• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
Damn good on microsoft with their conversion policy!

I had a year and a half left of prepaid Live and gamepass I had about 20 months left. For $1 I get an additional year and a half of Live, 17 additional months of console gamepass AND get PC for three years?

My remaining time got me maxed out at the 36 month limit.

Hell yes. Thanks for not screwing over people committed to the platform.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Okay. Just cancelled resubbing. I know it is in beta, but I only got this for games like shenmue and exodus and neither one of them will download.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Well, it turns out Steamworld Dig 2 is really good. I had no idea where to start in this batch of new games, but I think I made the right choice. I really wasn't the hugest fan of the first game, but it feels like they have fixed a lot of the problems I had with it, in the second game. I'm still not a huge fan of their brand of narrative, and find that it kind of just gets in the way of the game at a few points, especially early on. I just feel like there are almost too many NPC's for a game this size, and I know you don't have to stop and talk to them, but I have this part of my brain where if there's an option to, I'm going to. Anyway, the platforming is much better, the item progressions seems like it happens at a quicker pace and I'm liking the new challenge rooms quite a bit. Easy to dip into, do a 10 minute run and jump back out too.

I'm leaning towards Guac 2 next, but maybe two metroidvanias in a row might be a bit much. Astroneer looks great though.

RTX ON

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Think this will be the first gaming subscription i'll keep as a recurring one. As long as MS feeds me the goods im happy to pay.

Although the beta app is a buggy piece of shit.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Tried playing some of the new games and ending up uninstalling after 15 playing them.

Astroneer was just annoying, Old Mans Journey was the same. The others were so forgetable and cack that i forget the names.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For some reason I had no idea all of these games got added to Game Pass and I thought it was just the four they showed at the press conference.

Downloading Supermarket Shriek, Shenmue, Astroneer, Guacamelee 2, Thimbleweed Park, Steam World Dig, Old Mans Journey and I'll try out the SoD Heartlsnd expansion.

I cannot believe how good Game Pass is and I'm now signed up until 2021 thanks to Ultimate!!

Deleted member 40853

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
So I'm guessing Game Pass PC is Windows only right? I know Microsoft also mentioned a remote play thing for Xbox (which I thought already existed?), any word on if that will be available for platforms other than Windows?

I have an X1X and use Linux on my laptop. Trying to determine if there is anything for me with the new announcements or if it's worth getting the Ultimate subscription

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the right place for Game Pass for PC questions?
When I download and try to install the Game Pass Xbox App (BETA) on one of our PCs, it says that the latest version of Windows 10 that includes support for this app isn't yet available for this device...but this PC is totally updated with the latest version of Windows. I am sad. Any advice?

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017
Side question (not worth starting a new thread just for this) - what are the chances of Sony feeling "intimidated" by GamePass and improve PS Now? To be honest I don't see them giving their first party away "for free" with the service though.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would bring back the 3 months of gamepass award, my points are building up.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Tried playing some of the new games and ending up uninstalling after 15 playing them.

Astroneer was just annoying, Old Mans Journey was the same. The others were so forgetable and cack that i forget the names.
Yea I didn't even bother lol. So much stuff I know I would delete asap, who has time for that?

But Metro Exodus looks fucking AMAZING in HDR. Fucking glorious

RickPresk

May 15, 2018
Just bought 3 months ultimate for £14.99 on amazon (UK) I presume when I redeem it it will consolidate my Gold and Game Pass I currently have stacked up?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody who haven't tried it yet needs to give Void Bastards a chance. So good. Perfect gameplay loop.

Deleted member 2379

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn good on microsoft with their conversion policy!

I had a year and a half left of prepaid Live and gamepass I had about 20 months left. For $1 I get an additional year and a half of Live, 17 additional months of console gamepass AND get PC for three years?

My remaining time got me maxed out at the 36 month limit.

Hell yes. Thanks for not screwing over people committed to the platform.

