• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I have 1903 on multiple PCs and I get the error that I have no devices that will allow the Xbox beta app, Game Pass PC beta app, or games like Into the Breach or Valkyria to install. No idea what to do to fix this.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
A friend of mine, who previously had no presence in the MS game ecosystem, tried buying the PC pass and downloading 1 game off the Store.
He had technical problems at literally every step, spent the entire evening dealing with and ended up giving up.

Me, I just upgraded my Gold to Ultimate and that was it, 1 click and a few more for confirmation.

They really need to make this easier and work better, many PC gamers will be doing this for the first time.

chechi

Dec 3, 2018
I still didnt make the jump to GP, but thinking about it. Could become my reason to return to Xbox. Great offer, maybe I need a new PC to get more out of it.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Tried Void Bastards two days ago, and it looks like it doesn't survive the xbox standby mode? It loaded again with a new character and that was really confusing.

Is this a bug?

IanVanCheese

Oct 25, 2017
I had a similar issue with Void Bastards, I was on an Ironman run, switched off for the night and it was gone the next day. I'd say just don't take any chances with it.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
A friend of mine, who previously had no presence in the MS game ecosystem, tried buying the PC pass and downloading 1 game off the Store.
He had technical problems at literally every step, spent the entire evening dealing with and ended up giving up.

Me, I just upgraded my Gold to Ultimate and that was it, 1 click and a few more for confirmation.

They really need to make this easier and work better, many PC gamers will be doing this for the first time.
If games are not downloading or are on a download>cancel>restart loop then he should try doing a Windows refresh. Worked for me last year when I couldn't get the store to download games.

Obviously you shouldn't have to do this but it's definitely one method.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
If games are not downloading or are on a download>cancel>restart loop then he should try doing a Windows refresh. Worked for me last year when I couldn't get the store to download games.

Obviously you shouldn't have to do this but it's definitely one method.

It took him hours to even get to the point of having the game show up and available to download.
First, he didn't even have Microsoft Store installed (even though it's supposed to be built in) and had to reinstall via PowerShell.
Then the app launched in hebrew, even though his Windows 10 never had that even as an option set.
Then the signup page for an xbox/live account kept switching between en-US/en-GB after every refresh/next step.
Entering a payment method gave him similar grief.
Several other problems after that, too, including Xbox companion app never really working (he found it's not even needed, after all - though it's claimed differently in certain parts of the signup process).

In the end Metro Exodus had a well-known bug which made it NOT SAVE PROGRESS, which of course we (I had this problem too) learned the hard way.

This is far from ready for prime time.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this has been a real pain for me. Spent some hours getting my xbox account to be the same as my microsoft pc account....downloaded Void Bastards, Slay the Spire and Banner Saga. Void Bastards and Slay the Spire give me an error when I try to launch them. I'm now trying to download Wargroove and it won't let me even download it. I'm completely up to date on my PC. Anyone else experiencing these problems?

Oct 29, 2017
As soon as Game Pass went onto PC, this thread has gone from discussion on games to half of the posts complaining about PC issues.

Reminded me why I'm so glad I got rid of my PC and just stuck with consoles where you know things work.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
As soon as Game Pass went onto PC, this thread has gone from discussion on games to half of the posts complaining about PC issues.

Reminded me why I'm so glad I got rid of my PC and just stuck with consoles where you know things work.
Lol well they have to use the shittiest store on PC so...

But I agree, I like the simplicity of consoles as well. And I like that HDR works too.

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017

Honestly, I wish there was a separate thread for PC Game Pass. This thread was great to come into and see what everyone was playing and had a nice chill vibe. Now, I can't say the same. Would a separate thread for PC Game Pass issues get shut down because of this one?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Man, this has been a real pain for me. Spent some hours getting my xbox account to be the same as my microsoft pc account....downloaded Void Bastards, Slay the Spire and Banner Saga. Void Bastards and Slay the Spire give me an error when I try to launch them. I'm now trying to download Wargroove and it won't let me even download it. I'm completely up to date on my PC. Anyone else experiencing these problems?

Yep...My PC just doesnt want to launch or play any games even though I am signed in the same account as my XBox...It asks me to pay 1 for the XBox beta...I am in the app,it looks great and everything...I am afraid if I click and complete that 1 dollar thing,it might convert or cancel my Ultimate,which is paid till May 2020...I guess I will give them a call if I cant figure it out today.

Honestly, I wish there was a separate thread for PC Game Pass. This thread was great to come into and see what everyone was playing and had a nice chill vibe. Now, I can't say the same. Would a separate thread for PC Game Pass issues get shut down because of this one?

Sorry about that,yeah this could be a good idea...

