• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What game pass games are epic exclusive and not available to purchase on the windows store?
I doubt there are any, but there are games that were epic exclusive, and are still not on steam, that were added to gamepass and the windows store at the same time

so I do think it's fair to say some games currently exclusive to EGS may come to gamepass and the windows store (before Steam)

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I doubt there are any, but there are games that were epic exclusive, and are still not on steam, that were added to gamepass and the windows store at the same time

so I do think it's fair to say some games currently exclusive to EGS may come to gamepass and the windows store (before Steam)
I think Control has 1 year epic exclusivity though.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
right, I guess my point is that we have seen in the past that some of those "EGS exclusivity" deals are really "No steam" deals

Games aren't on windows store just because it's unpopular
We'll see, I don't see it happening tbh. Outer Wilds is a good example of this. I'd love to play it on PC game pass but it's exclusive to epic, it runs like fuckin dog farts on my xbone S though.

Nov 14, 2017
Started playing My Friend Pedro and I'm really enjoying it. Reminds me of Hotline Miami, just wished it had the same quality soundtrack.

Too much to play right now with game pass, RAGE 2, My Friend Pedro, Rocket League (new rocket pass) and soon PES 2020 will arrive on the service. That's not even counting Days Gone, Death Stranding and Resident Evil 2 I still have to play on PS4P...

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
Playing Demon's Tilt and I have no idea what's going on but it's flashy and intense and I kinda love it.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Subnautica does it again... I just wanted to do a quick run through to 100% the game (since I only ever had it on EGS so no achievements) and I finally wrap it up 22 hours later despite knowing all of the secrets and best path through the game. This must be at least my 6th time through... It's just such a joy to explore this world!

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Downloading Pedro. I had no idea that the NAruto game was on there too. Seems like an arena fighter from the videos I watched beforehand.
The Naruto games all have a similar fighting system, but alternate between proper 1v1 arena fighting games with a cinematic story mode going through the events of the anime, and team based GaaS games with loot boxes and a social hub and mindless missions you can coop with a friend and all that Destiny sort of stuff.

The one on game pass is the team based GaaS variety.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pedro seems like a cool concept, but to be fair button-mashing seems more effective than strategizing considering the more things you do at the same time the more points you get.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Subnautica does it again... I just wanted to do a quick run through to 100% the game (since I only ever had it on EGS so no achievements) and I finally wrap it up 22 hours later despite knowing all of the secrets and best path through the game. This must be at least my 6th time through... It's just such a joy to explore this world!
Do you have any tips or decent guides? I just can't get in to it and find starting out hard because you hardly get much time underwater before needing air. Tbh I'm only playing for the Reward Quest this month but I'm really struggling to enjoy it and I can't seem to progress much. Playing in Survival though not sure if you can get achievements or further the story in other modes.

Oct 25, 2017
I tried Demon's Tilt for like 15 min but I can't say I loved it. The ball doesn't feel like it has enough weight to it. I'll likely try it again, but my first impression wasn't good.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Man Bloodstained got really hard all of a sudden.

Beat the Doppleganger (took me a good few tries, picking a directional magic attack that did a wee explosion for 110 or so damage helped a lot) then got into the Inferno Caves but it seems like everything in there is absolutely decimating me. Think I need to just stock up on High Potions and dodge everything till I can find the save room and deal with it from there.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Do you have any tips or decent guides? I just can't get in to it and find starting out hard because you hardly get much time underwater before needing air. Tbh I'm only playing for the Reward Quest this month but I'm really struggling to enjoy it and I can't seem to progress much. Playing in Survival though not sure if you can get achievements or further the story in other modes.

You can get achievements in survival mode or freedom mode.Or hardcore mode I suppose ;) Basically anything except creative mode. Personally I prefer survival mode because it means you have to plan your expeditions a bit more, and can't bring as many items back when exploring as you need to have room for food and water. However if you don't enjoy those kind of mechanics, the only difference with freedom mode is no food or water needed, so you can stay away from your base longer when exploring, and have more room for crafting materials.

The game can definitely feel pretty free form at the start; I'm not sure how far you got but some general tips, if you want more specific details I can provide those as well:

• Build all of the equipment and tools you can from the life pod fabricator asap. It is all very basic materials gathered from near the lifepod
  • You can upgrade your air capacity multiple times, each time adding more. The first 2 upgrades are very easy and can be done right at the lifepod within a few minutes of starting to 135 units.
  • Build the repair tool and fix the radio in the lifepod ASAP. The radio will then give you guidance to story elements and equipment upgrades for pretty much the rest of the game.
  • The first phase of the game is about having limited equipment and having to worry about air supply frequently. So you want to work around the lifepod area to upgrade your air, and upgrade swim speed with fins and the seaglide, as the only way to get an air refill is to return to the surface. Once you fix the radio and it begins guiding you, you will get into the second phase and have access to some vehicles. This increases your underwater time immensely, not only because you can move fast and deeper, but because then you have only to return to the vehicle for an air resupply, and not the surface.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Y'all need to check out a gem I just discovered: Lonely Mountains: Downhill

The name is rather accurate. The atmosphere is phenomenal. It's a really calm, relaxing experience. The sound design is on point. The levels are filled with alternative routes to find to beat your times.

