• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
You can do a non kill story route and get the 'good' ending, but honestly I had way more fun eating people after maxing them out. No kill means only xp from combat which is no where near what you can get from people. And because you can eat every NPC, the potential XP pool is huge and thus alot of the abilities have a ton of tiers you could never reach on a no kill run. Having all the xp means you can play around with some skill or build choices.
Well, you just sold me on this game.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
I'm done playing Vampyr. The combat was too hard for me. I kept dying on a boss and I never had the serums that I had just created. I spent a hour trying to beat it. And another 20 minutes last night.

Feb 15, 2018
I'm done playing Vampyr. The combat was too hard for me. I kept dying on a boss and I never had the serums that I had just created. I spent a hour trying to beat it. And another 20 minutes last night.

I'm still playing it, but i think i'm going to drop it, because i can absolutely see me hitting the same brick wall in the near future. I love the story and atmosphere of the game, and god i wish i had played it on easy mode now, just killing those that i wanted to for story reasons rather than for the extra strength boost it gives.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019

Did you equip the serums?

I finished it with no NPC kills. I found a shotgun that I levelled up a lot, was really helpful. You can switch wepons in and out of quick slots mid-fight too, so I could unload on a boss and the switch to something else.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Riiiight. Shan't bother with that one then.

Thanks.
I don't even know how to find a village. Apparently you just have to keep exploring. So it could be luck you find one straight away or take forever. The actual fighting bit seems ok when you're there, as long as you have some weapons because you can you have a bed to infinitely keep spawning you there. Seems a lot of hassle for 100pts though.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Was not a huge fan of the first Wolfy but it's on Game Pass, so I will check out the 2nd one down the line.

Wargroove, hit me with a short synopsis!

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Downloading Wolf II and RE5 now. Never really liked RE games but I liked the demo of RE2 remake so I'll give this a go. It'll likely last 5 minutes like Vampyr did yesterday, that seemed too much of a slog for me.

Unlike others, I didn't find the first Wolfenstein to be fantastic, just good, but again, it's difficulty in places was just over the top, so much so I just busted it down the easiest settings to get through it. With the expansion, I just started on easy and from what i understand about this one, that's the way to go.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Downloading Wolf II and RE5 now. Never really liked RE games but I liked the demo of RE2 remake so I'll give this a go. It'll likely last 5 minutes like Vampyr did yesterday, that seemed too much of a slog for me.

Unlike others, I didn't find the first Wolfenstein to be fantastic, just good, but again, it's difficulty in places was just over the top, so much so I just busted it down the easiest settings to get through it. With the expansion, I just started on easy and from what i understand about this one, that's the way to go.
Wolf II is worth playing just for its story. Unfortunately I definitely felt like they got the difficulty wrong and on top of that playing the game on easy was pretty unengaging. Great cutscenes, though.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I've never played Minecraft before. How easy is it to find and kill a "Ravager"?

Also, what's a ravager?
I looked it up and found it looked rather tricky/time consuming. You have to find a village, kill the leader and then it spawns these waves. On the 3rd wave it spawns a ravager that you kill.
Heh. Actually, I started playing Minecraft this last week, and randomly looked this up to find out about "Hero of the Village" status or something. Ravagers are these beasts that "illagers" ride on when they attack. To get the raid attack wherein they ride them, you have to find an illager outpost somewhere, kill the captain, thereby getting a curse mark. When you then enter a normal village with this ill omen upon you, you will then trigger a raid where illagers spawn in, some of whom will be riding ravagers. I don't know for sure, so ravagers may also be in the illager outposts. But that is how you actually do the wave raid. Complex indeed.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still playing it, but i think i'm going to drop it, because i can absolutely see me hitting the same brick wall in the near future. I love the story and atmosphere of the game, and god i wish i had played it on easy mode now, just killing those that i wanted to for story reasons rather than for the extra strength boost it gives.

I also should have played on easy. I wish they would let you lower the difficulty mid game because I would have loved to continue the story.

Did you equip the serums?

I finished it with no NPC kills. I found a shotgun that I levelled up a lot, was really helpful. You can switch wepons in and out of quick slots mid-fight too, so I could unload on a boss and the switch to something else.

I equipped them. Used them during the boss fight. Had to go back and create more. Rinse and repeat.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I've never played Minecraft before. How easy is it to find and kill a "Ravager"?

Also, what's a ravager?
I looked it up and found it looked rather tricky/time consuming. You have to find a village, kill the leader and then it spawns these waves. On the 3rd wave it spawns a ravager that you kill.
Just saw the quest being referenced! So, the easiest way to do this is probably to download the free map that was just put out (forget what it's called Traders and Pillagers?). It apparently has a storyline surrounding exactly these things. You can find a link on Minecraft twitter or through the game. Disclaimer: haven't tried it myself yet :p Will edit if I'm lying.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
desperately need HDD space so did some rapid fire fucking around with some games to see if they be worth keeping:

- Humans Fall Flat: big nope, hate the whole wobbly-controlled character where each trigger controls individual arm. Deleted
- Dead Island Riptde Definitive Edition: nope, I loved the first DI on PC, but I guess it was a time and place type deal, this is way too janky, looks awful and just isnt very good. Deleted
- Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition: yup, I only played a bit of this back on PC years ago, I remember liking it and first impressions here are the same, seems fun, still looks great. Keeping it.
- Crackdown 1: This is actually not on gamepass so technically I can delete it and get it whenever. But I liked fucking around in CD3 and this seems more of the same (or vice versa I guess), its also enhanced so it looks quite good (well, for a 2007 game). Keeping it.
- Megaman Legacy Collection 1: Deleting just because its leaving soon and I own it on PC anyway.

