• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I have both GamePass and Gold pushed out just about as far as they can be. Is there a benefit combining into an Ultimate sub?

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Game Pass Ultimate is available for more Preview users. I was able to combine mine.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n3...-now-available-for-preview-beta-xbox-insiders

Does anyone know whether this would mess up game sharing at all with another Xbox? In other words, I have the console I use being updated to beta OS builds, but my son uses my "home Xbox" through game sharing to get Live and Game Pass capability. Will that still be okay if I do this before the Game Pass Ultimate thing rolls out to everyone?

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Descenders is pretty hard, right? I enjoy it, but I'm not overly enamored with the "run-based" format, especially since there's so little progression. It's fun to play, but I think the opening practice area is proof enough that anything that's not riding downhill really fast just isn't quite as fun.

For the King is really interesting, but also a bit demanding. THey really don't explain how the game works right off the bat lol. The combat system is interesting, but boy I lost 4 lives right off the bat before I had figured out combat trying something that was way too high level at first. Only then did I realize you only have a limited total number of lives. It's interesting, though. I would describe it as "lightly oppressive" in tone and gameplay.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I have both GamePass and Gold pushed out just about as far as they can be. Is there a benefit combining into an Ultimate sub?
There are no benefits except for people who want to subscribe one month at a time rather than having a Gold sub all year around. One month is currently $15 for Game Pass Ultimate while Gold + Game Pass separately is $10 + $10 = $20.

If you on the other hand buy a year of Gold then the cost of Gold goes down to below $5 per month if you shop around so for those who stay subbed to Gold all the time, Game Pass Ultimate actually costs more. You can also get Game Pass cheaper than $10 per month if you buy longer subs and take advantage of offers.

So, if you want to have Xbox Gold all year long then UGP will cost you more money than other alternatives and you should not consider it. If you only plan to use Gold and Game Pass a few months per year for example for big releases then it might be worth looking at during those months.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
There are no benefits except for people who want to subscribe one month at a time rather than having a Gold sub all year around. One month is currently $15 for Game Pass Ultimate while Gold + Game Pass separately is $10 + $10 = $20.

If you on the other hand buy a year of Gold then the cost of Gold goes down to below $5 per month if you shop around so for those who stay subbed to Gold all the time, Game Pass Ultimate actually costs more. You can also get Game Pass cheaper than $10 per month if you buy longer subs and take advantage of offers.

So, if you want to have Xbox Gold all year long then UGP will cost you more money than other alternatives and you should not consider it. If you only plan to use Gold and Game Pass a few months per year for example for big releases then it might be worth looking at during those months.

Thanks for the explanation, helpful.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
Descenders is a fun game. I played it when it was in Game Preview and considered buying it multiple times but forgot about it. I'm happy they added it to GP.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
For the King is adorable, but I kind of wish there was an option to control the characters as a party for single player. You need to keep them in range of each other for combat so my guys tend to move as a group anyway. It really slows things down to have to move them all individually.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
For the King is adorable, but I kind of wish there was an option to control the characters as a party for single player. You need to keep them in range of each other for combat so my guys tend to move as a group anyway. It really slows things down to have to move them all individually.

yup was super disapointed with that. In fac tthe whole game is not something I want to play on console / tv tbh (if at all, I was quite mistaken with wha tthe game actually is I guess) so I went ahead and deleted it.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

But, if you're an insider of sufficient level, you want to jump in. The deal right now is that you get all the months of Live PLUS all the months of Game Pass for the total number of GPU months (up to whatever limit - 3 years?). It's an incredible deal, and you should take advantage if you can.

Yea... I get the decision. Everything is a roll. So your individuals can roll differently on the movement, but it's still slow and annoying. Also, the game doesn't do a great job of knowing the percentage of each individual dice roll. It doesn't matter as much in the moment, since it tells you the overall success percentage, but it's hard to know what stats I need to try to improve to increase my chances with any given action. Everything feels like it takes just a few moments too long to do, though I did get into a bit of a groove with the actual playing. That said, the inevitable countodwn to doom is just not something I like playing with. Same as in XCom 2 where it all just felt oppressive. I like taking games at my own pace, and that is not allowed here lol.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
But, if you're an insider of sufficient level, you want to jump in. The deal right now is that you get all the months of Live PLUS all the months of Game Pass for the total number of GPU months (up to whatever limit - 3 years?). It's an incredible deal, and you should take advantage if you can.

