• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Really looking forward to Void Bastards. Given it has the Bioshock inspiration, the game might attract even more people than the excellent Operencia: Stolen Sun.

First, The Surge will be added tomorrow though.

From the list of games leaving, I will try to play DmC before it leaves the service. I got D4 and Knights of the Old Republic in my catalogue thankfully.

Last edited:

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone play JumpJet Rex? Was thinking of trying it and now it'll be leaving thebsercice pretty soon.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Too bad the deal is only for English speaking countries. Just stocked up on Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass to use the deal, just to fail at subscribing because I cannot pay in the US.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Just converted my account to Xbox Live Ultimate, but I'm still kinda... I guess I should've thought about this some more lol.

I saw this:
All conversion to Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Ultimate membership back to a previous membership.
and I guess it works about the same since I was paying 60 a year for Gold anyways, but I'm not sure if I really want to have to pay monthly for Live now. I liked doing it yearly, especially since it wasn't that hard to find Gold for less than 60 for a year at times.

Oh well, I don't have to worry about it until next year.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you haven't played DmC yet, give it an honest shot. Was very surprised by how much I ended up enjoying it.

Yeah, it definitely looks like the most creative DmC if anything. Hellblade placed the studio hard on my radar but that game's gameplay was a bit on the weak side, so I kinda expect a relatively unimpressive DMC game (something I don't care a whole lot about as I'm not a big fan of the franchise) but a very spectacular and creative product.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
Just converted my account to Xbox Live Ultimate, but I'm still kinda... I guess I should've thought about this some more lol.

I saw this:

and I guess it works about the same since I was paying 60 a year for Gold anyways, but I'm not sure if I really want to have to pay monthly for Live now. I liked doing it yearly, especially since it wasn't that hard to find Gold for less than 60 for a year at times.

Oh well, I don't have to worry about it until next year.
Once your subscription is up, you can rebuy it the older way.

Last edited:

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Surviving Mars is really fun. It's one of those games where I'll get frustrated, turn the game off and then come back like 10 minutes later when it's like "Oh, this would have been an easy fix to that problem". It has a great soundtrack, but it is also a great podcast game since sound seems very unnecessary to the game design.

I also finally started Vampyr last night, and I'm not sure what to make of it yet. I've been in the mood for an RPG with a lot of depth, and I'm just not sure, looking at the upgrade trees and combat so far, if this is really what I'm looking for. The story is kind of intriguing, but I'm not sure I'm loving the main character. I'll probably give it a couple more hours tonight to see if it grows on me.

Any suggestions for RPG's on game pass with a more D&D like rule set? I tried out Wasteland 2 and that was definitely not for me.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I want to know this as well.
Can I sign up to insider today and get this offer of game pass matching my live?
Only if the offer lasts for three months since as mentioned above, you need to be in the Beta Ring. Beta Ring requirements according to the Insider FAQ:

Open to Xbox Insiders with a Program tenure of 3 or more months and an Xbox Insider XP Level of 5 or higher. This ring receives updates shortly after Alpha.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, guess I'd better start KOTOR, although I'm sure I won't be able to finish within a couple weeks. I wonder if there's a grace period, or if it just disappears.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Surviving Mars is really fun. It's one of those games where I'll get frustrated, turn the game off and then come back like 10 minutes later when it's like "Oh, this would have been an easy fix to that problem". It has a great soundtrack, but it is also a great podcast game since sound seems very unnecessary to the game design.

I also finally started Vampyr last night, and I'm not sure what to make of it yet. I've been in the mood for an RPG with a lot of depth, and I'm just not sure, looking at the upgrade trees and combat so far, if this is really what I'm looking for. The story is kind of intriguing, but I'm not sure I'm loving the main character. I'll probably give it a couple more hours tonight to see if it grows on me.

Any suggestions for RPG's on game pass with a more D&D like rule set? I tried out Wasteland 2 and that was definitely not for me.

Kotor is based on d&d rules. Mutant year zero is a turn based strategy game that has some light rpg elements. It was one of my favorite games from last year.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is that ultimate deal still on? I told my friend about it and he said he couldn't find it despite being in the beta ring

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Kotor is based on d&d rules. Mutant year zero is a turn based strategy game that has some light rpg elements. It was one of my favorite games from last year.

Yeah, I've played KOTOR a lot. One of my favorite games ever. I just wish there were a few more games like that, or more isometric RPG's like Pillars or Divinity OS on this service. Even a Dragon Age Origins or KOA Reckoning would be cool.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do you upgrade to the Game Pass Ultimate membership, because I signed up for the Beta (and got in right away since I'm a high level) and I joined the Ultimate thing (and also got in, it says manage/show in store), but the store page it takes me to says it's not available right now and only has the option to redeem a code.