Holy shit, that game will eat so much of my time!

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
You can get achievements in survival mode or freedom mode.Or hardcore mode I suppose ;) Basically anything except creative mode. Personally I prefer survival mode because it means you have to plan your expeditions a bit more, and can't bring as many items back when exploring as you need to have room for food and water. However if you don't enjoy those kind of mechanics, the only difference with freedom mode is no food or water needed, so you can stay away from your base longer when exploring, and have more room for crafting materials.

The game can definitely feel pretty free form at the start; I'm not sure how far you got but some general tips, if you want more specific details I can provide those as well:

• Build all of the equipment and tools you can from the life pod fabricator asap. It is all very basic materials gathered from near the lifepod
  • You can upgrade your air capacity multiple times, each time adding more. The first 2 upgrades are very easy and can be done right at the lifepod within a few minutes of starting to 135 units.
  • Build the repair tool and fix the radio in the lifepod ASAP. The radio will then give you guidance to story elements and equipment upgrades for pretty much the rest of the game.
  • The first phase of the game is about having limited equipment and having to worry about air supply frequently. So you want to work around the lifepod area to upgrade your air, and upgrade swim speed with fins and the seaglide, as the only way to get an air refill is to return to the surface. Once you fix the radio and it begins guiding you, you will get into the second phase and have access to some vehicles. This increases your underwater time immensely, not only because you can move fast and deeper, but because then you have only to return to the vehicle for an air resupply, and not the surface.

Brill thanks for the advice. I'll give it a crack and see if I can progress some more :)

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Darn, Life is Strange 1 and Before the Storm is on the leaving soon list. I played the first episode of Before the Storm a little bit ago, but I don't know if it's a game I want to marathon.

I guess it goes December 13th.

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Holy crap Devil Crash Demon's Tilt is good.

Make sure you play the Ex mode because normal doesn't have the sub tables. Not sure how I ended up 6th on the leaderboard for Ex but I'm sure I won't stay there for long!

ronabs

Mar 15, 2018
How's Pedro? Just started installing it. Trailer looked pretty dope.
It's really great, the stages area short (less than 4-5 minutes in most cases), but you can repeat them to get higher scores, combining mechanics, chaining combos. I'm completing most levels with B/C ratings, only a few A/S, but will definetely go back to them and try to get better marks.

Also, there is a Hotline Miami vibe that I like it.
Pedro seems like a cool concept, but to be fair button-mashing seems more effective than strategizing considering the more things you do at the same time the more points you get.
Yeah, I feel that too sometimes.

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Is Demon's tilt just a regular pinball game with one table or am I missing something?
It's an homage to Devil Crash on the PC Engine, to the point where it has an almost identical table layout, theme and enemy patterns, goals etc.

So there's only one table, but it is multi tiered and has several sub tables so it much bigger and more complex than most physical tables.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So I finally dipped into Game Pass for PC, but once I try to log in and put in a gamertag in the Xbox(beta) app, it always says it's not a valid one and to choose another one, I tried a dozen different random names, but nothing seems to work.

Did anyone else encounter that problem? Help pls. :(

ericsp17

Oct 27, 2017
Man Wondersong is incredibly charming and fun. The big games get most of the buzz on game pass, but its games like these where I feel like I'm getting the most value out of it.

KeyboardThug

Oct 27, 2017
So I finally dipped into Game Pass for PC, but once I try to log in and put in a gamertag in the Xbox(beta) app, it always says it's not a valid one and to choose another one, I tried a dozen different random names, but nothing seems to work.

Did anyone else encounter that problem? Help pls. :(
Not 100% on this but don't you put in an email to login?

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
I found it helps to remove all the default effects such as camera shake in Demon's Tilt, and enable the ball trail. Also zooming in a bit made it easier to see from where I was sat (TV and couch).

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can you post a picture? Mine just logs in automatically because my computer is setup with my Microsoft email.
I did get in now, through the xbox companion app on PC. Just in time for another problem to appear. ... And now it's finally working.

Due to the change from live.de to outlook.de emails on microsofts side years ago, it somehow gives me two different accounts, that actually are one and the same on the ms account page. Really confusing tbh. Had to pay another euro tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.