• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
I'm playing Hellblade on Game Pass PC and quite often the fps drops to 20. Not 19, not 21, exactly 20. And the GPU usage will be at around 60%, so predictably, lowering settings did not work. I'm having a hard time googling any sort of solution because all the results are for Hellblade's steam version. Anyone here know anything?

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I know it's not the proper thread, but how often 360 games/dlcs go on sale? I want to buy Dead Rising Case West but it's always full price.

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
I'm playing Hellblade on Game Pass PC and quite often the fps drops to 20. Not 19, not 21, exactly 20. And the GPU usage will be at around 60%, so predictably, lowering settings did not work. I'm having a hard time googling any sort of solution because all the results are for Hellblade's steam version. Anyone here know anything?
Is it the same with v-sync off?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Played Jump Force

The game looks gorgeous on 4k, like is blowing my mind how pretty is, and I don't hate the models that much, but god the framerate is so terrible, in the cutscenes they look like slideshows

Between that and that the initial roster only has OP, DB and Naruto characters made me lost interest on this game quickly (which sucks since everything else is amazing)

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played Jump Force

The game looks gorgeous on 4k, like is blowing my mind how pretty is, and I don't hate the models that much, but god the framerate is so terrible, in the cutscenes they look like slideshows

Between that and that the initial roster only has OP, DB and Naruto characters made me lost interest on this game quickly (which sucks since everything else is amazing)

I quit because the game itself seems awful.

Stilted dialogue, slow cutscenes, a far too large hub area that takes too long to get from A to B, and combat that's pretty dull.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I quit because the game itself seems awful.

Stilted dialogue, slow cutscenes, a far too large hub area that takes too long to get from A to B, and combat that's pretty dull.

I kinda want to play on a bit, but I can't say I disagree with anything you said. When the first cutscene started running at 15fps on the X (this several months after launch, so with multiple patches applied methinks) I thought to myself: oh boy. And the thought of having to endure that to unlock some of the more intriguing characters (nothing against the 3 franchises in showcase but I played those characters half a million times already) like the ones from Hunter X Hunter or Death Note... it's rough.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
I kinda want to play on a bit, but I can't say I disagree with anything you said. When the first cutscene started running at 15fps on the X (this several months after launch, so with multiple patches applied methinks) I thought to myself: oh boy. And the thought of having to endure that to unlock some of the more intriguing characters (nothing against the 3 franchises in showcase but I played those characters half a million times already) like the ones from Hunter X Hunter or Death Note... it's rough.

I think you unlock the HxH characters after the second tutorial. Couldn't have even taken an hour. Pretty much once you pick from those three teams.

Oct 28, 2017
Have to echo the statements about that final Ashen boss.

I luckily played the game when it first hit Game Pass and was fortunate enough to be teamed up with a capable player. When the boss fell I immediately started writing a message to thank the stranger, before I even sent it they had sent a message to me thanking me and saying what a bastard of a boss it was. Pretty funny.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Have to echo the statements about that final Ashen boss.

I luckily played the game when it first hit Game Pass and was fortunate enough to be teamed up with a capable player. When the boss fell I immediately started writing a message to thank the stranger, before I even sent it they had sent a message to me thanking me and saying what a bastard of a boss it was. Pretty funny.

lol yeah fuck that shit. I'm glad I wrote about it, I'll feel less bad leaving it undefeated now. I'll look the cut scene up on YouTube just in case it's remotely interesting.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not the proper thread, but how often 360 games/dlcs go on sale? I want to buy Dead Rising Case West but it's always full price.
Use this site to get a handy graph for how often a game goes on sale:

Edit: not sure why my link turned out like that but it should go to the right page. Also, the search function on that site sucks so use Google/Bing + game title.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have basically heard no one ever talk about Smoke and Sacrifice, but I randomly have been playing and enjoying it. The combat is janky but it has a nice Survival RPG crafting loop of building new gear for the next area and then exploring, etc. I'm on the last area and have enjoyed exploring to find all the craft recipes.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Late to the party, but just finished Gears 4. Enjoyed it a lot - won't change your mind if you didn't like previous ones though.

