• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda like frostpunk. I also kinda like banished. But I could never stick it out with banished. Frostpunks research tree seems pretty deep for a city builder though, which could hold my attention much longer.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any problems with the service right now? The PC client says it's encountered an error and can't read or recognize my subscription, so I can't play anything:

bd581d77-790c-4f4f-b6yjuy.jpeg

It works fine on Xbox and my Ultimate subscription is still active on Microsoft's account page.

mace999

Dec 7, 2017
Good god , Sword Art online!! I've skipped every conversation and It's still taking over 30 mins to do the tutorial

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
If a game like Frostpunk says it has "Xbox Live cloud saves" does that mean progress can be transferred between PC and console?

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
If it also says "cross save" then yes. Otherwise it is just for backup I think.

Does it say "cross save" in the app? Something like Ori has "cloud saves" ("Xbox Live-lagringer i skyen" in Danish) and "play anywhere" in the app, but it doesn't actually say "cross save", at least in the Danish Game Pass app.

40e485fa-aa1f-42ac-b9dikjt.png

Last edited:

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, it needs to say "play anywhere" to do that.
If it also says "cross save" then yes. Otherwise it is just for backup I think.
Hmm ok, guess I'm out of luck there then, I'll just save it for playing at home this eve. Looks like a game which ticks a lot of boxes for me, I like survival elements provided there's an end goal and a loose narrative
Cities Skylines Windows 10 Edition does not have this "Cloud save" tag, yet it shares its saves with the Xbox One version, it's cross-save but not cross-buy and not Play Anywhere.

I have downloaded Frostpunk on both systems, I'll see if saves syncs.

It really depends on the developer's implementation, it does not need to be Play Anywhere.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Cities Skylines Windows 10 Edition does not have this "Cloud save" tag, yet it shares its saves with the Xbox One version, it's cross-save but not cross-buy and not Play Anywhere.

I have downloaded Frostpunk on both systems, I'll see if saves syncs.

It really depends on the developer's implementation, it does not need to be Play Anywhere.

You'd think they'd have a more obvious indicator for it. I've downloaded it on PC here but I'll be able to check if the progress saves until this evening at home so I'd definitely be interested!

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You'd think they'd have a more obvious indicator for it. I've downloaded it on PC here but I'll be able to check if the progress saves until this evening at home so I'd definitely be interested!
I'll be able to check only this evening too (it's late morning here, so nothing until at least 7-8 hours or so from now).

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017

I see. It doesn't list "cross save" as a feature in the Game Pass app. Does that mean you really don't know if a game has cross saves until you actually try it? It isn't listed anywhere?

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see. It doesn't list "cross save" as a feature in the Game Pass app. Does that mean you really don't know if a game has cross saves until you actually try it? It isn't listed anywhere?
Yes that's it, for Play Anywhere games it's obvious that cross-save (and cross-buy) is in, but for other games you have to try.

I think Bridge Constructor Portal is cross-save (it's not Play Anywhere) as I saw a video of Digital Foundry showing that even the PC graphics settings are shared and when you enable anti-aliasing and other effects on PC it's also enabled on Xbox One :D
But its page on the store say it uses cloud saves, so now we'd have to find games with "cloud saves" tag that isn't cross-save to see if this tag is tied to that or not (but Cities Skylines does not even have this tag).

EDIT : Cities Skylines is also cross-achievements, maybe that's another key to cross-saves ?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone still play Remnant? I kinda fucked up my playthrough giving the heart to the queen. The king is totally fucking cheap and I'm a bit tired of him. If someone wants to help in a bit from now, my gt is my username here (I'm on Xbox).

I almost got hima couple times but as I said it's really cheap, and that's saying something in a particularly cheap game.

THE_W1TCHER

Oct 28, 2017
Sell me on Yakuza. Haven't really been interested in the series till now. What's so great about it?

Yakuza's story usually follows a mystery and unfolds with many twists and turns. The main points of the series for me are: likable and mostly well developed characters, japan's virtual tourism, over the top brawler combat. There are many mini games that at least you will find one or two addicting and enjoyable. There are many short side stories that many of them are funny and enjoyable. Yakuza 0 is an excellent entry point that if you're hooked than it's most likely you'll want to play other games. Each game has 20-30 hours meat content, and take 100h to fully complete.
Last but not least Kiryu is the best.

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking... Any good exclusives not on Game Pass that I should be aware of?

And while we're at it, any good backwards-compatible 360 game (preferably exclusive or not easy to get on another platform, like FFXIII) that's not on Game Pass that I should get?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so bummed that the Frostpunk devs said they wouldn't add controller support to the PC version. It would be an amazing couch game.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else think that Yakuza 0 port will at the very least be somewhat enhanced on Xbox? Like, a higher resolution than 1080p or something...

I own the series on PS4 but haven't started Y0 yet (still working on Judgement) and was willing to wait if it does get enhanced on Xbox...

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else think that Yakuza 0 port will at the very least be somewhat enhanced on Xbox? Like, a higher resolution than 1080p or something...

I own the series on PS4 but haven't started Y0 yet (still working on Judgement) and was willing to wait if it does get enhanced on Xbox...
Hopefully all the Yakuza ports are enhanced on the X.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Started Cities: Skylines the other day and having a great time.

Thought it was going really well - just got to 10k population as I was turning it off for the night then noticed the traffic coming off the main interstate thing into my town is an absolute nightmare. Will spend all day at work tomorrow coming up with a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.