• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT

Also subbed to Game Pass.
Looking forward to so many of these games. This service is absolutely perfect for my gaming needs, will save me money in the long run too.
Bring the games MS, and I'll keep my subscription active.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Not much right now I want to play on there until February 18. Looking to start Rime. Has anyone played that?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Weird that none of the Forza games are added yet. License stuff maybe? Because i know Forza 5 got delisted not long time ago.
So maybe they are reluctant to add those games because they know they will be gone after a while because they are forced to because of the license?

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if Age of Empires DE is being included in Gamepass when it launches?

its MS Studios but has no Xbox version...

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
One could infer that every game would be on the service for a minimum of 3 months for that 20% off.
Can't find the link, but pretty sure last year they said this to be the case (that any game stays for at least 90 days, and you'd always have a chance of buying it at %20 off before it leaves)

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just waiting for the right moment to start my one month trial, after which I'll probably just stick around. While I'm working on some backlog it's almost useless to have Game Pass lying around as cheap as it is, but I'm definitely jumping in before Sea Of Thieves hits. Loving the beta.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
MGS 5 is the shortest one so far at the 3 month point. They announced that it would only be on the service for 3 months at the same time as announcing it was joining at all. So they gave people as much notice as they could. (And pitched it as a limited time "hot" deal).

I don't know if posters on Resetera are generally into achievements, but Maka91 does some great videos, and in particular some good "easiest achievements on game pass". He also says whether the games are any fun to play or not. I've used his videos for several games and I'd highly recommend them:-

https://www.youtube.com/user/Maka91Productions

Edit - while I'm recommending random things, I recommend signing up for bing rewards. You can just set Bing to be your default search engine and accumulate points in the background. If you are diligent at doing all the searches (PC and mobile) , you can earn enough points in a month to get a free month of game pass....i.e. you can have game pass free forever (until they change the price or withdraw the option).

Last edited:

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Anyone know if Age of Empires DE is being included in Gamepass when it launches?

its MS Studios but has no Xbox version...
Age of Empires DE launches before the date Ms gave as to when their titles would release day 1.

Also, they specifically said that their published games on xbone would be added, likely meaning those one of games that won't release on xbox (at least until they announce keyboard and mouse support :P)

Ah nice. That's a good deal.
Yeah, it's nice that you will be able to always purchase with a discount when the game happens to leave

Oct 25, 2017
I'll sub when the Forzas are up. I'm really into the idea of subbing for the MS first party but they need to get the rest of their games up there. While it's just some of their first party, mm, less enticing. It's definitely getting there though.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
I'll sub when the Forzas are up. I'm really into the idea of subbing for the MS first party but they need to get the rest of their games up there. While it's just some of their first party, mm, less enticing. It's definitely getting there though.
In due time all of their exclusives will be on Game Pass and its value for MS exclusives gets larger.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One could infer that every game would be on the service for a minimum of 3 months for that 20% off.
looks like these Microsoft exclusives are confirmed to be on the service forever. I wonder how quickly they will put their old exclusives on the service
ay98Uok.jpg

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I really can't wait for February 1st, I've been wanting to play Rime and Halo Wars 2 on the service.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Plan on playing Gears 4 after I finish some Fallout 4, probably over weekend. Then Final Station and Rime.

May cancel before my next payment at the end of February as there isn't too much left for me after those games. Once the service adds some more games, I'll be all over it again.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Plan on playing Gears 4 after I finish some Fallout 4, probably over weekend. Then Final Station and Rime.

May cancel before my next payment at the end of February as there isn't too much left for me after those games. Once the service adds some more games, I'll be all over it again.
I'm guessing you aren't interested in Sea of Thieves?

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing you aren't interested in Sea of Thieves?
Yeah, not really. MP games don't really work for my schedule usually, so I stick to SP experiences for the most part. Destiny 2 was about 70% solo for me and so on.

