• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
I downloaded Age of Empires II a while ago and wanted to play it know. Apparently there's an update but I'm getting en error while trying to download it? 0x80070020 is the error code

Anybody ran into this problem and know how to solve it?

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Looks like Dec is going to be another great month for Game Pass. I'm on the verge of buying a PS4 on sale, but I already have too much to play on Game Pass that I'm second-guessing myself.

Oct 28, 2017
I bought My Friend Pedro day one for the Switch. Probably my biggest disappointment of the year.

Hopefully it's just me though and you all enjoy it.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Just downloaded and beaten Darksiders 3 in one day, really had fun with it (in classic mode). Hadn't played the other games before now but apparently they're all different genres and differ quite a lot from each other gameplay-wise so I don't think i'll bother.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

we know for a fact that for example Phoenix Point is out in 2 weeks and it wasnt in the X019 games for "this holiday" (for whatever reason)

XboxGP_X019_final-1024x576.jpg

ronabs

Mar 15, 2018

we know for a fact that for example Phoenix Point is out in 2 weeks and it wasnt in the X019 games for "this holiday" (for whatever reason)

XboxGP_X019_final-1024x576.jpg

Phoenix Point is Q1 2020 on Xbox One.

This is what I know so far for december on console:
  • Demon's Tilt - 6
  • Halo Reach/MCC - 3
  • My Friend Pedro - 5
  • Pathologic 2 - 12
  • The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - 19
  • Wandersong - 6

On august, they confirmed Wasteland 30th Anniversary for 2019, don't know if it has been delayed or what, and Killer Queen Black was confirmed for 2019 back in march's ID@Xbox Game Pass show, but I didn't heard of it anymore either.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Just downloaded and beaten Darksiders 3 in one day, really had fun with it (in classic mode). Hadn't played the other games before now but apparently they're all different genres and differ quite a lot from each other gameplay-wise so I don't think i'll bother.
Wow it's that short?

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Something I'm finding that's giving me pause before playing some of the games is that it seems like a fair number of the 3rd party releases on PC don't seem to support achievements. If there weren't other versions of the game that had achievements or trophies it probably wouldn't bother me so much.

I don't really care much about achievements, but yeah, the lack of basic XBL integration in so many games is pretty baffling. Bloodstained is particularly egregious, in that it not only lacks cloud saves, but deletes your save games entirely when you uninstall the game (fortunately, I was warned about this and manually copied them to a different folder before uninstalling, but it's still ridiculous).

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Ahh ok, so it isn't on console day 1 then.

I never said console anyway :p

the FAQ on the official site still mentions gamepass in December so we'll see.

+ Which platforms will Phoenix Point be distributed on?

The PC and Mac OS versions of Phoenix Point will be launcing on the Epic Games Store in December 2019.​

The PC version will also be releasing on Microsoft's Game Pass in December 2019 with the Xbox One version to follow in Q1 2020.​

For the Epic Games Store version, the Epic Games Launcher will be required to download and update Phoenix Point. Once the game is downloaded and installed on your system, you will be able to launch the game directly from a desktop or program menu shortcut. The launcher will not be required for day-to-day play. An "always on" internet connection will not be required.​

Phoenix Point will come to Steam and GOG.com in late 2020/early 2021.​

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix Point is (was??) day one Game Pass? Been needing something to scratch that XCOM itch...

All things considered, the EGS/PC game pass one-two punch really isn't that bad, esp if it means devs get to break even before any copies are sold.

Last edited:

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I'm picking up a gaming PC for the first time since Half Life 2 launched. Game Pass Ultimate makes being a Xbox and PC gamer an amazing combo. Really excited to play strategy games again. Forgot about Phoenix Point since it was further off on console but Xcom 2 is one of my top 10 games of the gen. Downloading AEO2 immediately. PC backlog despite not purchasing a PC game in over a decade thanks to XGP.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i tried 2 xbox game pass for pc games today, bridge constructor portal and recore, and i was unable to unlock achievements in either of them, even though a quick check shows that i should have.

edit - i figured it out, the "connected user experiences and telemetry" service had been turned off somehow. turning it back on then restarting the games unlocked achievements in both bridge constructor portal and recore.

