• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to void bastards.

I was having a great time with Headlander until the chess part. What a momentum killer. I need to get back to the game and power through it.

I thought the chess part was pretty cool, since change of pace. It didnt take long to blitz through. It has some decent secrets as well.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
update: cdkeys told me to fuck off and talk to MS, at which point I assumed I was shit out of luck since the MS FAQ specifically says they are not responsible for third party codes, but I went ahead and got in touch with MS support and lo and behold... they fixed it. Not only did they fix it they were super nice about it, I was flabergasted. That is like top tier support right there, damn.

Finally someone smart enough to realize that "giving away" 3 months of service >>>>>>> pissing off a customer who will shit on you for years.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Afterparty launching on Game Pass?? Damn.
I was going to buy it at release, thanks. I'll buy it if/when it leaves.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only need an Aftercharge cheevo to complete the monthly quests but this game is terrible and no one's playing it anyway. It's bot town out here :/

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I think Ghost of a Tale is coming to Game Pass tomorrow. Probably announced on Inside Xbox. I also think What Remains of Edith Finch may come to Game Pass next week.
Just a warning: What Remains of Edith Finch is a great game but not on Xbox. I already played it on PS4 Pro where it is nice and smooth, good image quality..I double dipped with the Xbox version not long after I got my X and it's a mess. Poor frame pacing and stutters, low resolution and texture pop in. If Xbox is your only way to play the game then there's not much you can do about that but if you also own a PS4/Pro/PC then go for that version. It's definitely worth playing though.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a warning: What Remains of Edith Finch is a great game but not on Xbox. I already played it on PS4 Pro where it is nice and smooth, good image quality..I double dipped with the Xbox version not long after I got my X and it's a mess. Poor frame pacing and stutters, low resolution and texture pop in.
Well hopefully it comes on Game Pass, so I don't have to buy it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Halo Reach will be FREE on gamepass (as opposed to ODST which is a $5 dlc)

and Minecraft is coming to gamepass also, in April.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
So these confirmed for Game Pass:
  • "Afterparty" (Night School Studio) – Xbox Game Pass
  • "Operencia: The Stolen Sun" (Zen Studios) – Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Play Anywhere, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • "Void Bastards" (Humble Bundle/Blue Manchu) – Xbox Game Pass
Although that doesn't mean some others there might not end up on Game Pass day one too. We had quite a few last minute surprises during the last year. And those three were already confirmed for Game Pass before this announcement.
in for all of em. Nice get xbox

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
update: cdkeys told me to fuck off and talk to MS, at which point I assumed I was shit out of luck since the MS FAQ specifically says they are not responsible for third party codes, but I went ahead and got in touch with MS support and lo and behold... they fixed it. Not only did they fix it they were super nice about it, I was flabergasted. That is like top tier support right there, damn.
Xbox support is genuinly the best I have come across.

my brother had something similar with Nintendo. He had gotten a gift card for money so he could buy a game on his switch but when he scratched the back he scratched off 3 numbers ( i saw him do it and if anything I thought he was scratching too soft) they ended up giving him the money directly into his account plus some nintendo coins.

gotta love it when the support really takes care of the customer.

Hey Blinkin

Oct 27, 2017
So my wife and I bought a mattress from Conn's and they had a promotion where you get a free base PS4 or Xbox One S with it.

Since I already own a PS4, I went with the Xbox.

I'm planning to buy a subscription to game pass has this looks like an incredible value.

Any advice for a new Xbox One S owner regarding the console or the service?

Is there some catch I'm missing? Seems too good to be true.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
So my wife and I bought a mattress from Conn's and they had a promotion where you get a free base PS4 or Xbox One S with it.

I'm planning to buy a subscription to game pass has this looks like an incredible value.

Nope, its awesome. The only "catch" is they are promoting it hard, so before diving in direct in the console, do some looking around because you can often find multiple month codes on the cheap. Even at full price imo it is worth it, but if you can get 6 months or a year for $35, why wouldn't you? ;)

Hey Blinkin

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, its awesome. The only "catch" is they are promoting it hard, so before diving in direct in the console, do some looking around because you can often find multiple month codes on the cheap. Even at full price imo it is worth it, but if you can get 6 months or a year for $35, why wouldn't you? ;)

I think CDKeys has a deal on 3 months of the service.

