• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2017
xbox-game-pass-games-5wj5r.jpg
Wait... Blair Witch is coming to game pass? I must've missed that info.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I must of missed that the new dlc for state of decay 2 is included with game pass also. I got a notification it was available from the game pass app on my phone.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
Is anyone able to download dying light? I can't for some reason. Everything else works fine though.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Games Leaving Xbox Game Pass for Console on June 30th
Games Leaving Xbox Game Pass for Console on June 27th
Gowans Suggestion for the OP is to make a similar tab as above and put it at the top of the page. TrueAchievements puts these lists out every month, so its good for people to have a heads up so they can finish the games before they leave.

what's the average time a game remains available on Game Pass... does anyone know?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'm seeing Rare Replay, Dying Light, and Torment: Tides of Numenera on the Recently added section. Were these announced and I just missed them?
Oh Lord, lol.

I just bought Dying Light last night. I'm not going to bother trying to get a refund, because I'm almost certain I've played it for more than 2 hours, and for 20 dollars for everything in the sale, I guess I can't complain too much.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
Oh Lord, lol.

I just bought Dying Light last night. I'm not going to bother trying to get a refund, because I'm almost certain I've played it for more than 2 hours, and for 20 dollars for everything in the sale, I guess I can't complain too much.
I know your pain, I had recently bought Shadow Tactics and Rare Replay. At this point it's hard finding games I want that aren't on game pass.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Yeah Guacamelee 2. Loved the first game.

Funny thing is I played the first game on PS4 ame Xbox One, and I stopped playing both right before the end. I should really finish it this time.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well i own all of these so that's some respite. I swear that i've been on a mission to finish off all the game pass games i'm interested in so i could lapse it and start on my owned games. I was almost there but this E3 killed that idea for the foreseeable future lol

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Well i own all of these so that's some respite. I swear that i've been on a mission to finish off all the game pass games i'm interested in so i could lapse it and start on my owned games. I was almost there but this E3 killed that idea for the foreseeable future lol
I hear you but at the rate they add good, new stuff it doesn't make sense to not pick up cheap subs. I'm only playing like 30% of the stuff they add and it's a great value at $30/6 months.

I purchase stuff like Sekiro, AC Odyssey gold edition, etc that I know they won't add.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hear you but at the rate they add good, new stuff it doesn't make sense to not pick up cheap subs. I'm only playing like 30% of the stuff they add and it's a great value at $30/6 months.

I purchase stuff like Sekiro, AC Odyssey gold edition, etc that I know they won't add.

Yeah after E3 and this Ultimate deal i subbed until April next year. I got like 14 months of combined gold/GP for 14 quid so that was a steal. I'm not sweating it for now but i really want to finish off what's there and then just play them as they come. I kinda get choice paraIysis. I know how my Steam library went and i want to avoid that lol

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I wish there was a separate thread for PC Game Pass. This thread was great to come into and see what everyone was playing and had a nice chill vibe. Now, I can't say the same. Would a separate thread for PC Game Pass issues get shut down because of this one?

I think since I doubt the games added will be 1:1, it makes sense to have a PC Game Pass thread. I just kind of realized that with the posts about new games being added and I'm not sure for which system.

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017
I think since I doubt the games added will be 1:1, it makes sense to have a PC Game Pass thread. I just kind of realized that with the posts about new games being added and I'm not sure for which system.
I'd just leave it up to OP's decision. They've been doing a great job on this OT for a long time.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty simple mechanically but me and the SO had a lot of fun with Supermarket Shriek, great drinking game.

Too many new games to play with that dump of titles from Inside Xbox. I feel sometimes like I need some sorta roulette system that shuffles things around every 30 minutes or so to get to experience more of the catalog. It feels like Steam sales all over again where most shit acquired just doesn't get played...and I know they got the stats to show that for the average player :p

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's pretty simple mechanically but me and the SO had a lot of fun with Supermarket Shriek, great drinking game.

Is it kind of like Overcooked? My fiance basically doesn't play any games these days that aren't either Overcooked or Jackbox. Do you think it's something that someone that doesn't play a lot of games could handle?

