• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Maybe you shouldn't open your post looking like a fact with "games leaving in June" then, but just write it's a possibility.

Also, something like D4 leaving would be more likely than Halo 5. The latter won't happen. Game Pass as a MS first-party collection will continously be build up. They haven't technically said their own games will forever be on the service but they would be shooting themselves in the foot by removing first party titles here. Unlikely, IMO.
Noted, I changed it now to reflect that. Thanks.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
GamePass Games Possibly Leaving In June:

D4
Dead Island Definitive Edition
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Halo 5
Halo Wars Definitive Edition
Halo Spartan Assault
JumpJet Rex
Layers of Fear
PayDay 2
Saints Row IV Re-elected
Shantae: Pirate's Curse
Screamride
Supermega Baseball Extra Innings
Super Time Force
Terraria
Wasteland 2 Directors Cut

July:

Absolver
Aftercharge
Bomber Crew
Dirt 4
Human Fall Flat
Next Up Hero
Rocket League
Shadow Complex Remastered
The Flame in the Flood
Warhammer Vermintide 2
Zombie Army Trilogy

These are based on Store Countdowns, so not 100% confirmed titles are leaving GamePass

what the fuck if true, especially on the first party stuff. Been holding off on starting my halo playthrough because I assumed those were "safe"

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Descenders is pretty hard, right? I enjoy it, but I'm not overly enamored with the "run-based" format, especially since there's so little progression. It's fun to play, but I think the opening practice area is proof enough that anything that's not riding downhill really fast just isn't quite as fun.

I mean I think the name is a giveaway where the game's focus lies :p

I think it does an incredible job at that focus as well, I haven't been this hooked on a gameplay loop in awhile, just unlocked the Alpine shortcut today. The physics model is just so satisfying when you pull off several big jumps and stunts in a row.

I also just discovered how to use the seed system for generating tracks, there's some absolutely insane ones people have shared on the Steam forums, some that are so crazy it seems the game engine can't keep up as I had a couple crashes on some of them xD

The sense of speed and physics is what really sells this game for me, more than 10 hours in and I still get a rush from doing steep tracks. I'd love to see this studio make something comparable with a bigger budget for visuals, that's really the only underwhelming aspect.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
what the fuck if true, especially on the first party stuff. Been holding off on starting my halo playthrough because I assumed those were "safe"
I don't understand why anything MS owned would leave gamepass. Doesn't sound right to me.
I swear there was a statement from MS once that MS published games will never leave.

First Party Stuff is definitely not leaving, you can't 1005 rely on countdowns, because stuff on Gamepass goes on sale all the time, and all the countdowns indicate is a change in Store Status. Taking away those first party games and it kind of looks like the normal churn of games.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so this week are the last games we know for May, with 2 thursdays left after this one for stuff to come out (in fact they aid themselves there would be more stuff in May shortly after announcing the current batch). Now we play the waiting game...

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to try The Surge.

PSA Reminder for all Xbox Insiders (Beta and above) with GP and XBLG subscription to try the Game Pass Ultimate insider trial.

It combines your subscriptions by adding time left on both to make one subscription (Example 4 months left of Gold + 6 of Game Pass ends with 10 months of Game Pass Ultimate) and only costs $/€/£1 to do it.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
S
Says in the FAQ in insider hub that it's final and can't be reverted back

I'll keep my memberships separate for now.
For the insider period.

Nothing stopping you cancelling at the end of your term and buying them separately after that.

Reverting would literally make you worse off if you combine the time anyway.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
PSA Reminder for all Xbox Insiders (Beta and above) with GP and XBLG subscription to try the Game Pass Ultimate insider trial.

It combines your subscriptions by adding time left on both to make one subscription (Example 4 months left of Gold + 6 of Game Pass ends with 10 months of Game Pass Ultimate) and only costs $/€/£1 to do it.
If you care at all about the tenure number in your profile, then I would strongly caution against this. I was about to switch, but then I saw a thread about it on the Xbox Insider subreddit where people have stated the tenure number is reset. I would not be too happy to have lost my tenure; I've been an Xbox Live Gold member since it was in beta.

