• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Count me in with the crowd that hated the level design in TNC. So many frustrating moments just looking for wherever they wanted me to go.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I just started Metro Exodus and did i miss something or does Artyom walk really slow. Like i'm talking snails pace here. I don't remember him being that slow in the other games, it's driving me nuts. His walking pace is like crouching in other games. I know that you can run, but that seems like running in other games so way too fast when you just want to walk normal.

I'm a bit confused. Is it a design decision?

I gave up almost immediately because of it (mask wiping also felt annoying). Don't know if it gets upgraded later on, but I just couldn't stand it in the beginning.

topplehat

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Yeah actually I can see that about the level design in TNC - levels did not have a good sense of "flow" at all. I enjoyed the setting/visuals and over the top story more than anything else.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
I gave up almost immediately because of it (mask wiping also felt annoying). Don't know if it gets upgraded later on, but I just couldn't stand it in the beginning.

My Exodus tale of woe, I spent 1 1/2 hours in a chapter, I got to the endpoint at the chapter's "boss"(people say this game doesn't have bosses) and the game glitched the boss, then it SAVED and so when I go to load, thanks to the games ONE SAVE(YOLO) "press continue to load" system, the game crashes to dashboard and I can't access any prior checkpoints. I quit at that point.

Besides your observation the AI is really bad mid way in the game.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
It really is. I can't believe the people who still feel like RE4 is the apex of the games. Its a fine game but it's so old fashioned, not unlike tank controls vs RE4 when it came out. RE5 does wonders for the movement and 6 is just perfect.
It's probably nostalgia bullshit

Like, you even need to go the fucking menu to switch weapons.

Raskol

Sep 5, 2018
Is Vampyr broken on Game Pass now? Nothing happens when I try to launch it. Uninstalled it so I can redownload it, and it won't even start downloading either.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My subscription ends on Friday. I'll miss it, but I'm going to let it lapse until I finish fire emblem or another great deal pops up

Raskol

Sep 5, 2018
Been playing Vampyr for the last few weeks, refused to launch today. Reinstalled it, got an error code at the end of the download. Rebooted the PC, game now launched properly, except now the save file has been deleted. I wonder why I never fucking bothered dealing with this piece of shit store.

This just happened to me. Extremely frustrating. Dozens of hours down the drain and I guess I won't see the end of Vampyr. Probably not going to resub again to Game Pass.

Nov 8, 2017
It really is. I can't believe the people who still feel like RE4 is the apex of the games. Its a fine game but it's so old fashioned, not unlike tank controls vs RE4 when it came out. RE5 does wonders for the movement and 6 is just perfect.

There's more to these games than the movement which is the only part that I could conceivably say feels slow or unusual in RE4. RE5 still won't let you move and fire at the same time, the strafing is the only advantage you have there, it's otherwise sort of the same game but with worse enemies (assault rifle zombies being the nadir), worse scenarios, and (dramatically) worse bosses. The El Gigante turret battle is a particular lowlight early on but stuff like the Jill fight is also just plain bad. Plus frustrating inventory management caused by the dramatically more limited 9 slot system. You can't even pick up and combine a herb with another herb in your inventory unless you have a spare space, which is taking the absolute piss.

RE6 also has a terrible inventory while we're on that subject and there wouldn't be enough time in the day to truly get across the degree to which I cannot sanction the buffoonery of holding it up as a better game than RE4. In the last 3 months I've played RE6 (Leon campaign coop), RE5 (coop) and RE4, and nothing changed from my initial assessments - RE4 is like a phenomenal game with a few flaws, RE5 is a decent game, and RE6 is a bad game.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone used the £1/$1 upgrade from Gold to GamePass Ultimate recently. Does the up to 3 years thing still work?

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
There's more to these games than the movement which is the only part that I could conceivably say feels slow or unusual in RE4. RE5 still won't let you move and fire at the same time, the strafing is the only advantage you have there, it's otherwise sort of the same game but with worse enemies (assault rifle zombies being the nadir), worse scenarios, and (dramatically) worse bosses. The El Gigante turret battle is a particular lowlight early on but stuff like the Jill fight is also just plain bad. Plus frustrating inventory management caused by the dramatically more limited 9 slot system. You can't even pick up and combine a herb with another herb in your inventory unless you have a spare space, which is taking the absolute piss.

RE6 also has a terrible inventory while we're on that subject and there wouldn't be enough time in the day to truly get across the degree to which I cannot sanction the buffoonery of holding it up as a better game than RE4. In the last 3 months I've played RE6 (Leon campaign coop), RE5 (coop) and RE4, and nothing changed from my initial assessments - RE4 is like a phenomenal game with a few flaws, RE5 is a decent game, and RE6 is a bad game.
At least in RE5 you can switch weapons with the d-pad lmao

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Unavowed is super cool so far.