Sea of Thieves has never caught my eye and the focus seems to rely so heavily on friends playing together and my brothers and I rarely get our schedules aligned. I think State of Decay 2 would get me to subscribe as I was going to buy it Day One.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, not really. MP games don't really work for my schedule usually, so I stick to SP experiences for the most part. Destiny 2 was about 70% solo for me and so on.

Sea of Thieves has never caught my eye and the focus seems to rely so heavily on friends playing together and my brothers and I rarely get our schedules aligned. I think State of Decay 2 would get me to subscribe as I was going to buy it Day One.

Same here. Shame, because SoT seems right up my alley in terms of game loops and design. I just can't seem to find a good schedule with others.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017

Ah that makes sense. Well, maybe you could always try it out (if you haven't already) whenver/if you do subscribe again.

So, what's the point of the 10% discount if it always goes to 20% before leaving?

If you were planning on ditching gamepass before that third month. Lets say you bought it for a month but and the game is on it's 45th day and you were leaving before its 90th, you could buy it for that discount. Yes, you could wait but it all depends on someones schedule on when they bought gamepass and what games they were looking for.

Oh 100% man, I'll be there for sure when they get there

Yep yep.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Was gonna wait for sea of thieves but a second look at this list is pulling my interest.

Maldita, Tower of Guns, Megaman collection, State of Decay, Halo Wars 1 and 2, Ninja Gaiden Black, and Roundabout all look like a good time.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Same here. Shame, because SoT seems right up my alley in terms of game loops and design. I just can't seem to find a good schedule with others.
To be honest, it doesn't appeal to me from a design perspective either so even if it was solo I'd probably hold off.
Ah that makes sense. Well, maybe you could always try it out (if you haven't already) whenver/if you do subscribe again.
For sure. Getting to try it out is definitely a factor, so whenever I resub it'll get downloaded to my console for at least an evening/weekend of play.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
MS should move to weekly instead of monthly releases. Even if just 2-3 games per week, it keeps momentum and discussion going constantly about the service. Can you imagine if Netflix only added stuff once a month?

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
MS should move to weekly instead of monthly releases. Even if just 2-3 games per week, it keeps momentum and discussion going constantly about the service. Can you imagine if Netflix only added stuff once a month?
That's too frequent right now...they need to slowly roll it out before going too fast and plus, they need the content. They would if they could but I doubt it.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I've been wanting to play some of these February games, it's a great month. With this month being stacked for me, I could wait on games going on sale before picking them up lol.

I just started Shadow Warrior last night after finding out it was already up on GWG.

StoneSarge89

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone know how DLC will be handled? For example I always buy the most expensive Forza release so that I get the whole package.
Will the GamePass only give me the base one and have me miss out on the DLC deal or any pre-order exclusives? Will it let me buy the Ultimate Edition at GamePrice-$59.99?

Liam1884

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone know how DLC will be handled? For example I always buy the most expensive Forza release so that I get the whole package.
Will the GamePass only give me the base one and have me miss out on the DLC deal or any pre-order exclusives? Will it let me buy the Ultimate Edition at GamePrice-$59.99?

They will be the base versions, but I'm sure they'll offer a paid upgrade download so you can get everything separately.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The Fable Anniversary is a great add-in for me. That's one that I was always on the verge of buying, but I seemed to miss sale-prices on. I was in a constant state of "I'll grab it next time around."

I've already done the main campaign, but Halo Wars 2 is super good.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Well, they're releasing 8 games a month? They could just split than in to 2 per week.
They want to get people to get a month's worth, and it is also easier on their scheduler. Having specific dates makes it harder for people to keep track of when they get the 10% and 20% discount. Gotta think about all of these factors when talking about such things ;). That's why I'm here. HAHA!

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Deals are back baby :

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cheap-gamepass-offer-spoiler-40-less.20108/

Yeah this is what I'm the most curious about. I know there's a lot of sales on DLC but for the games you love, you wanna be packed with everything at launch !

Status
Not open for further replies.