yoku's Island Express
Blair Witch
Bard's Tale IV
Worms WMD
Dead Rising 4
Minecraft
Forza Horizon 4
Dead by Daylight
Lego City Undercover
Mortal Kombat X
Just Cause 4
Sea of Theives
PES 2019
Metro Exodus
Well that's disappointing.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Ashes Cricket
Devil May Cry 5
Yoku's Island Express
Blair Witch
Bard's Tale IV
Worms WMD
Dead Rising 4
Minecraft
Forza Horizon 4
Dead by Daylight
Lego City Undercover
Mortal Kombat X
Just Cause 4
Sea of Theives
PES 2019
Metro Exodus
Katana_Strikes yeah I was bit down on it too. I had read up on a few games so had a list to get 5/6k of GS relatively easily... but these games make it harder.

Yoku's island is a great game, and I already have 1k in it, but it's not that quick to complete.

Ashes cricket looks like it has plenty of "cheesable" achievements where you can use a second controller to get a lot of them...but a bit of a faff to go through and doesn't look like much fun.

To top it off - I have completed an achievement for Devil may cry and it hasn't tracked in the totals (im still at 0/500).

I might just sack this challenge off, or use it as an excuse to play through MCC campaigns on local co-op with my kids...

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I have found the XBOX PC app descriptions to be inaccurate a lot of the time.

This page appears to be up to date. A good question is whether the games with separate achievement lists (such as Dead Rising 4) count toward the quest.

Full List of PC Game Pass Games

Full list of PC Game Pass games. Find all the guides and achievement lists for PC Game Pass games here.

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
ugh, that sucks, probably to do with EGS exclusivity. I thought it had previously been confirmed for Game Pass PC but can't seem to find it
Yeah, I just breezed through the E3 conference and it was simply in the indie section of Game Pass announcements, with Game Pass PC being announced several minutes later. However, several games of that reel have launched day 1 on console and PC (Blazing Chrome, Night Call, Creature in the Well), so who knows.

(jump to 29:49)

What was the loophole that allowed Metro Exodus to appear on XGP PC? Hoipefully something similar is in place for Afterparty, I really enjoyed Oxenfree...

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Was anybody else aware that Ninja Gaiden Black is leaving Game Pass?
I just noticed it came up on the "leaving soon" section of the store, along with Shantae (Half Genie Hero). I was relying on GP to even get access to Ninja Gaiden, as it was otherwise unavailable in Australia, but it let me buy it just now through the console so I guess it's here now.

Just a heads up in case, I didn't see mention of it in the past 2 pages.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Dead cell proves it's worth again. Dead cell another game that I had zero interest in. Just doesn't look like my kind of game even after watching others play it. Decided to give it a go. Now I get it and like the game a lot.

Same happened with Edith finch, moonlighter, and a couple others.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How long do you have to play Jump Force to unlock Yugi/the Pharaoh/whatever he's called? I have absolutely no interest in any of the other anime that are represented in this game and just want to play as him for a bit, so I'm disappointed that he's not there when I scrolled through the character select when you first enter the base/HQ area.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Gosh Blair Witch is rough. And finding the dog can be a nightmare. I think it had potential but it's not for me.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I just noticed it came up on the "leaving soon" section of the store, along with Shantae (Half Genie Hero). I was relying on GP to even get access to Ninja Gaiden, as it was otherwise unavailable in Australia, but it let me buy it just now through the console so I guess it's here now.

I tried the first two hours of Ninja Gaiden Black. It's brutal but worth it. Will buy and play it later :)

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Finished Gears 5 yesterday, that was a fun ride.

I also found the reason for the visual artifacts in some games like Kingdom Comes... I thought it's the engine/game. But it was my stupid TV that somehow reset itself to the "smooth everything" mode from 2011... and it caused the glitches.
I think Kingdom Come is next, and some indies with it lol

Oct 28, 2017
Xbox's streaming service really cant get here soon enough. So often I'll browse the Gamepass selection seeing what I want to try then being like, eh I kinda wanna try that but I aint downloading it. I'd be so much more tempted to try things if I could stream them.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for this. I'm in the same boat as you, having to switch my console to the US just to get access to NGB at all since it wasn't on the AU store. Seems like it is indeed up there now, though, for $14.95, so I'll probably buy it outright.

...or at least wait for it to go on sale :P

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019

20% off while in game pass. I've beat it but when ahead and picked it up.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
ffs how can the final Ashen boss be such bullshit. First of all, arriving is a chore and running past enemies on the way is not safe at all. Then, the starting position seems to make it difficult to find a coop partner, but I doubt I would even find anyway. I'm using the npc coop which isn't bad really but it's not enough for the second phase. Plus I don't know if there's anymore after that but that phase destroys me in a couple hits even with what seems the best equipment, and it's ultra fast.

