• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely! I just hit an incredible moment in Subnautica yesterday and it definitely feels a lot like Outer Wilds, even though the games play nothing alike.

So I'm 4-5 hours into the game, and get a bunch of radio transmissions from my crew trying to come and rescue me. They point out a drop site and tell me they'll be there in 40 minutes.

A 40-minute countdown timer appears on my screen. I'm not in a rush - I have plenty of equipment, food, water, I know how to find more of those things, etc. So I carefully and deliberately make my way over to the drop site with enough stuff to spare, and enough time to explore the drop site a bit.

First surprise was that there was a huge land mass over there! WTF?! Partly due to a bad draw distance in the game, but then just surprising in general. But then I noticed the strange technology and buildings there...very strange.

Then the 40-minute timer expires, my buddies arrive, and get shot the f*** out of the sky WHAT THE HELL

What made that moment even better, as a game moment, was that there was no inner monologue. There was no direction of what to do next. I was just.....completely alone, in complete silence. And now I need to figure out myself what to do next.
Yeah that moment was amazing, and yep, the game runs really bad on consoles, there are some huge problems with rendering and frame rate, but still the game is amazing. The sense of discovery, paired with the satisfaction that comes from finally building a new toy that lets you go even deeper in the ocean, is what makes this game truly special.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Started playing Remnant with my friend in co-op, we're just after the first boss (Gorefist, pretty hard bastard). So far it seems like a fun and demanding game. Anybody knows how long does it take to finish it?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Remnant took me about 18ish hours to finish, but I doubled that because I also coop'ed alot with a friend in his campaign

Oct 25, 2017
There are a couple of games on PC that don't have a language option. That really really sucks. I can't change the language of my whole OS for a game, but I don't want to play my games like that.
They need to let you pick a language for the Xbox App, just like Steam does.

Oct 25, 2017
Cd keys have 3 months ultimate for 18 euros.

As reminder, if you turn off reoccurring billing MS will offer an extra month of GP to turn it on. There was an newegg (I think?) deal a while back where I got four 3-month subs and I was effectively able to get 16 months by turning the reoccurring billing option off each time before I entered the code.

DiscoPizza

Oct 25, 2017
I bought 3 of those 3 month codes from cdkeys and it only let me redeem one code. It says they are only good for new subscribers. :(

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The new rewards along with the revamped Microsoft Rewards on mobile/PC for Europe make getting MS Rewards points a breeze. Between the Black Friday sales I used and the various challenges I completed I already gained like 6000 points in a couple days. If you follow the challenges fairly diligently you can pay your Game Pass Ultimate pretty much just by that.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Is Shadow of the Tomb Raider not coming to PC game pass.... ever? Trying to figure out if it's worth jumping through all of these Humble Monthly hoops to grandfather in my sub.

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't planning to buy a pet with real money despite the fact it's not crazy expensive, so I'm glad Prime gives me one for free. It's obviously not the most amazing pet by any means but at least I get to try the mechanic.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is Rage 2 crashing common? The game just crashed once just like that...
It crashed for me on my first night of playing it. That crash combined with the horrible menus is enough for me to not want to bother playing more of it.

Stuff like that is why I love GP. I considered buying Rage 2 at some point, which would've been really disappointing. Now it's just another mediocre game I tried and ditched.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It crashed for me on my first night of playing it. That crash combined with the horrible menus is enough for me to not want to bother playing more of it.

Stuff like that is why I love GP. I considered buying Rage 2 at some point, which would've been really disappointing. Now it's just another mediocre game I tried and ditched.

Exactly. Had I put down 20-40 Euros on the game, I would have played longer despite not having fun. With Game Pass I have 0 issues just dropping towards a better game. From my Game Pass backlog alone I have so much goodness to play it's incredible, no need to boost my cred by playing a game that isn't good *shrugs*

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Its odd how the Gamepass app now shows the new Daily/weekly/monthly quest, but not the Microsoft rewards quest anymore.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Question: if I cancel the humongous Halo: MCC download while continuing to download Reach and ODST, can I play those two games without having the collection installed? Seems you can't download them without clicking Install on MCC but can you actually play the Game Pass versions of those two games without having MCC installed on your hard drive?

Edit: it seems that pausing the MCC download prevents the other two from being downloaded so I guess not.

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
Question: if I cancel the humongous Halo: MCC download while continuing to download Reach and ODST, can I play those two games without having the collection installed?
Halo MCC supports the intelligent install feature. Once it hits Ready to Start launch it and you can choose what parts of what game you want to install.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I am unbelievably excited for Escapists 2 today. LOVED the first game and played a ton of it. Never got around to the second and it's been on my wishlist for some time now.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Halo MCC supports the intelligent install feature. Once it hits Ready to Start launch it and you can choose what parts of what game you want to install.
Awesome. I remember reading about that great feature but it slipped my mind now. Thanks you so much for replying. I would have been down to my last 6.5GB otherwise.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes seems so. Game performance is shocking and shouldn't be on GP like that.

Rage 2 is a mess. It's fun, but it crashes all the time and I'm pretty sure one of my main objectives glitched so I can't even finish the game.
Welp, uninstalling.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
It's great. Playing it on X1X, and while not a looker, it runs well. Seemed like it got early year love and has since been forgotten.
It was only released this past August on PC and console. It's a fantastic game with surprisingly great gunplay and melee abilities. A really unique experience with some general mechanics taken from the likes of Dark Souls but with a more ranged gameplay focus (with guns obviously). It's more of a collection game regarding weapons/armor/items rather than a real loot game though.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did the upgrade back in June so I had Game Pass Ultimate set until June 2022. Between how easy it is to currently get Microsoft Rewards points and such, I maxed out the three years again until late 2022 without spending a cent. This is so great.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Started playing Remnant with my friend in co-op, we're just after the first boss (Gorefist, pretty hard bastard). So far it seems like a fun and demanding game. Anybody knows how long does it take to finish it?

