• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Bloodstained feels kinda clunky. I got to the first boss and wasn't really feeling it. Nothing really impressed me thus far and no achievements too on PC

I was feeling the same way. I almost dropped the game because it felt weird at first, and the second boss gave me quite a struggle. Once I got past that though I have been really enjoying it. Once you get used to it, and have a better selection of weapons and spells it is actually quite fun, and the Metroidvania systems of clearing the map and looking for secrets is as fun as ever.

Oct 27, 2017
I super loved Bloodstained. Cant say I thought about dropping at any point but I remember I definitely started having a better time post second boss. Once I started getting into a glow flow.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
For anyone who hasn't noticed, the 10,000 Points in 10 days quest is still active. The promotional stuff said it was 9/19-9/28, but in the app it doesn't expire till 9/30. So still a few more hours to get reward points.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else get the bug in Bloodstained where you pause the game and your character on screen has no head and the game just freezes? The fuck is that about? I've had this twice in 30 mins of playing, each time necessitating a reboot. Ugh.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Anyone know why Ninja Gaiden Black doesn't have the 20% discount to purchase? Should still be available on GamePass through today.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone else had issues with the audio for Bloodstained on PC? The audio stutters everytime I attack.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
So, given the not so great sales of Control, should we expect it being added to Game Pass this year?

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Dude, I hope so. Control looks sweet but my backlog can't justify $60 games unless they start with Elden.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Sad to hear that, gameplay videos of Control look like a lot of fun. I guess Remedy is out of luck/solid marketing push.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sad to hear that, gameplay videos of Control look like a lot of fun. I guess Remedy is out of luck/solid marketing push.

They make single player games that people enjoy playing through once, then never touching them again. Nowadays that just isn't enough for 60 bucks, not without insane amounts of marketing push and/or tacked on co-op/multiplayer modes.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
They make single player games that people enjoy playing through once, then never touching them again. Nowadays that just isn't enough for 60 bucks, not without insane amounts of marketing push and/or tacked on co-op/multiplayer modes.
You mean most people. I bought Alan Wake and Quantum Break at launch and immensely enjoyed both.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
They've made Max Payne and Alan Wake, two of my favourite and most memorable single player campaigns ever. But there's a reason their games keep underselling.
Your right about how much different is the modern gaming landscape with ale the GAAS stuff etc. But they're still people who will pay 60 bucks for a purely single player experience. The thing is that there's not enough of them for a 30 mln $ game to be successful.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Currently playing Kingdom Come. While it's a little janky at times, I have a pretty great time. Still getting used to the combat (talking about jank), but I enjoy the story and how the world is build. Great stuff and totally different to modern AAA games.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Use the Xbox App.

It's far better than the main Windows Store.

Been a while since I looked at that app.

So what's the deal with it? There seems to be some overlap between it and the console companion thing, but the store here seems to finally filter out the console and mobile games. The console companion still has the unified game launcher and some other stuff the Xbox App doesn't. Is the new one gonna subsume the older one at some point?

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017

So what's the deal with it? There seems to be some overlap between it and the console companion thing, but the store here seems to finally filter out the console and mobile games. The console companion still has the unified game launcher and some other stuff the Xbox App doesn't. Is the new one gonna subsume the older one at some point?
The Xbox App is going to be the main gaming app for Windows 10 going forward and allows game install and launching etc.

THE_W1TCHER

Oct 28, 2017
New game pass member here. Is there any schedule behind announcement of the new games like once in a month or it is completely random?

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
New game pass member here. Is there any schedule behind announcement of the new games like once in a month or it is completely random?

No schedule. They announce new games at their convenience, but with enough frequency that it feels like it's happening all the time. In reality it's probably every other week.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Seeing so many recommendations for smaller titles, I might have to take Game Pass Month or something. Have tried some but not enough of these gems for sure.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

Currently the new app is still in beta. At the end of the day it should be able to completely replace the current Xbox companion app for people who use Xbox Game Pass on PC.

The companion app will be for people who own both a PC and an Xbox.

crafton

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else get the bug in Bloodstained where you pause the game and your character on screen has no head and the game just freezes? The fuck is that about? I've had this twice in 30 mins of playing, each time necessitating a reboot. Ugh.

Yeah, seemed to happen every time I paused the game after dying to the second boss, ended up just switching back to Gears, such a shame as the game is a lot of fun.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing so many recommendations for smaller titles, I might have to take Game Pass Month or something. Have tried some but not enough of these gems for sure.

That's what I do most months. If not for Yooka-Laylee and Sturmwind this month, I'd be fine with another Game Pass month. It's gotten to the point where they add more good stuff every month, than anyone can reasonably have time to play through.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
World War Z seems like it'll be perfect for Gamepass.

Dishonored 2 is incredible, highly reccomended for folk that haven't played that.

Deleted member 34169

User requested account closure
Nov 23, 2017
So do the deals have anything to do with timing of games leaving? DMC5 is 40% off for gamepass members. Hope it isn't leaving yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
why do I have to just cross my fingers that Dishonored 2 is coming to PC as well? blaaaarrrrgggh

anyway, enjoying Bloodstained more than I had expected. the level design is nothing to write home about, but it still surpasses my (low) expectations for an Igavania in that regard, and I'm finding the ARPG exploration/loot/combat loop a lot more compelling than I did in Timespinner

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Really excited for Yooka-Laylee, it's something I've been close to buying for a long time but just never pulled the trigger on (and almost just bought for $10 on the PSN sale lol).

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I beat Mutant Year Zero last night. I really enjoyed my time with it! I thought about getting the DLC, but the backlog is too great for that. Now to figure out what next title to knock of my list. Game Pass: the gift that keeps on giving.

Also, I am super stoked to see Dishonored 2 arrive on Game Pass. It's, hands-down, one of my favorite titles this generation, as well as being a flagship Xbox One X title.

Status
Not open for further replies.