2019-05-1412_11_43-djqjkjz.png

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
If you care at all about the tenure number in your profile, then I would strongly caution against this. I was about to switch, but then I saw a thread about it on the Xbox Insider subreddit where people have stated the tenure number is reset. I would not be too happy to have lost my tenure; I've been an Xbox Live Gold member since it was in beta.

That's annoying and something I'll put in any feedback I can give to MS in this.

However hopefully it won't be permanently lost, and saving £156 is worth losing a number, probably!

Edit: mines not been *reset* but it doesn't look 100% right either. Odd.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018

Since my Gold just expired this could be quite a good deal. So if I renew for 12 months now and add additional 6 months of Game Pass I've got lying around, I would have 18 months of Gold+Game Pass?

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Since my Gold just expired this could be quite a good deal. So if I renew for 12 months now and add additional 6 months of Game Pass I've got lying around, I would have 18 months of Gold+Game Pass?
Check that you're eligible for the insider trial, but yes, that's correct!

If you find a cheap code for 12 months live you'll effectively get 12 months game pass free with it.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Check that you're eligible for the insider trial, but yes, that's correct!

If you find a cheap code for 12 months live you'll effectively get 12 months game pass free with it.
Great. I just entered for the Insider Beta, backed down into the Delta a while ago because all the updates were a bit annoying but that deals seems to be worth it.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
For the insider period.

Nothing stopping you cancelling at the end of your term and buying them separately after that.

Reverting would literally make you worse off if you combine the time anyway.
It doesn't say for the insider period?

It the 1:1 ratio is for first time only, after that it changes to something else more appropriate (eg 12 month xbl code might get you 6 months each instead for example). So it wouldn't make you worse off unless you planned to stay subscribed to xbl and game pass forever. But personally I'll probably just buy the odd month or 2 of game pass every few month and catch up. I have it until October I think, but only because of deals.

Here is what it says

Purchase of Ultimate automatically upgrades your existing gold or game pass to ultimate at a 1:1 ratio each based on days remaining. Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to ultimate are final: once converted you cannot reconvert your ultimate membership back to a previous membership. Maxinum 36 months per account at s time includes converted from gold and game pass.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
I'd be losing two months if I converted to Ultimate right now, since my stored up time is over the cap. Wonder how long this offer will be good for. Strange about losing your tenure time, that's annoying.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't say for the insider period?

It the 1:1 ratio is for first time only, after that it changes to something else more appropriate (eg 12 month xbl code might get you 6 months each instead for example). So it wouldn't make you worse off unless you planned to stay subscribed to xbl and game pass forever. But personally I'll probably just buy the odd month or 2 of game pass every few month and catch up. I have it until October I think, but only because of deals.

Here is what it says

Purchase of Ultimate automatically upgrades your existing gold or game pass to ultimate at a 1:1 ratio each based on days remaining. Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to ultimate are final: once converted you cannot reconvert your ultimate membership back to a previous membership. Maxinum 36 months per account at s time includes converted from gold and game pass.
Yes but once you've cancelled I don't see anything stopping you buying them separately again once the Ultimate sub has expired.

Unless if using ultimate once stops you from subscribing any other way but that's just crazy.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes but once you've cancelled I don't see anything stopping you buying them separately again once the Ultimate sub has expired.

Unless if using ultimate once stops you from subscribing any other way but that's just crazy.
"Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. "

It sounds like if it expires, then you buy say gold, it'll be split between gold and game pass instead of just gold. The 1:1 ratio won't be there permanently so 12 month xbl could end up being say 6 and 6 of game pass and gold. At least that's what it sounds like.

It makes it extremely clear that if you change to ultimate, it's final and can't be reverted. I suppose you could always buy gold on another account and just use the game share method, but then the gwg games wouldn't be tied to your account if you done it that way

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
"Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. "

It sounds like if it expires, then you buy say gold, it'll be split between gold and game pass instead of just gold. The 1:1 ratio won't be there permanently so 12 month xbl could end up being say 6 and 6 of game pass and gold. At least that's what it sounds like.

It makes it extremely clear that if you change to ultimate, it's final and can't be reverted. I suppose you could always buy gold on another account and just use the game share method, but then the gwg games wouldn't be tied to your account if you done it that way
That would be a bad move.

I guess that's why there's a insider trial to work this out.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
That would be a bad move.

