• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to play enough Ashen Cricket to get two achievements for the monthly rewards quest. Couldn't do it. No idea what was going on. I got some wickets. One of my sticks for knocked over. Sometimes my player ran after hitting the ball, but I have no idea what I was doing to make him run. Sometimes he ram when I held Y, other times when I moved the analog stick. Always seemed random.

I do not understand cricket.
I don't know why but this just got me.

It's like when I try to play American Football games. I see people running around, there's a ball involved, I hear the word Shotgun, and I have no idea what the hell anything is.

Glad to see that for once, I can see what it looks like from the other side. At least you didn't ask why Leg Before Wicket is a thing. Or what that even means.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
So the Ultimate Edition of Gears 5 which comes out a few days earlier is included with Games Pass Ultimate... is this Gears 5 Ultimate only on Xbox or will it be on PC too? Because in the Xbox App on PC it doesn't show included with XGP logo on the Ultimate Edition while the standard version does have the logo.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Started up Operencia: The Stolen Sun. I instantly loved the art style and narration in this title. Let's see how good the gameplay will be. I've read I'm on for quite a few puzzles, too. Just like Ashen and The Outer Wilds, these are three absolutely excellent console (now-)exclusive titles on the Game Pass program. More people should dive into these experiences.

Last edited:

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Does Ashen have puzzles? A lot of them? And how's the combat, loot and exploration on it? I'm debating what to start after I finish Vampyr tonight and whether it's Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Ashen, Ultimate Gears or some other thing.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Am putting so many hours into Battle Chasers it's crazy. On my second play through. I wouldn't even have heard of this game or buy it for that matter if it wasn't for XGP. My friends downloaded the game or bought it when they saw how much I've played it. Really loving it. One of the best experiences this gen. Finished all the walking dead games too. Too bad I didn't buy them when they released. Amazing games. Now am playing Shadow tactics. Highly recommended for those who loves strategy games.

dr.anderson

Jun 4, 2019
I wish Microsoft made a Switch style portable device where I can get Gamepass and play all these games. I have switch and love to play Indies on it, but wish had access to my gamepass library on a portable device.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
It has probably been answered in one of the 170 pages in this thread, but can i use a PS4 Controller with Gamepass PC? I want to try it out but i dont want to shell out the $60 for an xbox controller.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
It has probably been answered in one of the 170 pages in this thread, but can i use a PS4 Controller with Gamepass PC? I want to try it out but i dont want to shell out the $60 for an xbox controller.

Depends on the game.

Controller support really varies. Overall the controller experience is much better with an Xbox One controller tho.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
If you use DS4Windows then you can use your PS4 controller with any game. Even the touchpad works as a mouse. Would still recommend a XBO controller though.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Started up Operencia: The Stolen Sun. I instantly loved the artstyle and narration in this title. Let's see how good the gameplay will be. I've read I'm on for quite a few puzzles, too. Just like Ashen and The Outer Wilds, these are three absolutely excellent console exclusive titles on the Game Pass program. More people should dive into these experiences.

Operencia is AWSOME. Loved the graphics, gameplay, music and especially the polish. Oh and Great varied puzzles too

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does Ashen have puzzles? A lot of them? And how's the combat, loot and exploration on it? I'm debating what to start after I finish Vampyr tonight and whether it's Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Ashen, Ultimate Gears or some other thing.

I also would like to know more about ashen

What kind of game is it? Tried 30 min and it seems like some kind of stylistic dark souls clone with no-textures

Did not hook me and I am unsure what the game actually is? Is it linear? Not procedural?

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017

What kind of game is it? Tried 30 min and it seems like some kind of stylistic dark souls clone with no-textures

Did not hook me and I am unsure what the game actually is? Is it linear? Not procedural?
Ashen is an indie Souls game. I don't recall any puzzles. It uses the same stamina based combat that Souls is famous for, the same bonfire system, and the same death penalty. And it does a good job with it, but it is simplified. There are no swords, so every weapon is a club or a hammer or something like that. There is ranged combat but no magic. The map is broken up into 5 or so sections that are mostly linear but do allow for some exploration. There are a few huge dungeons that you have to get through, and they are very tense.

It has passive co-op where another player just sort of appears in your game to help you. You get an AI partner if there's no actual human to help you. There is no invading or anything like that.

One of the coolest differences between Ashen and Souls games is that in Ashen, you discover an abandoned town, and as you progress, the town gets built up and repopulated.

I loved the game.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

As far as I know it's not procedural, I think the value of the game is in exploration of the world. But I don't know much about inventory or progression systems, story or anything else really.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
Any Xbox Game Pass recommendations on couch co-op/competitive for a bunch of 10 year old boys? Overcooked's already a given, but more the merrier.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I made a mistake not buying Prey at launch. Reviews mentioned technical issues which made me skip it and later when that was fixed, I remember reading that patches created issues with the controller support in the PC version, so I ended up not supporting it. Big mistake, because it's pretty much everything I want from an immersive sim and glad that Game Pass reminded me of it.

Started up Operencia: The Stolen Sun. I instantly loved the art style and narration in this title. Let's see how good the gameplay will be. I've read I'm on for quite a few puzzles, too. Just like Ashen and The Outer Wilds, these are three absolutely excellent console (now-)exclusive titles on the Game Pass program. More people should dive into these experiences.

Operencia is good. The writing isn't the best, but the rest of it is very well made. A good amount of variety, especially in puzzles that keep changing to something new and usually stay solved, once you've completed them. You can't grind in it, because the monsters stay dead when you've beaten them, so if things get difficult remember to revisit older areas for secrets or maybe try mixing up your party. Characters certainly aren't born equal.

