• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Played some Shadow of War and Rise of Nations yesterday. I couldn't play Shadow of War for too long, as it started feeling like busywork at some point. Played it for 2 hours and haven't even got an achievement yet.

Rise of Nations is a delight. It doesn't control well, it doesn't look great and time hasn't been kind to it for every aspect. But man, the concept still stands tall. Hope they do something with this IP in the future. Played a 1 hour match on a big map against a couple AI's. That feeling of superiority when you reach an age before your enemy. Glorious.

Dan8589

Banned
May 30, 2019
Do saves between the game pass games carry between pc and Xbox? I know FH3 did when I played it but that before this new app.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Played some Shadow of War and Rise of Nations yesterday. I couldn't play Shadow of War for too long, as it started feeling like busywork at some point. Played it for 2 hours and haven't even got an achievement yet.

Rise of Nations is a delight. It doesn't control well, it doesn't look great and time hasn't been kind to it for every aspect. But man, the concept still stands tall. Hope they do something with this IP in the future. Played a 1 hour match on a big map against a couple AI's. That feeling of superiority when you reach an age before your enemy. Glorious.
We played so much Rise of Nations back in the day, I'm still mad we never got a sequel :/

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Ooh, cricket on game pass yey.

Worth a shot.

Also people are complaining about this month when it has Slay the Spire in the list? Ok it's not the best of months but that's a great addition to the service.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Ooh, cricket on game pass yey.

Worth a shot.

Also people are complaining about this month when it has Slay the Spire in the list? Ok it's not the best of months but that's a great addition to the service.

Aye, Slay the Spire and Space Hulk are legit good games, former especially, and for everyone who likes good sport, Ashes Cricket is a great 'never buy but if it's on Gamepass...' kinda game (for me anyway).

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Never really heard about the Space hulk game. Is that the action one or the turn based one?

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
The good news of a weaker month is that we can finally play all of the other amazing titles. I don't think anyone on here has played everything that he or she is interested in on Game Pass.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Hm, I'm not having any luck downloading Downwell through the Xbox PC Game Pass launcher thing. Searching it and attempting to go to its store page through the app just brings up an error. I even went to just the Windows 10 store and tried downloading it there and it's just stuck on pending.

Is the game maybe not actually up for download yet?

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
Aye, Slay the Spire and Space Hulk are legit good games, former especially, and for everyone who likes good sport, Ashes Cricket is a great 'never buy but if it's on Gamepass...' kinda game (for me anyway).

Also all these games are in addition to Outer Worlds so its a great month really ..

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
The good news of a weaker month is that we can finally play all of the other amazing titles. I don't think anyone on here has played everything that he or she is interested in on Game Pass.

true, I still have

Prey
Wolfenstein II
Guacamelee 2
The Messenger
SteamWorld Dig 2
Night Call
Vampyr

and probably a few other games I'm forgetting, on top of my massive Steam backlog

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
true, I still have

Prey
Wolfenstein II
Guacamelee 2
The Messenger
SteamWorld Dig 2
Night Call
Vampyr

and probably a few other games I'm forgetting, on top of my massive Steam backlog

I'm already joking that Game Pass creates a second backlog for me. I still try to work through my purchased content primarily, but with some additions I'm reeeeeally intrigued to play them a little earlier, so I sometimes do. Or when a title like Hitman is leaving, I will make sure to jump in on time. And some of the titles you mention are also on my "second backlog list", so we'll surely get back to each other about those titles at some point :D

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
Great addition for the first part of August.

Slay the Spire is said to be awesome

Pandemic & JITB are cool additions. Party games are needed on the service.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
As much as I love cricket, I still know fuck all about certain things - bowling tactics especially, beyond the basics + swing etc. Ashes Cricket seems to have a fairly deep system for it. Definitely a Spotify/podcast game though. Aussie sports video game commentary is the worst of all possible worlds!

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
One 'drop' and the doom mongering begins? This is stuff in addition to everything there already, and you are not every user of Gamepass. Sheesh.
People commenting on the quality of the service they pay for now is 'doom mongering'

No one said Gamepass is a bad value, or anything like that. Just that this newest lineup of games added is not very good. I mean if you don't like card games it's literally fucking nothing.

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone have issues with performance on Metro Exodus for Game Pass? got this constant stuttering and i'm on a 1080, 16 GB of RAM and i7 4790, dont think it's supposed to be stuttering this much

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
People commenting on the quality of the service they pay for now is 'doom mongering'

No one said Gamepass is a bad value, or anything like that. Just that this newest lineup of games added is not very good. I mean if you don't like card games it's literally fucking nothing.

On PC, it's just a board game adaptation (Space Hulk) and Downwell for this week and next, and possibly nothing at all the week after that.

I won't bother speaking to Space Hulk, save that it's not my cup of tea personally. Downwell is a very popular and critically acclaimed game, not judging it based on the graphics or anything like that, but it's been on sale for $0.75 plenty of times and is only $3 even at full price, so it doesn't exactly add much to the Game Pass value proposition.

