• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Bits N Pieces I'm in the US but I can tell you there's 2 hrs 14 mins to go.

Hoping for some fun colorful Indies.

Gowans thanks for all your hard work on the list and this thread! I noticed 12 minutes isn't on your list. I think during the Xbox E3 show they said all Indies shown during the show would be coming to Game Pass.

Last edited:

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
Dead Cells ruined Bloodstained for me. Played DC for around 40 hours, jumped into BS, played for 40 minutes before jumping right back to DC. Might try it again later when I forget what a really good platformer feels like.

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Bloodstained feels kinda clunky. I got to the first boss and wasn't really feeling it. Nothing really impressed me thus far and no achievements too on PC

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Dead Cells ruined Bloodstained for me. Played DC for around 40 hours, jumped into BS, played for 40 minutes before jumping right back to DC. Might try it again later when I forget what a really good platformer feels like.
For some reason, the casual harshness of this made me chuckle out loud...

Have you tried creature in the well? Weirdly that feels more like Dead Cells to me. It's NOT a platformer but a similar art style, tight controls/action, with a light dusting of background/lore that comes out as you play.

Intrigued to see what indies come out..I do worry that cheap subs will kill their profitability and ability to make a living...but the main problem is just the sheer amount of good/decent indy games. It's a very crowded market and supply/demand can get them, regardless of business model sitting between those.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Bloodstained feels kinda clunky. I got to the first boss and wasn't really feeling it. Nothing really impressed me thus far and no achievements too on PC

Castlevania in general feels kind of clunky these days and Bloodstained mirrors that. Is even smoother actually. I really enjoyed Bloodstained but it took a little bit to get used to. Dead Cells feels so damned amazing in comparison.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I know this is not the right thread, but since it's full of XBox users I'll ask here. If I redeem a credit code from Microsoft Reward, can I buy 360 games with it? Why there are two kind of codes, one is for the Microsoft Store, another for the XBox...do I need to select the XBox one?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I know this is not the right thread, but since it's full of XBox users I'll ask here. If I redeem a credit code from Microsoft Reward, can I buy 360 games with it? Why there are two kind of codes, one is for the Microsoft Store, another for the XBox...do I need to select the XBox one?

Microsoft and Xbox credit is the same thing. You can use it on Xbox or for Windows apps and stuff. It's shared across all MS stuff.

That being said, you can't use credit to buy 360 games I'm pretty sure. Maybe on an actual 360 console? But certainly not from an Xbox One or from the website. I can't remember why.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Microsoft and Xbox credit is the same thing. You can use it on Xbox or for Windows apps and stuff. It's shared across all MS stuff.

That being said, you can't use credit to buy 360 games I'm pretty sure. Maybe on an actual 360 console? But certainly not from an Xbox One or from the website. I can't remember why.
Ah :(
Well, I'll wait for a good discount on Case West, hoping they will give it with Games with Gold otherwise.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Ah :(
Well, I'll wait for a good discount on Case West, hoping they will give it with Games with Gold otherwise.
The poster above was correct on Xbox gift cards only working for Xbox 360 games from an actual Xbox 360 console. No workarounds are available either so if you don't have a 360 then you're SoL. I actually bought Case West on an actual Xbox 360 using Microsoft Rewards credit. Funny coincidence. Pretty much the only time I bring out my 360 these days is to use MS Rewards credit on 360 games.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm approaching the end of Blair Witch and let me say

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Bloober Team. I was not putting Bullet down no matter what. Fuck them for putting that in a game.

I'm now in the witch house and actually the game was a decent adventure game up to this point, but it's now turned into a Layers of Fear rehash, which is super boring.

I'll finish it, but I can't recommend it.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Bought one year of Gold but the conversion gave me only three months of Ultimate...wasn't a month of Gold 20 days of Ultimate?

