• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
So I have live until July 2021 and game pass until July of this year, what would I get if I sign up for ultimate?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
It's not perfect. I encountered a couple audio bugs, a charecter got stuck in a wall and atleast one game crash. That was all at launch so hopefully they have fixed a lot of the technical issues because the core gameplay is so awesome. It's the only strategy game I've beat since FF tactics advanced way back when.

Thank you. I have been very interested in the game for a while now and was not sure if the bugs were all addressed.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok I got the upgrade, now can I leave the Insider program? The Xbox dashboard is already pretty sluggish, I don't want bugs on top of that.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
You were close. Got it until October 2021.
Nicely done.

Ok I got the upgrade, now can I leave the Insider program? The Xbox dashboard is already pretty sluggish, I don't want bugs on top of that.
I'd probably avoid doing that.

The Xbox beta build probably has coding to recognise the changes to the subscription types. The old build may not. May be worth keeping at beta just in case until the system goes live.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017

I tried and the option to manage your ultimate subscription(on console or online) disappears while your previous gold/pass are still expired. I didn't try to run anything after leaving the program so maybe someone else will investigate to see if things work. You can rejoin the beta ring and the ultimate subscription is back, so at least you don't lose it.

Munroe

May 17, 2019
Is there anything definitive to confirm that you have ultimate?

When I activated it via the insider hub, I got an error saying something about a bad HTTP call, however if I head back in, it does say I'm enrolled, double however, in my Microsoft services page, I still have separate subs for gamepass and live....

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
im good for 15 months ultimate but does anyone know if you buy gold on its own and redeem the code will it extend the ultimate subscription?

How easy is it to join the Insider program? I obviously want to combine my subscriptions.

download the app and follow the instructions. very easy process. do surveys until you reach level 2 then join the preview ring program(on the right of the insider app). if it gives you the option to join beta youre good to go. join that and then back in the main menu of the app youll see the ultimate offer.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
im good for 15 months ultimate but does anyone know if you buy gold on its own and redeem the code will it extend the ultimate subscription?

download the app and follow the instructions. very easy process. do surveys until you reach level 2 then join the preview ring program(on the right of the insider app). if it gives you the option to join beta youre good to go. join that and then back in the main menu of the app youll see the ultimate offer.

I'm level 3, but I don't a see a preview ring on the far right, do I have to have the insider firmware installed on my Xbox?

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
yup. It extends the ultimate subscription at a set ratio (don't think this is known yet but I'm assuming 12 month gold will be around 6 months ultimate). The 1:1 ratio is first time only

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
A little off topic but some of you mentionned the dashboard being a little sluggish...I turn my 1X on every day and after a few days,most of my clicks on the dpad or analog to move left or right have a delay,long enough that it makes me do another left or right move and when it finally reacts I am like 3 tiles down from where I wanted to be...very annoying,I have to do a MAC address restart,that restarts the whole console to fix it...then its fine for a day or 2,rinse,repeat...does it do this to any of you...?

BuggeryBugz

Oct 29, 2017
A little off topic but some of you mentionned the dashboard being a little sluggish...I turn my 1X on every day and after a few days,most of my clicks on the dpad or analog to move left or right have a delay,long enough that it makes me do another left or right move and when it finally reacts I am like 3 tiles down from where I wanted to be...very annoying,I have to do a MAC address restart,that restarts the whole console to fix it...then its fine for a day or 2,rinse,repeat...does it do this to any of you...?

It happens to me all the time as well. I do a hard reset which helps for a few days and then it happens again. I have no idea why.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
The sluggish dashboard is honestly my biggest gripe w/ my Xbox One. It's ridiculous how poorly it performs this far into the life cycle.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yep, happens to me too!

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
I've had good luck with deleting games off the internal hard drive and keeping most of them on my external. I'm not sure why it would have an effect, but I definitely notice that the lag goes away for a couple weeks when I clear up some space.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the Xbox dashboard is horrible. It's laggy, sometimes the store won't load for me but other online features will. Not to mention I hate how it's laid out. Like why are my games hidden in a menu? Shouldn't they be right there on my front page at all time, not just the last one i played etc...

