• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
not much for me until they add more stuff, already played FO4 and Lego batman, no interest in F1 games.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So, they're adding Fallout 4... back. Why did they even take it away to begin with?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to get through the F1 2018 campaign, I am not invested in the franchise deeply since like the 2011 game, but I still enjoy F1 racing as a whole, so this is an excellent addition overall.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any chance the PC and Xbox have different gamepass subscriptions when the dust settles? Or do you think it will be stay as one for both platforms?

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, they're adding Fallout 4... back. Why did they even take it away to begin with?
They didn't "take it away" but the license ran out. They probably didn't reach a point in renegotiating the license till now. Also with Game Pass still being a newer thing, they are probably testing different tactics on different games to see how consumers react to them. Like it probably saw an uptick in sales as it left the last time, they will probably compare that to its sales when it leaves again.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Is there any chance the PC and Xbox have different gamepass subscriptions when the dust settles? Or do you think it will be stay as one for both platforms?
I don't really think so. At most, I could see a Netflix-like restriction of you can only use these services on so many devices or something. But I don't see any reason why it would be different subs. Xbox doesn't have a place on PC. The games aren't there yet. The delivery model is still suspect. With the proliferation of cheap/free games on Steam and elsewhere, it's much harder to make a pure "value for volume" market case. So, no, I very much expect them to stay connected.

Brad Sams' latest video suggests he thinks that Halo MCC on PC might be exclusive to Game Pass, instead of being standalone as well. That would be a very interesting move, but not even new PC gamers would be enough to make a separate service profitable.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to post it when it was still available, but gamepass was apparently unable to distinguish between a paid copy of Anthem and an EA Access trial, so if you downloaded the trial, you wound up getting the full rewards credit for owning the game.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Jesus, Just Cause 4 is bad. I'm genuinely shocked by the piss poor visuals, new ideas that just fall on their face, and the overall tone. What a fall from grace. At least Just Cause 3 was still fun.

Verruckt93

Feb 16, 2018
I forgot to post it when it was still available, but gamepass was apparently unable to distinguish between a paid copy of Anthem and an EA Access trial, so if you downloaded the trial, you wound up getting the full rewards credit for owning the game.
What do you mean ? Anthem doesn't related to gamepass

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
welp...

bought 3 month code from cdkeys (since it's at its lowest I've seen atm), code already redeemed, FML.

contacted support, not really hopeful tho. And MS cant help either, it literally says on their FAQ that codes bought in third party sites are up to the third party.

Sigh >_>

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
welp...

bought 3 month code from cdkeys (since it's at its lowest I've seen atm), code already redeemed, FML.

contacted support, not really hopeful tho. And MS cant help either, it literally says on their FAQ that codes bought in third party sites are up to the third party.

Sigh >_>

Well that sucks.

Check your DM.

Feb 15, 2018
welp...

Sigh >_>

That's where i got my 12 month sub from (no problems, thankfully).

Is this a common problem? Surely they need to reimburse you? I have been using them for codes for years now, but hearing that you are effectively taking a gamble is... off-putting to say the least.

Hope they do sort it for you, and please post an update if they do (or dont)!

Feb 10, 2018
welp...

Sigh >_>

Make an indemnity claim or PayPal charge back if they don't play ball.

Megaten

Oct 30, 2017
welp...

Sigh >_>

A bit late responding to this, and others have already made some good points. But just wanted to say that I've bought a number of codes from cdkeys and never had any issue so I'd vouch for them up to that point, but I did mention them to a friend once who had a similar issue/headache that you had. He told me they fixed it pretty quickly, so I suspect if you get ahold of them they'll take care of ya. If not, yea, charge backs are always gonna work in a case like that.

Booker Do It

Sep 25, 2018
Just started playing Just Cause 4. Is the framerate supposed to be this bad? I'm genuinely finding it borderline unplayable.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
welp...

Sigh >_>
Mail their support team with your order number, they are normally very good.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Well that sucks.
Check your DM.
That's where i got my 12 month sub from (no problems, thankfully).

Is this a common problem? Surely they need to reimburse you? I have been using them for codes for years now, but hearing that you are effectively taking a gamble is... off-putting to say the least.

