• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I LOVED PREY

it's really just a genre thing, immersive sims are so completely satisfying and enrapturing for me, and PREY delivers, but def don't expect a 1st person fps game with rpg elements, it's a whole different beast.

... Fuck I love that game

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Yoku's Island Express is really good. Took me a bit to get into because I was always running into dead ends by going the opposite way, but once it clicked it really clicked. It's a highly polished lower budget title.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
But there's still time. Sinner looks like a very (bad) short game to me, and Observer is said to be completed in an evening.

I personally will play Observer soon. I've heard it's not that good either but it'll be my homage to Rutger.

I'm actually enjoying Observer a lot. I don't know how people beat this is in an evening though lol. I guess I'm just slow and always looking for collectables.

Paragraf

May 31, 2019
Russia
Observer has an interesting story and setting, but ending doesn't stick the landing. For a "walking sim" where you can only look, move and open drawers, it feels very clunky. Runs like shit on one x too.

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably finish up Ashen tomorrow. It's been a lot of fun. A less overwhelming Souls game. Even occasionally pleasant.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably finish up Ashen tomorrow. It's been a lot of fun. A less overwhelming Souls game. Even occasionally pleasant.

Good luck with that shitty final boss. I didn't even bother looking up the ending on youtube, now that I think of it.

Nice game though, I really liked the exploration with jump/vault mechanics and less focus on shortcuts and instead wider open environments for a change.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
How long is Jump Force if you only do mandatory missions? Is it doable or the game forces you to level up in order to beat later opponents?

m23

Oct 25, 2017
You've forced my hand

I give it a 10/10
(although iirc the dlc kinda sucks)

lurkers, play that game!

I tried getting into Prey, played the first hour or so but I couldn't get into it. I stopped and started playing Dishonoured 2 instead which I'm liking a lot more. Maybe I'll give Prey another chance when I get time.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
How does the subscription work? Can you use gift card funds? Do you need enough credit for one month only if you want to subscribe or do you need to have enough for the next month as well?

ACellarDoor

Mar 4, 2019
Loving Dishonored 2. Superb fun.
Dishonored 2 was very good. I, however, didn't like it as much as the first one. The first one had more atmosphere in my view.

Thanks to Gamepass, i am playing Dead Cells and i wouldn't have tried it any other way and i am hooked. I think the gameplay loop, music and art is quite beautiful.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I tried to get into Prey too, but I dropped it after a while. I got to the big open botanical type area and my interest just completely plumeted and I'm not sure why, I played like 10 hrs of it.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tomorrow for WWZ right?

As for Dishonored. Must admit, I did not like it that much. A little clunky and felt sluggish. Maybe I need to spend more time with it but with so many games to play, it might just slip to the back of the pile.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to get into Prey too, but I dropped it after a while. I got to the big open botanical type area and my interest just completely plumeted and I'm not sure why, I played like 10 hrs of it.

It's a fascinating experience and has a lot of cool ideas, but it's just not a good game in terms of gameplay. It's one thing to get through a bit of a slog if the gameplay is high quality, but Prey's shooting and movement are pretty bad for a first person game, which heavily hampers the enjoyment if the story or the worldbuilding starts feeling a bit stale.

poropat

Created an alt account to abuse the GiftBot system
Banned
Aug 23, 2018
I have one left -
the Scarab one
Bit too much of a pain to go back and do for me as they aren't so obviously highlighted on the map and I really can't be arsed for an achievement. Absolutely loved the game though.
This guide helped me with the Scarabs.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
This guide helped me with the Scarabs.

Thanks, I'll take a look if I go back. Getting the last couple of chests and wickerlings I made a lot more painful for myself than it needed to be. One I found a convoluted and tightly timed route with a slug was needed with a couple of very unreliable bumper launches on the way. Eventually got it, hugely satisfied with my skillz, and then realised there was a much simpler and quick way in :D. The final chest I needed had me flummoxed for ages until my wife asked me what the little bumper that kept appearing was. Playing and hitting LT my focus was completely on the blue flipper at the bottom of the section, I never even noticed this extra one which took me where I needed to go!

Oct 27, 2017
OKC
saw they added MGS2 and MGS3 so I've been chippin away at those this weekend, been a long time since i've played either. Both run really great and look great, surprisingly so.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Re: Yoku's Island Express

Thanks, I'll take a look if I go back. Getting the last couple of chests and wickerlings I made a lot more painful for myself than it needed to be. One I found a convoluted and tightly timed route with a slug was needed with a couple of very unreliable bumper launches on the way. Eventually got it, hugely satisfied with my skillz, and then realised there was a much simpler and quick way in :D. The final chest I needed had me flummoxed for ages until my wife asked me what the little bumper that kept appearing was. Playing and hitting LT my focus was completely on the blue flipper at the bottom of the section, I never even noticed this extra one which took me where I needed to go!