Last edited:

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I don't know if they differ as much as you say. It's just the gameplay always takes stronger influences from where the action genre's trending at the time of their release than from the previous entry in the series, and action game trends have changed a ton over time. The overall atmosphere, tone, characterization, and story are still pretty consistent in my opinion.

Shame that the first two left gamepass already, because if you loved Darksiders 3 that much I'd say it's at least worth playing the tutorial. I guess the closest left on Gamepass is something like Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, Middle Earth, or Hollow Knight, which are all probably more different from darksiders 3 than first two darksiders.

Oct 25, 2017
Slay the Spire was supposed be a quick appetizer before I started a main course (The Outer Worlds), but I'm officially obsessed with this game. It's is endlessly playable and doesn't require loads of time to make a run. I most def see myself buying this game a playing it on and off throughout the years. It's my unexpected GOTY.

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017
Slay the Spire was supposed be a quick appetizer before I started a main course (The Outer Worlds), but I'm officially obsessed with this game. It's is endlessly playable and doesn't require loads of time to make a run. I most def see myself buying this game a playing it on and off throughout the years. It's my unexpected GOTY.

Slay the Spire was my GOTY last year, so I didn't vote on ERA since it wasn't eligible (dumb rule imo). But, another 100-200 hours this year...still might be GOTY this year.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I finished The Red Strings Club in one sitting and I've never been more confused about how I feel about a game.

It's kinda mediocre when thinking of every moment to moment thing, but I have to admit the mirror it holds up is interesting. Biggest plus is that one of the two reviews for this game on the gamepass app is a triggered conservative snowflake who can't believe the game lectured them for choosing the dialog option to say women aren't oppressed.

I'm also really confused about how the empathy quizes worked. I got high scores on all of them, but I can't tell if I was actually being empathetic or if I was just picking up fictional tropes or if it allowed multiple conflicting right answers. And I think I'd have very different things to say about the game depending on which one of those is most true.

I wonder how much it changes on different playthroughs. I kinda fucked up a lot on my playthrough.

Last edited:

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Am I missing something in regards to Reach?

My TMCC hasn,'t updated for months and neither has the Reach 360 installation I've got either.

When I fire up TMCC too, there is no slot/area to download Reach.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I tried it on console and it felt slow and clunky and I couldn't get in to it. Downloaded it for PC thanks to Game Pass and it feels amazing, the game was clearly designed for 60fps, and the movement and combat feels so much more fluid and fun. Night and day difference compared to the X version. I'm having a blast with it.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Halo MCC and Reach got stuck in limbo on my PC so I had to delete the games, restart in safe mode, delete the Windows\Prefetch folder and re-add them. God, I hate this Windows Store shite. Gonna test out the games on Game Pass and then buy them on Steam eventually. Same with Gears 5.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if they differ as much as you say. It's just the gameplay always takes stronger influences from where the action genre's trending at the time of their release than from the previous entry in the series, and action game trends have changed a ton over time. The overall atmosphere, tone, characterization, and story are still pretty consistent in my opinion.

Shame that the first two left gamepass already, because if you loved Darksiders 3 that much I'd say it's at least worth playing the tutorial. I guess the closest left on Gamepass is something like Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, Middle Earth, or Hollow Knight, which are all probably more different from darksiders 3 than first two darksiders.
Damn have they? I've had 2 installed forever and never got around to it

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I tried it on console and it felt slow and clunky and I couldn't get in to it. Downloaded it for PC thanks to Game Pass and it feels amazing, the game was clearly designed for 60fps, and the movement and combat feels so much more fluid and fun. Night and day difference compared to the X version. I'm having a blast with it.

Exactly the same. I got it for free in PS4 and couldn't get 2 minutes into it because of the control. Tried it on gamepass pc and I love it. Surprised because these things are usually made for console first.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It did something else when I did this. I'll look into the controls when I try it again. There was nothing like it when I looked today.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Phoenix Point is (was??) day one Game Pass? Been needing something to scratch that XCOM itch...

All things considered, the EGS/PC game pass one-two punch really isn't that bad, esp if it means devs get to break even before any copies are sold.
There is Mutant Year Zero on GP is you want an XCOM like game, I've played it a bit and it's decent.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Can you stack the 3 month codes from Discord Nitro on your account, or is it one time use only?

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
It took me almost two hours to beat the first level in Sniper Elite 4, and I got a 10 point achievement.
Scrooges. Christmas, bah hum bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.