Hope they do sort it for you, and please post an update if they do (or dont)!
Make an indemnity claim or PayPal charge back if they don't play ball.
A bit late responding to this, and others have already made some good points. But just wanted to say that I've bought a number of codes from cdkeys and never had any issue so I'd vouch for them up to that point, but I did mention them to a friend once who had a similar issue/headache that you had. He told me they fixed it pretty quickly, so I suspect if you get ahold of them they'll take care of ya. If not, yea, charge backs are always gonna work in a case like that.
Mail their support team with your order number, they are normally very good.

update: cdkeys told me to fuck off and talk to MS, at which point I assumed I was shit out of luck since the MS FAQ specifically says they are not responsible for third party codes, but I went ahead and got in touch with MS support and lo and behold... they fixed it. Not only did they fix it they were super nice about it, I was flabergasted. That is like top tier support right there, damn.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
update: cdkeys told me to fuck off and talk to MS, at which point I assumed I was shit out of luck since the MS FAQ specifically says they are not responsible for third party codes, but I went ahead and got in touch with MS support and lo and behold... they fixed it. Not only did they fix it they were super nice about it, I was flabergasted. That is like top tier support right there, damn.
They had a lot of training in being nice to their customers during the RRoD days :p

Glad it worked out for you!

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Sucks that cdkeys wouldn't do anything for you; they totally screwed you on that front. I sometimes wish MS would show you WHEN the code was redeemed before you. But maybe that's too much data to keep track of. Wait, what am I saying, of course not. Glad it worked out in the end though!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Sucks that cdkeys wouldn't do anything for you; they totally screwed you on that front. I sometimes wish MS would show you WHEN the code was redeemed before you. But maybe that's too much data to keep track of. Wait, what am I saying, of course not. Glad it worked out in the end though!

let me clarify to not scare ppl away from cdkeys (I myself have used them for pc and switch a million times), cdkeys wasnt in the wrong here, there was a glitch when I redeemed the code, because the MS lady confirmed it was redeemed to my account even tho it said it was already redeemed (when i used the code initially it took ages to load and then gave me the code already used message, something clearly fucked up on the redeeming process. The code itself was apparently fine.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
let me clarify to not scare ppl away from cdkeys (I myself have used them for pc and switch a million times), cdkeys wasnt in the wrong here, there was a glitch when I redeemed the code, because the MS lady confirmed it was redeemed to my account even tho it said it was already redeemed (when i used the code initially it took ages to load and then gave me the code already used message, something clearly fucked up on the redeeming process. The code itself was apparently fine.
lol ok, that's quite different. When you phrased it as "cdkeys told me to fuck off", you might imagine what my general assumptions were. Cool, good to know!

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Damn dude. I wasn't expecting cdkeys to do that. But glad you got it fixed. MS are very, very good in my experience they do go above and beyond to get you sorted.

I remember when I first bought an Xbox One and I had issues with a damaged unit. When I arranged a swap of the unit they gave 2 free games as a gesture. I was blown away.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
A couple of questions about Game Pass quests, we seem to have just got access to them here in the UK

- Has anyone unlocked the 'Game Pass quest master' one for completing all the other quests? My rewards app shows I've completed all the other quests, but the quest master one won't complete. Maybe it just completes automatically at the end of the month?
- Do quests refresh at the start of the month only, or do they sometimes get added throughout the month like with the games themselves? Not sure if I should keep checking the app now I've completed all of this month's, or just check back at the start of April.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I commented about this on SIFTD and one of the staff replied to my post with
I like how one of the articles (USgamer I think) put it (paraphrasing): "Fallout 4 left Game Pass in November, presumably to not distract from Fallout 76. Now Fallout 4 is back, presumably to distract from Fallout 76." :)
I thought that was pretty funny.

I don't know if it's been brought up, but it seems like a recent update has made installing Game Pass games on the Xbox... less "annoying." It used to be when I was in the "My Games and Apps" area and clicked on any game in the "ready to install" list in the Game Pass tab, it would take you to the store page for that game. So instead, if I were installing a Game Pass game I would usually just hit the "view" button, go down one to "ready to install" tab (pressing view on a game's icon in My Games and Apps takes you straight to that game's "Manage Game & add-ons" screen) and click on install all.
I just noticed that now it just does this pop up window which is a lot faster since you don't have to wait for the store page to open, then the video to load a little or something before it lets you scroll down and click "install."
KUIUJNy.jpg

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday I tried playing Arkham Asylum and damn what a shoddy remaster. And it's supposed to be X enhanced??

