• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does it not even show on your profile when viewed on the Xbox website? I still see it there, even if I've also not been seeing it on the console OS since I joined Game Pass Ultimate in Preview. I'd assume your tenure is still being tracked behind the scenes, seemingly the Xbox OS just has to catch up to Ultimate being a thing, which in this respect still feels like a WIP despite the service going public. I'd understand tenure reflecting on the profile not being a priority when implementing GPU earlier this summer.

Xbox Profiles in general could use some spicing up compared to some other platform's user profiles.

Thankfully it updated back and it's actually 15. Lost track of time lol

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Oh! I made a post in the Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden thread, but now I see it's a Gaming Hangout ghost town, so I'll re-post here:

Just finished the game on Xbox Game Pass. Ran poorly at times. Had a few crashes. And a terrible sound glitch on one (thankfully small) area on the last level.

But what a game. Had a blast. 9/10.

I think I'll go ahead and buy the physical Deluxe Edition to support the developers. Very much hoping for a bigger, more polished sequel.

If any of you folks are into XCOM gameplay and/or post-apocalyptic settings are your jam -- and can stomach some technical issues -- I 100% recommend Mutant Year Zero. Great fun.

Yeah was one of my favorite games last year. I haven't tried the DLC yet. Have you tried it out?

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing a lot of Dead Cells (very good game) and last night it randomly started awarding me a bunch of rare achievements that I absolutely did not earn, including beating the game on the highest difficulty possible (which of course I have not even come close to unlocking yet).

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
If I sign up with this 2$ deal for ultimate. My live sub is up in 2 months... So do I have to pay 12.99 a month for gamepass or is there like a yearly membership card that they sell?

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
If I sign up with this 2$ deal for ultimate. My live sub is up in 2 months... So do I have to pay 12.99 a month for gamepass or is there like a yearly membership card that they sell?

Can you take advantage of the Gold upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate deal? Pad out your Gold to as close to three years as you can, pay for the $1 upgrade and it will upgrade all your Gold to GPU too.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing a lot of Dead Cells (very good game) and last night it randomly started awarding me a bunch of rare achievements that I absolutely did not earn, including beating the game on the highest difficulty possible (which of course I have not even come close to unlocking yet).
Same for me.

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark

Ditto. That's was weird. I am going to chalk it up to the game feeling sorry about my ineptitude..

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
100% on Timespinner last night.

I did enjoy it, the music especially, but found it a bit too easy on Normal. Only on maybe two bosses did I have to put any real effort in outside of selecting the orbs that did the most damage and spamming attack with an occasional time stop then dodge.

Creature in the Well next.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
100% on Timespinner last night.

I did enjoy it, the music especially, but found it a bit too easy on Normal. Only on maybe two bosses did I have to put any real effort in outside of selecting the orbs that did the most damage and spamming attack with an occasional time stop then dodge.

Creature in the Well next.

Thought exactly the same about Timespinner (but didn't actually 100%, only close enough).
Creature in the Well starts out easy but I'm now at what I think is the final boss and fuck that thing. Last two dungeons were also kinda hard at the end especially.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Creature in the Well starts out easy but I'm now at what I think is the final boss and fuck that thing. Last two dungeons were also kinda hard at the end especially.

Ahhh I made it and it wasn't that hard in the end. Anyway I feel like some challenges in this game are quite subject to luck, sadly, but overall it's a very fun and original game.

The game took me 6:27 to 99% (I'm just lacking a single collectible that I'll try to find now, as you can keep playing after beating it), so I think I'm a little bad at it (35 deaths, you can see stats in the settings menu).

I've got a single bug only once at the beginning, I entered a house and the game didn't load any graphics, I had to exit to the main menu. But never repeated. Also maybe a big or maybe design but sometimes there's no music or sound at all (like in the credits) and it feels weird.

Recommended, different game for sure.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'm going to return to some Dead Cells later today.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass really makes it so easy to play/share games with a significant other. We just turned the Xbox on and started seeing what was available, landed on Pandemic and had a great time. (sure as hell glad I didn't buy it outright, lol)

Any other good games for a newer player? She's still not great with dual analogue and we definitely enjoy anything cooperative.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass really makes it so easy to play/share games with a significant other. We just turned the Xbox on and started seeing what was available, landed on Pandemic and had a great time. (sure as hell glad I didn't buy it outright, lol)

Any other good games for a newer player? She's still not great with dual analogue and we definitely enjoy anything cooperative.
Minecraft might be good to play together. I also believe Metal Slug games and Double Dragon Neon can be played locally and they are fairly simple. If she wants to play solo then maybe some narrative adventure games like Life is Strange and What Remains of Edith Finch should be easy to play. The Walking Dead too but they do have some QTEs which might be hard for someone unfamiliar with the controller layout. Yoku's Island Express might be fun solo too since it's 2D and much of the game is more or less pinball which requires two buttons. It's a bit of a metroidvania though which might make it confusing to navigate.

