• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
They added in a quest that gives you 50 points for just clicking on it quite simply for putting up with a buggy app.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Wargroove completed (main campaign). Was really good, very enjoyable and a great Advance Wars clone. However, I'd have liked to have seen some level up mechanics for the leaders. Also I found the attacking sound really grated on me because it's the same sound as someone teeing off on Golf Story. So every time I attacked someone it felt like I was having a round of golf.

Just a heads up. The Minecraft quest seems to pop for any achievement. I got the 100 points for opening the inventory.

Doesn't work for me. Had 2 achievements from the other day but nothing.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Wargroove completed (main campaign). Was really good, very enjoyable and a great Advance Wars clone. However, I'd have liked to have seen some level up mechanics for the leaders. Also I found the attacking sound really grated on me because it's the same sound as someone teeing off on Golf Story. So every time I attacked someone it felt like I was having a round of golf.

how long did it take you?

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Finished it over 4 days really. Not too long but there's other modes like arcade and puzzle that I hadn't delved into beyond the campaign.
Each mission takes a long time, especially if you mess up later in the level and have to restart. They added in savepoints in the pause menu, so make sure to manually save! Great addition, really feel like this game is at a good place now in terms of QOL. So days for me as well, with lots of breaks in between. But it's good in spurts.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
I think I finally hit a wall in Ashen. There's a considerable difficulty spike at a certain point, and I don't think I'll be able to get through it with an AI companion. It was clear all the ones I had last night were AI, and I don't think I'm willing to keep trying after this many attempts. Still, I think it was well worth the investment I put into it to that point.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
I think I finally hit a wall in Ashen. There's a considerable difficulty spike at a certain point, and I don't think I'll be able to get through it with an AI companion. It was clear all the ones I had last night were AI, and I don't think I'm willing to keep trying after this many attempts. Still, I think it was well worth the investment I put into it to that point.

Seat of the matriarch? lol

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes ridiculously difficult if you were not coop cause the AI always fell off or disappeared at a certain point about half way through.

Shame because it's an awesome dungeon and cool boss.

I started doing it coop after a few failed attempts, wound up following a guy down some really weird shortcuts, and when we suddenly reached that long bridge area from the complete opposite direction I was used to seeing it realized he was clearly grinding and we would not be going to the boss.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
Yesterday I tried Mudrunner for about 2 hours and then I gave up. It is an off-road driving sim where you need to do some tasks in a farm, like picking up wood and dropping it somewhere else. You have to fill up gas in gas stations and anything you hit will damage your car. The game is not for me and I didn't like it.

36495.jpeg

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday I tried Mudrunner for about 2 hours and then I gave up. It is an off-road driving sim where you need to do some tasks in a farm, like picking up wood and dropping it somewhere else. You have to fill up gas in gas stations and anything you hit will damage your car. The game is not for me and I didn't like it.

36495.jpeg

Yeah. It's got a cool concept, but it's just not a very fun game. It doesn't help the performance is unstable and that the physics glitch the shit out every 2 seconds. After getting a bit bored of the core gameplay I started screwing around in it a bit, making for some pretty funny moments, like the following clip:

The game could be good with a competent technical background, but as it stands it's kinda embarassing tbh.

jwc13ac

Oct 30, 2017
Just tried descenders! Good game pass game, as in wouldn't have bought it but I'm having fun with it.

Only big gripe, a game like this should be 60fps, especially on the one X. Fast downhill racing with quick turns, it would help. At least give an option for performance / graphics. I like the game, kind of makes me want to wait for sale on PC sadly.

But even with that fun little game!

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Just tried descenders! Good game pass game, as in wouldn't have bought it but I'm having fun with it.

Only big gripe, a game like this should be 60fps, especially on the one X. Fast downhill racing with quick turns, it would help. At least give an option for performance / graphics. I like the game, kind of makes me want to wait for sale on PC sadly.

But even with that fun little game!
Played a little last night and I agree. Once I saw the unity logo I knew it would be 30fps. Microsoft needs to figure out how to get more play anywhere games.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Looking forward to trying Descenders. One of my favorite things about Game Pass is trying these smaller games. Some of them are so damned addictive but there's no other way to know as I don't want to buy everything I'm interested in getting a taste of.

