• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
did you hear supposedly there's a new season of it coming and it's supporting cross play!
I was not aware, just had a look at an article on it. Wasn't even aware they were doing fee new maps. That's fresh as hell.

Cross play is awesome, I love that this feature is so much more prevalent now. Would have liked it a bit earlier but it's really cool that people can now play together regardless of their console. Always better together.

Aug 25, 2019
I was not aware, just had a look at an article on it. Wasn't even aware they were doing fee new maps. That's fresh as hell.

Cross play is awesome, I love that this feature is so much more prevalent now. Would have liked it a bit earlier but it's really cool that people can now play together regardless of their console. Always better together.
It's a win win all around! I'm stoked dude.

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
Started up Yooka Laylee over the weekend and so far I'm enjoying it, though I'm not very far in yet. 3D platformers were a large part of my childhood (such fond memories of beating Banjo Kazooie over the course of summar vacation) and I've been in the mood for one lately so this hit Game Pass at the right time for me. It's pretty much the perfect Game Pass game for me -- something I was always kind of interested in but a lot of the discussion surrounding the game put me off from buying it outright.

How did I miss Steamworld Dig 2? Damn, I love this little game, so addicting (like the first one)
Never played the first one, but I picked up the second one on my Switch a couple of years ago and wholeheartedly agree. I ended up beating it over the course of a weekend and a day, which is pretty rare for me.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Boy, all the praise for Yoku's Island Express is 100% warranted. I wound up playing it for nearly 3 hours straight. Everything about it is pure enjoyment: the unique platforming game play, the art style, the music, the hidden collectibles... it's hard not to smile along the way, too.

Definitely a game I wouldn't have given the time of day to before Game Pass came along.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I just finished Doom and it's really amazing but wtf is Sean Bean doing on the credits lol.

What should be my next gamepass game though.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
If you like RPGs then Outer Worlds from Obsidian is reviewing amazing this morning and due out on Game Pass this Friday.

I haven't checked reviews yet, but I'm not a fan of Fallout and I'd wait on patches for that one anyway. Maybe I try it soon regardless, I can't plan anything, end up playing other things always.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I've wanted to try Minit, and great to see Afterparty releasing too. Game Pass has been unreal value lately.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
What else have you played?

Little. I'm playing slowly the Halos and Gears, gonna leave the second ones for a bit later (enjoyed the first one on each franchise recently). Have unfinished Shadow otTR and Sunset Overdrive (dunno if I'll ever finish those), randomly play Dirt 2.0 (it's very good), enjoyed quite a bit Quantum Break, liked Ryse, loved Ori... Also enjoyed Ashen, Surge, Vampyr, Timespinner...

Well maybe not that little, lol. I've tried some other games and left unfinished for now, like Forza H4 or Outer Wilds (it's very cool but the central mechanic just pisses me off like a lot).

I was thinking of playing something darker, a little horror, maybe starting Prey or Resi Revelations tonight, dunno. Any recommendations?

Sometimes I feel like choosing the next game is the real game. And it's hardcore difficulty, like the Dark Souls of choosing games. And I've noticed Game Pass makes me drop more games than ever. Sometimes I get back to an unfinished game but for now it just doesn't happen with gamepass.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
Little. I'm playing slowly the Halos and Gears, gonna leave the second ones for a bit later (enjoyed the first one on each franchise recently). Have unfinished Shadow otTR and Sunset Overdrive (dunno if I'll ever finish those), randomly play Dirt 2.0 (it's very good), enjoyed quite a bit Quantum Break, liked Ryse, loved Ori... Also enjoyed Ashen, Surge, Vampyr, Timespinner...

Well maybe not that little, lol. I've tried some other games and left unfinished for now, like Forza H4 or Outer Wilds (it's very cool but the central mechanic just pisses me off like a lot).

I was thinking of playing something darker, a little horror, maybe starting Prey or Resi Revelations tonight, dunno. Any recommendations?

Sometimes I feel like choosing the next game is the real game. And it's hardcore difficulty, like the Dark Souls of choosing games. And I've noticed Game Pass makes me drop more games than ever. Sometimes I get back to an unfinished game but for now it just doesn't happen with gamepass.

Here are couple of games that I really like:

1) State of Decay 2 - that would be a good Halloween game
2) Brothers - Very interesting puzzle game that has an amazing story
3) Oxenfree - Another good Halloween game that is mostly story heavy

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I can't understand how I never read anything about Steamworld Dig 2. Diggingvania, what a cool version of the genre. I love it. Great platforming, exploration and progression.
play it if you haven't yet!

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Here are couple of games that I really like:

1) State of Decay 2 - that would be a good Halloween game
2) Brothers - Very interesting puzzle game that has an amazing story
3) Oxenfree - Another good Halloween game that is mostly story heavy

Thanks for the recommendations. I planned on trying the State of Decay remaster first, and Oxenfree is on my list too. Brothers is a cool game, already played it on ps plus.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Subnautica, yes yes yes.

Subnautica is probably the best open world game this generation. Dusk Golem has a great thread about it:

www.resetera.com

Subnautica may be a genre-defining game for the Survival genre

So apologize if I shouldn't spin this into it's own topic, but I kind of want to talk about this game and the early signs this might be a legitimate masterpiece genre-defining game down the line, and I think it's a game who's ripples are going to be felt in the years to come and will grow from...

DiscoThunder

May 7, 2019
Is it still possible to get some kind of deal on the 36 month gamepass? If not, are there any other deals around?

Edit: Looks like the deal is still going, awesome!

Last edited:

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I never got around to buying Subnautica, so this is great. Will definitely play that next month. And Afterparty, too many games. I wish I had extended my XBL gold more before I did the Ultimate conversion.

TromboneTony

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the Windows 10 store is so frustrating, I've tried to preload Outer Worlds probably 3 or 4 times and I keep getting errors. Anyone else having this issue?

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if the $1 Gamepass Ultimate deal still works? Is it worth it for a PC-only gamer or should I just sub for $5?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
It should be illegal to announce console game releases without announcing what is releasing on PC at the exact same time.

I want to play that mountain bike game on PC. Is it coming to PC as well as console? Who knows! I can buy it and play it on PC right now, but what if MS announces tomorrow that it is now available on PC?

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Man, the Windows 10 store is so frustrating, I've tried to preload Outer Worlds probably 3 or 4 times and I keep getting errors. Anyone else having this issue?

This used to happen to me all the time when I was trying to install to another hard drive that wasn't the one with the windows installation. Seems to be working now just fine.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
It should be illegal to announce console game releases without announcing what is releasing on PC at the exact same time.

I want to play that mountain bike game on PC. Is it coming to PC as well as console? Who knows! I can buy it and play it on PC right now, but what if MS announces tomorrow that it is now available on PC?
Lonely Mountains already is available on Game Pass PC, and was announced as such. Not that MS couldn't handle the PR around this better.

painey

Oct 27, 2017

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so 'Lonely Mountains: Downhill' that just got added to Game Pass today is pretty awesome IMO. Once you get used to the physics of your bike coming down the mountain it is a little bit addictive trying to have a clean run or find a better shortcut.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
So if I activate recurring payment before redeeming ANY code (IE a Live Gold code) will it give me another month of Ultimate? Or does this work for Ultimate codes only?

NegativeCero

Oct 28, 2017
I officially signed up after not really paying attention to it since the PC version came out. Honestly I'm a little overwhelmed at how crazy good this deal is. I started off with Gears and Bloodstained, but I'm totally gonna jump into Outer Worlds as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.