To continue the rant, the darker dungeons seemed like the worse areas along with the thinnest part of the map and the final area which totally sucks.

This will leave a bittersweet memory of the game and it's a shame, because otherwise I've been loving it mostly.

I don't know if I'm up to finishing that shit lol.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
When I started playing Blair Witch on PC I got the authentication prompts and got confirmation...but no achievements popped while I played, so no idea what's going on there.😕

edit: nuts, I restarted the game and now achievements are popping but not retroactively, so it probably is not counting collectibles I already found or events that I already passed.

Last edited:

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
When I started playing Blair Witch on PC I got the authentication prompts and got confirmation...but no achievements popped while I played, so no idea what's going on there.😕

edit: nuts, I restarted the game and now achievements are popping but not retroactively, so it probably is not counting collectibles I already found or events that I already passed.
Do you know if the game was updated since the day when you played and achievements weren't unlocking?

Also someone in TA said you needed to run the game as administrator for achievements to work..

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
Alright folks, here are some games I have yet to try. Any recommendations? I'm a big RPG player, I like platformers, deep narrative experiences and creativity. Have played many shooters recently though so I'm maybe up for something else.

Those are on my list: Vampyr, Metro Exodus, Devil May Cry 5, Life is Strange 2 (once the whole season releases), We Happy Few, Wolfenstein 1, Wolfenstein 2, The Bard's Tale IV (maybe choosing it over Operencia), The Surge, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Shenmue 1+2, Middle Earth games, Dead Cells, Mutant Year Zero, Outer Wilds, Banner Saga 3, Bloostained, Moonlighter, Void Bastards, Yoku's Islands Express, The Garden's Between, The Flame in the Glood, Observer, Below, Tacoma, For the King, Guacamelee, Lego City Undercover.

Most of these titles I'd put above my leftover backlog, so I'll happily take recommendations!

I also need to continue with Ashen and Hollow Knight, I want to try out Monster Hunter World, continue with ESO, and play some more Cities Skylines and Stellaris on consoles just to test it...
Play Ori too

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know if the game was updated since the day when you played and achievements weren't unlocking?

Also someone in TA said you needed to run the game as administrator for achievements to work..

Same day. I booted up the game, played for about 45 mins and then noticed some achievements I definitely should have gotten. Booted the game back up and played a little, triggering some achievements (like petting the dog).

I guess I could start the game again, probably wouldn't take long to get back to where I am.

I wouldn't care but I'd like the 500 reward points.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
ffs how can the final Ashen boss be such bullshit. First of all, arriving is a chore and running past enemies on the way is not safe at all. Then, the starting position seems to make it difficult to find a coop partner, but I doubt I would even find anyway. I'm using the npc coop which isn't bad really but it's not enough for the second phase. Plus I don't know if there's anymore after that but that phase destroys me in a couple hits even with what seems the best equipment, and it's ultra fast.

To continue the rant, the darker dungeons seemed like the worse areas along with the thinnest part of the map and the final area which totally sucks.

This will leave a bittersweet memory of the game and it's a shame, because otherwise I've been loving it mostly.

I don't know if I'm up to finishing that shit lol.

I happily quit Ashen on that final boss, it's just not worth the effort. Everything up to it is quality, though.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
How long do you have to play Jump Force to unlock Yugi/the Pharaoh/whatever he's called? I have absolutely no interest in any of the other anime that are represented in this game and just want to play as him for a bit, so I'm disappointed that he's not there when I scrolled through the character select when you first enter the base/HQ area.
I love naruto but I didn't like the way he was represented in this piece. I want a naruto rpg bad

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Just played about an hour of Dead Cells and man. Very cool, incredibly competently made roguelike Metroidvania. I hesitated to purchase it when it came out, especially since I had just played Hollow Knight when it came out, but Dead Cells is an absolute steal as a Game Pass title.

I'm also currently downloading Jump Force and Bloodstained. Really feeling that value!

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Just discovered Yoku's Island Express thanks to Game Pass

I love it...really special game

Came here to say the same thing. What a creative, beautiful, well-crafted gem! I certainly would have laughed if you told me a few months ago that two of my favorite genres (metroidvania and pinball) were going to get a high-quality mashup. I also love the hint of creepiness under the tropical island theme.

Anyone know any background on the studio or any other projects they've done?

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So, uh, Bloodstained has some issues on Xbox huh?

So far I've had Miriam missing from the visual-novel-style sections, whole words missing from the text (randomly, just a word missing from a sentence, the audio was fine though so I could tell what they were trying to say) and - worst of all - crashes to dashboard :( I've had 2 crashes so far, the last one was after traversing well into the castle on my way to a new area. I just stopped playing after that crash, not sure how much I lost, I'm going to wait a few days before picking it up again.

Also had this too:
ehUmQHC.png

Looking good, Miriam

Status
Not open for further replies.