Jared

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing WarGroove and it's fantastic. Wish it was a bit deeper and allowed me to level up my units, but outside of that I couldn't be happier with it.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Any Xbox Game Pass recommendations on couch co-op/competitive for a bunch of 10 year old boys? Overcooked's already a given, but more the merrier.
Worms WMD went up recently. I loved Worms as a kid. They might as well.

Gang Beasts

edit:not on game pass :(
Human Fall Flat is. A couple weeks ago my little cousins came over and freaked out over it (apparently they watched streamers play it). I'm not sure if it supports 4 players, though.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
So I just got a 500MB update for Crackdown and a 700MB update for Gears of War 3.

Anyone know what they might be for? Is there any way to check patch notes on the system?

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So I just got a 500MB update for Crackdown and a 700MB update for Gears of War 3.

Anyone know what they might be for? Is there any way to check patch notes on the system?
It has happened to tons of backwards compatible ges in the past few weeks. No noticeable changes to any of them.

I think I had 3 or 4 360 games update today.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Space Hulk: Tactics and Where the Water Tastes Like Wine are now available on Game Pass PC.

Space Hulk has achievements, but Where the Water Tastes Like Wine currently does not.

Oo I've been interested in where the water tastes like wine. Would probably not ever buy it, but another one of those games that I am super happy to try out.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Ok guys quick question that needs a swift answer.

I'm going on a vacation trip next Monday. Until then, what should I play tonight and this weekend?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine (PC) is the surprise addition. The other two had already been announced for today.

Oh, great. What a surprise for me as console user... 🤷‍♂️

Separate GamePass games were an awful idea and here it shows again why. (I know that they can't really avoid it, well, maybe kinda with keeping that to the PC Twitter account, but generally, I know)

KentBlake

Oct 27, 2017
Ashen is an indie Souls game. I don't recall any puzzles. It uses the same stamina based combat that Souls is famous for, the same bonfire system, and the same death penalty. And it does a good job with it, but it is simplified. There are no swords, so every weapon is a club or a hammer or something like that. There is ranged combat but no magic. The map is broken up into 5 or so sections that are mostly linear but do allow for some exploration. There are a few huge dungeons that you have to get through, and they are very tense.

It has passive co-op where another player just sort of appears in your game to help you. You get an AI partner if there's no actual human to help you. There is no invading or anything like that.

One of the coolest differences between Ashen and Souls games is that in Ashen, you discover an abandoned town, and as you progress, the town gets built up and repopulated.

I loved the game.

It's really good, and much easier than souls games. That is, until the final boss, which was a huge difficulty spike for me, and has a very long and annoying boss run. I almost quit at the final boss (it would be the first time ever for me), but then I kept trying until I beat it. Still like the game, but really hate this final boss.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Man, Pandemic is straight trash. I say that as someone who loves the board game, and just played it last weekend. Everything from moving the cursor to even just seeing the UI on my TV is completely busted. It doesn't let you select how you want to travel. Like in Pandemic you can either move one space, or use a card to travel to a different space, or use an ability to move to a different space, and in this version you don't have the choice of which one of those you do at a given time. It sucks. It is the worst game they have ever released on Game Pass and that's probably why it's not even showing up under "Recent Additions" on the XBOX GP storefront. The lack of online multiplayer too is just like wtf, but you really wouldn't want to play this online, or period until they make some serious changes to the game. Hopefully someday they'll fix it and it'll be worth playing, but it is not worth downloading or booting up even once. Save yourself the disappointment.

Tyvan

Oct 27, 2017
Georgia
Man, Pandemic is straight trash. I say that as someone who loves the board game, and just played it last weekend. Everything from moving the cursor to even just seeing the UI on my TV is completely busted. It doesn't let you select how you want to travel. Like in Pandemic you can either move one space, or use a card to travel to a different space, or use an ability to move to a different space, and in this version you don't have the choice of which one of those you do at a given time. It sucks. It is the worst game they have ever released on Game Pass and that's probably why it's not even showing up under "Recent Additions" on the XBOX GP storefront. The lack of online multiplayer too is just like wtf, but you really wouldn't want to play this online, or period until they make some serious changes to the game. Hopefully someday they'll fix it and it'll be worth playing, but it is not worth downloading or booting up even once. Save yourself the disappointment.
100% agreed with everything you said. Coming from a huge board game nerd, this is super disappointing.

The Wraith

Oct 27, 2017
Am putting so many hours into Battle Chasers it's crazy. On my second play through. I wouldn't even have heard of this game or buy it for that matter if it wasn't for XGP. My friends downloaded the game or bought it when they saw how much I've played it. Really loving it. One of the best experiences this gen. Finished all the walking dead games too. Too bad I didn't buy them when they released. Amazing games. Now am playing Shadow tactics. Highly recommended for those who loves strategy games.
Battle Chasers is an amazing game. I loved it so much that I bought it for my Switch when it came out, neat the game, then bought it again on my Xbox and played it again. I love that game so much. I hope they make a sequel.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
It's really good, and much easier than souls games. That is, until the final boss, which was a huge difficulty spike for me, and has a very long and annoying boss run. I almost quit at the final boss (it would be the first time ever for me), but then I kept trying until I beat it. Still like the game, but really hate this final boss.
Yeah, the last boss is a big spike. It has a difficulty more in line with the optional end game bosses in a Souls game, rather than a main boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.