• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
Hello people.

Right.....so why is Gamepass Ultimate cheaper than regular Gamepass? I have the choice of Gamepass for 3 months for £7.99 or Gamepass Ultimate for 2 months for £2.

I'm not complaining this just seems odd! Also can you stack at this price or is it a a time purchase at this deal?

The answer is no you can only buy it once. Alrighty I expected that.

Last edited:

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
So nobody knows if you can migrate games from an old pc to a new one without redownloading like on Steam?

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Hello people.

Right.....so why is Gamepass Ultimate cheaper than regular Gamepass? I have the choice of Gamepass for 3 months for £7.99 or Gamepass Ultimate for 2 months for £2.

I'm not complaining this just seems odd! Also can you stack at this price or is it a a time purchase at this deal?

The answer is no you can only buy it once. Alrighty I expected that.
Because they want everybody on Ultimate. Eventually I'd wager it'll be your only option. And the $1 deals to extend forever is trying to make sure we stay in the ecosystem as we jump to next gen. Plus everyone I know is sick of me blabbing about how great GP is, so free advertising via word-of-mouth.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Ape Out is fun. Probably too hard for me to get anywhere near finishing it, but I played through the first few levels and it's a nice pick-up-and-play game that nails its audiovisual presentation and core mechanics.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
This functionality exists on Xbox, but I doubt it's there on Xbox PC. however, is there any Windows functionality to allow local transfer?

Ya, I like how easy it is on the Xbox. You can literally move an external HDD from one system to another and it'll just recognize the content on it. On the PC, I can see if you go to the Add/Remove Program section, there's an option to move, but I believe that will only copy it to another drive. The problem is when you move it to an external device, how do you get it recognized on the new computer? It certainly won't think it's installed as far as Windows is concerned. Will trying to install it again just suddenly detect it when it notices there's content where it wants to save it? I'd really like to avoid having to download hundreds of GBs of games again when moving to this new PC but I'm fearing I won't have any choice.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
I was going to download Gears 4 to checkout before 5 came out.... BUT IT'S 133 gigs on PC.... Like.... How???

Same here, I finally went and got gamepass on PC, then found out that even the ~120 GB I had free wasn't enough. After giving DA:I the boot I was initially a bit bored by the prologue, but chapter 1 so far has some intriguing locations and characters.

The big install size kinda goes against Gamepass' biggest strength - quickly download and play all kinds of games to see what they're about - but I can't complain about Microsoft putting their big triple-A titles on the service, of course.

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
I need help.
I have Metro Exodus on ultimate gamepass and I've bought DLC today.
I've installed it and when I start the game, I get a message that it's possible to play DLC.
However, when I try to select DLC option, I am taken out of the game and sent to the Microsoft Store (and it says that I own the game).

Ok, i am an idiot :D. I've been selecting the wrong option.

Last edited:

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I installed Kingdom come earlier. when I tried to start it, It then said there is an update of 3.2GB. Ok, shouldn't the most up to date game been downloaded anyway?

I'm now trying to play it and another update is downloading of 15GB.

I'm either unlucky, or there were 2 updates shorty after I downloaded the game

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Kingdom Come Deliverance is banned in Australia. It appears on the Game Pass store front, though when you click it you get directed to an error page.

I found that it is still listed on the Microsoft Store. If you open that up and search for the game you can download it through there as long as you are logged in. I guess they forgot to pull it from that storefront.

So, if any Australians want to play it, that's how you can.

Edit: It seems like Ape Out and Age of Empires is directing to the same error page.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Stellaris can be difficult to get in to but when it starts to click it's rather fun. I put it down at first because I wasn't getting my head around it but I went back and understood it better. Just built my first colony on a habitable planet and have a bit of an alliance with a race I discovered.

Oct 28, 2017
Kingdom Come Deliverance is banned in Australia. It appears on the Game Pass store front, though when you click it you get directed to an error page.

I found that it is still listed on the Microsoft Store. If you open that up and search for the game you can download it through there as long as you are logged in. I guess they forgot to pull it from that storefront.

So, if any Australians want to play it, that's how you can.

Edit: It seems like Ape Out and Age of Empires is directing to the same error page.

I get the "Sorry, Partner!" error when I select Age of Empires on Xbox (Beta) app, But I can play the game by installing it from the Microsoft Store App and then run Age of Empires like any normal app.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Just wrapped up the main story in Devil May Cry V

Really fun game and visually super nice on X. Took me back to when I was playing the first game on PS2 all those years ago.

I don't think I'll bother with Deliverance. Maybe I'll jump back into Ashen or start the DLC for FH4

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Currently playing through Wolfenstein 2: TNC via Game Pass and I feel like this game is way better than expected based on user/forum reviews. It's a shame I had avoided it until now.

The story is much better. But the gunplay and enemy encounters felt 'off' I didnt enjoy battling them.

Unlike the first game which I played on hard. I turned the diffculty down to easy on this one and it got better.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Slay the Spire is so damn good. Can't wait to get off work and play some more later.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Just wrapped up the main story in Devil May Cry V

Really fun game and visually super nice on X. Took me back to when I was playing the first game on PS2 all those years ago.

I don't think I'll bother with Deliverance. Maybe I'll jump back into Ashen or start the DLC for FH4
Ashen is great if you like souls-type games (stamina-based combat is another great example).