Smutpeddler

Jan 11, 2018
I am addicted to For The King, but the damn game has crashed 3 times on me. Anyone else having this issue with it?

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
If I recall correctly from looking at the Ultimate notes last night in the insider app, they said it was a limited offer, so perhaps there were only so many "slots" that could be taken and it's full. At least for now.

EDIT - I thought about converting last night but didn't because my Gold runs out in November and I thought I would boost my gold with a 1 year card before I converted. Oh well, looks like my greed may have bitten me there.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The Ultimate Upgrade for beta dashboard insiders still worked for me, and I only switched over to Beta today. I grabbed 2 years of XBL Gold from CDKeys for ~$95 total (no tax), added them to my account, then switched over. With the bonus months for enabling auto-renewal, I'm set through November 2021 with both Gold and Game Pass.

That's uhh....that's nuts.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
€1 for 3 months

I´m not sure how this makes money to anyone, MS or devs but i´ll take it :)

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
After I get the game pass ultimate thing am I stuck as an update preview member? Or can I back out of that as soon as I pay the 1$ to subscribe to ultimate?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just signed up to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and feel like I made out like a bandit.

I started the day with no Game Pass and my Xbox Live Gold expiring next month on the 13th. I had a month of free Gold I never used that came with my X and a year of free Gold I got a couple of months ago on sale from redeeming it using points from MS Rewards. So I used both of them today so my Gold was good to July 2020. I bought the Game Pass 3 month deal for a 1 dollar then used 17000 of my MS points to redeem another 3 months of Game Pass, so now I had 6 months of Game Pass. I joined Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and subscribed for a 1 dollar.

I'm now good till Feburary 13th 2021 for both Gold and Game Pass and spent just 2 dollars. And worse yet, the 2 dollars I used were from a 5 dollar credit I received today from redeeming it on sale using 4000 MS points.

Today was a Good Day.

Last edited:

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
The Ultimate Upgrade for beta dashboard insiders still worked for me, and I only switched over to Beta today. I grabbed 2 years of XBL Gold from CDKeys for ~$95 total (no tax), added them to my account, then switched over. With the bonus months for enabling auto-renewal, I'm set through November 2021 with both Gold and Game Pass.

That's uhh....that's nuts.
You played it right, I was so happy to see it pop up, I did it without thinking, still I got about $90 of free service. I still ate well.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
so before i convert to game pass ultimate, I should go buy a ton of gold months rights? Does anyone know any place that has them cheap?

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
How well does Mutant Year Zero run on X?

It's not perfect. I encountered a couple audio bugs, a charecter got stuck in a wall and atleast one game crash. That was all at launch so hopefully they have fixed a lot of the technical issues because the core gameplay is so awesome. It's the only strategy game I've beat since FF tactics advanced way back when.

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
Ok so I have only been on insider for like 6 weeks and am only on the delta ring. Today the option to join ultimate opened for me anyways and I subscribed. My membership now runs through 5/2021 lol, what an insane deal.

Btw, the one new thing I finally did was report a bug. The option to subscribe to ultimate showed up right after I did that.

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
If I recall correctly from looking at the Ultimate notes last night in the insider app, they said it was a limited offer, so perhaps there were only so many "slots" that could be taken and it's full. At least for now.

EDIT - I thought about converting last night but didn't because my Gold runs out in November and I thought I would boost my gold with a 1 year card before I converted. Oh well, looks like my greed may have bitten me there.

It's definitely not over, I just signed up for ultimate about 1 hour ago. You should sign up ASAP because who knows when it ends.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For the King is my new jam bros. I play it every time I need something to do for 30 minutes as it is a very easy game to jump in and out of. I had it crash on me twice now but the game auto saves constantly so I haven't lost any time other than restarting the game.

Also tried out Surviving Mars and by god is that game confusing. Also the controls are not great for a console game.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Just ran into a little bug with Game Pass Ultimate.

The Xbox Store via mobile acknowledged that you can now download The Surge via Game Pass but initially my profile thought I was on a 5 day Game Pass trial. Going back to the game store after that worked but a little quirk in the system.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So is this ultimate something I should try to get into? I am not an insider and have not even signed up.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So is this ultimate something I should try to get into? I am not an insider and have not even signed up.
If you have Gold and you have Game Pass, it's just a way to bundle into one account you can keep track of. I get the feeling maybe it will replace the other two in time, since together they make sense for what MS are offering.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The Surge and Lego Batman 3 today means we are out of announced games (Void Bastards notwithstanding), should get some announcements soon.

The announcements are more exciting than the actual games :3

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
The surge is a great game. I just recently played the whole thing with all the dlc. The Creo world dlc is fantastic btw(just a little short), the other one not so much(it's challenge room areas basically). The game as a whole is very underrated imo. Can't wait for the sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.