• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
There's a pc specific rewards quest this month. Only 3 games qualify but it's the thought that counts.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Man, sucks we're losing Observer and Sinner, had wanted to play them but ran out of time. Oh well.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Man, sucks we're losing Observer and Sinner, had wanted to play them but ran out of time. Oh well.

But there's still time. Sinner looks like a very (bad) short game to me, and Observer is said to be completed in an evening.

I personally will play Observer soon. I've heard it's not that good either but it'll be my homage to Rutger.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking Bloodstained is so buggy. Random crash after playing for 20 minutes and just lost all progress. UGH

And immediately after reloading I get the headless protagonist pause screen that soft locks the game. What the fuck is with this game. It's almost unplayable. How the hell was it released in this state?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that the operation cosmic rescue rewards promotion has started if you don't mind doing some clicking. It will get you one month of ultimate.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I own Dishonored 2 on PS4, but only ever got up to the Clockwork Mansion, and I guess other stuff came out, or whatever, I dropped it for some reason. I was really enjoying it too. I'm gonna start a fresh game on XBOX since I'm pretty much caught up on everything else I feel like playing right now.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Can you play Dishonored 2 with no combat? I honestly only have the vaguest idea what it is (a stealth game?) and if there's no combat I am more than up for it.

I may have misunderstood what it is entirely, so apologies if this question is ridiculous!

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
guys i try to download and install dishonored but gamepass app wnat me to install on c and not in my partition for games....wtf?!?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Can you play Dishonored 2 with no combat? I honestly only have the vaguest idea what it is (a stealth game?) and if there's no combat I am more than up for it.

I may have misunderstood what it is entirely, so apologies if this question is ridiculous!
P sure you gotta do some killin.

I played it (until I left it) pretty much lethal but I think you can play non lethal, even with main objectives. At least some. And the levels, you can stealth through a lot of them, maybe even ghost the whole game?

But killing is more fun in this game and the game is also full of motherfuckers anyway lol.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I played it (until I left it) pretty much lethal but I think you can play non lethal, even with main objectives. At least some. And the levels, you can stealth through a lot of them, maybe even ghost the whole game?

But killing is more fun in this game and the game is also full of motherfuckers anyway lol.
Last game I ghosted as much as possible was Chaos Theory. Every game since then has made it a little too fun not to partake in the ending of a bad guy's life. So I must indulge. Downloading this now.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You can choke out people non-lethally and there are also non-lethal options on all of the main assassination missions, like character humiliation or destroying their reputation.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Last game I ghosted as much as possible was Chaos Theory. Every game since then has made it a little too fun not to partake in the ending of a bad guy's life. So I must indulge. Downloading this now.
Yeah, that's always been my stance. For stealth games that allow it, I've always gone non-lethal. Having said that...

Adryuu brings up a very good point! Dishonored 2 is a much beloved game of mine and of the many times I've played through it I finally decided to play it lethally during my most recent run. The lethal powers and the assassinations are sssooo good. They're done so well it brings a whole new layer of fun to approaching the level design.

I'm excited for anyone that gets to experience Dishonored 2 for the first time. Like I said above, it's a game (and franchise) I love and have spent many quality hours with. Arkane Studios, with all of their titles this gen, has made some of the best gaming experiences for me. I really can't wait to see what they do with Deathloop.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
GamePass Recommendation:

Yoku's Island Express - you play a beetle pushing a dung ball around an island after taking over as postman in a beautiful 2D pinball/platformer. Bizarre premise, great game idea, executed with charm and a chilled atmosphere. Little mini-quests keep you moving about the island in a non-linear way. Skills or abilities are gradually added to open up more areas and ways to move about. It's fantastically well designed and thought through - not just some nice ideas thrown together and gated by abilities. Recommended.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
GamePass Recommendation:

Yoku's Island Express - you play a beetle pushing a dung ball around an island after taking over as postman in a beautiful 2D pinball/platformer. Bizarre premise, great game idea, executed with charm and a chilled atmosphere. Little mini-quests keep you moving about the island in a non-linear way. Skills or abilities are gradually added to open up more areas and ways to move about. It's fantastically well designed and thought through - not just some nice ideas thrown together and gated by abilities. Recommended.
Yoku is a really great game, hope there will be a sequel.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017

You can play the game non-lethal but you have to do combat. Similar to Metal Gear Solid games.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to heal the hero of Creature in the Well?

There are pools of white water that heal you. There's one next to the janitor guy at the entrance and on each floor - though it's usually fairly close to the boss.

There's a blade you get fairly early on that heals you if you catch charged red shots too - that's really useful. Fan Blade I think?

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Yoku is a really great game, hope there will be a sequel.

I'd like to see them apply the same innovation and approach to a different idea rather than a straight sequel, at least initially. Unless they can think of a way to make a sequel with a fresh enough twist. What is fantastic about the game is not just the idea but the beauty and design of the execution, I'd like to see that in a new game.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Am enjoying Dishonored 2 already. It has that certain awkwardness all games still do re: natural interactions with NPCs and the like but the styling and aesthetic and world building is engaging, which is a huge thing for me.

'Next gen' in my book is immersion via writing, animation, level design and clever interactions, not shiny shiny graphics.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I am really excited for World War Z on October 10th also, as that looks to be a really fun game to play co-op with some friends.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Woof,

Jump Force is terribad.
I played it long enough to get a single achievement for the rewards quest, but I almost didn't make it. Probably the worst game I've played in years. Visually atrocious, a vast and barren hub world, boring fights, awful performance. Deleted as soon as the achievement popped.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Holy shit, didn't even noticed WWZ is coming to GP. :O
Following gaming news these days can be kinda hard. ^^"

I always wanted to play this but never pulled the trigger because I didn't saw the longevity in this game without much cosmetic stuff to unlock and go for (and I'm a huge fan of cosmetics) or anything else that makes you tune in every few days besides the pure gameplay fun.
But this is f'n perfect for Game Pass, I hope the community and the support is both still alive.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting a "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more info about Launch <game name>" on Gears 5 and Blair Witch on PC. Any idea what's causing this?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Well, >observer_ performs horribly on the S and it seems to be a bit boring, plus there's not one but TWO different detective sights. A shame because it could have been interesting and the voice acting was good... But I'll leave it.

Let's see how Prey and Resi 5 perform. Resi 5 was out of the service soon, right?

Also, The Whispered World isn't on consoles but Silence caught my eye. Can I enjoy Silence without playing the original game before?

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Prey is a bore to play. Check it out of course, but the gameplay is very tedious and tiring IMO.

Hubi

Nov 13, 2017
I never played the Whispered World but had quite a good time with Silence. They try to explain the references to the first game

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Prey is a bore to play. Check it out of course, but the gameplay is very tedious and tiring IMO.

There's a possibility I drop the game very soon after starting, but I'm quite curious based on things I've read over here. I'll try and at least it'll be something different. But I hope it doesn't have awful input lag like on ps4 or Tomb Raider.

I never played the Whispered World but had quite a good time with Silence. They try to explain the references to the first game

Good, I'll check it out someday then. Gotta see at least those graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.