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
If anyone has a few hours to kill I recommend checking out The Gardens Between. Very relaxing but beautiful puzzle game. Puzzles are a bit on the easy side but some of the creative solutions made me smile. Enjoyed the soundtrack too. Was so bored yesterday but got a bit engrossed in the game till I finished it.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I am playing Bloodstained on Gamepass and still hasn't recieved my physical copy that was supposed to be sent to me as a $60 backer for the kickstarter.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Dirt 2.0 looks absolutely stunning on Xbox One X. A huge leap in graphics when compared to the prequel.

statha

Feb 15, 2018
I was literally coming to post that! I'd played it on the PC a bunch before all its updates, but the xbox version is really nice - super smooth, reactive controls. It's a really nice job.

hmm, so you enjoy it more on XBOX? Thats interesting to hear, I played both and found them almost identical!

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Just finished Bad north, wasnt expecting much but have now done two run throughs. Easy to learn yet hard to master.

Great game and would recommend it to anyone that wants something that is a bit different and it doesn't waste your time with bloat.

leng jai
Re: Dirt 2.0, i kept looking for the rewind button Forza games have really spoilt me there. I started to get better after an hour or so but its so simple to hit the side or get stuck on scenery haha...

Last edited:

statha

Feb 15, 2018
Where is he saying he enjoys it more on the xbox? :o

well, he didn't thats why I asked to clarify. From what I understood he found it nice that the experience is "really nice" on XBOX, but with a game not too demanding as this is i'd guess that its not something you usualy comment on versions between PC and XBOX.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
well, he didn't thats why I asked to clarify. From what I understood he found it nice that the experience is "really nice" on XBOX, but with a game not too demanding as this is i'd guess that its not something you usualy comment on versions between PC and XBOX.

I didn't mean to spark such controversy ;) It's a very nice port and it was enjoyable to play on my big screen vs my PC. It felt like the difficulty's been tweaked as I beat the first two bosses without any problem, unlike the last time I played on PC, but that was before the game was deemed 1.0, so maybe the PC's tweaked too?

It's a game that's well worth playing, which is what the original intent of my comment was. People should play it.

statha

Feb 15, 2018
I didn't mean to spark such controversy ;) It's a very nice port and it was enjoyable to play on my big screen vs my PC. It felt like the difficulty's been tweaked as I beat the first two bosses without any problem, unlike the last time I played on PC, but that was before the game was deemed 1.0, so maybe the PC's tweaked too?

It's a game that's well worth playing, which is what the original intent of my comment was. People should play it.

Well noted,Sir. Glad you enjoyed it on both platforms!

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I'm approaching the end of Blair Witch and let me say

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Bloober Team. I was not putting Bullet down no matter what. Fuck them for putting that in a game.

I'm now in the witch house and actually the game was a decent adventure game up to this point, but it's now turned into a Layers of Fear rehash, which is super boring.

I'll finish it, but I can't recommend it.
Felt the same way. The last section of that game is a bummer. It's like they were saving it "alright fellas, time to give em what they been waitin for!" Except nobody was waiting for it, and when I realized they were falling back on their ol boring bag of tricks for the finale I was disappointed. That whole section is at least 10 minutes too long.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I upgraded once at e3. But I messed it up.

if I let my sub expire and then buy a couple years of xbl. Then try toupgrade to Xbox game pass ult, what happens?

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
I upgraded once at e3. But I messed it up.

if I let my sub expire and then buy a couple years of xbl. Then try toupgrade to Xbox game pass ult, what happens?

Small print says

https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/xbox-game-pass?&OCID=AID2000131_SEM_ViT1TEuF#join
Not valid for existing subscribers, other exclusions apply. Credit card required. Offer valid from 19/08/2019 9:00 AM PDT to 30/09/2019 11:59 PDT and only through link in this offer, in all Xbox Game Pass markets excluding Quebec and Russia. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. After promotional period, subscription continues to be charged at the then-current regular price (subject to change), unless cancelled. Plus applicable taxes. Credit card required. Game catalogue varies over time. Limit 1 offer per account.

When you messed up which deal did you use?

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if old news, just saw this on the app and didn't remember seeing it before.

Leaving game pass:
Sinner sacrifice for redemption
Dead island riptide definitive edition
Observer
Resident evil 5

Status
Not open for further replies.