Yea... I get the decision. Everything is a roll. So your individuals can roll differently on the movement, but it's still slow and annoying. Also, the game doesn't do a great job of knowing the percentage of each individual dice roll. It doesn't matter as much in the moment, since it tells you the overall success percentage, but it's hard to know what stats I need to try to improve to increase my chances with any given action. Everything feels like it takes just a few moments too long to do, though I did get into a bit of a groove with the actual playing. That said, the inevitable countodwn to doom is just not something I like playing with. Same as in XCom 2 where it all just felt oppressive. I like taking games at my own pace, and that is not allowed here lol.
Yep I just got invited.

Combined my Game Pass and Live for the subscription fee of £1 and now won't need to pay anything until October 2021.

Pretty smug this evening to save around £156 worth of subscription fees.

Johnohno

Hero of Bowerstone
Nov 6, 2017
Anybody played Observer? Performance is shocking on a One X but man is the game freaking me the hell out. I have absolutely no idea what's going on, I don't know if I'm even enjoying it, but I can't stop playing through it. Interested in others opinions.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Anybody played Observer? Performance is shocking on a One X but man is the game freaking me the hell out. I have absolutely no idea what's going on, I don't know if I'm even enjoying it, but I can't stop playing through it. Interested in others opinions.

I enjoyed it. It was pretty grim, but had enough going for it. Not too long either, which was good.

Performance was really poor at times though. Luckily it never affected gameplay, really.

SymbiantXenos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bought 3 months for £1 with an extra month with auto renew turned on (then off again) I may just buy 12 months when this runs out in September.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I played For The King for about two hours and have enjoyed it quite a bit. It's basically a digital form of D&D where you can control a party as individuals or team up with friends for local/online co-op, which is well done. I did have the game crash once when I tried to access one person's inventory to see if I could sell stuff and then it just booted me to the dashboard. Luckily the save was checkpointed at the start of her turn, so I didn't lose much. The achievements are weird in that they're labeled as being for "Default Title" instead of having the game's name on there, but they still show up correctly in the game's club achievement list.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I'm really in a tough spot whether to tackle my backlog or new Game Pass additions. So many mid-tier games on the service and I'd like to play quite a few of them over titles from my backlog although clearing the latter has been my priority lately. Titles on Game Pass but not on my backlog that sound great include Vampyr, We Happy Few, Wolfenstein games, Halo MCC, Warhammer Virmintide 2, Alien Isolation (if I manage emotionally), Ashen (tried it for a bit, was great), Wargroove, Mutant Year Zero, Life is Strange 2, The Flame in the Flood, The Gardens Between, Below, Operencia: The Stolen Sun, Observer, For the King, Disneyland Adventures, Snake Pass, Tacoma, deBlob, Epic Mickey 2, Surviving Mars. I'm even excluding time-intensive games like Monster Hunter World, Cities Skylines or Black Desert from this list :D The padding your backlog status of Game Pass Twitter was spot on...

Last edited:

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I played Next Up Hero and didn't like it. The gameplay is fun and the variety of characters with different ability adds to it. However, the progression is a mess. It looks like they want it to be an isometric Destiny. You play random missions for the sake of loot and levelling up. There is no straight forward/defined campain.

1e11399ef8848523ae50235899ff4ab745479a2e.jpg

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
For the game pass ultimate combine trick

Can you cancel the ultimate subscription and go back to paying separately after it?

Oct 28, 2017
Does changing to Game Pass Ultimate hold any drawbacks?

Are Game Pass quests still available? Can I add on to my sub with Gold and/or Game Pass codes?

Johnohno

Hero of Bowerstone
Nov 6, 2017
Does changing to Game Pass Ultimate hold any drawbacks?

Are Game Pass quests still available? Can I add on to my sub with Gold and/or Game Pass codes?

There's a few bugs with it at the moment to do with redeeming codes, or at least there used to be, so I'd use any codes you have first. There should be an FAQ somewhere for ultimate and it has some caveats in it.

