• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Played Just Cause 3 and Just Cause 4 last night. Both games hard crashed at really annoying times. I wish someone would fund Avalanche properly to really to a slick JC5.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Yeah I loved this game. Stands out well on being well designed and paced. "Boss" battles can be a bit fiddly with the controls, but the dig, explore, upgrade loop is great.

Yeah it has really good pacing and the upgrades feel worthwhile. I do hope that the next game gets a bit bigger, maybe with more opportunities to dig your way down without being funnelled into the right way. Maybe even coop with one playing as Rusty and the other playing as Dorothy.

I will definitely buy a Steamworld Dig 3 if they decide to make it.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I found JC4 to be a lot worse than 3 for crashing (Playing on an X). I also prefered the gameplay of 3 over 4.

My initial thoughts are the same. I've played a lot of three maybe 20 hours and it's fun as hell. My son started a new game and I lost my save so had to start again last night. Just trying to get to the point of getting wingsuit as he just wants to fly around.

4 though just didn't grab me the same way though I've played a lot less of it.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I don't think that I've played Just Cause 3...

Might download it today and try it this week.

Edit: Ehm, yes... people way back talked about the poor performance and that's why I totally ignored it, despite having an X that probably runs the game much smoother.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Completed Halo Reach campaign. First half was a bit weak but I really dug the second half, even if I never got super-invested in the plot/characters. The variety in firefights and level design throughout the second half of campaign kept me interested.

Now on to Sunset Overdrive, then maybe Outer Worlds.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
So, how does slay the spire work when your character dies? How does the progression work and what's the end goal?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
So, how does slay the spire work when your character dies? How does the progression work and what's the end goal?
when you die.... Your score is calculated based on how far you got. That will total up at the results screen to show you "unlocks". I put unlocks in quotes because they arent items YOU get. They are items they unlock for a CHANCE to find them in the game. I fucking hate that but it may not bother you.

There are multiple goals but your first should be to "beat" the game with each character once. This will open up ascension levels.

Oct 25, 2017

The goal is to beat the 3 maps in a single run.

Progression, as noted, unlocks new cards and relics that can appear during a run. But also beating the 3 maps will unlock ascension mode, which is a mode that gets slightly more difficult for each level (it says what each level does, like level 1 ascension I think adds some elites to the map, 2 makes normal enemies stronger, etc.). Beating ascension level 1 unlocks level 2 and so on, individual for each character.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The thing that's bugging me now is no fast travel that I can see. It's fecking miles between the bits on the map and I'm not sure I know that to do. Might need to watch a video or something.
If i remember correctly, you have unlock pilots via a mission then you can fast travel. Yeah Just Cause 4 is not a pretty game to be hoofing it through

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Early on, you fill a progress bar to unlock more potential drops.

Real early on you max that, and then there's no progression.
when you die.... Your score is calculated based on how far you got. That will total up at the results screen to show you "unlocks". I put unlocks in quotes because they arent items YOU get. They are items they unlock for a CHANCE to find them in the game. I fucking hate that but it may not bother you.

There are multiple goals but your first should be to "beat" the game with each character once. This will open up ascension levels.
The goal is to beat the 3 maps in a single run.

Progression, as noted, unlocks new cards and relics that can appear during a run. But also beating the 3 maps will unlock ascension mode, which is a mode that gets slightly more difficult for each level (it says what each level does, like level 1 ascension I think adds some elites to the map, 2 makes normal enemies stronger, etc.). Beating ascension level 1 unlocks level 2 and so on, individual for each character.
Thanks for the answers :)

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I'm playing JC4 on vanilla XBox and never had a crash, but the performance is garbage, sometimes I think there are single digit fps.

Oct 25, 2017
All they have said is that they will release them over the course of this year. Probably get 7 first. There are ten of them. So they will probably start in February or March.

Shit really? Release over the course of the entire year and no info about which is being released first or when? That is seriously disappointing. They will probably release in an order of the games I already own too lol

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Shit really? Release over the course of the entire year and no info about which is being released first or when? That is seriously disappointing. They will probably release in an order of the games I already own too lol
I mean, I know it's not ideal but at least we know they're coming so if you were planning to buy any FF this year (other than VII Remake), GP subscribers already know that they shouldn't.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Sword Art Online's combat seems fine for a jRPG, but the story and dialog is as soulless as the anime.

