• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tolman

Oct 29, 2017
Will Outer Worlds stay forever on gamepass as Forza and Gears? Does it count as MS Studios game?

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Nobody should be sleeping on remnant from the ashes.

Amazing game
How far are you? Loved it...until some boss battles. Feel like boss battles are designed to force you to coop. I love the difficulty of Soulsbourne boss battles but these have felt cheap mostly because they're balanced for co-op. Think I'm 1/3rd in. Debating going back and trying it coop.

Oct 27, 2017
How far are you? Loved it...until some boss battles. Feel like boss battles are designed to force you to coop. I love the difficulty of Soulsbourne boss battles but these have felt cheap mostly because they're balanced for co-op. Think I'm 1/3rd in. Debating going back and trying it coop.
I've just finished the Ent on earth and am now searching for the undying king. Tbh, I met a guy from the states who is a lord of death on this game who helped with the ent, and has been taking me places in order to get better stuff. Otherwise, I would still be struggling.

Yeah the game is hard, but really good and great in coop. I do agree with you that the bosses feel that they are handled better coop. You can have at least one person thinning the minions whilst at least one person attacks the boss.

One other thing is the fact that the starting weapons and armor are absolute dog shit.

rabathehutch

Nov 1, 2017
Will Outer Worlds stay forever on gamepass as Forza and Gears? Does it count as MS Studios game?
Yeah - I was thinking about this the other day when The Outer Worlds was on sale. The answer at the moment is we don't know but I'd lean no, it's still published by Private Division so if they wanted they could pull it and long term Microsoft may not see the value in paying to keep it on the services. But obviously there is a lot of behind the scene deals that we're not privy to.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoying Bloodstained so far.

Did have to look up how to progress once so far.

The train pass thing. I'd met the vampire on my way up and borrowed a book. Beat the twin dragons and got the silver bromide. I did know that I needed it for the camera so returned that and got my ID. I thought that would let me through, but no luck. Really not sure how I was supposed to know to take the photo to the vampire unless I missed something?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying Bloodstained so far.

Did have to look up how to progress once so far.

The train pass thing. I'd met the vampire on my way up and borrowed a book. Beat the twin dragons and got the silver bromide. I did know that I needed it for the camera so returned that and got my ID. I thought that would let me through, but no luck. Really not sure how I was supposed to know to take the photo to the vampire unless I missed something?
IIRC When you get the ID, you go back to the train station to board it and it should let you on through to ride the train?

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
IIRC When you get the ID, you go back to the train station to board it and it should let you on through to ride the train?

So I got the photo, went to the gate, and nothing happened. At that point I looked it up and you had to go speak to OD the vampire book dude, he then gives you like a travel pass and stamps your photo onto it.

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
yeah I'm not sure how you're supposed to figure that out without a walkthrough, either (I checked one)
If I remember my play through,
if you talk to Od after trying to board the train he tells you need a train pass and you can have his if you have a photograph of yourself to place on it. Then he patronizes you if you even know what a photograph is.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
If I remember my play through,
if you talk to Od after trying to board the train he tells you need a train pass and you can have his if you have a photograph of yourself to place on it. Then he patronizes you if you even know what a photograph is.
The problem is if you see him before going there, there's no indication that you should go back to see him again. And even if you see him after, you still have to talk to him a second time, with no reason to believe that you'd need to.

It's a good game, but that one part isn't very well designed.

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
The problem is if you see him before going there, there's no indication that you should go back to see him again. And even if you see him after, you still have to talk to him a second time, with no reason to believe that you'd need to.

It's a good game, but that one part isn't very well designed.

Yeah I agree with that, there is a lot of jank in the game, and I did spend a while roaming the map looking for a missed path during that section.
I also found that certain magic / monster abilities were a bit overpowered once you got your MP regen reasonably high.

Also the last achievement (of getting all of the other achivements) is bugged, slightly annoying since I did take my time to 100% the game.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I agree with that, there is a lot of jank in the game, and I did spend a while roaming the map looking for a missed path during that section.
I also found that certain magic / monster abilities were a bit overpowered once you got your MP regen reasonably high.

Also the last achievement (of getting all of the other achivements) is bugged, slightly annoying since I did take my time to 100% the game.

They fixed it a week or so ago - I was waiting for that before I started. Folk are saying that you just need to load your save and it'll pop.