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Arkham City is a great game, but God damn is it unstable. Multiple crashes, sometimes knocking my X out completely, and I had a couple times where the frame rate went to shit during combat.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I played some of Just Cause 4 yesterday, my previous experience with the series was completing (and adoring) Just Cause 2 on the 360, and about 10 minutes with JC3 on PS4.
It... it was really fun! After a little while I remembered how to traverse again with the parachute, the guns were fun enough to use, blowing stuff up still felt good too.
Graphically it's a little mixed, but not dreadful. Looked worse in cutscenes than actual gameplay somehow. I guess I missed the controversy some with the new patch though.
The only complaint I have is I swear I have no idea who is shooting me most of the time, enemies are often well hidden and the indicators aren't that helpful. Oh well.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wanted to try mouse and keyboard support, and played Vermintide yesterday, and Strange Brigade today. The former feels like playing with some lag through jelly, Strange Brigade like a shooter I play on my PC. Fun times. I hope all future SP shooters support m+k on the Xbox.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/microsoft-gdc-2019-indies-1203160012/

Microsoft to Showcase 30 Games at GDC 2019

Microsoft is showing off 30 games in its booth and during its Developer Showcase media event during this year's Game Developers Conference, it announced on Monday.
About 13 of those titles are new indies, including Night School Studio's "Afterparty" and the retro-inspired 2D Action-RPG "Crosscode." They are part of the ID@Xbox program, which allows developers to self-publish digital games on Xbox One and Windows 10.

Here's the list:

• "Afterparty" (Night School Studio) – Xbox Game Pass
  • "Beholder 2" (E-Home Entertainment/Alawar Premium Limited) – Announced Today for Xbox One
  • "Boomerang Fu" (Cranky Watermelon Pty Ltd) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10
  • "Buildings Have Feelings Too" (Merge Games Ltd/Black Staff Games)
  • "Cake Bash" (High Tea Frog) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Cat Quest II" (PQube/The Gentlebros)
  • "CrossCode" (Deck13 Interactive/Radical Fish Games) – Announced Today for Xbox One, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Dead End Job" (Headup GmbH/Ant Workshop) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Dead Static Drive" (Fanclub) – Announced Today for Xbox One, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Devil's Hunt" (1C Publishing EU/Layopi Games) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Door Kickers: Action Squad" (Killhouse Games/PixelShard) – Announced Today for Xbox One
  • "Family Man" (No More Robots/Broken Bear Games)
  • "Hunt: Showdown" (Crytek) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "HyperDot" (GLITCH/Tribe Games) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10, Xbox Play Anywhere
  • "Lonely Mountains: Downhill" (Thunderful/Megagon Industries) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Minion Masters" (BetaDwarf) – Xbox Play Anywhere, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Mowin' & Throwin'" (House Pixel Games) – Announced Today for Xbox One
  • "Operencia: The Stolen Sun" (Zen Studios) – Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Play Anywhere, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Raji: An Ancient Epic" (SUPER.com/Nodding Head Games) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Silver Chains" (Headup GmbH/Cracked Heads) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Sparklite" (Merge Games Ltd/RedBlue Games)
  • "StarCrossed" (Whitethorn Digital/Contigo Games Inc.) – Announced Today for Xbox One
  • "Stela" (SkyBox Labs) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "The Forgotten City" (Modern Storyteller) – Announced Today for Xbox One, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "The Sojourn" (Iceberg Interactive/Shifting Tides) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Totem Teller" (Grinning Pickle) – Announced Today for Xbox One, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "UnderMine" (Thorium Entertainment) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10
  • "Unrailed!" (Daedalic Entertainment/Indoor Astronaut) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10
  • "Void Bastards" (Humble Bundle/Blue Manchu) – Xbox Game Pass
  • "Xenosis: Alien Infection" (NerdRage Studios) – Xbox One X Enhanced

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
So these confirmed for Game Pass:
  • "Operencia: The Stolen Sun" (Zen Studios) – Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Play Anywhere, Xbox One X Enhanced
Although that doesn't mean some others there might not end up on Game Pass day one too. We had quite a few last minute surprises during the last year. And those three were already confirmed for Game Pass before this announcement.