Gonna keep chugging along tonight. I'm past the intro I think.

Yeah I'm picking away at it right now. Early days still but all of the puzzles so far have felt super intuitive which is unusual for point and click. It does actually feel as if my conversation decisions are having some bearing on the story as well, although this may all be smoke and mirrors. Interested to see how it holds up over the full length.

sQr

Jun 28, 2019
Slay the Spire is now available for Xbox One ( also included with Xbox Game Pass ).

Can't wait to get home. ^^,

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Yeah I'm picking away at it right now. Early days still but all of the puzzles so far have felt super intuitive which is unusual for point and click. It does actually feel as if my conversation decisions are having some bearing on the story as well, although this may all be smoke and mirrors. Interested to see how it holds up over the full length.

I finished it this past weekend. One of the best adventure games I've played in years and I can confirm you conversation choices do have some impact later. Great puzzles and fun, campy story throughout.

Oct 25, 2017

I will acknowledge this but also admit that RE4's Saddler music is probably my favorite RE cut.

Hits all the high points. Even tops all of the tracks in Nemesis, my honest-to-goodness fave

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Slay the Spire is up for Xbone now, so I started that last night. I know it's been out awhile elsewhere now, but don't sleep on this game - it's honestly really special. If you're into rogue-lites, card battlers, or both, definitely check it out.

Have only got a couple runs in so far, but was able to beat the boss with the Ironclad on my second run with them (third run overall, as I tried the second character for fun in the middle). Seems like there's a ton to unlock and do here, so I'm eager to get back in there and see more.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Kind of amazing to be playing the original Bard's Tale games on a controller. Long way from the old Apple II GS keyboard (typing in spell names manually from a cheat sheet).

There's some cool updates in this Trilogy release, with the actual 3D city/dungeons making navigation much easier. Spell points regenerate over time, and empty buildings can have info/lore and items in them now (instead of generally just being used to farm encounters...though that still works). Certainly not the "original" experience but I can live with a simpler version these days.

I'm not sure how people would feel about these games without the nostalgia that I have...they are pretty old-school dungeon crawlers otherwise. Operencia is a more modern experience, as is Stranger of Sword City (though that's not on Game Pass). But I'm enjoying it. Looking forward to finally trying out BT4 very soon as well.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Count me in with the crowd that hated the level design in TNC. So many frustrating moments just looking for wherever they wanted me to go.
I'm taking the thread back a bit - but this - felt really weird to be lost in a modern game. Usually people are sticking yellow drapes over climbable areas or spotlights on gaps in walls.

Story was amazing - most bonkers I have seen in a long time - but the shooting and running was not so fun. Will buy the next one straight away though!

Going to try out slay the spire now

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Damn it. Did I lie? Did I buy this game in a fever dream one night? Well, sorry for the confusion. Game Pass means I buy so few games nowadays that I assume that every game I play is on game pass XD.

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
So what the hell happened to Yoku's Island Express which was announced to be coming almost 2 months ago?

It appears this question has made things happen! Magic.

Yoku's Island Express is now listed in the 'recently added' section of the Game Pass app (along with Life is Strange 2 Episode 3). Downloading!

Edit: the next batch of departures have been added to 'leaving soon' as well. RIP soon to the following:

- Garou Mow
- Hue
- Inner Space
- Manual Samuel
- A World of Keflings
- A Kingdom for Keflings
- Alien Hominid HD
- BattleBlock Theater

Last edited:

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol ok who in this thread happens to be in charge of flipping the game pass switches?

Awesome news tho I was looking forward to it

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yoku's island is awesome - i highly recommend it! It's got some cool secrets to find and the music is really really funky/chill.

A very mild spoiler that's handy to know early game, if you want to get all the achievements:-
in each pinball section you'll see little scarabs/beetles hidden in the wall. Doing certain specific things in that pinball section will make it open it's wings....do it again and they open a little wider. Re-do that thing until the wings fully open and fruit pops out. There's an achievement for getting them all and it's just a bit tedious to go back and do them once you're further into the game

Good luck postmasters!

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It appears this question has made things happen! Magic.

Yoku's Island Express is now listed in the 'recently added' section of the Game Pass app (along with Life is Strange 2 Episode 3). Downloading!

Edit: the next batch of departures have been added to 'leaving soon' as well. RIP soon to the following:

- Garou Mow
- Hue
- Inner Space
- Manual Samuel
- A World of Keflings
- A Kingdom for Keflings
- Alien Hominid HD
- BattleBlock Theater

Thanks, I'll play Manual Samuel before it's removed. It's only 3 hours or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.