• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

No f'n way, that would be crazy and truly compensate for the awful month so far.

One of the few games I was crazy exited about that I didn't bought at release and still haven't played at all, would be so perfect for me.

Edit:

4Aw03qv.jpg

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
The problem with Gamepass..is that it's too good. I too did not buy DMCV so getting it on Gamepass is amazing.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Gamepass..is that it's too good. I too did not buy DMCV so getting it on Gamepass is amazing.

It really is too good, and does bring some ''first-world problems''. My backlog grew exponetially since subbing, and it's got even worse since the PC version dropped

But having access to a lot of great games is a godamn good problem to have

tolman

Oct 29, 2017
Why this screen is in three (at least!) different languages?
I see english, polish and probably russian (can't read cyrillic).

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
It really is too good, and does bring some ''first-world problems''. My backlog grew exponetially since subbing, and it's got even worse since the PC version dropped

But having access to a lot of great games is a godamn good problem to have

Am just downloading every game I can and finish them right away. I did finish all the walking dead games, Incredible experience is the least I could say about them.

And just finished Battle chasers. One of the best games I've played. Really fell in love with it. On my second play through new game +. Hard as hell. If it weren't for Game Pass I wouldn't even hear or buy the game. So glad I subbed for 3 years ultimate.

Last edited:

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
May 15. That still working is definitely unusual. Wonder if any other games are getting missed after they're supposed to drop off?

Maybe it's a matter of playtime rather than days since it's been removed from the service ?
I've had Megaman legacy collection forever, but i don't think i've put more than 15 minutes in it

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
Holy cow, a remastered Wasteland and Bard's Tale Trilogy is AMAZING. I can't wait! Wasteland blew my mind when I played it as a 10 year old.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
Games shown on Microsoft's stage in 2018 from 3rd Party studios in GamePass

Games shown on Microsoft's stage in 2018 from Microsoft/ 2nd party studios in GamePass

Games shown on Microsoft's stage in 2018 from Microsoft/ 2nd party studios going into GamePass

• Battlefield V (Electronic Arts).
  • Black Desert (Pearl Abyss).
  • Crackdown 3 (Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive).
  • Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course (Studio MDHR).
  • Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt RED)
  • Devil May Cry 5 (Capcom).
  • Dying Light 2 (Techland).
  • Fallout 76 (Bethesda Game Studios).
  • Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive – World Premiere).
  • Gears POP! (iOS and Android Exclusive – World Premiere).
  • Gears Tactics (Windows 10 Exclusive – World Premiere).
  • Halo Infinite (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive – World Premiere).
  • Kingdom Hearts III (Square Enix).
  • Metro Exodus (Deep Silver).
  • Nier: Automata Become As Gods Edition (Square Enix).
  • Ori and The Will Of The Wisps (Xbox One And Windows 10 Exclusive).
  • PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Console Launch Exclusive).
  • Sea Of Thieves (Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive).
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Activision).
  • Session (Crea-Ture Studios).
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Square Enix).
  • Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc).
  • The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit (Square Enix).
  • Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (Ubisoft).
  • Tunic (Finji).
  • We Happy Few (Compulsion Games, Gearbox Publishing)

EA has/had EA access so probably we would not see Battlefield V or Jedi Fallen Order in GamePass but you never know.

Monster Hunter, Shadow of War, Life is Strange after the storm, Rise/ Shadow of the Tomb Raider, all appeared on Microsoft's stage before releasing.

Actually, I thought this was the case for a while but I always wondered what happened to Shadow of War, until today.

I posted the above Months ago now add Devil May Cry to the list!

Who is crazy now huh, who is cra...

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Which games are on your guys' Most Wanted List that you hope will make it to Game Pass during the rest of 2019? Here's mine:

Tier 1:
Resident Evil 2 Remake
A Plague Tale: Innocence

Tier 2:
Outlast 2
AC Rogue Remastered
Spyro
Firewatch
Walking Dead: Final Season

Tier 3
RAGE 2
Wolfenstein Youngblood

Johnohno

Hero of Bowerstone
Nov 6, 2017
I'm hoping for WWZ and Division 2 (lol) to coop with friends.

A Plague Tale would be great too!

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm hoping for WWZ and Division 2 (lol) to coop with friends.

A Plague Tale would be great too!
I think Horde has always had that "small zone with waves" thing going on and I am sure people would be happy with that but I also think that upping the scale won't be the surefire way for Horde success. I think it needs something a bit more, revolutionary. The Escape stuff seems like a fun, if simplistic, diversion away from the rest of the modes.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
ARK is worth the huge download size?

If you like crafting / survival it is definitly unique and worth a try. I found it pretty obtuse and had to watch beginner tutorials on youtube to even have a chance.