I did end up buying DMC5 after playing DmC. Halfway through that game. Capcom's trick worked. New fan of the IP.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Monster Hunter is cool but it feels too much like working. Kill 'X' monster repeteadly until it drops the thing you need in order to craft a better weapon to kill 'Y' monster. It's getting a bit boring doing the same thing over and over again.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Surviving Mars (if it works well on a controller) and especially For the King were my mos wanted ones for this month so yay.
Surviving Mars works quite well with a controller, but if you are accustomed to Cities Skylines controller scheme it's quite different.
But it also supports mouse + KB now on Xbox One :)

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Oh, that's a nice bonus. I'll definitely check it out when I'm done with Dark Souls Remastered... whenever that will be lol

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Mollymauk if you do want to keep going, you can just run through the long bridge area. The ai might agro one or two enemies off to the sides but the rest stay in place. There's one or two at the end of the bridge bit I *think* you can run past them too.

I'm 99 percent sure there's a save point just after that and then you're on the boss run.

After that, the rest of the game is doable up to the final boss and the boss is another spike. I have every achievement in the game except beating the final boss...

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Surviving Mars works quite well with a controller, but if you are accustomed to Cities Skylines controller scheme it's quite different.
But it also supports mouse + KB now on Xbox One :)

I never played cities, I meant mroe in the sense that its a game Ive been waiting to pop on humble monthly or something on PC, but if it works on controller nicely I would play it on xbox.

DotHair

Oct 29, 2017
UK

I did exactly the same yesterday!

I really enjoyed the game but I found the AI to be frustrating. I'd rather the game was designed without it.

So many times when I 'A' to boost up a ledge, the AI would just look at me!

I also hadn't leveled a one handed weapon, which made Seat of the Matriarch impossible after my AI had jumped off a ledge!

Beautiful game though, I loved the setting and combat. I might see if I can arm twist a friend to play it with me.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Surviving Mars and Tacoma are also today, and For the King tomorow.

Surviving Mars (if it works well on a controller) and especially For the King were my mos wanted ones for this month so yay.
Surviving Mars is a little complicated on a controller, at least for the first hour or so. It probably didn't help that the last building simulator I played was SimCity 2000, so it took me quite awhile to figure out what the heck I was doing.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Surviving Mars is a little complicated on a controller, at least for the first hour or so. It probably didn't help that the last building simulator I played was SimCity 2000, so it took me quite awhile to figure out what the heck I was doing.

I assume this was on PC with a controller? Not that it matters, just curious.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Surviving Mars and Tacoma are indeed out along with Black Desert btw.

This 1 day wait for For The King tomorow is bizarre.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
How easy is it to get 2 achievements on your own on Sea of Thieves?

Incredibly. You can probably do it in about 5 mins. Start a single player match (basically a non-public match with you as the only crew). It'll spawn you in the pub, one of the barrels has bananas in it. Eat the banana, get one achivement. Then head down to the dock, get on your ship, lower the sails and raise the anchor. You'll get another achievemnt.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Incredibly. You can probably do it in about 5 mins. Start a single player match (basically a non-public match with you as the only crew). It'll spawn you in the pub, one of the barrels has bananas in it. Eat the banana, get one achivement. Then head down to the dock, get on your ship, lower the sails and raise the anchor. You'll get another achievemnt.
Brill thanks! :)

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Mollymauk if you do want to keep going, you can just run through the long bridge area. The ai might agro one or two enemies off to the sides but the rest stay in place. There's one or two at the end of the bridge bit I *think* you can run past them too.

I'm 99 percent sure there's a save point just after that and then you're on the boss run.

After that, the rest of the game is doable up to the final boss and the boss is another spike. I have every achievement in the game except beating the final boss...
Thanks! I actually tried this a few times, and got passed them once, but the ground crawler guys kept perusing and caught up to me. I may have either not quite made the save or missed it haha.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Descenders feels both rough, but also so good to control. Framerate can definitely drop immensely on xbox one, but i don't see any input delay or anything control-wise that hinders me.

This clip amuses me though. Reminds me of the Motorcross Madness glitch for going out of boundaries.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Descenders feels both rough, but also so good to control. Framerate can definitely drop immensely on xbox one, but i don't see any input delay or anything control-wise that hinders me.

This clip amuses me though. Reminds me of the Motorcross Madness glitch for going out of boundaries.

I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I think I found your problem. The game is called descenders, but you are clearly ascending. I think you'll find your issues resolved if you just stop that.

:p

Also, I quite like the music! I might have to give this a try. I had a vague sense it would be trials-like. But seems like it's its own thing, which is cool. And I am downloading for the king as we speak, which is probably bad for the backlog. But whatever. Finally finished the campaign of Wargroove. But not the last 100 star real ending mission. Surprised the completion percentage was so low for the entire campaign. Just goes to show how important a tuned difficulty curve is. Celeste should be a wake up call for all developers, especially indies. Great game, especially with all the QOL tweaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.