Since becoming Ultimate I've not been seeing Gamepass Quests in the Rewards App. I don't know if that's due to ultimate or just the app being garbage. I assume it's both.

You can add gold or gamepass codes and it ratios them out according to the FAQ, e.g 1 month gamepass code might give you 21 days ultimate. Just guessed at the days allotted though as I don't think they tell you what the ratio is anywhere.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Anyone played Surviving Mars? Heard mixed things on launch. Would be interested to know how it translates to controller and other impressions.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017

Could this be alluding to a Stardew Valley release?! I have been wanting to play this for eons, but could ever decide between Vita, Xbox One, or my real life not suffering.

Speaking of similar titles, I have Graveyard Keeper downloaded, but everything I've read is the devs pretty much abandoned patching the console posts to parity of the PC version. I just don't understand this mentality. I would like to think the upcoming Switch port will get al console version running n an updated build, but I am not going to hold my breath.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Could this be alluding to a Stardew Valley release?! I have been wanting to play this for eons, but could ever decide between Vita, Xbox One, or my real life not suffering.

Speaking of similar titles, I have Graveyard Keeper downloaded, but everything I've read is the devs pretty much abandoned patching the console posts to parity of the PC version. I just don't understand this mentality. I would like to think the upcoming Switch port will get al console version running n an updated build, but I am not going to hold my breath.
Graveyard keeper is definitely one of those games. I was enjoying it, but I think the grind is a bit too transparent. There does seem to be a bit of depth to it, but it's more addictive than it is actually compelling IMO. Which is maybe just the genre, but eh. I didn't have any issues with it, FWIW. But I would probably not go back.

I expect that tweet is much more related to Farming Simulator, which has had multiple versions on the service over time.

Oct 28, 2017
For the King is a fun little game but the controls are weird as fuck.

Just had a little go at local co-op with my girlfriend as player 2. I, as player 1, had to click the confirm button whenever she wanted to do something (outside of fights and movement). Strange and somewhat annoying.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
GamePass Games Possibly Leaving In June:

D4
Dead Island Definitive Edition
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Halo 5
Halo Wars Definitive Edition
Halo Spartan Assault
JumpJet Rex
Layers of Fear
PayDay 2
Saints Row IV Re-elected
Shantae: Pirate's Curse
Screamride
Supermega Baseball Extra Innings
Super Time Force
Terraria
Wasteland 2 Directors Cut

July:

Absolver
Aftercharge
Bomber Crew
Dirt 4
Human Fall Flat
Next Up Hero
Rocket League
Shadow Complex Remastered
The Flame in the Flood
Warhammer Vermintide 2
Zombie Army Trilogy

These are based on Store Countdowns, so not 100% confirmed titles are leaving GamePass

Last edited:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Unless I am missing something, Surviving Mars never works for me. I get to the main screen, click to agree and then it never starts. I mashed all the buttons but I cannot get in for some reason. Must be me being stupid and missing something.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
GamePass Games Leaving In June:

D4
Halo 5
Halo Spartan Assault

JumpJet Rex
Layers of Fear
PayDay 2
Saints Row IV Re-elected
Screamride
Super Time Force
Terraria
Why the fuck would first party games be leaving lmao

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018

D4
Halo 5
Halo Spartan Assault
JumpJet Rex
Layers of Fear
PayDay 2
Saints Row IV Re-elected
Screamride
Super Time Force
Terraria

July:

Absolver
Aftercharge
Bomber Crew
Dirt 4
Human Fall Flat
Next Up Hero
Rocket League
The Flame in the Flood
Warhammer Vermintide 2
Zombie Army Trilogy

These are based on Store Countdowns, so not 100% confirmed titles are leaving GamePass
Why Microsoft games should leave the service? It makes no sense.