The Jackbox Party Pack 2 might be worth researching too but frankly, I know nothing about it apart from it being suited for multiplayer. Maybe some elements require more people than two too.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Minecraft might be good to play together. I also believe Metal Slug games and Double Dragon Neon can be played locally and they are fairly simple. If she wants to play solo then maybe some narrative adventure games like Life is Strange and What Remains of Edith Finch should be easy to play. The Walking Dead too but they do have some QTEs which might be hard for someone unfamiliar with the controller layout. Yoku's Island Express might be fun solo too since it's 2D and much of the game is more or less pinball which requires two buttons. It's a bit of a metroidvania though which might make it confusing to navigate.

The Jackbox Party Pack 2 might be worth researching too but frankly, I know nothing about it apart from it being suited for multiplayer. Maybe some elements require more people than two too.
Much appreciated, thanks!

Ville Pukema

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Sorry if this is wrong thread, but I couldn't find better. Xbox Live sub gives you some free games every month. Do you have to download or in store press that "get this game" button to have them after they're gone from the free offer? Or is it enough to just have active Live sub when they were available and you get to play them later?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Sorry if this is wrong thread, but I couldn't find better. Xbox Live sub gives you some free games every month. Do you have to download or in store press that "get this game" button to have them after they're gone from the free offer? Or is it enough to just have active Live sub when they were available and you get to play them later?

you just have to "buy" them when you are a live subscriber.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I'm extremely lttp, but interested in trying GamePass to play Gears 5 and a few others.

I currently have XBL gold (auto-renewing early next month). What's the best bang for my buck out of the current deals and offerings? The Xbox marketplace is advertising a 2 months for $2 deal for ultimate, but that is just 2 months after all.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'm extremely lttp, but interested in trying GamePass to play Gears 5 and a few others.

I currently have XBL gold (auto-renewing early next month). What's the best bang for my buck out of the current deals and offerings? The Xbox marketplace is advertising a 2 months for $2 deal for ultimate, but that is just 2 months after all.
Since you're due to renew next month anyways, I would buy a pre-paid Xbox Live card and renew now, because when you do the 2 dollar 2 month (or 1 dollar for a month) Game Pass Ultimate sub, it'll still convert your remaining time to a Game Pass Ultimate sub.
Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass for Console or Xbox Game Pass for PC time into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the same amount of time, up to 36 months. All conversions are final. See xbox.com/gamepass for details.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Since you're due to renew next month anyways, I would buy a pre-paid Xbox Live card and renew now, because when you do the 2 dollar 2 month (or 1 dollar for a month) Game Pass Ultimate sub, it'll still convert your remaining time to a Game Pass Ultimate sub.
Hey, sorry for jumping in to the conversation, but I'm trying to figure out how to get that deal too, and it doesn't say what you've quoted for me? Basically my issue is that the website now says that, if you convert your existing Gold Membership into Game Pass Ultimate, it'll be done through a 'conversion ratio', rather than as one-to-one change:

f5Z7TeQ.jpg

www.xbox.com

Upgrade Your Xbox Live Gold Membership to Ultimate | Xbox

Upgrade to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and receive great benefits.

And here's the conversion ratio (I think):

Cogsyh4.jpg

I don't wanna buy a bunch of extra Gold only to find out the deal no longer applies, basically, so I'm trying to figure out if it does.

EDIT: Oh, wait, the store page that site links to still says this:

oNLC1Vb.jpg

So I guess it is still on, then?

Last edited:

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Where did you get the conversion chart from? I can't find it. I did see the extra you added though ...

Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass for Console or Xbox Game Pass for PC time into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the same amount of time, up to 36 months. All conversions are final. See xbox.com/gamepass for details.

It was definitely working a couple of weeks ago.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, sorry for jumping in to the conversation, but I'm trying to figure out how to get that deal too, and it doesn't say what you've quoted for me? Basically my issue is that the website now says that, if you convert your existing Gold Membership into Game Pass Ultimate, it'll be done through a 'conversion ratio', rather than as one-to-one change:

f5Z7TeQ.jpg

And here's the conversion ratio (I think):

Cogsyh4.jpg

I don't wanna buy a bunch of extra Gold only to find out the deal no longer applies, basically, so I'm trying to figure out if it does.
Hmmm... I took my quote from this page.

Right in the main blurb.
Y262hXo.png

When you click more.
UMNxkBh.png

Also, when you go to xbox.com/gamepass and scroll to the bottom where the Frequently Asked Questions section is, there is this in there
jEXePSN.png

I dunno. What region are you in? I only suggested it because I know it worked earlier this month when my Pop got himself an Xbox One X and I convinced him to do it, and now he's "Good until Oct 2020."

edit: whelp... too slow with my reply lol.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Hmmm... I took my quote from this page.