I had 12 months of Live prepaid and was month to month on gamepass. Did the conversion and for $1 I now have gamepass ultimate and all the trappings for the next 12 months.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Side question (not worth starting a new thread just for this) - what are the chances of Sony feeling "intimidated" by GamePass and improve PS Now? To be honest I don't see them giving their first party away "for free" with the service though.
I'm sure they will have a similar service ready for PS5. Maybe not all first party included, but something comparable.

Jun 4, 2019
I'd pay $10/month to every publisher if it meant I get Day 1 access to all their new games. That's like $50/month max. If MS can do it with their games, others should follow.

Tranquility

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks to the one who brought this to my attention. I only had live until march next year, now I have ultimate for 3 years from now for less than 2 yearly xbox live gold payments.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
upgraded my gamepass to ultimate for 1€, now i have it until January 2020. I could have extended more before I did it I guess, but there arent many deals around and my budget atm is for the switch sale tomorow / steam sale in a few weeks, so im good for now. I'm sure there will be Ultimate deals just like there was gamepass deals anyway.

Also, so many games dropped yesterday that it was almost like my first day 1 with gamepass all over again. It even dropped a few actually new releases didnt? That shopping cart game and the minecraft-looking top down rpg (Riverbond?) werent out as far as I know?

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It would be very expensive if they had to give games like God of War, Spiderman, Horizon with the service as of day one.

It depends how many people subscribe. Let's say God of War sold 10 million copies @ $60.00 each, which of course it didn't (because most people, like me, can't afford $60 games), but hypothetically. That's $600 million revenue. Now, if you have 100 million PS4 users and can get 50% of them signed up for a service that gives them God of War and Spiderman and Horizon at launch, that's $500 million per month, or $6 billion per year. Which is 10x what God of War made.

Obviously there are a million variables here, but I don't think Sony could lose money with that kind of offer. Even if say only 20% of people subbed to that service, that's still almost $3 billion per year, plus that would just mean more people paying full price for those games than if 50% of people were subbed to PS Now.

I think if Sony brought all their first party games day one to PS Now, they could get rid of a ton of the filler on that service, drop the price in half, and completely dominate the games subscription service model.

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
I already signed up for ultimate for a $1. Is it too late to go out and buy cheap XBLive and stack them? I'm SOL?

SpoonSpatula

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone experienced this issue yet: When I launch the new Xbox Beta app (for PC), it only allows me to log in with/create a Xbox username for the MS account that I linked during the initial W10 installation. It doesn't allow you to swap between different MS accounts like it does on the MS store.

Edit: Yay, found a workaround! After going through the process of signing up & creating a gamertag for the other MS account, the sign up process timed out, and then it gave me an option to try again or "switch accounts". The latter did the trick.

Last edited:

sarmonic

Oct 29, 2017
When I download and try to install the Game Pass Xbox App (BETA) on one of our PCs, it says that the latest version of Windows 10 that includes support for this app isn't yet available for this device...but this PC is totally updated with the latest version of Windows. I am sad. Any advice?

If the latest windows update is not showing up for you in settings then try downloading it via the windows update assistant. That is what I had to do in order to install the xbox app.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Gamepass is giving me anxiety right now.

So many games that I have trouble sticking with one.

How do you guys deal with backlog?

Guess I should choose the shorter single player stuff first and go from there. I should stop downloading everything all at once as well.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question, so when you get gamepass for PC how does that work for online? Are you strictly playing with gamers on the Microsoft store or can you play with friends on steam too? Just don't know how this works

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
It needs Windows update 1903. Sometimes you gotta click "check for update" and it might find it then.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Gamepass is giving me anxiety right now.

So many games that I have trouble sticking with one.

How do you guys deal with backlog?

Guess I should choose the shorter single player stuff first and go from there. I should stop downloading everything all at once as well.
I've totally found this too. I feel like a game gigolo, fooling around with a different game every night but not getting emotionally invested in anything.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, did not see this earlier but just saw in the app Momodora, guacamelee 2, moo lighter, the turning test, steamworld dig 2 and shenmue 1/2 added

Status
Not open for further replies.