Neil Howarth

Banned
Mar 20, 2019
We're coming up on the 2 year anniversary. My guess is those MS games were put up for 2 years and will be renewed on june 1st

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

D4
Halo 5
Halo Spartan Assault
JumpJet Rex
Layers of Fear
PayDay 2
Saints Row IV Re-elected
Screamride
Super Time Force
Terraria

July:

Absolver
Aftercharge
Bomber Crew
Dirt 4
Human Fall Flat
Next Up Hero
Rocket League
The Flame in the Flood
Warhammer Vermintide 2
Zombie Army Trilogy

I wouldn't read too much in to that. For example, D4 was leaving before and yet it's still on the service.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Do you need to have a credit card tied to your account in order to redeem a prepaid code for Game pass?

Thinking of buying a 3 month pass but my country doesn't officially have Game pass and my debit card doesn't get accepted since it's not from a region that supports it.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019

D4
Halo 5
Halo Spartan Assault
JumpJet Rex
Layers of Fear
PayDay 2
Saints Row IV Re-elected
Screamride
Super Time Force
Terraria

July:

Absolver
Aftercharge
Bomber Crew
Dirt 4
Human Fall Flat
Next Up Hero
Rocket League
The Flame in the Flood
Warhammer Vermintide 2
Zombie Army Trilogy

Bullshit. Halo and Gears will definitely remain. Makes 0% sense to take those away.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Do you need to have a credit card tied to your account in order to redeem a prepaid code for Game pass?

Thinking of buying a 3 month pass but my country doesn't officially have Game pass and my debit card doesn't get accepted since it's not from a region that supports it.
I don't think so, it's only required for recurring subscription so you won't have auto renew but that's no bad thing.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017

D4
Halo 5
Halo Spartan Assault
JumpJet Rex
Layers of Fear
PayDay 2
Saints Row IV Re-elected
Screamride
Super Time Force
Terraria

July:

Absolver
Aftercharge
Bomber Crew
Dirt 4
Human Fall Flat
Next Up Hero
Rocket League
The Flame in the Flood
Warhammer Vermintide 2
Zombie Army Trilogy

We've never seen so many games leave the service in a month and first party games leaving makes no sense.

Would call that list completely inaccurate.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Why the fuck would first party games be leaving lmao
Why Microsoft games should leave the service? It makes no sense.
I wouldn't read too much in to that. For example, D4 was leaving before and yet it's still on the service.
Yeah, that would be way too mad if they were leaving, guessing the countdowns will reset for some, defo the 1st party stuff.
Bullshit. Halo and Gears will definitely remain. Makes 0% sense to take those away.
We've never seen so many games leave the service in a month and first party games leaving makes no sense.

Would call that list completely inaccurate.
While it is defo unlikely the 1P stuff is leaving, its counting down to June 1 which is not the usual day for DwG or any kind of sale, and E3 isn't for another week. The only thing they have in common is that they are all GamePass titles counting down to June 1. Like I said, this is not 100% for games leaving GP but this method has predicted games leaving GP before.

And it is not that unlikely; there are plenty of 1P games not on GamePass so its not like its a given all 1P games are on GP by default.
We're coming up on the 2 year anniversary. My guess is those MS games were put up for 2
years and will be renewed on june 1st
This could also be likely scenario.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Maybe you shouldn't open your post looking like a fact with "games leaving in June" then, but just write it's a possibility.

Also, something like D4 leaving would be more likely than Halo 5. The latter won't happen. Game Pass as a MS first-party collection will continously be build up. They haven't technically said their own games will forever be on the service but they would be shooting themselves in the foot by removing first party titles here. Unlikely, IMO.

Last edited:

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am loving Surviving Mars. I already own it on Steam but never got really into it as my gaming PC isn't exactly up to snuff, so I'm really loving it on Xbox. The control scheme is the best I've used in a strategy game on console (puts Cities Skyline's insane nonsense into perspective). It's relaxing and engrossing at the same time, and has a lot of depth that I didn't expect. Well worth a pop.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
While it is defo unlikely the 1P stuff is leaving, its counting down to June 1 which is not the usual day for DwG or any kind of sale, and E3 isn't for another week. The only thing they have in common is that they are all GamePass titles counting down to June 1. Like I said, this is not 100% for games leaving GP but this method has predicted games leaving GP before.

And it is not that unlikely; there are plenty of 1P games not on GamePass so its not like its a given all 1P games are on GP by default.

This could also be likely scenario.
Yeah - I understood your post, and it's a handy list to know - so keep posting please :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.