• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
This is easy.

In the Xbox app on PC, scroll down to "All Games" and then "Show all".

On your left there will now be a "Capabilities" filter. Choose "Xbox Live". Now you'll only see games with Xbox Live/Achievements support.

There's 120 in total. I'm sure it'll be mandatory when it leaves beta, most of the new additions seem to have Xbox Live and Achievements now.

Xbox app is not very accurate, some games with achievements didn't show up last time I checked. I use this : https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-game-pass-pc/games

thanks guys

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
So I just got 3 months ultimate for less than a dollar, now if I download a game and then it is removed from Gamepass will I still be able to play it if I keep my sub active?

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
Don't need any guide. You get some live gold, then apply the 1€ month of ultimate and it converts all the rest (the gold months) to ultimate. Just don't you over the limit (3 years) counting the gold months plus the ultimate month plus the possible free months you get offered each time you redeem a code and it tells you to turn on automatic renewal (do it and then turn it off each time).

This is provided the 1:1 conversion still applies (dunno) and that you had never ultimate before activated on your account.

I did it this summer with a year code of gold and in the end got 14 or 15 months of ultimate out of it, for about 50 euro.
I'm new to Xbox one so thanks for the explanation what's the free months with automatic renewal?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I'm new to Xbox one so thanks for the explanation what's the free months with automatic renewal?

When you redeem a subscription code (if you buy them for example on cdkeys or whatever), the Microsoft website offers you an additional free month for your new subscription if you turn on automatic renewal. You should just accept and cancel auto renewal straight away in your account config. You can get a couple free extra months that way.

Oct 28, 2017
The Spotify 6 months Premium being available to new Spotify customers only is a bit of a joke. I know I could just set up a new account but I can't be arsed adding all my favourited (that's a word) songs.

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
When you redeem a subscription code (if you buy them for example on cdkeys or whatever), the Microsoft website offers you an additional free month for your new subscription if you turn on automatic renewal. You should just accept and cancel auto renewal straight away in your account config. You can get a couple free extra months that way.
Understood, thanks!

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
"Four games will be leaving Xbox Game Pass for Console according to the Game Pass app Life is Strange, Life is Strange: Before the Storm, Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 and Ashen will all be leaving the service soon. The app doesn't mention a date that these games will be leaving, although usually after an announcement is made you have about two weeks before they drop out from Game Pass"
Time to actually play life is strange lol. Played the first episode years ago but have been putting off the rest of the game.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
"Four games will be leaving Xbox Game Pass for Console according to the Game Pass app Life is Strange, Life is Strange: Before the Storm, Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 and Ashen will all be leaving the service soon. The app doesn't mention a date that these games will be leaving, although usually after an announcement is made you have about two weeks before they drop out from Game Pass"
Weird that Pro Evo is getting dumped when they're advertising that on TV as one of the key games on the service. Oops.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Bloody hell, I haven't started Life is Strange yet. Do we know when it's going?

Chippu

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
Was kinda hoping Kingdom Hearts III would make it's way to Game Pass eventually, but just picked it up for €8 in a (pre-)Black Friday deal.

I still need to finish Outer World's, DMCV, Darksiders III, and more though.. :(

Damn you, Game Pass.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
nthing how surprisingly garbage rage 2 is because it's unstable as fuck. how does a company with those resources release a product still in that state months after release? it was fun enough in the little i played, but i'm not about to waste my time with crashes and shitty fucking menus that are also crash-prone. feel bad for people that paid full price because that's unacceptable in this day and age.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something I'm finding that's giving me pause before playing some of the games is that it seems like a fair number of the 3rd party releases on PC don't seem to support achievements. If there weren't other versions of the game that had achievements or trophies it probably wouldn't bother me so much.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Better get on Life is Strange, it's five episodes and fairly lengthy for a game of this type, especially if you want to soak up the details. The achievements are easy though.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
nthing how surprisingly garbage rage 2 is because it's unstable as fuck. how does a company with those resources release a product still in that state months after release? it was fun enough in the little i played, but i'm not about to waste my time with crashes and shitty fucking menus that are also crash-prone. feel bad for people that paid full price because that's unacceptable in this day and age.

I was really enjoying the game but it would crash any time something would affect the display (controller dying notification, Steam notification, etc.). I turned off the Xbox gamebar, AMD overlay and exited Steam and didn't have any more crashes so far. Ymmv but it's worth a shot.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Shit, tomorrow I'll receive Control but I wanted to play Before the Storm. Time to think it out...

Is it worth it? I guess not as good as the original.
And btw does it include the bonus episode on game pass?

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Shit, tomorrow I'll receive Control but I wanted to play Before the Storm. Time to think it out...

Is it worth it? I guess not as good as the original.
And btw does it include the bonus episode on game pass?
Before the Storm is better than LiS S1 in a lot of ways, but you should know going in that it absolutely does not stick the landing.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Pony Island is so perfect for Game Pass. Just a really neat weird story based thing you can enjoy and finish in a single afternoon.

What other games on game pass are good and can be beaten in 3 hours or less?

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
how does Subnautica run on the 1x and does the pc game pass version have achievements?

On OneX it runs overall well, though there are definitely some chunky parts. As the game has gone on longer, I've gotten a few glitches, but nothing too serious. I would say the loading times compared to PC are looooooong though.