Regardless has anyone tried Surviving Mars? I didn't like it at first but now that I've gotten a handle on all of the systems I'm kind of addicted. It's not an easy game to learn by any means but its a pretty fun "city builder" at heart.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
not to pile on, but I was honestly shocked by how bad the X UI was when I bought one a few months ago. I asked a friend that had one for awhile if this was normal and he pretty much went "yuuuuuuuup.... sucks right? :("

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I'm surprised no new games were announced on Thursday. Do you guys think anything else is coming for May?

Also, it's interesting that 18 games are leaving the service this month. I believe that's the most ever, and wonder if it will be a higher number like that most months moving forward.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm surprised no new games were announced on Thursday. Do you guys think anything else is coming for May?

Also, it's interesting that 18 games are leaving the service this month. I believe that's the most ever, and wonder if it will be a higher number like that most months moving forward.

E3 is a'coming....

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa

Look forward to the "Available NOW on Gamepass" announcements at E3

Forza 7 and Rare Replay are still missing. I could easily see some Betashed trash like Fallout 76 too considering how much support they've shown to GP lately. Some indies will surely be announced too.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

That's true! But I want more NOW haha.

Look forward to the "Available NOW on Gamepass" announcements at E3

Forza 7 and Rare Replay are still missing. I could easily see some Betashed trash like Fallout 76 too considering how much support they've shown to GP lately. Some indies will surely be announced too.

Forza 7 would be great. I wouldn't play Fallout 76 even if Bethesda paid me. I got Rare Replay through an old Mixpot - the games in that collection sadly did not appeal to me. Combined with the fact that I really disliked Sea of Thieves makes me realize that Rare is probably my least favorite first party Xbox studio.

Here is my Game Pass wishlist:
- Outer Worlds (if they announce this is coming day 1, E3 is immediately a success for me).
- Resident Evil 2 (probably too soon though).
- Spyro.
- Outlast 2.
- Sonic Mania.
- Cuphead.
- Inside.
- Kingdom Come Deliverence.
- Dishonored: Death of the Outsider.
- Firewatch.
- Forza 7.
- The Walking Dead Final Season.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

they specifially said earlier this month there were more games coming, there are still two thursays left in the month.

Also we know for a fact that void Bastards is coming May 29th (not a thursday)

E3 isnt until June btw

- Outer Worlds (if they announce this is coming day 1, E3 is immediately a success for me).
- Resident Evil 2 (probably too soon though).
- Spyro.
- Outlast 2.
- Sonic Mania.
- Cuphead.
- Inside.
- Kingdom Come Deliverence.
- Dishonored: Death of the Outsider.
- Firewatch.
- Forza 7.

Zero chance of Outer Worlds, they arent the publisher. Too soon for RE2. Cuphead isnt coming to gamepass (or humble monthly) per Era's own Teeth

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Resident Evil 7 is possible, we did get MH World and some other RE shit I didn't even pay attention to.

Forgot about Dishonored stuff. I feel like that's probably a given considering they underperformed and the publisher likes GP. I just beat Wolf 2, working on Prey so I say keep bringing on AAA X enhanced stuff.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
they specifially said earlier this month there were more games coming, there are still two thursays left in the month.

Also we know for a fact that void Bastards is coming May 29th (not a thursday)

E3 isnt until June btw

Zero chance of Outer Worlds, they arent the publisher. Too soon for RE2. Cuphead isnt coming to gamepass (or humble monthly) per Era's own Teeth
There isn't zero chance. They could still make a deal to get it on Game Pass day one.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I really dont think so dude. Has there ever been a multi-platform, non-indie game day 1 on gamepass?
It supposedly didn't have a very big budget though. It's not like it's some massive AAA game. With MS owning the studio and the IP, it could make sense for them to work out a deal to get it on Game Pass.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Are Insiders common here? I'm in Alpha myself, though I only recently got an X1X.
I imagine there's a few of us.

Trying to get high enough level to get into the alpha section. Was an insider for Windows 10 since the start of the programme but signed up to the Xbox version comparatively late.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies if this has been asked already, but where do I find that Ultimate deal?

I've been an Insider for a few years, but only now got the Hub on my X1X. Is the deal dead already?

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Apologies if this has been asked already, but where do I find that Ultimate deal?

I've been an Insider for a few years, but only now got the Hub on my X1X. Is the deal dead already?

In the insider hub join the beta ring if you can.
Once accepted the ultimate deal will appear in the hub too.

Status
Not open for further replies.