• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Man, Pandemic is straight trash. I say that as someone who loves the board game, and just played it last weekend. Everything from moving the cursor to even just seeing the UI on my TV is completely busted. It doesn't let you select how you want to travel. Like in Pandemic you can either move one space, or use a card to travel to a different space, or use an ability to move to a different space, and in this version you don't have the choice of which one of those you do at a given time. It sucks. It is the worst game they have ever released on Game Pass and that's probably why it's not even showing up under "Recent Additions" on the XBOX GP storefront. The lack of online multiplayer too is just like wtf, but you really wouldn't want to play this online, or period until they make some serious changes to the game. Hopefully someday they'll fix it and it'll be worth playing, but it is not worth downloading or booting up even once. Save yourself the disappointment.
Agreed with everything you said (and an awful tutorial), except...I still find myself booting it up, because despite the clunkiness of the UI and infuriating thing where you aren't able to choose how you move to some cities, Pandemic still rules as a base game and I shamefully boot it up sometimes for a quick fix. I'm not proud of it, but it is what it is. Hah.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, nobody told me driving trucks out of the mud and driving off cliffs was that addictive (mudrunner).

Based on comments here I'll play Edith Finch (maybe this weekend) and Ashen next. And maybe Shadow of Tomb before that.

Feb 15, 2018
Man, Pandemic is straight trash. I say that as someone who loves the board game, and just played it last weekend. Everything from moving the cursor to even just seeing the UI on my TV is completely busted. It doesn't let you select how you want to travel. Like in Pandemic you can either move one space, or use a card to travel to a different space, or use an ability to move to a different space, and in this version you don't have the choice of which one of those you do at a given time. It sucks. It is the worst game they have ever released on Game Pass and that's probably why it's not even showing up under "Recent Additions" on the XBOX GP storefront. The lack of online multiplayer too is just like wtf, but you really wouldn't want to play this online, or period until they make some serious changes to the game. Hopefully someday they'll fix it and it'll be worth playing, but it is not worth downloading or booting up even once. Save yourself the disappointment.
That's disappointing. Was going to play it with the wife and then pick up the board game (possibly legacy) if she liked it. Sounds like this would not make the first impression on either of us that is desirable or representative.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
installed sunset overdrive on my pc despite knowing it was below performance level (hoping to squeeze it out on super minimum) and boy oh boy, i've never had my computer lock up like that before

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yup. Deleted it after 20 minutes. The game can't even be bothered to explain the most basic things and the UI is one of the worst i ever came across.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
So I was excited that Water tastes like Wine was added because it was on my steam wish list.

I boot it up and there's no title screen, it just goes straight to the intro and shows some poker hand with a feather falling and then there is a pause where the player is supposed to select "Go to house" but none of the keyboard buttons work and my mouse cursor doesn't exist and even trying to use a DS4 controller with DS4windows I can't do anything.

So the game basically is frozen and unplayable at the start.

There was a thread about how frustrating it is that so many of these PC games, which almost always run fine in Steam, running through Games for Window have all kinds of game breaking issues that sometimes make them completely unplayable. I don't know what the heck is wrong with the Games for Windows wrapper they use but they gotta fix this stuff.

[Game goes back on Steam wishlist]

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Ok, with some fidgeting around I got it working with the gamepad. Still can't use KB+M but I guess this will do.

Jornax

Nov 17, 2017
Man, Pandemic is straight trash. I say that as someone who loves the board game, and just played it last weekend. Everything from moving the cursor to even just seeing the UI on my TV is completely busted. It doesn't let you select how you want to travel. Like in Pandemic you can either move one space, or use a card to travel to a different space, or use an ability to move to a different space, and in this version you don't have the choice of which one of those you do at a given time. It sucks.

IIRC, I came across the same problem when I first played it last weekend with a friend of mine who had already played the board game several times (I hadn't). After a while we figured out that when there's multiple options for doing something (selecting routes for getting from point A to point B, or using city cards to teleport), you can cycle through the options available with LB/RB. Maybe you already figured that out and still had these problems, in which case I can't be of any further assistance.

Funnily enough, the "default" option that the game offered us in these cases was almost always the worst one to do in alignment with our strategies.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Blazing Chrome ruled.

Def check that out if you've got fond memories of the stuff that inspired it.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I love Gamepass I just whish games on PC would also be on the XBox...I saw Space Hulk Tactics yesterday on the PC app but I am bordeline on the requirements(I still have a 660,my PC is 7 years old) so I went looking for it on the X this morning and its not there(I think it never came out on the Xbox though)...going to check later.

Game Pass for PC: How does one confine GP to a folder on PC?