Right in the main blurb.
Y262hXo.png

When you click more.
UMNxkBh.png

Also, when you go to xbox.com/gamepass and scroll to the bottom where the Frequently Asked Questions section is, there is this in there
jEXePSN.png

I dunno. What region are you in? I only suggested it because I know it worked earlier this month when my Pop got himself an Xbox One X and I convinced him to do it, and now he's "Good until Oct 2020."

edit: whelp... too slow with my reply lol.

Yea, apparently I hadn't fully explored the store page. Seriously though, thanks for looking all that up for me!

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Has anyone here tried Gonner? I was looking for something to play while finishing off a podcast last night, and gave it a shot and damn...that was pretty fun. It's a hard little roguelike, and the difficulty ramps up very quickly, but the style is really striking, the music bumps hard and yeah, very much worth a try. It's kind of like if Jeff Minter and Derek Yu had a lovechild.

I'd love to watch some speedruns of this game down the line if it gets any kind of following.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The i's in that tweet look a wee bit off, maybe a hint?

Also if I'm already signed up to Game Pass Ultimate what happens if I get six months of Live? I've got around 30k of Bing points and just wondering what to do with them.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
The i's in that tweet look a wee bit off, maybe a hint?

Also if I'm already signed up to Game Pass Ultimate what happens if I get six months of Live? I've got around 30k of Bing points and just wondering what to do with them.
I would say Metal Gear because of the ! but there's nothing there to add is there.

No idea!

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I never thought I would get to the point where I don't want MS to add more games to Game Pass haha.

Just add Onrush back please!

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Did you see this?

10,000 Points in 10 Days
For every Gamerscore point you get, you will earn 1 Microsoft Rewards point. Complete this quest between September 19-28 to earn up to 10,000 points. Check your Xbox for details.

That's interesting. Those short indies you've been meaning to play? Here' s $10 for playing them.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Did you see this?

10,000 Points in 10 Days
For every Gamerscore point you get, you will earn 1 Microsoft Rewards point. Complete this quest between September 19-28 to earn up to 10,000 points. Check your Xbox for details.

That's interesting. Those short indies you've been meaning to play? Here' s $10 for playing them.
what? thats alot of gamerscore to do in 10days. I only have a lifetime of 7600.

Scottish Sin

Chicken Chaser
Nov 12, 2017
Scotland

It's not hard to bang out 10K gamerscore. There's plenty of games you can get 1000 on in a few hours or less. Look up some guides on true achievements.

Saying that, it wouldn't surprise me if that 10000 rewards points for 10000 gamerscore challenge is exclusive to game pass games only.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Well I'm sure very few people will get 10k, obviously. But if you are someone who does the other quests fairly regularly, a good time to September ones. A lot of games spit out the first couple hundred pretty quickly upfront. Like you can do pretty much 800-1000/1000 of What Remains of Edith Finch in 3 hours or so. (And worth doing if you haven't btw.) Brothers 3-4 hours. Creature in the Well 5-6 hours. Any telltale stuff you have laying around you've meant to get to.

I think I might make it a little fun game for myself to plow through the little games I never played/finished but have DL'ed on my external.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you see this?

10,000 Points in 10 Days

Hmm this is doable. I've had a couple of months where i earned close to 10k gamerscore without trying. Depends a lot on what you're playing. Some short games can get you 1000 GS in 3-4 hours.

Free 10 bucks are free 10 bucks.

With my luck this will be just US though.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Did you see this?

10,000 Points in 10 Days

I wonder if these have to be Game Pass games, or if any and all games are included.

chronomac

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, AL
Anyone else try to play Dead Cells on PC? My game keeps switching between keyboard and gamepad prompts and a couple buttons register twice. Seems super buggy.

ronabs

Mar 15, 2018
True Achievements made a list of games with some easy 100% to boost this 10k points quest.

The Gardens Between - 1-2 hours
Abzu - 1-2 hours
What Remains of Edith Finch - 2-3 hours
Tacoma - 1-2 hours
Old Man's Journey - 1-2 hours
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons - 2-3 hours
Thomas Was Alone - 3-4 hours
The Turing Test - 6-8 hours
Costume Quest 2 - 8-10 hours
The Walking Dead Season 1 - 10-15 hours
The Walking Dead Season 2 - 8-10 hours

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
True Achievements made a list of games with some easy 100% to boost this 10k points quest.

The Gardens Between - 1-2 hours
Abzu - 1-2 hours
What Remains of Edith Finch - 2-3 hours
Tacoma - 1-2 hours
Old Man's Journey - 1-2 hours
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons - 2-3 hours
Thomas Was Alone - 3-4 hours
The Turing Test - 6-8 hours
Costume Quest 2 - 8-10 hours
The Walking Dead Season 1 - 10-15 hours
The Walking Dead Season 2 - 8-10 hours
Yeah have most of those downloaded ready. I doubt it'll be much fun but it's potentially £10 worth.

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
Did you see this?

10,000 Points in 10 Days

Anyone got a list of the easiest gamerscores to get on gamepass?

Edit:. Should have finished the thread before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.