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I was trying out Lichtspeer the other day and noticed how most of the achievements had a ludicrously low 1%~ completion rate for even basic completion things. Then I loaded it up the day after and noticed that none of my progress or settings saved. So huh, that explains that. I couldn't even find a way to exit the game naturally, had to alt+f4. Weird that they would allow a game with these kind of issues onto the service.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is kingdom come? Is there first person big army sword battles? I've always wanted a game like that.

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know is kingdom come is cross save with the console. It have a separate achievement list so I assume no.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Kingdom Come is janky but pretty good so far. A story like reading a book. Very nice.

Does anyone else see weird visual artifacts on the X though? Around the lower corners. Looks like badly compressed video sometimes.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
No parity between PC game pass and Xbox game pass is super disappointing. Hope MS is active in improving this.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
After months of hearing "wow, Slay the Spire is GREAT!" "you should really play it!" then looking at videos and going "oh hell no"... well game pass got me to try it and I'm completely hooked. That game is flipping fantastic.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
What sort of state is KCD in now? I'm on my phone so it's hard to do a proper deep dive in regards to QoL now.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How deep is it? Does it take awhile to get a handle of the gameplay loop?

I'd say "Easy to learn, hard to master" applies here. The game gives you all the information you need to play and know why something does/doesn't work (what exactly cards and relics do, what the enemy will do on its turn etc.), but making good progress will rely on your own ability to figure out good card/relic synergies and build your deck well: 2 cards that work well in tandem are far more valuable than 5 that don't. If you have any experience with deck-building games you'll find there are some tried-and-true strategies that apply in Slay the Spire too.

Each character has an experience level which goes up whether you win or lose a run, and each level unlocks new cards and relics that you can find on your runs. That way it doesn't throw too much choice at you at once, but instead you get more options as you get to grips with selection you've already got.

Last edited:

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't PC game pass still half the price of the xbox one though? I wouldn't expect parity if paying less.
There are way more available games in console GP as it is, if they don't at least seek parity with new releases in the coming months the difference will have widened instead of narrowed by the time beta is over and they are priced the same.

To say nothing of the fact that pc GP experience is still extremely janky for many with all sort of troubles installing and playing games which in itself already accounts for the difference in price... and about half the games that are available on pc do not have any sort of added xbox live funcionality like cloud or achievements which are important to many people.

Last edited:

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if asked a lot, but is there any benefit in doing the $1 gamepass ultimate upgrade if you're only on PC?

I think it comes out to around the same price right now (maybe slightly more expensive, iirc?) but PC game pass will cost $10/mo when it exits beta. I went ahead and locked in two years even though I'm 99% on PC only because I knew I was going to play The Outer Worlds and wanted to give the service a spin. Figured I might as well lock in the price while I can.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I just finished Vampyr. Mediocre game. I thought the setting, story and characters were interesting in the beginning, but my interest fizzled out about halfways through the game. The game play is meh and you are fighting the same enemies all the time. The worst thing though is that they force you to run around a lot and they keep respawning. Some of the missions are like go from one side of the map to another. Real tedious stuff you are doing. And the ending is a disappointment. I should definitely have dropped the game instead of finishing it. Oh well on to the next one...

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Any recommendations for Game Pass on PC? Playing through Age of Empires Remastered atm.

Depends what you're after. If you're in the mood for an FPS roguelite, Void Bastards is a lot of fun. If you've got a Commando/Desperados itch that needs scratching, Shadow Tactics is a great modern entry in the stealth RTS genre.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Did the 0x80070005 error on PC ever get a consistent fix by the way? I've had the problem on and off and it's back with a vengeance. None of the administrator stuff seems to work and it's preventing me from installing about 90% of the games on the service.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
I just finished Vampyr. Mediocre game. I thought the setting, story and characters were interesting in the beginning, but my interest fizzled out about halfways through the game. The game play is meh and you are fighting the same enemies all the time. The worst thing though is that they force you to run around a lot and they keep respawning. Some of the missions are like go from one side of the map to another. Real tedious stuff you are doing. And the ending is a disappointment. I should definitely have dropped the game instead of finishing it. Oh well on to the next one...
My first red flag for this game was how choppy the opening was and I was like yup, this ain't for me lol.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to finally jump in on that 5$ deal for 3 months + free month when I noticed Wolf 2, Sunset, and Prey were all up on it. So just hoping to play through a few games over the next few months.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I wished I liked DMC V more...it looks really cool and the characters seem interesting...but I've never played a DmC game before. I just can't get my (old) head around the combo's...and I feel constantly pressured because the game is always judging me.

The early cut scenes show this crazy demon killer, leaping about and doing all sorts of slow-mo headshots...and then I take over! A few fumbled shoot/melee/shoot combo's and I'm staggering around like a weegie on buckie. I'll just go back to my current backlog:-

Ori
Hollowknight
The surge (i like sci -fi dammit!)
FM6
Trials Rising
Slay the Spire
Hitman 2 (half the old maps and all the new ones)
Doom
Outer Wilds
Warframe
Void Bastards
Minecraft
Apex Legends
Hellblade
Sea of Thieves
Destiny 2 (all content since base game)
Celeste
Mutant Year Zero
Xcom
Halo MCC
The Orange Box

fuck.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
I may be alone on this but I've been super disappointed with Game Pass on PC so far. Specially considering the fact that most games do not launch with achievements and above all, interesting AAA games skipping the platform such as Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Devil May Cry V.
I wouldn't be surprised if more games from this Capcom deal also skip PC in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.