I guess that's why there's a insider trial to work this out.
Thats pretty much what it says though...

The 1:1 ratio is too good to be true, even for one time thing, unless it's literally locking you into being a game pass subscriber essentially forever as it says.

If I've learned anything about subscription services, it's that if something sounds too good to be true, always read the fine print.

Either way it's enough to make me not touch that deal. They can keep it until it's clarified you can revert back. As good of a deal as game pass is, I don't want to be locked into it forever and vice verser for gold.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I'd be totally curious to see what percentage of people have a 16 year tenure.

Im at 16 too but didn't get xbox live till a few weeks after it launched and had a very brief lapse in my membership at some point.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Wait what? I'm in the insider build but totally ignored this because I have like 2 years of XBLG already loaded into my account and a few months of gamepass.

If I have 2 years of XBLG and like 3 months of Gamepass does this mean I can get like 24 months of gamepass/gold for 1$?

If I add some years to my xblg subscription prior to that can I then get more?

Seems potentially hot unless Im misunderstanding this.

Last edited:

Defect

Oct 25, 2017

Eh, must be a rando glitch. Mine is fine

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Wait what? I'm in the insider build but totally ignored this because I have like 2 years of XBLG already loaded into my account and a few months of gamepass.

If I have 2 years of XBLG and like 3 months of Gamepass how much time can I add?
I'm the opposite I have years on game pass and my gold renews a year before, no brainier?

Just looked
Gold expires 9th March 2020
Game pass expires 12th March 2021

Last edited:

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017

If I have 2 years of XBLG and like 3 months of Gamepass does this mean I can get like 24 months of gamepass/gold for 1$?

If I add some years to my xblg subscription prior to that can I then get more?

Seems potentially hot unless Im misunderstanding this.
That's exactly how it works in the Insider tester trial.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had only a few days left of Game Pass, and my XBL Gold ends in early 2020. Combining it gave me Game Pass until the end of my Gold expiration, for only $1 extra.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I now have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate until July 2020, at which point billing will start at £1/month.

Not bad at all for insiders!

Edit: Does anyone know when Afterparty is coming to GP?

Johnohno

Hero of Bowerstone
Nov 6, 2017
I now have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate until July 2020, at which point billing will start at £1/month.

Not bad at all for insiders!

Edit: Does anyone know when Afterparty is coming to GP?

Just in case you wasn't aware, it's only £1/month for the first month. After that it's £10.99/month.

The £1 thing is only for whilst it's in testing so if your combined subs go past the end of testing then you get the first month at that rate.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
GamePass Games Possibly Leaving In June:

D4
Dead Island Definitive Edition
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Halo 5
Halo Wars Definitive Edition
Halo Spartan Assault
JumpJet Rex
Layers of Fear
PayDay 2
Saints Row IV Re-elected
Shantae: Pirate's Curse
Screamride
Supermega Baseball Extra Innings
Super Time Force
Terraria
Wasteland 2 Directors Cut

July:

Absolver
Aftercharge
Bomber Crew
Dirt 4
Human Fall Flat
Next Up Hero
Rocket League
Shadow Complex Remastered
The Flame in the Flood
Warhammer Vermintide 2
Zombie Army Trilogy

These are based on Store Countdowns, so not 100% confirmed titles are leaving GamePass
they have said before no first party titles would leave. Would be an odd and unfortunate thing to go back on.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Just in case you wasn't aware, it's only £1/month for the first month. After that it's £10.99/month.

The £1 thing is only for whilst it's in testing so if your combined subs go past the end of testing then you get the first month at that rate.
Of course if it goes beyond that, you can cancel. However I think it'll honour the first month at £1 if you've signed up. Would be pretty sneaky for a billing rate to change after you agreed to it.

Thanks, gonna check it out later. I have all my subs set up to late 2021 so I really hope this works out because that would set me up until early 2024.
Maximum 3 years of combined subscription.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
What's this ultimate deal?
if you are an insider you can get access to the ultimate sub (it combines Gold and Gamepass under one sub) and you get a month on top of what you have for $1.

cool thing is that if you have gamepass that ends lets say today but gold that ends in 12 months by getting the sub that means BOTH Gold and Gamepass now end in 13 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.