I refuse to let Game Pass for PC take over an entire drive.

It's right in the settings...define where this app installs games by default.

Oct 27, 2017
It's right in the settings...define where this app installs games by default.

You only get the drive root, it shits all kinds of folders in it and I think it is a safe bet that most people would prefer Xbox Games folder to quarantine all the folders/files from Xbox Beta App.

Tried playing "Where the Water Tastes like Wine", what a pointless game. The initial pitch of traveling and hearing stories was nice, but everything just fell apart once I discovered the quality and length of those stories, let alone the gameplay is a literal walking simulator.

Music was nice tho, the narrator's voice too.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You only get the drive root, it shits all kinds of folders in it and I think it is a safe bet that most people would prefer Xbox Games folder to quarantine all the folders/files from Xbox Beta App.
It only does a "WindowsApps" folder containing games and apps, in no way "it shits all kinds of folders" !?
You can even move the games from one drive to another via System Settings.

Oct 27, 2017
It only does a "WindowsApps" folder containing games and apps, in no way "it shits all kinds of folders" !?
You can even move the games from one drive to another via System Settings.

I got Delivery Optimization, WUDownloadCache, Program Files, Windows10Upgrade and WindowsApps installing the Xbox Beta App. If I remember correctly, the App requested the Widows Update when I wanted to install it, so perhaps Windows just sent all the data for Windows Update to the D drive and never cleaned any of the temp files?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got Delivery Optimization, WUDownloadCache, Program Files, Windows10Upgrade and WindowsApps installing the Xbox Beta App. If I remember correctly, the App requested the Widows Update when I wanted to install it, so perhaps Windows just sent all the data for Windows Update to the D drive and never cleaned any of the temp files?
It may be that, I don't have all those folders on my games' HDD, except "Program Files" which contains a "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder which is empty.
Try the cleaning tool in the System Settings, or in the drive's properties.

You can also disable Delivery Optimisation (in Windows Update's advanced settings) if you have only one Windows 10 device on you network (it can share already downloaded files to other PCs without having to redownload all, it gets emptied after a few days).

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any good source to see what is available on PC Game Pass without the Xbox only games in there? I have the mobile app but I've found it unreliable, with games listed as being on Xbox only that are actually available on PC too. When browsing the Microsoft Store on my PC it's possible to view all the Game Pass games but that includes Xbox games too so I have to click on each individual one to see if I can download it. It's really frustrating.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Is there any good source to see what is available on PC Game Pass without the Xbox only games in there? I have the mobile app but I've found it unreliable, with games listed as being on Xbox only that are actually available on PC too. When browsing the Microsoft Store on my PC it's possible to view all the Game Pass games but that includes Xbox games too so I have to click on each individual one to see if I can download it. It's really frustrating.

Download the Xbox beta app, only PC gamepass to download.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Man, am having a blast with XGP.
Never ending enjoyment, new experiences I would never have without XGP. Best service ever.
Thank you Xbox!

Any new rumors about the incoming games beside DMCV?

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ooo My Time At Portia is finally up, I'm glad I didn't bite the bullet during the Steam or eShop sale. Thank you Microsoft!

Aphotic

Oct 25, 2017
Currently playing through Wolfenstein 2: TNC via Game Pass and I feel like this game is way better than expected based on user/forum reviews. It's a shame I had avoided it until now.

King_Britain

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Been loving game pass PC but recently had an issue with it. Nothing will download/update on it now as everything stays queued. I've tried cancelling them, uninstalling but they just refuse to download and just say queued.

Anyone had any experience dealing with this?

Last edited:

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Old Man's Journey is a hidden gem, I had never heard of it before last week and came across it in Game Pass and thought I'd give it a shot.

Loved it!

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Me too, but it unfortunately won't happen. I mean the base game looks fantastic on the og Xbone, but utilizing the power of X1X we could get real visual treat.

The aliasing is just so bad even on the X since it's just rendering at the OG Xbone resolution. It's a damn shame.

Also, you can tell it's very much a UE 3.5 title.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I just started Metro Exodus and did i miss something or does Artyom walk really slow. Like i'm talking snails pace here. I don't remember him being that slow in the other games, it's driving me nuts. His walking pace is like crouching in other games. I know that you can run, but that seems like running in other games so way too fast when you just want to walk normal.

I'm a bit confused. Is it a design decision?

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I thought the level design wasn't good. Multiple times I got confused where I had to go and I didn't experience that in the first game.

It was the same for me. The level design was too simple and everything looked the same. Like they took too much inspiration from the old Wolfenstein games. It was also completely forgetable.

Status
Not open for further replies.