We got stuck on some of the same ones as you did, I think. Was that extra bumper one the one in the snowy area with the extra bumper sort of off to the right? Either way, there were definitely some things we had to look up for getting all the chests and Wickerlings.

We enjoyed the game a ton though, it felt like a pinball offshore of Ori. Not being into pinball I didn't think we'd enjoy it very much and I was very happily surprised to find out how much we liked it. It's a ton of fun packed with intriguing characters and secrets that really reward exploration. The game is gorgeous, too. One of my favorites on Game Pass for sure.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Same here, I hit the big open areas and immediately dropped the game. If memory serves I think it became too stressful trying to manage enemies with limited ammo and resources - those kinds of games are just not for me.

Separately I really wish Bloodstained ran well. I want to return to it but have gotten constant crashes and headless Miriam pause screen glitches that require restarts. Really a shame because it could be an amazing game.

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck with that shitty final boss. I didn't even bother looking up the ending on youtube, now that I think of it.

Nice game though, I really liked the exploration with jump/vault mechanics and less focus on shortcuts and instead wider open environments for a change.
Final boss took a few tries, but she wasn't too bad. I ended up relying heavily on my companion. I just went in with the heaviest armor and longest weapon that I had. Tried to keep her between the two of us. And would pepper her with shots when she'd get too focused on my tag team partner. That kept us both alive long enough to whittle down her health.

That being said, you didn't miss a ton not finishing. Didn't really change my opinion on the game. 8/10. Well worth the time.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Final boss took a few tries, but she wasn't too bad. I ended up relying heavily on my companion. I just went in with the heaviest armor and longest weapon that I had. Tried to keep her between the two of us. And would pepper her with shots when she'd get too focused on my tag team partner. That kept us both alive long enough to whittle down her health.

That being said, you didn't miss a ton not finishing. Didn't really change my opinion on the game. 8/10. Well worth the time.

Yeah it was clear to me the game was worth it anyway. Also, in the second phase, my partner died in seconds and it was awful and I don't care if it's not that bad anyway, but I tried one handed, two handed, spears and all, even using the pool as some video suggested, but when I was left alone a single mistake was fatal and it just didn't seem worth the effort.

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it was clear to me the game was worth it anyway. Also, in the second phase, my partner died in seconds and it was awful and I don't care if it's not that bad anyway, but I tried one handed, two handed, spears and all, even using the pool as some video suggested, but when I was left alone a single mistake was fatal and it just didn't seem worth the effort.
Yeah, I may have been a little lucky with my man surviving. On the previous four or five tries, he died early in that second phase for me, too.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
inXile released a patch to Bard's Tale IV today that adds dynamic resolution on Xbox One X up to 4K. I had fired it up very briefly when it first launched on Game Pass and honestly couldn't keep playing because it looked too blurry for me on my 65" TV, but man I am really enjoying it now. I realize that it isn't fully AAA polish yet or anything, but my excitement for what this studio could do next under Xbox just went up by a lot. I am not usually a turn based combat player either and have taken very quickly to the system and am enjoying it a lot.

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
World War Z and Yooka Laylee now available for console download/install via the Microsoft Store (if not yet visible for you in the apps).

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have yooka laylee on PS4. It's not pro enhanced. Should I bother downloading on Xbox one X?
I know the PS4 version was superior to the Xbox. But on x at least ?

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know where an updated/current list of PC Game Pass titles with Xbox achievements lives? I am one of those people that love achievements, but also love said achievements going to my Gamerscore with 13 years' worth of activity.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Why do people say console or PC? Do PC gamers not get all of the same games and vice versa? If not, I guess my plan to just get a PC to cover all GP games is a no go now..

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Finally got the true ending for Bloodstained. Probably didn't need to be quite as long as it is, but still, a lot of fun and better than I expected from an Igavania.

anyone know where the save folder is on PC, so I can back it up before uninstalling?

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'll just say Bad North lives up to its name, and not the "North" part.
It feels like a needlessly punishing, single player Clash Royale. I was hoping for something a little more strategic and less just cheap.

Last edited:

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know where an updated/current list of PC Game Pass titles with Xbox achievements lives? I am one of those people that love achievements, but also love said achievements going to my Gamerscore with 13 years' worth of activity.

Full List of PC Game Pass Games

Full list of PC Game Pass games. Find all the guides and achievement lists for PC Game Pass games here.

games with "win 10" have separate achievement lists from the console version.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Does that upgrade thing work if you have xbox live gold remaining in your account IF you've already used that £/$1 trial? Now it says £10.99 for ultimate. I want to do that xbox live gold sub trick.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017
I've been playing DMC5 with game pass and it exceeded my expectations, it's almost at the level of fun I had with DmC (2013).

Only in mission 6/20 but having a ton of fun. And I'm not missing the puzzles from previous games, hopefully it continues that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.