I just finished up on PS4 and going to run through again on Xbox now. I did do a lot of the game co-op with a friend, so doubled up on lots of bosses and areas. I also tried as far as possible to rinse each world, fully exploring and completing the additional areas. Total play time 35 hours Trait level 146. Great game with a couple of difficulty spikes, one world in particular is trickier than the others mob wise (Corsus - I hit it second from last). Couple of the main bosses I found very tricky/frustrating but overall a really good experience. Recommended.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Do we have any site with a complete and updated list with games on Xbox Game Pass PC that provide achievements? Checking individually on the Store if a game has achievements or not is a tiring work... Wish Microsoft made achievements a requirement on Xbox Game Pass PC as well.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
About 80% done with Darksiders 3. Much better than critics give it credit for.

If people wanted an easy mode Dark Souls, this may scratch the itch.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been using GamePass, but I realized none of the games I currently play have DLC. Does anyone know what's the policy for that? I'm assuming paid ones mean you actually have to buy the game to get them?

savageturnip

Oct 28, 2017
I've been using GamePass, but I realized none of the games I currently play have DLC. Does anyone know what's the policy for that? I'm assuming paid ones mean you actually have to buy the game to get them?

I believe you just need to purchase the DLC - not the game. Obviously that then leaves you with the risk that if the game was to be removed from Game Pass you'd have to purchase the game to play the DLC.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018

Unless it's an edition of the game that includes DLC, you have to buy the DLC separately. You don't have to buy the full game to get them-- as long as the game remains on GP you can buy the DLC and play it. But if the game drops off GP and the DLC isn't standalone, you WILL have to buy the base game at that point to continue to have access.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Played some xCloud and holy shit, I'm sold.

I had some slight stuttering issues at the start, but a quick reboot of my router sorted that out. Playing Gears 5 on the move is something I never imagined possible...haven't played any competitive games yet, but if it holds up as well as single player has, MS are onto a winner here.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Do we have any site with a complete and updated list with games on Xbox Game Pass PC that provide achievements? Checking individually on the Store if a game has achievements or not is a tiring work... Wish Microsoft made achievements a requirement on Xbox Game Pass PC as well.
This is easy.

In the Xbox app on PC, scroll down to "All Games" and then "Show all".

On your left there will now be a "Capabilities" filter. Choose "Xbox Live". Now you'll only see games with Xbox Live/Achievements support.

There's 120 in total. I'm sure it'll be mandatory when it leaves beta, most of the new additions seem to have Xbox Live and Achievements now.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I believe you just need to purchase the DLC - not the game. Obviously that then leaves you with the risk that if the game was to be removed from Game Pass you'd have to purchase the game to play the DLC.
Unless it's an edition of the game that includes DLC, you have to buy the DLC separately. You don't have to buy the full game to get them-- as long as the game remains on GP you can buy the DLC and play it. But if the game drops off GP and the DLC isn't standalone, you WILL have to buy the base game at that point to continue to have access.
Gotcha. Thanks!

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
This is easy.

In the Xbox app on PC, scroll down to "All Games" and then "Show all".

On your left there will now be a "Capabilities" filter. Choose "Xbox Live". Now you'll only see games with Xbox Live/Achievements support.

There's 120 in total. I'm sure it'll be mandatory when it leaves beta, most of the new additions seem to have Xbox Live and Achievements now.
Xbox app is not very accurate, some games with achievements didn't show up last time I checked. I use this : https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-game-pass-pc/games

Jul 26, 2019
The Netherlands
Just got an Xbox One S All Digital for 99€, had to bite at that price. Is this all I need to get to enjoy Gamepass and Live Gold for the next 3 months?

Wow, 99 euro's..! I did exactly the same, however it is 125 in the Netherlands. Still a great deal I think, for a game pass box :)

yes, but if you think you want to play on Xbox for a while I'd highly suggest stacking Xbox live gold and then getting the one dollar deal. It will basically get you gamepass for years to come

That sounds interesting! How do you do it, exactly? Is there a guide somewhere, perhaps? Thanks!

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, 99 euro's..! I did exactly the same, however it is 125 in the Netherlands. Still a great deal I think, for a game pass box :)

That sounds interesting! How do you do it, exactly? Is there a guide somewhere, perhaps? Thanks!

Don't need any guide. You get some live gold, then apply the 1€ month of ultimate and it converts all the rest (the gold months) to ultimate. Just don't you over the limit (3 years) counting the gold months plus the ultimate month plus the possible free months you get offered each time you redeem a code and it tells you to turn on automatic renewal (do it and then turn it off each time).

This is provided the 1:1 conversion still applies (dunno) and that you had never ultimate before activated on your account.

I did it this summer with a year code of gold and in the end got 14 or 15 months of ultimate out of it, for about 50 euro.

Jul 26, 2019
The Netherlands
Don't need any guide. You get some live gold, then apply the 1€ month of ultimate and it converts all the rest (the gold months) to ultimate. Just don't you over the limit (3 years) counting the gold months plus the ultimate month plus the possible free months you get offered each time you redeem a code and it tells you to turn on automatic renewal (do it and then turn it off each time).

This is provided the 1:1 conversion still applies (dunno) and that you had never ultimate before activated on your account.

I did it this summer with a year code of gold and in the end got 14 or 15 months of ultimate out of it, for about 50 euro.

I am going to look into it when I'm setting up my xbox tonight, thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.