Good to know I wasn't the only one with issues on that bit. Not a big deal really but just a bit daft.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
They fixed it a week or so ago - I was waiting for that before I started. Folk are saying that you just need to load your save and it'll pop.

Good to know I wasn't the only one with issues on that bit. Not a big deal really but just a bit daft.

Yep. Just return to the title screen and load your save again and it'll pop. Or at least it did for me.

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
Well that is nice I suppose, I beat it a month ago and read that it has been bugged since release so didn't bother trying to contact support over it.
I'll try it later when I get home.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Beating Blazing Chrome makes me one of the proud few 1.9% who beat that game. It's very fun and only 2-3 hours long. There are just some checkpoints that took a good while to learn and get passed which could discourage some. Probably only an hour long game tops if you clear most stuff first try.

I wonder how much game pass lowers the percentage of players gaining achievements, if at all.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver

OP builds can be part of the fun, though not always.

I got distracted by other games a little after the section people were stuck on, so I can't really say.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Any word on Reach as it pertains to:

1. When it will be up on Xbox One GP?

2. Will MCC itself recognize it as a part of package, thereby allowing the player to go into game's option and download its campaign/SP file/s separately?

Mar 20, 2018
I've just finished the Ent on earth and am now searching for the undying king. Tbh, I met a guy from the states who is a lord of death on this game who helped with the ent, and has been taking me places in order to get better stuff. Otherwise, I would still be struggling.

Yeah the game is hard, but really good and great in coop. I do agree with you that the bosses feel that they are handled better coop. You can have at least one person thinning the minions whilst at least one person attacks the boss.

One other thing is the fact that the starting weapons and armor are absolute dog shit.

Go for Co-op for sure. I had been playing solo and barely got anything accomplished. Two buddies joined my session last night and we did so much in the two hours we played. This is on a first playthrough up to the Undying King.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
So, I am going through GP (here in Canada) and I can't see any option to "Install" reach w/o buying it for Xbone.
Do you have MCC installed? I think you might need to go through that to get it for free. I had uninstalled MCC but when I re-installed it last week that process triggered downloads for Reach and ODST as well. If you have it installed then try updating it. Maybe Reach is in the menus where you can make partial installs for just certain campaigns.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Do you have MCC installed? I think you might need to go through that to get it for free. I had uninstalled MCC but when I re-installed it last week that process triggered downloads for Reach and ODST as well. If you have it installed then try updating it. Maybe Reach is in the menus where you can make partial installs for just certain campaigns.

Yea, I do. Wait let me start Xbone up and check. The last time I did (earlier today) I could not find it in the download list from within the game.

BRB.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I do. Wait let me start Xbone up and check. The last time I did (earlier today) I could not find it in the download list from within the game.

BRB.
I got a 20-something GB update for MCC today. Hopefully that made Reach appear in the menus. Also try the Manage Game & Add-Ons option (press ""Start"" when the game icon for MCC is highlighted in the OS). I'm looking at it now and ODST and Reach are shown there as add-ons. Maybe you can download via that menu.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Clive Okay, so Reach does show up as part of the update (size 10MB, hah). Thanks.
Just fired it up myself post-patch and I can tell you that Reach is indeed available under Settings - Gameplay - Change Installed Games now. So, if you don't get it automatically you should be able to get it from there.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Just tried the GP beta on W10 for the first time and am getting super slow download (seems to cap out at 2.1 mbps for me) on a 200+mbps connection, I get around 150-200 on my X when downloading games on that. After poking around google and trying things like changing dns and enabling delivery optimization for Windows updates/downloads I'm still getting the same speed.

Anyone else experience this or know some way to increase the download speeds on the Game Pass PC app? These speeds are killin me :/

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
So I earned almost 12k MS points last month. Which is like $13 or so in MS gift cards? I think I only spent $10 on FH4 Lego DLC and whatever minor amount my Ultimate was when I upgraded on the cheap for three years.

MS very nearly paid ME to play a lot of good games in November . God, I love Game Pass + quests + Rewards.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished Darksiders 3 and thinking about Rage 2 on PC. Fun game? It is worth the download?

ronabs

Mar 15, 2018
EK8qve3UcAIjoQ1

Dec. 5 - My Friend Pedro, Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker
Dec. 6 - Demon's Tilt, Wandersong
Dec. 12- eFootball PES 2020, Overcooked! 2, Pathologic 2, Tom Clancy's The Division

Status
Not open for further replies.