• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Yooka-Laylee seems interesting after giving it a try, but the game looks pretty bad on a big 4K TV.

Last edited:

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
I feel like they just keep dropping games. GamePass is like the best thing ever. It totall sold me on my One X. Here's hoping they keep up the great support.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
excited to try out WWZ after work. I'll poke my head back in here if anyone wants to play who's on the east coast!
I just played a chapter solo and had a good time, but it clearly needs to be played with others. At one point I needed to collect and deliver 4 supply crates. Even though they were stored in pairs, the AI won't pick them up. I had to run back and forth in the middle of a horde that triggered when I made the first delivery. Not impossible by any means, but not ideal.

The game itself seems like it would be a blast. I always like to play medic, and it's a solid class here. I just need to figure out how to use the stim pistol on teammates. Graphics and performance are great on the X. It's 30 fps, but rock solid. Looks like 4k to me. No HDR.

I'm on the east coast and would down to do some co-op with a fellow Metal Gear fan. I'll be on around later in the evening. My gamer tag is Jbourne37 if you want to play.

deanna_beanna

Prophet of Truth
May 19, 2019
Question, is it possible to buy the one month of Ultimate for $1, use it up and then still have the offer for regular game pass 3 months for $10?

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Yooka-Laylee seems interesting after giving it a try, but the game looks pretty bad on a big 4K TV.

Critically it actually did decently, but amongst users on some forums it's a very underrated game IMO. It captures most elements of the collectathon platformer and is a better game than Banjo-Tooie, even if it might not be quite as good as the original BK.

The new sequel is also really good, though a completely different game.

Last edited:

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
My first impressions of Yooka Laylee aren't great. WWZ seems pretty good, it's pretty much a Left 4 Dead sequel.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Man Jump Force is garbage. The campaign is one of the worst thing I ever played in my life, totally useless and boring. I reached chapter 4 but I'll end it up here.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Man Jump Force is garbage. The campaign is one of the worst thing I ever played in my life, totally useless and boring. I reached chapter 4 but I'll end it up here.
I dl it to try and get 1 achievement for the microsoft monthly reward and could not do it.

how did they fuck up an IP like this?

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'll just say Bad North lives up to its name, and not the "North" part.
It feels like a needlessly punishing, single player Clash Royale. I was hoping for something a little more strategic and less just cheap.

eh, i had fun with itm, set to easy and beat a campaign. that's all i really wanted out of it from game pass though. actually had a blast playing it that way, but yeah it's no ftl. archers are fun tohugh

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Hey how do i change the sync option for downloading games from the app? They aren't installing remotely now (changed my standard 1X to Gears 5 edt)

Alive2007

Aug 21, 2019
World War Z coming to Game Pass is great! Please try the game! I had lots of fun playing online and solo on the PC version.

wvan13

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing DMC5 with game pass and it exceeded my expectations, it's almost at the level of fun I had with DmC (2013).

Only in mission 6/20 but having a ton of fun. And I'm not missing the puzzles from previous games, hopefully it continues that way.
The game is pretty light on puzzles, from what I remember, so you're in luck there. And if you're only on 6 out of 20 and it exceeded your expectations, just wait.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
my friend and I tried world war z last night. Barely worked for co op, and what little we did play was pretty boring. Most of the time right when we were loading into the game, he would get kicked from the lobby.

Last edited:

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
WWZ is pretty fun pick up and play sort of game. The characters and backgrounds are nice and the controls are smooth. Plays like The Division without the usual Ubisoft jankiness. I had to bump it down to Easy because everyone in my group kept dying. Not the sort of game I'd go out and buy unless it was on sale, so it's perfect for GP.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
WWZ is pretty fun pick up and play sort of game. The characters and backgrounds are nice and the controls are smooth. Plays like The Division without the usual Ubisoft jankiness. I had to bump it down to Easy because everyone in my group kept dying. Not the sort of game I'd go out and buy unless it was on sale, so it's perfect for GP.
Planning on trying it if I can ever stop playing my endless cycle of GAAS games + Slay the Spire addiction. Is there matchmaking for groups or do I need to find people?

Nov 14, 2017
The game is pretty light on puzzles, from what I remember, so you're in luck there. And if you're only on 6 out of 20 and it exceeded your expectations, just wait.
Now on 11/20 and it's getting better... Please tell me after I finish the game I can start a new game + with a higher difficulty (after Devil Hunter) and keep the skills from this playthrough.

I mean, now I'm playing with Dante and he has 4 styles (from DMC3), holy fuck... (btw, I didn't watch any gameplays before this, only trailers, so it was a surprise)

If so, I'll be replaying this for sure.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Now on 11/20 and it's getting better... Please tell me after I finish the game I can start a new game + with a higher difficulty (after Devil Hunter) and keep the skills from this playthrough.