On PC, it runs great, and I think it is definitely the way to play, even vs OneX. But, even though the GamePass and Store pages list it as supporting Xbox Live Cloud Save, Xbox Live Achievements, and Play Anywhere, I saw no evidence of any of those things. The PC version didn't show any achievements, and it didn't sync my saves. Also maybe related, if I open the Xbox Console Companion, it only tracks my "last played" date for the Xbox version.

I tried reporting a bug on the Subnautica forums (https://forums.unknownworlds.com/di...oud-saves-and-achievements-not-working#latest), but it got only 1 reply of another player reporting the same thing, nothing from Unknown Worlds.

I tried their official Discord channel as well, but there were no devs, only other players. I'm not really sure what the "right" way is to raise the issue / question with them, if anyone knows of a better channel I'd love to hear about it.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
On OneX it runs overall well, though there are definitely some chunky parts. As the game has gone on longer, I've gotten a few glitches, but nothing too serious. I would say the loading times compared to PC are looooooong though.

On PC, it runs great, and I think it is definitely the way to play, even vs OneX. But, even though the GamePass and Store pages list it as supporting Xbox Live Cloud Save, Xbox Live Achievements, and Play Anywhere, I saw no evidence of any of those things. The PC version didn't show any achievements, and it didn't sync my saves. Also maybe related, if I open the Xbox Console Companion, it only tracks my "last played" date for the Xbox version.

I tried reporting a bug on the Subnautica forums (https://forums.unknownworlds.com/di...oud-saves-and-achievements-not-working#latest), but it got only 1 reply of another player reporting the same thing, nothing from Unknown Worlds.

I tried their official Discord channel as well, but there were no devs, only other players. I'm not really sure what the "right" way is to raise the issue / question with them, if anyone knows of a better channel I'd love to hear about it.

If it's just initial load times that's not too bad. If youre constantly loading the new it might annoy me. Sounds like the game is still kind of rough though which is a shame considering how much time has gone by.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
How does Pony Island even work outside of steam?

the steam chat meta moment was one of my favorite things in a videogame ever, I actually did a double take.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
The Gardens Between, it's amazing
Played up to the computer/printer puzzle. It's cute and pretty and some interesting puzzle mechanics, but also kinda slow and shallow for my tastes. Also the first windows game I've played where it randomly minimized the application to ask me to rate the game, which I'm not a fan of.
How does Pony Island even work outside of steam?

the steam chat meta moment was one of my favorite things in a videogame ever, I actually did a double take.
Huh, i'd like to know that too now that you mention it. I played it on steam too, and just noticed it in the OP and thought it a good recommendation.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I used howlongtobeat.com and a little bit of personal judgement to categorize somewhat short games. Might be a bit inaccurate but good enough I hope.

One or two play sessions (Around 4 hours or less)
  • Abzu
  • Ape Out
  • Blazing Chrome
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • Hatoful Boyfriend
  • Metal Slug 3
  • Metal Slug X
  • Minit
  • Old Man's Journey
  • Pony Island
  • Rise and Shine
  • Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure
  • Tacoma
  • The Gardens Between
  • The Last Door
  • The Stillness of the Wind
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
Two or three play sessions (Around 4-6 hours)
  • Braid
  • Clustertruck
  • Creature in the Well
  • Descenders
  • Double Dragon Neon
  • Felix the Reaper
  • Goat Simulator
  • Halo: Spartan Assault
  • Hydro Thunder
  • Joe Danger
  • Joe Danger 2: The Movie
  • Lichtspeer
  • Lovely Mountains Downhill
  • Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
  • Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • My Friend Pedro
  • Night Call
  • Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You
  • Oxenfree
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • Red Strings Club
  • Riverbond
  • Samorost 3
  • Superhot
  • The Blair Witch
  • Turing Test
  • Westerado: Double Barreled
Three to five play sessions (Around 6-9 hours)
  • Battle Chef Brigade
  • Broforce
  • Costume Quest 2
  • Fez
  • Headlander
  • Hotline Miami
  • Kameo: Elements of Power
  • Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Perfect Dark Zero
  • Rime
  • Ruiner
  • Ryse: Son of Rome
  • Silence - The Whispered World 2
  • Steamworld Dig 2
  • Undertale

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Remnant from the ashes is incredible!!! Just started if anyone else just starting wants to play let me know.

I'll be on tonight from 21h EU time or 20h UK time

lemmykoopah

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I want to catch up on Gears and the Halo series and maybe some other exclusives on gamepass but because next gen is like only 1 year away I've decided to wait for Scarlett and not buy an Xbox now. It's a sure thing the whole Gears and Halo catalogue will still be on gamepass next year when Scarlett releases right? Or could they be removed by then?

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I want to catch up on Gears and the Halo series and maybe some other exclusives on gamepass but because next gen is like only 1 year away I've decided to wait for Scarlett and not buy an Xbox now. It's a sure thing the whole Gears and Halo catalogue will still be on gamepass next year when Scarlett releases right? Or could they be removed by then?
First party games should be on the service forever.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
You all should try Ashen if you haven't. Amazing experience and it feels like a Souls-lite done right with its passive multiplayer, nice atmosphere and sense of hope in a newborn world! I haven't seen the game offered cheaper than at the current Game Pass offering of 20% discount, so I might purchase the game before it leaves the service.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
The Spotify 6 months Premium being available to new Spotify customers only is a bit of a joke. I know I could just set up a new account but I can't be arsed adding all my favourited (that's a word) songs.

You can save them to a play list and make the playlist collaborative with your new account. Takes about a minute to do, not ideal, but that's how to do it

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting impatiently for Demon's Tilt. It looks so fucking good.

Demons-Tilt-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.