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017

Not entirely sure, but it shouldn't, although there's a thread about the new Xbox beta app. PM a mod and see what they say.

Totally agree by the way, I really don't want to see PC tech issues in this thread.

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017
Yep...My PC just doesnt want to launch or play any games even though I am signed in the same account as my XBox...It asks me to pay 1 for the XBox beta...I am in the app,it looks great and everything...I am afraid if I click and complete that 1 dollar thing,it might convert or cancel my Ultimate,which is paid till May 2020...I guess I will give them a call if I cant figure it out today.

I looked at the OP now. Gowans has done a great job at updating and maintaining this over time. I guess everything will go back to normal once the initial PC problems are resolved. I personally had no issues at all, so feel kind of bad for those who do.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017

Blame Microsoft for that. Many of these issues are because their store is so tied into Windows 10 that if Win10 is not just right their store shits the bed. I was hoping the Xbox beta app would cut that deep intertwining and act like most other storefronts, which don't have these problems, but it just seems a new front end for that trash.

With all that said I have only had problems with one game, Metro Exodus, and am loving game pass PC so far. With the future line up, I will be sticking around for the near future. Assuming I remain relatively problem free.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017

So I initially had this problem as well. When you log into the Xbox app, go to settings and account and make sure that only one account is listed and that is the SAME account you used to buy the Ultimate pass. I found out that I had used a microsoft account on their website, which was somehow a separate account from my xbox account. In the account section of the Xbox app, it showed two accounts. One being for gaming, and the other was a store account. This is why they weren't connected. I had to speak with microsoft support for like an hour and a half to get things sorted out, and it involved a lot of changing of emails etc. See if that's your problem.

Also, sorry for the people who are bothered by the tech issues posts. I want to be in here posting about what chill game I'm trying out also, but Microsoft launched something with a lot of problems. I'm just trying to see if someone else has had the same issues, and knows of a solution. When I've tried looking up answers elsewhere I just see a bunch of 'it's a beta, there's going to be problems". Of course, it is still in beta but man....I don't have these kind of problems with any of the other game launchers/store fronts on PC. It's very frustrating.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to try some of the games from Sunday's insane drop. Riverbond is relaxing and cute fun with voxels. The difficulty can get fairly tough at times but it's generally a good game for chilling. Momodora is a decent platformer/metroidvania, wasn't fan of it on a technical side as the hit detection and such seem kinda wonky. Supermarket Shriek is hilarious fun but a bit like Octodad or I Am Bread it can get a bit frustrating as the control method is not what I'd consider particularly comfortable. Still, these threewere definitely solid additions. Will try others soon enough.

Mise

Nov 2, 2017
Stacked Gold and Game Pass for 36 months total and converted to ultimate. I now have ultimate until 2022, easy.

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
how to play vr games in vr?
greas of war 4 crash and tell me i have to be connected to xbox live but i am. im speaking of pc game pass

Feb 15, 2018
Having a good time with Human Fall Flat. I love the way Game Pass encourages you to just try something different for an evening, see if you like it, and then continue with it or drop it with no remorse. Best innovation of this generation in my opinion (possibly tied with PSVR).

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Played Steamworld Dig 2 last night. Why is it asking access to my microsoft account?
I noticed this more and more with indie games like Video Kidd, Old Man's Journey and others.

FF9 also wants these permissions.
For full Xbox Live integration/functionality. It will show you online (on Xbox Live) and that you're playing the game, you will get Xbox Achievements, saves in the Xbox cloud (which will transfer to Xbox version of the game automatically too), ability to set up parties on Live etc.

I started Steamworld Dig 2 on the Xbox One. Loading up the PC version via Xbox Game Pass, it already has my save file loaded and I can continue where I left off. My Xbox friends can see that I'm playing it even though I'm playing on PC. And I still earn Achievements.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
I loved Steamworld Dig so I don't know why it took the game coming to Game Pass for me to finally try the sequel. It feels like a perfect sequel in every way.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
I gotta say the new Xbox app for PC is genuinely really nice.

only complaint would be that id like it to load all these images faster. Having like 32 games pop up at once and then slowly see them have the art pop in like a little train is kinda annoying. Its early and im sure making that as fast as possible is a priority/annoying but thats the only thing im eh about. I also had to restart it once since it locked up but I was also mid updating Windows stuff so ill just toss it up to that for now.

still early but im encouraged by what I see.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
xbox-game-pass-games-5wj5r.jpg

Miracle Ache

Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing Rare Replay, Dying Light, and Torment: Tides of Numenera on the Recently added section. Were these announced and I just missed them?

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Bridge Constructor Portal and Killer Instinct are also there.

Did Timbleweed Park also get announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.