I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Last question. I saw that Fable Anniversary was available via game pass. Is that game only available for the 360 or can I play it on the Xbox One?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Be sure to take advantage of the '1 month for a buck' promotion for new subscribers and then you should look into cdkeys like others already said. You can get 7 months out of the gate for 25 bucks or something.

enemy2k

Oct 29, 2017

That's awesome! Welcome to the Xbox family <3

Definitely get Gamepass and make sure to download the 4 free games every month with Xbox Live Gold. Also the S supports 4k output so make sure to configure it to do so if you have a 4k TV.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We are very low on March Game Pass games, are we not? I believe they have only announced 4 games so far (including Fallout 4 which was really just adding it back from before).
Do we know if more are coming?

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
How exactly do I cancel a Game Pass subscription? I couldn't find the option on the Xbox itself.

I think it's a fantastic service, and I pray that they combine this with Gold in the future, but it's not really for me. I think I'll just buy the games that I've enjoyed with the game pass discount for now.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
How exactly do I cancel a Game Pass subscription? I couldn't find the option on the Xbox itself.

I think it's a fantastic service, and I pray that they combine this with Gold in the future, but it's not really for me. I think I'll just buy the games that I've enjoyed with the game pass discount for now.

Go to account.microsoft.com, you'll find the option there.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017

In addition to the tips others mentioned, I also recommend if you like saving money and have a free spare minutes each day, the Microsoft Rewards points in the US at least rack up pretty quickly and can easily get you a free month of Game Pass each month or so.

We are very low on March Game Pass games, are we not? I believe they have only announced 4 games so far (including Fallout 4 which was really just adding it back from before).
Do we know if more are coming?

Yes, Game Pass Twitter hinted a few days ago that several more titles are coming this month. I interpret that as meaning some of them are as yet unannounced.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
In addition to the tips others mentioned, I also recommend if you like saving money and have a free spare minutes each day, the Microsoft Rewards points in the US at least rack up pretty quickly and can easily get you a free month of Game Pass each month or so.

Yes, Game Pass Twitter hinted a few days ago that several more titles are coming this month. I interpret that as meaning some of them are as yet unannounced.

Why wouldn't they have been on Inside Xbox though?

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't they have been on Inside Xbox though?
Not sure. I think lately they like to spread announcements through the month. Maybe they felt like announcing a bunch late last year at Inside Xbox didn't get the games as much attention as they could have had in smaller announcements closer to the date of release. Just idly speculating though.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
I can only recommend F1 2018, it's really a great game and you can have fun with it for a very long time. Even playing just one season in career with 25% race length will be about 20-30 hours, if I remember correctly from time on PC.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I can only recommend F1 2018, it's really a great game and you can have fun with it for a very long time. Even playing just one season in career with 25% race length will be about 20-30 hours, if I remember correctly from time on PC.
Is it 60fps though? EDIT: I mean on console - I realise you may not know that if you played it on PC, apologies.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, F1 games are fun and very tight. I suggest trying a custom race with equal cars, and tune the difficulty until you're always racing tight, it can be anything as long as it's challenging. No fun in putting 30 secs on 2nd place, but it's not very fun going against AI that is far faster and you're just trying your best to abuse the AI fallacies to stay ahead. Find a difficulty where you can win by a small margin if you play it good, then start on the career with the worst cars. You won't be winning races immediately, but you gotta sweat to get some excellent results, and as you move up in the teams you'll get better cars and wins will arrive. But again, you'll never be dominating, it'll always be fun and tight. Have 25% or so races and enjoy all the strategy differences as well.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
No idea about 60 FPS though sorry, I only played it on PC in the last years. Maybe someone else knows if it runs with 60 FPS or if there is a 60 FPS option on One X at least.

and yeah, it can be tough, even the 25% race duration is long and if you make a mistake it hurts, but usually you can rewind, at least in single player and career ;) AI can be annoying at times or just kick you out if you're unlucky in MP races with AI, but well it's like the real F1.

Status
Not open for further replies.