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
I played some of Just Cause 4 yesterday, my previous experience with the series was completing (and adoring) Just Cause 2 on the 360, and about 10 minutes with JC3 on PS4.
It... it was really fun! After a little while I remembered how to traverse again with the parachute, the guns were fun enough to use, blowing stuff up still felt good too.
Graphically it's a little mixed, but not dreadful. Looked worse in cutscenes than actual gameplay somehow. I guess I missed the controversy some with the new patch though.
The only complaint I have is I swear I have no idea who is shooting me most of the time, enemies are often well hidden and the indicators aren't that helpful. Oh well.

I'm enjoying it so far as well. I feel like it addresses a lot of the complaints of JC3 honestly, the tether upgrades are full on sidequests and not just mini-games, there's more to liberating an area than just checking off a list of stuff to blow up, the main missions aren't annoying yet, gaining Chaos to be able to grow an army and move them forward to free more areas feels much better than filling a bar for unlocks and is a great way to give context to blowing stuff up, etc.

It adds some of it's own annoyances like the whole hacking/loading bar thing being a part of way too much stuff though and it's weird how some areas look great while others feel like the textures just decided not to load.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/microsoft-gdc-2019-indies-1203160012/

Microsoft to Showcase 30 Games at GDC 2019

Microsoft is showing off 30 games in its booth and during its Developer Showcase media event during this year's Game Developers Conference, it announced on Monday.
About 13 of those titles are new indies, including Night School Studio's "Afterparty" and the retro-inspired 2D Action-RPG "Crosscode." They are part of the ID@Xbox program, which allows developers to self-publish digital games on Xbox One and Windows 10.

Here's the list:

• "Beholder 2" (E-Home Entertainment/Alawar Premium Limited) – Announced Today for Xbox One
  • "Boomerang Fu" (Cranky Watermelon Pty Ltd) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10
  • "Buildings Have Feelings Too" (Merge Games Ltd/Black Staff Games)
  • "Cake Bash" (High Tea Frog) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Cat Quest II" (PQube/The Gentlebros)
  • "CrossCode" (Deck13 Interactive/Radical Fish Games) – Announced Today for Xbox One, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Dead End Job" (Headup GmbH/Ant Workshop) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Dead Static Drive" (Fanclub) – Announced Today for Xbox One, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Devil's Hunt" (1C Publishing EU/Layopi Games) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Door Kickers: Action Squad" (Killhouse Games/PixelShard) – Announced Today for Xbox One
  • "Family Man" (No More Robots/Broken Bear Games)
  • "Hunt: Showdown" (Crytek) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "HyperDot" (GLITCH/Tribe Games) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10, Xbox Play Anywhere
  • "Lonely Mountains: Downhill" (Thunderful/Megagon Industries) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Minion Masters" (BetaDwarf) – Xbox Play Anywhere, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Mowin' & Throwin'" (House Pixel Games) – Announced Today for Xbox One
  • "Raji: An Ancient Epic" (SUPER.com/Nodding Head Games) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Silver Chains" (Headup GmbH/Cracked Heads) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Sparklite" (Merge Games Ltd/RedBlue Games)
  • "StarCrossed" (Whitethorn Digital/Contigo Games Inc.) – Announced Today for Xbox One
  • "Stela" (SkyBox Labs) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "The Forgotten City" (Modern Storyteller) – Announced Today for Xbox One, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "The Sojourn" (Iceberg Interactive/Shifting Tides) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Totem Teller" (Grinning Pickle) – Announced Today for Xbox One, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "UnderMine" (Thorium Entertainment) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10
  • "Unrailed!" (Daedalic Entertainment/Indoor Astronaut) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10
  • "Xenosis: Alien Infection" (NerdRage Studios) – Xbox One X Enhanced
Probably should get it's own thread.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I was having a great time with Headlander until the chess part. What a momentum killer. I need to get back to the game and power through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.