Even on One X though IMO performance was pretty rough, and the ui is micro small. It is play anywhere, so if you can I'd reccomend PC.

D.Dragoon

Mar 2, 2018
I was playing through Below. It is a really good game, very atmospheric, music on point but I am quitting. I died on level 9 made it back to where my corpse is supposed to be and it isnt there, I don't feel like refarming all those resources again just because of a bug. I did enjoy the time I had with it.

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
I was playing through Below. It is a really good game, very atmospheric, music on point but I am quitting. I died on level 9 made it back to where my corpse is supposed to be and it isnt there, I don't feel like refarming all those resources again just because of a bug. I did enjoy the time I had with it.
I don't think there has been a game as disappointing as BELOW where my inherent hype and general intuition has been so misplaced as to the real outcome. Just to be clear, I haven't played it yet but all the impressions/reviews just get me down every time I read them.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I don't think there has been a game as disappointing as BELOW where my inherent hype and general intuition has been so misplaced as to the real outcome. Just to be clear, I haven't played it yet but all the impressions/reviews just get me down every time I read them.

...I really would play it first. Reviews are helpful but they should never be taken over your own experience, particularly if you think the game had appeal and is pseudo 'free'.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Played the game on release and while it looks nice, I thought the game mechanics itself were pretty bad and frustrating. Didn't enjoy it at all, it also was buggy and I stopped playing pretty fast

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you like crafting / survival it is definitly unique and worth a try. I found it pretty obtuse and had to watch beginner tutorials on youtube to even have a chance.

Even on One X though IMO performance was pretty rough, and the ui is micro small. It is play anywhere, so if you can I'd reccomend PC.
It's too bad Conan: Exiles isn't on Game Pass--it's turned into one of the best survival games out there.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I swear that while different in game design, style, difficulty and all, Dead Rising 4 and Metal Gear Survive are so damn similar in terms of game experience for me. Both pretty unimpressive technically. Both have terrible dubs. Both are zombie-based and third person. Both have very unintuitive controls (Back as Start and Start as Back? fuck off). Both have endless consecutive cutscenes, even if you skip one you need to skip 3-4 more before you can play. I am happy I could try both with the Pass because I would have probably bought them for 10-15 Euros at one point, but I don't think I want to go beyond what I played so far. They are not good games.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Finished Ryse yesterday. While it was a pretty short ride, I enjoyed it a lot! Especially the two last chapters and their set pieces were fantastic.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How likely is Control to eventually show up on Game Pass? Seems like a perfect candidate, and I'd happily wait to buy it if I can just download it for "free" next year

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So i finally got around to ReCore. Was checking out the achievements and damn, less than 3% finished the main story. I assume that games on GP probably have a lower completion rate but even so, that was surprising.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Finished Ryse yesterday. While it was a pretty short ride, I enjoyed it a lot! Especially the two last chapters and their set pieces were fantastic.
Ryse is great, my favorite of the launch titles!
So i finally got around to ReCore. Was checking out the achievements and damn, less than 3% finished the main story. I assume that games on GP probably have a lower completion rate but even so, that was surprising.
The grind for the last boss in ReCore was pretty intense, and felt really unnecessary. I say "was" because supposedly that was fixed/patched with the definitive edition, which I haven't played.

Other than the end grind, I had a great time with ReCore and really hope to see the franchise and Joule return. I think there's a lot of potential there.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How likely is Control to eventually show up on Game Pass? Seems like a perfect candidate, and I'd happily wait to buy it if I can just download it for "free" next year

Impossible to say for sure, especially since Remedy and Microsoft don't seem super tight at the moment. My guess would be first half of 2020 for Game Pass. The problem (for me) is that first half of 2020 is the best of the entire gen with a ridiculous amount of incredible games. Second half should he crazy too. Control should be played in a slow year like 2019.

Deleted member 16365

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Impossible to say for sure, especially since Remedy and Microsoft don't seem super tight at the moment. My guess would be first half of 2020 for Game Pass. The problem (for me) is that first half of 2020 is the best of the entire gen with a ridiculous amount of incredible games. Second half should he crazy too. Control should be played in a slow year like 2019.

For me it's not slow once we get to Sept which means I was likely going to wait on Control anyway.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The grind for the last boss in ReCore was pretty intense, and felt really unnecessary. I say "was" because supposedly that was fixed/patched with the definitive edition, which I haven't played.

Other than the end grind, I had a great time with ReCore and really hope to see the franchise and Joule return. I think there's a lot of potential there.

Yeah i remember that from back then. On the other hand, the GP version is the Definitive Edition, so that shouldn't factor into it. I actually would like to see some stats on GP games regarding playtime and completion rates, it'd be interesting.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

If it tanks or doesn't do gangbusters at release, probably pretty quickly. Remedy and the publisher will want to recoup their costs.