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017

Too many new games to play with that dump of titles from Inside Xbox. I feel sometimes like I need some sorta roulette system that shuffles things around every 30 minutes or so to get to experience more of the catalog. It feels like Steam sales all over again where most shit acquired just doesn't get played...and I know they got the stats to show that for the average player :p
I thought one of the funniest things was that there is actually a shuffle mechanic on the PC Game Pass. It chose The Gardens Between for me. (Which I played on the Xbox - and is great if anyone has not played it yet)

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's a PC game at heart, all the metros play like that tbh. I dig it though, adds to the realism. Well as realistic as a post apocalyptic game can get.
"Realism" lol

I just find it tedious tbh, especially how your character moves, it just feels clunky, and the way he slows down everytime there's a goddamn web... jesus. And also the "hold X to interact" is another thing I dislike. This game reminds me a bit of RDR2 in terms of how over-complicated simple things are. I'm still enjoying it overall, the atmosphere and graphics are top notch, but still, I wish it played better.

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Games Leaving Xbox Game Pass for Console on June 30th
Games Leaving Xbox Game Pass for Console on June 27th
Gowans Suggestion for the OP is to make a similar tab as above and put it at the top of the page. TrueAchievements puts these lists out every month, so its good for people to have a heads up so they can finish the games before they leave.
Thanks MauroNL, DONE!

Naru

May 11, 2019
Is this thread only for Xbox or PC too?
I just hope they will have mostly the same games for Xbox and PC pass, especially for upcoming games. I remember the PS+ situation where you had different games for EU and US. It always creates confusion and a situation where the other region/service gets all the cool games. Imagine both services were already out and Xbox gets Monster Hunter and Outer Wilds and PC some random Indie game...

Deleted member 40953

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
There's an absolute ton of games on here and I've no idea where to even begin.

Is there a list of recommended plays anywhere?

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Is this thread only for Xbox or PC too?
I just hope they will have mostly the same games for Xbox and PC pass, especially for upcoming games. I remember the PS+ situation where you had different games for EU and US. It always creates confusion and a situation where the other region/service gets all the cool games. Imagine both services were already out and Xbox gets Monster Hunter and Outer Wilds and PC some random Indie game...
Trying to have the op cover both, might need to update the way it's presented to be clearer tho.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The big games Forza 4, Sea of Thieves, Gears of War are they all expected to be there forever? Considering getting this for PC.

Yes, the implication is that these games will stay forever, at least until the licenses expire and need to be taken off or something. But we're not talking any less than 5 years for that eventuality probably, and the last time it happened (Forza Horizon 2), Microsoft did give the game away "for free" to Live Gold users. So in case of Horizon 4 disappearing off the marketplace in 4-6 years, you can probably get the game for a few bucks if not for free if you want to keep it. You should be more than safe.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The big games Forza 4, Sea of Thieves, Gears of War are they all expected to be there forever? Considering getting this for PC.
Yes - MS have not officially said they'll be there forever - but no-one can see a reason why they'd be removed.

From a money point of view a lot of sales are made at release, and MS have promised that all first party games will launch on gamepass at release...so once a game is a few months old there's no real incentive for MS to remove it. They won't make much money from sales but it will dent the reputation of gamepass.

Edit - what FairyEmpire said!

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes - MS have not officially said they'll be there forever - but no-one can see a reason why they'd be removed.

From a money point of view a lot of sales are made at release, and MS have promised that all first party games will launch on gamepass at release...so once a game is a few months old there's no real incentive for MS to remove it. They won't make much money from sales but it will dent the reputation of gamepass.

Edit - what FairyEmpire said!

The only certain thing we know is that the games that launched on Game Pass in Spring 2018 (Sea Of Thieves and State Of Decay 2) are still on the service and have never been taken away for a minute. Unless Microsoft's future plans change due to the subscriber numbers being low, this likely won't happen anytime soon. And well, there's millions of subs right now as said by MS, and at E3 they literally just doubled down on the concept by launching Game Pass PC and Ultimate, even including the most expensive digital edition of Gears 5 in the Ultimate version (which may lead the way for other games to join with their most expensive versions in the Ultimate tier). Microsoft also showcased 60 games at the conference, 36 of which are or will be on Game Pass at launch. They have a massive commitment to the service and it'd surprise me immensely to see any first party not launch on it or any of them leaving, unless the game gets delisted completely as it happened with Forza Horizon 2.

Feb 15, 2018
D4 was Microsoft published and has been / is being removed. This made me sad as its one of my absolute favorite games. Seems to be an exception to the rule though.

Status
Not open for further replies.