I'm not regretting prepaying for two years of Game Pass, mainly because I know there are compelling Day 1 indies and first-party games coming, but I still expect better outside those two categories than this.

EDIT: oh, and I see that Ashes Cricket, Pandemic, and Jackbox PP2 all have PC versions, but are console-only anyway. I don't know what contractual reason there might be for this stuff, and I don't care about any of those games specifically, but MS really needs to pursue console/PC parity whenever possible

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019

If this were regular, I'd be more inclined to agree. But this batch is fairly unique in being relatively niche (what if you do like card games? What if you like TBS? I do, for example), rather than the rule, and thus I feel like people should stop being a) so dismissive and b) impatient. You aren't paying for this batch only.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone have issues with performance on Metro Exodus for Game Pass? got this constant stuttering and i'm on a 1080, 16 GB of RAM and i7 4790, dont think it's supposed to be stuttering this much

Yes, same setup except 980Ti and it's unplayable even on lowest settings. Also crashes a lot. Definitely not worth all the troubles to get it to install lol.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
If this were regular, I'd be more inclined to agree. But this batch is fairly unique in being relatively niche (what if you do like card games? What if you like TBS? I do, for example), rather than the rule, and thus I feel like people should stop being a) so dismissive and b) impatient. You aren't paying for this batch only.
Dude you are stating the obvious here. I don't disagree.

However if this were regular, Gamepass wouldn't be popular at all. Yea I love Prey and Forza Horizon 4 and Monster Hunter and Shadow of the Tomb Raider too.... that doesn't mean this drop of games isn't any less disappointing. Trying to spin less good games as somehow a positive is baffling. We yay good shit, and nay bad shit. This is the circle of life.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Do all Game Pass games that I can play on both my PC and Xbox support cross saves or can I check for that somewhere?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Pandemic is pretty disappointing (really rough and no online multiplayer...means I'll just play the board game version when pals are over) but also addicting, because solo, it speeds up the game with auto shuffling and no set up.
  • For new players, there is no simple tutorial explaining how the game works or how individual turns work. There's four little tutorial missions that are really confusing for new players as they ask them to do things the game hasn't already taught them.
  • The game has crashed on me three times (but luckily saved progress of the games).
  • It doesn't help that it can be frustrating choosing the city you want to move to on a controller.
  • It just seems rushed - the achievement for "win a game on Standard Difficulty" requires that you bump up the difficulty twice in order to be on Standard. And funniest of all, it's not called "Standard Difficulty" in the menu. No difficulty is. Just goes to show that this game seems to be for those who are already intimately familiar with the game, but also just want to play solo? Which is...not many people I would assume?

Last edited:

ACellarDoor

Mar 4, 2019
As much as I love cricket, I still know fuck all about certain things - bowling tactics especially, beyond the basics + swing etc. Ashes Cricket seems to have a fairly deep system for it. Definitely a Spotify/podcast game though. Aussie sports video game commentary is the worst of all possible worlds!

I purchased the game few months ago and it is quite good. It requires patience initially but it does provide good enjoyment. Its more in the mold of EA Cricket 2004 than EA Cricket 2007.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Prey on PC Game Pass has full controller support and achievements. I thought they broke the controller support in the Steam version and didn't expect it to have achievements. Nice :)

krg

Oct 27, 2017
what's the deal with The Outer Worlds? do we have some sort of pre-load on PC? I'm asking because I can see the "Install" button.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Wait.
It just occurred to me that GP games you downloaded will remain playable even after they have been delisted ??
But why? Not that I'm complaining but I had no idea

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Wait.
It just occurred to me that GP games you downloaded will remain playable even after they have been delisted ??
But why? Not that I'm complaining but I had no idea

they dont stay there forever, they just give u a day or two extra if u have it installed ive found. It happened to me when I was playing mad max. It let me play for a couple days after it was removed, then i lost access to it.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Am I still able to convert gold into gamepass ultimate or has that ended?

Still going.
I just converted 26 months of gold which costed me a grand total of 72€ into 26 months of ultimate.

Had bought 36, but I forgot auto renewal added one month each time, so when I tried redeeming the code for the last 12 months I was told I exceeded the total amount of months I could stack up :(

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
they dont stay there forever, they just give u a day or two extra if u have it installed ive found. It happened to me when I was playing mad max. It let me play for a couple days after it was removed, then i lost access to it.

When did Megaman legacy collection leave GP? I think it's been a while, but it's still working for me

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
If true...DMC5, Life is Strange Episode 3, Blair Witch and Gears 5 within 5 weeks. Who claimed Game Pass was dying again?

Deleted member 34169

User requested account closure
Nov 23, 2017
Is Pandemic gone? I see reactions in this thread but it's not on my gamepass

Found it. Had to search in store for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.