I've preordered but this is me with Rage 2. I want to play and the price has dropped pretty significantly in the UK, but I can't help feeling its got to hit gamepass sooner rather than later.

If it does well, than they'll hold off but you never know. I'd say you wouldn't see it on GP till after Xmas.

edit: jesus at the spelling. I shouldn't post without wearing my glasses

Last edited:

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i remember that from back then. On the other hand, the GP version is the Definitive Edition, so that shouldn't factor into it. I actually would like to see some stats on GP games regarding playtime and completion rates, it'd be interesting.
The Definitive Edition uses the same achievements list as the original so the rarity of the achievements is directly influenced by anyone who has played any version of the game at any point in time.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
The Definitive Edition uses the same achievements list as the original so the rarity of the achievements is directly influenced by anyone who has played any version of the game at any point in time.
I'd honestly guess the rates of deep play are much lower. People check out games that aren't their usual jam just because they can. I know I do. I played Supermarket Shriek for an hour. It was cute and kind of fun. I'll never go back to it. It's not cute and fun enough to eat into my core games long term. But I'm glad I tried it.

This is me every month virtually every release except the ones I KNOW is never like or have the patience for. Ashen Cricket comes to mind here.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

Before the definitive edition, the grind to the end of the game was just annoying. Most friends of mine that played it and myself fell off really hard when you hit the multicolor orb wall.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I tried to play enough Ashen Cricket to get two achievements for the monthly rewards quest. Couldn't do it. No idea what was going on. I got some wickets. One of my sticks for knocked over. Sometimes my player ran after hitting the ball, but I have no idea what I was doing to make him run. Sometimes he ram when I held Y, other times when I moved the analog stick. Always seemed random.

I do not understand cricket.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday I had my first issue with game pass. On console, I got booted out from the game to the system interface several times while explaining that I've got to be online to play the game. I could resume the game most of the time but once it took minutes until I could play again.

It told me about setting up my home console, which I already have, but yesterday I couldn't check it out even, let alone set it up. Internet was obviously working and Xbox live too, as I could see friends online and shit.

Is this common?

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday I had my first issue with game pass. On console, I got booted out from the game to the system interface several times while explaining that I've got to be online to play the game. I could resume the game most of the time but once it took minutes until I could play again.

It told me about setting up my home console, which I already have, but yesterday I couldn't check it out even, let alone set it up. Internet was obviously working and Xbox live too, as I could see friends online and shit.

Is this common?
Think that was a live problem, it happened to me a couple of times yesterday while playing Apex.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017

Is this common?

There was some server outages that caused people to be unable to access digital games. First time I heard of it happening.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
It was annoying for me, playing a single player game, so it must have sucked for those on multiplayer.

Thanks for the replies, I hope it's not common. So far in my short experience with Xbox, live and gamepass I had had zero problems.

By the way, that raises a question. If I take my console offline for whatever reason, or my internet goes to shit, can't I access gamepass at all? Like, not even a day or fifteen minutes?

Iced_Eagle

Dec 26, 2017
It was annoying for me, playing a single player game, so it must have sucked for those on multiplayer.

Thanks for the replies, I hope it's not common. So far in my short experience with Xbox, live and gamepass I had had zero problems.

By the way, that raises a question. If I take my console offline for whatever reason, or my internet goes to shit, can't I access gamepass at all? Like, not even a day or fifteen minutes?

Whichever console you have set as your Home Console, can play anything for 30 days when offline. This includes Game Pass games.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I tried to play enough Ashen Cricket to get two achievements for the monthly rewards quest. Couldn't do it. No idea what was going on. I got some wickets. One of my sticks for knocked over. Sometimes my player ran after hitting the ball, but I have no idea what I was doing to make him run. Sometimes he ram when I held Y, other times when I moved the analog stick. Always seemed random.

There are tutorials you know ;)

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

It's pretty rare but ideally wouldn't happen at all.

I'd say there is a minor outage like this (servers down for a few hours), maybe once a year or so on average over the last few years...

Interspersed with that there might occasionally be a period where messaging goes down, or party invites stop working, but the core servers still work.

They've never had a major problem that lasted beyond 24 hours, afaik.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
100% on Guacamelee 2 last night. Great stuff and a worthy sequel to the original.

A few of the optional challenge missions were pretty tough but nothing too crazy.

Blazing Chrome next I think.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017

Create a character in Cricket Academy. Easy one.

Face 50 deliveries in the very first batting training. Just stand there and let them bowl 50 balls at you. Might take about 5 mins or so but go make a brew.

Status
Not open for further replies.