• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
As Microsoft starts pumping out its own original content on a regular basis, are we going to see fewer and fewer third party games as the years go by?

Eventually Microsoft is going to have over 100+ Microsoft published games ei first party games on GP and since Microsoft games will be permanent on the service, that means less room for third party games.

I mean, getting games like Rocket League, Tomb Raider, Doom, Alien Isolation, the Arkham duo, Life is Strange 2 are great to bolster game pass

But less garbage like Agents of Mayhem and We Happy Doo Doo

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Played through both Arkham Asylum and City. I had never finished City before but loved Asylum and I ended up loving City so much more than my first attempt. It's a very impressive game, especially for its time. Still getting Riddler stuff.

There's something so satisfying about hearing Riddler get progressively angrier and angrier.

Nov 1, 2017
As Microsoft starts pumping out its own original content on a regular basis, are we going to see fewer and fewer third party games as the years go by?

Eventually Microsoft is going to have over 100+ Microsoft published games ei first party games on GP and since Microsoft games will be permanent on the service, that means less room for third party games.

I mean, getting games like Rocket League, Tomb Raider, Doom, Alien Isolation, the Arkham duo, Life is Strange 2 are great to bolster game pass

But less garbage like Agents of Mayhem and We Happy Doo Doo

I imagine they will just increase the amount of games on there accordingly. Even though the service has been hovering very close to 200 titles they just advertise as 100+, they could easily just make a big thing about how there are now 200+ games on there. I mean, Netflix has been pumping a shitload of original content out and it doesnt look like its slowing down from stuff produced by other companies.

Oct 28, 2017
Is it just me or does the difficulty in Headlander go from 1 to 100 too quickly? The sequence where you have to turn off like 5 power cells in one room, with respawning enemies comes out of nowhere, and made me give up. Not fun.
I wish it was more puzzle solving than combat. The combat doesn't feel too good, especially when things get hectic like in your example.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Anyone else got a free month of Game Pass for doing the Crackdown 3 Wrecking Zone technical test?
I just saw my xbox app had a notification on it, and it turns out that 4 days a go they sent me a code for 1 free month. It's pretty cool of them.

Nov 1, 2017
Anyone else got a free month of Game Pass for doing the Crackdown 3 Wrecking Zone technical test?
I just saw my xbox app had a notification on it, and it turns out that 4 days a go they sent me a code for 1 free month. It's pretty cool of them.

Yeah i did too. Feel kind of bad cause i literally only played one match because it had the weird HDR glitch and everything looked super washed out so i just thought i would wait for the actual game to be released. Still, guess it counts!

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like Microsoft Rewards is finally given us peasants in the UK a go at the Game Pass punch cards to earn extra points.

I've already got all but one achievement in Hellblade, so it's a little annoying to read "achievements acquired before this period don't count".

It's a nice incentive to get people to try out games that they perhaps wouldn't usually but, at the same time, it kind of puts me off playing anything now in case a game should appear in next month's offer.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Microsoft Rewards is finally given us peasants in the UK a go at the Game Pass punch cards to earn extra points.

I've already got all but one achievement in Hellblade, so it's a little annoying to read "achievements acquired before this period don't count".

It's a nice incentive to get people to try out games that they perhaps wouldn't usually but, at the same time, it kind of puts me off playing anything now in case a game should appear in next month's offer.

Really?

That's ace. Are these activated on the console as I can't see it on the bing app.

Feb 15, 2018

Heh, i felt exactly the same way (i have got all the achievements i am realistically going to get on SotTR... before the promotion started).

What it has done has helped me whittle down what my next 2 games i play are, namely Batman Arkham Asylum and Hellblade. Although a replay of S1 The Walking Dead is also calling me (and i last played it on 360 under a different gamertag so still valid).

Even though the number of points are far from essential, i really like the idea conceptually.

And hi to the Game Pass crew. Been playing games for about 34 years now and this is probably the best, most consumer friendly initiatives i have ever seen. Bought my One X a few weeks ago especially.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, game pass is excellent.

Easily the best gaming service available, and teamed with MS rewards you can get it for free!

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I wish it was more puzzle solving than combat. The combat doesn't feel too good, especially when things get hectic like in your example.

Yeah i agree. The combat is really bad. I found the game world interesting, the whole atmosphere is nice, but the combat is so bad. M I uninstalled the game faster than i thought i would because of it.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
I started playing Arkham Asylum and good god, it looks terrible. That surely is a demaster instead of a remaster

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017

Interesting that they've loosened the requirements on these. You no longer have specific achievements to get, just any achievement.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Is it just me or does the difficulty in Headlander go from 1 to 100 too quickly? The sequence where you have to turn off like 5 power cells in one room, with respawning enemies comes out of nowhere, and made me give up. Not fun.
I thought the whole game was pretty easy, especially since you can easily switch bodies.