I guess that should've been expected, but I'll at least try any mid to high budget jRPG they put on the service.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
LB broke on my Elite v1 last night :( - just suddenly stopped clicking properly. Tried a few things to sort it but no luck.

Pulled out my regular controller which still works fine, then remembered they need that adapter to allow a headset to be connected. Trying to hunt one down for cheaper than like £25 which seems far too expensive.

Will really miss using those paddles instead of clicking in the sticks.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
That game is buggy way beyond recognition. They even managed to have a controller bug (if vibration is on, at some point the controller keeps vibrating). Glad Game Pass exists, I deleted that game with no remorse.

Weird, that never happened to me, neither did any bug to speak of. But i've been mostly fooling around. There's fun to be had, but progression seemed quite confusing and while the upgrades seem to have a lot of potential I couldn't really be bothered to explore the possibilities.
For free though ? Pretty good time waster

m23

Oct 25, 2017
LB broke on my Elite v1 last night :( - just suddenly stopped clicking properly. Tried a few things to sort it but no luck.

Pulled out my regular controller which still works fine, then remembered they need that adapter to allow a headset to be connected. Trying to hunt one down for cheaper than like £25 which seems far too expensive.

Try contacting Microsoft and see if they can replace it. Although it is probably way out of warranty, they may help you out, they did for me.

Oct 28, 2017
Australia

the bumpers can be fixed quite easily. Have a look on YouTube. I can't remember the process but it involved a pen lid...

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Try contacting Microsoft and see if they can replace it. Although it is probably way out of warranty, they may help you out, they did for me.

Tried that when the grip started to come off at the back. No chance i'm afraid.

the bumpers can be fixed quite easily. Have a look on YouTube. I can't remember the process but it involved a pen lid...

I watched a few videos - most of them made it look like I needed some specific sizes of Torque screws and to buy replacement parts. Didn't really want to spend any money as the grip is coming off as well.

Leaning more and more towards just buying the Elite v2 to be honest. Just trying to hold out for a bit longer to make sure there aren't similar issues with those. The grip bit in particular has done my nut in with this one, but looks a lot better designed on the new one.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Children of Morta has such a beautiful backdrop art:

apps.24461.14624995180811495.ed8baa2c-5b60-4b87-b24d-f01c862ad94c.a9283330-afe8-42fa-bd16-d3b11cfea901

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
For any achievement hunters: Tekken 7 is a really easy 100% completion. You'll probably get 700-800G from just naturally playing the game without trying.

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies if old news, but the following are currently listed as upcoming removals:

- Resident Evil 4
- Tom Clancy's The Division (only recently re-added - could the sequel be on its way?)
- Tomb Raider
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
- Saints Row: The Third

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Apologies if old news, but the following are currently listed as upcoming removals:

- Resident Evil 4
- Tom Clancy's The Division (only recently re-added - could the sequel be on its way?)
- Tomb Raider
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
- Saints Row: The Third

Interesting. That's one of the bigger lists of AAA removals. Has to happen sometimes.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was enjoying EA Access while it lasted but not even Battlefield was enough to keep me.

I got my fill in of EA games I've missed out within a month and stopped.

Gamepass is here to stay for me with all these games they continue to add.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing FTL. At first I didn't think I would like it due to it looking stupid...., but then I started playing it and wow it is pretty alright.

might give hollow knight a chance now since it is on PC gamepass. I think this game looks stupid af too but who knows...

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Tried that when the grip started to come off at the back. No chance i'm afraid.

I watched a few videos - most of them made it look like I needed some specific sizes of Torque screws and to buy replacement parts. Didn't really want to spend any money as the grip is coming off as well.

Leaning more and more towards just buying the Elite v2 to be honest. Just trying to hold out for a bit longer to make sure there aren't similar issues with those. The grip bit in particular has done my nut in with this one, but looks a lot better designed on the new one.
just before you spend $$$ try this

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I regret that I didn't try some more Resident Evil on the service. I couldn't keep playing 7 because I was too scared. Not sure if 2 and 4 would be any different. Maybe I should give 4 a try while it's still there?

Recently been playing Frostpunk. Such a good game. Scarcity is the main antagonist here. It's really challenging to keep your outpost city running. Great stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.