I mean, now I'm playing with Dante and he has 4 styles (from DMC3), holy fuck... (btw, I didn't watch any gameplays before this, only trailers, so it was a surprise)

If so, I'll be replaying this for sure.
Yep

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Few hours into DMC5 and having a great time.

Not even getting to the gameplay which is fantstic, but visually it's absolutely incredible. (on a vanilla Xbox One)

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, I'm loving Kingdom Come Deliverance! I am only about 2 hours in so far, but it's awesome. The setting is fresh and unique. I love the more realistic approach - no magic and dragons for a change. The immersion in this little town is fantastic! The RPG mechanics seem intriguing so far, writing is good, quests are refreshing in their more intimate focus, etc. I feel like I just live in those times and that's a thrill on its own.

With no specifics or spoilers, how do you guys feel about the game: does the rest of it live up to its strong first impression?

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Wow, I'm loving Kingdom Come Deliverance! I am only about 2 hours in so far, but it's awesome. The setting is fresh and unique. I love the more realistic approach - no magic and dragons for a change. The immersion in this little town is fantastic! The RPG mechanics seem intriguing so far, writing is good, quests are refreshing in their more intimate focus, etc. I feel like I just live in those times and that's a thrill on its own.

With no specifics or spoilers, how do you guys feel about the game: does the rest of it live up to its strong first impression?
I really like the world building and realistic theme of the game, but gameplay seems janky. Will definitely play more after giving it a spin for few hours when it landed on Game Pass.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not on Game Pass, but I do have the game on the PS4 and I can't wait to try it out. I can handle some jank just because the immersion of the game and its world intrigues me the most. I'll hopefully start it soon.

wvan13

Oct 25, 2017
Tell you what would be a great get for Game Pass? The Dark Souls series.
Nah, Sekiro will do ;)
VagueNearAyeaye-small.gif

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I stopped playing at some point, wasn't my game. I missed everything that made the Souls games so great more than I expected, and didn't enjoy the combat (left bumper durability test)

THE_W1TCHER

Oct 28, 2017

It's awesome. So many quests with meaningful contexts and many ways to finish them. Its not that combat heavy, and it sometimes leans to be an immersive sim. Its obvious that it had limited budget but characters, quests and story makes you ignore the jank.
I can't wait for the sequel, now that they have more bedget and a ready engine and tools. As I'm aware they had so many tools made for the cry engine and it took them alot of time.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's awesome. So many quests with meaningful contexts and many ways to finish them. Its not that combat heavy, and it sometimes leans to be an immersive sim. Its obvious that it had limited budget but characters, quests and story makes you ignore the jank.
I can't wait for the sequel, now that they have more bedget and a ready engine and tools. As I'm aware they had so many tools made for the cry engine and it took them alot of time.

Thanks, that's awesome to hear! So a sequel has been confirmed? Do we know how strongly Deliverance performed?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
World War Z coming to Game Pass is great! Please try the game! I had lots of fun playing online and solo on the PC version.

Well I tried solo"ing the first mission and it was okay,failed at that the part where you have to set defenses,only saw 2 spots I could put stuff down and got overrwhelmed pretty fast...guess I have to try online with 3 other person because I cant see continuing playing this Solo with the AI partners(I was on normal)...so like I posted on the XBox Era club,if anyone wants to play from scratch in co op,I am up for it...weekdays from 8 PM EST to 11 and Saturday from 8 to whenever ;)

THE_W1TCHER

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks, that's awesome to hear! So a sequel has been confirmed? Do we know how strongly Deliverance performed?

It was planned to be 3 acts, or 3 games to be precise. Then they delayed the game so much (I guess for the needed tools that they were making) that they released both act 1 and 2 in the same game which is deliverance. Act 3 of the story is in development to be the sequel.
I think it did well enough that thq bought the studio and they supported the game for a year and half with patches and dlcs.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I played this with 2 friends yesterday and we all had a blast! It is great fun! We struggled a bit on the very first defend section and had to restart a few times which killed our initial enjoyment but after that we got the hang of it and really had a good time. The swarms look awesome, and the raining zombies section in the second chapter was hilarious and awesome.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say I spent a few hours playing Stellaris last night, and while the game is probably better on PC I had a fucking blast with it. Great game with some really cool features in it.

After like 4 hours I ran into a super advanced AI murder civilization and I shut it off to play something else. But I plan to go back to it.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Super Lucky's Tale was really good. It's on the easier side, but is very charming.
I will try that! I am ok with easy side, I was just playing Knack 2 and I know its a meme around here but I love knack 1 and 2 and i consider myself more on the "hardcore" gamer side than casual, but sometimes a break is nice.

Have you played Sunset Overdrive? Not really a straight platformer, but it does have a ton of platforming in it.
Yup and loved it, one of the best xbox games. Maybe ill play it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.