Feb 15, 2018
I thought the whole game was pretty easy, especially since you can easily switch bodies.

Agreed, i would just spam the fire button, and if my health got low i would undock my head and redock it on an enemy. I pumped all early skill points in to health regen.

I think i only died half a dozen times during the whole game. Mostly against the end boss (which was actually a pretty good boss fight i thought, kinda loose).

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The point I got to, you would have lasers flying everywhere and you had to disable 5 switches while using your shields to pass through beams as well. If you left the body, your head was quickly shot to shit, or if you wouldn't hold the shields at the exact angle to block the beams it was game over. If you died all the switches reset. Tedious beyond belief.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
The point I got to, you would have lasers flying everywhere and you had to disable 5 switches while using your shields to pass through beams as well. If you left the body, your head was quickly shot to shit, or if you wouldn't hold the shields at the exact angle to block the beams it was game over. If you died all the switches reset. Tedious beyond belief.
I dunno, I got past that with no issues.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
told you that 7th thing was "just" annoucning the March games.

so weird how some of you were adamant they werent announcing monthly games anymore when they literally did it every month game pass existed :p

edit: looking at games on xbox starting with J, the other other "big" games that could be teased starting with J are Jump Force (way too early for that unless it mega bombed) or Jurassic Park Evolution which is something I'd rather play on PC tbh.

Last edited:

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Are we sure they are actually adding Just Cause 4 and not just making a funny reference to Just Cause 3 which they previously added?

look at the Mail again

p_1159lkqsb0.jpg

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
I try to do microsoft rewards everyday 95% of the time they are working last month's gamepass quests were a disaster
even playing rocket league/Crackdown 3 /thomas was alone it failed to count toward the quests finished with 3 quests out of 6
I then had to contact Microsoft support send screenshots to get my points
I still had fun and saved up my points on the hot deals got $20 of credit and 3 months of game pass which is awesome

so here's this month's list thanks Dagolara (Cheap Ass Gamer forum)

New punch cards in the app:

Aftercharge - earn two achievements +200

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - earn two achievements +200

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - earn two achievements +200

New games added in February - earn one achievement +100

ID@Xbox - earn 4 achievements in any ID@Xbox game on gamepass +400

Discover new games - click two boxes on the card +20

Complete all quests +500

All expire on the 31st

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Just Cause 4 would be dope. More stuff like that and Shadow of the TR is so welcome.

Makes GP value seem so insane.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I try to do microsoft rewards everyday 95% of the time they are working last month's gamepass quests were a disaster
even playing rocket league/Crackdown 3 /thomas was alone it failed to count toward the quests finished with 3 quests out of 6
I still had fun and saved up my points on the hot deals got $20 of credit and 3 months of game pass which is awesome

Complete all quests +500

All expire on the 31st

It is very dumb that if you already have all the achievements in a game, it's impossible to complete the punch cards. Like I already have all the achievements in Hellblade and the base game of shadow of the tomb raider. So I can't complete those two, which also causes me to not be able to complete the punch card for doing every other one. That's a lot of points unobtainable.

I opened a support ticket with them to see if they can manually complete them for me, waiting on response

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Just Cause 4 must have really bombed for Square Enix for them to accept a payday to put the game on Game Pass literally three months after it launched for $60.

Phonomezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Headlander was great, it was brief and easy, but I enjoyed the gameplay and humour. I appreciate these smaller, shorter games on Game Pass, more please.

Verruckt93

Feb 16, 2018
So now just cause 4 is available what was the other game they had mentioned before ?

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
wonder if any other games are stealth released on game pass right now, Just Cause 4 doesnt show up anyware on the game pass pages (not on recently launched, not on A to Z) but indeed if you go to the store page you can download it.

Oct 28, 2017

Complete all quests +500

All expire on the 31st

Just to let people know, Shadow of the Tomb Raider counts towards the "New Games added in February" quest and Aftercharge works for the ID@Xbox quest.

Really nice how simple it was to do these quests. The first, and only time, we got the quests in the UK I can remember having to contact Microsoft because nothing ever registered. I've collected all points that are available to me already with this lot.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
trying to figure out games with long titles for that "redacted aswell but longer" tease, comming up short

what remains of edith finch is not one of them (at least it has the full price in the store as opposed to being downloadable)

neither is Kingdom Come Deliverance (although that was a stretch because we already have a $60 game in just casue 4)

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
What the hell, I haven't even played Just Cause 3 yet!

I need to stop time.

greenegt

Apr 20, 2018
Just Cause 4 was a great surprise this morning. I happen to be off today and tomorrow to help my wife recover from hand surgery. Perfect timing!

Status
Not open for further replies.