Also played a few levels of Wargroove and it seems fantastic, im kinda dreading getting to the fabled "long ass levels that are quite hard and you cant save midway and have to restart when you fail".

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Just saw the quest being referenced! So, the easiest way to do this is probably to download the free map that was just put out (forget what it's called Traders and Pillagers?). It apparently has a storyline surrounding exactly these things. You can find a link on Minecraft twitter or through the game. Disclaimer: haven't tried it myself yet :p Will edit if I'm lying.
Thanks. Might try it then again if this makes it somewhat accessible.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to Ashen, and I'm enjoying it so far. I've played through most of the Souls games, so it's familiar territory. I appreciate how more straightforward it is. One thing I don't quite understand is the multiplayer. I'm "online" the whole time but I haven't had any encounters with others yet. Not sure if it's supposed to be random. I suppose I still am rather early in the game (a little after first boss).

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to Ashen, and I'm enjoying it so far. I've played through most of the Souls games, so it's familiar territory. I appreciate how more straightforward it is. One thing I don't quite understand is the multiplayer. I'm "online" the whole time but I haven't had any encounters with others yet. Not sure if it's supposed to be random. I suppose I still am rather early in the game (a little after first boss).

Other players in the same zone seamlessly take over the role of your npc buddy. So if you notice they are ignoring you and going off on their own... human ;)

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame, the last puzzle in the Gardens Between left such a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm moving around the tower and it seems quite clear what the game wants me to do is bridge the lightning between the saw and the scissors. But no matter how I move around it's just not happening. And sure enough after looking it up, I was correct, but the way to make the lightning jump was so unintuitive compared to the rest of the game. So much so that I couldn't even get the next part to solve, even though it was very clear it required the same method. So I had to look at a picture to know where to stand.

I was really enjoying the game up to that point and it kind of ruined my sense of satisfaction.

Oct 28, 2017
It's a shame, the last puzzle in the Gardens Between left such a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm moving around the tower and it seems quite clear what the game wants me to do is bridge the lightning between the saw and the scissors. But no matter how I move around it's just not happening. And sure enough after looking it up, I was correct, but the way to make the lightning jump was so unintuitive compared to the rest of the game. So much so that I couldn't even get the next part to solve, even though it was very clear it required the same method. So I had to look at a picture to know where to stand.

I was really enjoying the game up to that point and it kind of ruined my sense of satisfaction.

Exactly the same thing with me. I never look up ways to work out puzzles but that was doing me in because I was certain I had the right idea.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wolf II is worth playing just for its story. Unfortunately I definitely felt like they got the difficulty wrong and on top of that playing the game on easy was pretty unengaging. Great cutscenes, though.
How about Wolf 2?

Is playing in normal....normal? Or does it have the same problem.

I dont have much gaming time, so im thinking of just starting with wolf 2

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
How about Wolf 2?

I can think of about 3 spots in Wolf 2 that were frustrating on normal. But I don't think that I've played a shooter where easy wasn't unsatisfying.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Game Pass is so great. I am loving my time with Wolfenstein II so far. It looks and plays great on my Xbox One X. I need to mix in my time with the new Sea of Thieves update which is great too, and then I have the Surge to play through later next week, lol.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017

Haha oh jeeze.

I hate to admit this, but back when I was writing my review of the game, that same puzzle was the one I also got stuck on.
I had to email the developer for a hint.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Wargroove does not look all that great on my monitor. I think this is a game definitely for a small screen.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Another month, another group of game pass quests that are glitched. So far I couldn't complete the 'Play Ball!' and 'Play new games and earn points' quests because the last step when you click to redeem points doesn't work.

I actually like completing these each month because it gets me to try new games I might not have given a shot, even though the rewards are minimal. But it's frustrating when they break every single time.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, when I try to cash in for the ID@Xbox one (or whatever it's called) it sends me to a page with the quests.

How have they not sorted out these problems that seem to occur each time?

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, when I try to cash in for the ID@Xbox one (or whatever it's called) it sends me to a page with the quests.

How have they not sorted out these problems that seem to occur each time?

I think that still works, it just doesn't give a good indication it has. I have clicked the 'complete' button and it takes me to the store, for some reason, but a little/a lot later the quest is complete. It's a weird system...

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tried a little bit of Prey. Don't like the early clunky combat and stamina juggling. Not for me.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Tried a little bit of Prey. Don't like the early clunky combat and stamina juggling. Not for me.

Don't let the slow start turn you off. You will miss out on a really great game. The more skills you unlock, the better the game flows and makes it less "clunky"

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Wargroove is great. Caesar's animation in battle is so funny, he rally's the troops and then does rolls and such in the back row while the soldiers do the work haha.

Nov 8, 2017
How about Wolf 2?

Wolf 2 has been patched since launch to be a bit easier on normal. With that said, you can change the difficulty in the options menu in game, so it doesn't matter if you start on one that's too hard or too easy for you.

Shugdaddy

Dec 1, 2017
Would have loved black desert to have dropped first, bank holiday weekend would have been perfect to start it.

Making some headway into operncia, I'm enjoying it but could do with merchants being available early on and not as a main quest.

ChristianM

Mar 21, 2018
Sweden

Then go for "The new Order". It's a much much better game. Better story, better level design and overall much more enjoyable gameplay. I could not even bother to finish wolf 2 even tough I loved the first. The only thing wolf 2 does better is the fancy graphics/presentation. It's really impressive in that regard.

For anyone paying wolf 2, make sure to choose aggressiv dynamic resolution in the options. The game runs much smoother that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.