Took a bit to get going, but Act II onwards was great stuff.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
never played any of the series, but I'll probably give it a shot soonish (I would play Gears 1 Ultimate, but apparently performance is broken on PC)

It's almost impossible to get to run smoothly (as in stable framerate, proper framepacing and no stutters), but it's not unplayable or anything. And even despite the shortcomings, it's stil a fantastic and almost perfectly paced action game, with a ton of variety from encounter to encounter.

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
meh.

OTOH, this is in less than two days and should have some cool stuff.

A couple of games in that image to identify as I dont think we have them on this list.

Ive made a pass after last nights show, here is whats to come.

Games Coming to Game Pass Shortly [Announced]
  • Jump Force - 19th September [Console]
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - 19th September [Console][PC]
  • Shadow Warrior 2 - 19th September [PC]
  • Bad North: Jotuun Edition - 26 September [Console] [PC]
  • Dirt Rally 2.0 - 26th September [Console] [PC]
  • Lego Worlds - 26th September [Console] [PC]
  • Cities Skylines - 26th September [PC]
  • Saint's Row IV: Re-Elected - 26th September [PC]
  • Felix the Reaper - 17th October
  • The Outer Worlds - 25th October [Console] [PC] [Play Anywhere]
  • Afterparty - 29th October
Upcoming Announced Releases

MS First-party

• Ori and the Will of the Wisp - 11th Feb 2020
  • Minecraft Dungeons - Spring 2020
  • Halo Infinite - Holiday 2020
  • Age of Empires 2 DE [PC]
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection [PC]
  • Wasteland 3
  • Psyconauts 2
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Battletoads
  • Gears Tactics
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator
Third-party
  • Stellaris [PC]
  • Life Is Strange 2 - New Eps [90 Days after each release]
  • Phoenix Point - Dec 2019
  • The Good Life
  • Pathologic 2
  • Secret Neighbor
  • Killer Queen Black
  • Spiritfarer
  • The Legend of Wright - 2020
  • Totally Accurate Battle Simulator
  • Unto the End
  • Underwine
  • ikenfell
  • The Lord of The Rings Living Card Game
  • Totem Teller
  • way to the woods
  • Machinarium [PC]
  • Unavowed [PC]
  • Genisis Nior
  • Lonley Mountians Downhill
  • Demons Tilt

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I could have sworn Children of Morta was announced as a launch Game Pass game a while ago, but then Inside Xbox didn't mention it when they presented the game yesterday. Have I made a mistake?

padsports

Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone help? I'm owning Dead Cells both on PC and on Xbox (GamePass), but whenever I boot it up on PC with my Live Account, I cannot select the savegame from my Xbox (it just isn't there). Both are using the same Xbox Live account. Does this game not support cross saving?

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
So I just downloaded Shantae Helf Genie Hero which should be removed in a few days, when it gets removed can I still play it? How long does it takes to beat the main campaign?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
If I can barely run Forza Horizon 3 on my PC, should I expect the same or worse performance from 4? I'm curious if I can play it some time...

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has opus magnum been on game pass this whole time? I just discovered it was there today. I've almost pulled the trigger on it multiple times

krg

Oct 27, 2017
If I can barely run Forza Horizon 3 on my PC, should I expect the same or worse performance from 4? I'm curious if I can play it some time...
If you barely ran it I wouldn't expect much of a difference with 4. (although it seems more optimized than 3 tbh but not by a lot)

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tried dirt 2.0. Didn't play rally gae
Since Colin mcrae. Wow it looks amazing. Didn't expect that

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ah, shoot!

Thought we get "Northgard" today, but it is "Bad North" instead xD

I don't mind. Downloaded it, played a bit on Normal difficulty and got a Game Over pretty early on, so I decided to lower it to Easy and now I'm having fun :)

Neat little game with simple Gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.